AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

View Poll Results: Nanoha - StrikerS - Episode 17 Rating
Perfect 10 74 69.16%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 20 18.69%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 7.48%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 1.87%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.93%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.87%
Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-07-24, 20:54   Link #501
narmi
The Asian who's Malaysian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burner of Anime View Post
I doubt all 3 were confident enough to stop the Terminator at full burn with her backup a few minutes away.
Ginga the Terminator... heh.

http://www.nanofate.us/ NanoFate main website Weiss Schwarz Facebook Group - Deck theme: MSLN Nanoha
Old 2007-07-24, 21:13   Link #502
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

I wonder how long until some clips of the fighting in this episode appear on YouTube...

Even if most are too short to actually make anything out of.
Old 2007-07-24, 21:19   Link #503
narmi
The Asian who's Malaysian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
I wonder how long until some clips of the fighting in this episode appear on YouTube...

For sure less than a week in my opinion

http://www.nanofate.us/ NanoFate main website Weiss Schwarz Facebook Group - Deck theme: MSLN Nanoha
Old 2007-07-24, 21:22   Link #504
krisslanza

Not too mention some of the better fighting scenes are pretty much some big huge spoilers Unlike the previous battle scenes uploaded... You'd have to clip out some chunks to keep them spoiler free...

This episode was very action heavy and plot advancing I'd say? XD
Old 2007-07-24, 21:36   Link #505
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meophist View Post
In any case, I don't believe that Scagaletti can simply make Numbers at will. If he could, I would think he would've made more. There's probably something that's stopping him from doing just that. Sentoukijin aren't just battle robots, they seem to be quite a bit more than that.
If he truly values life (( in a sense )), then it'd make sense, really. Sentoukijin are clearly said to be mechanized humans from the monologues from an earlier episode.

Thus far, none of the Numbers show any contempt towards the Doctor (( which may imply the modifications were either mutual, or necessary )) nor they show signs of being brainwashed one way or another (( Individual varying personality, and Tre/Sette being sad at Fate's anti-Jail banter ))... It might mean something. Not to mention those who aren't even his any longer (( Lutecia )) shows a subdued, but existing acceptance of him, helping him, and wishing for his best.

If he really considers them to be tools downright to the concept of "tool", why even bother with stuff like that? Since he's knowledgeable on Project F, tampering with memories doesn't seem to be something tough. Or even just replace their brains with drone-level controls which he can manipulate. I'd think stuff like A.I should be a piece of cake for him.

Well, that, or he's just a mechaphilic fetish fruitcake.

Quote:
This episode was very action heavy and plot advancing I'd say? XD
Well, action-heavy naturally. It advances (( and maybe closes )) some character subplots, most importantly Subaru's. Elio and Vice's subplots seem rushed, but we'll see if there'll be more to them. Plot advances a little on Jail's motives, his relation to Project F, and the prophecy. Though we still don't know what the Relic/Vessel concurs with this.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-07-24, 21:50   Link #506
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well it does seem we've seen all of Strada's forms (unless they are going to spring a new one out of the blue). So we've ended up with the standard lance with the straight forward speed boost. Then it's the multi-booster mode giving controlled flight and hopefully even more speed and maneuverability (at the very least ahead of flying on a dragon). Finally I think we've got the full drive that has the spikes sticking out of the end (probably to assist with electrical attacks). So with the forms shown off I think it's time to get some attacks thrown in there so he can win some fights.
Old 2007-07-24, 21:57   Link #507
Jimmy C

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza
They're already up. Links can be found on some earlier posts on this discussion.
Old 2007-07-24, 22:08   Link #508
krisslanza

I do wish I knew what Jail was saying at the end. Anyone care for the summary? Too lazy to dig through the thread
Old 2007-07-24, 22:22   Link #509
Cocomonk

Hey folks! Thought I'd share a little theory I came up with regarding Dr. Scagaletti's motivations, which seem to be a pretty hot topic after episode 17. I didn't see another theory like this one on the thread, but if there was, just consider this an addition. I've put the whole thing in a spoiler tag, just in case I say something I'm not supposed to without one.

Spoiler for Jail's Motivation:

Sorry this is a little long, but I thought it was interesting. Take a look, and let me know what you think.
Old 2007-07-24, 22:32   Link #510
Serenity85
Horo-ism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocomonk View Post
Hey folks! Thought I'd share a little theory I came up with regarding Dr. Scagaletti's motivations, which seem to be a pretty hot topic after episode 17. I didn't see another theory like this one on the thread, but if there was, just consider this an addition. I've put the whole thing in a spoiler tag, just in case I say something I'm not supposed to without one.

Spoiler for Jail's Motivation:

Sorry this is a little long, but I thought it was interesting. Take a look, and let me know what you think.
Not bad an idea but I don't think the numbers were ill ppl who were saved cause wouldn't they have kept original names? Fate (although she was suppose to be Alica) had a true name, so Did Erio. Ginga and Subaru are up in the air as we don't know the extent of what there passed around type-0 is. So why do the numbers use a Number as there name and not original plus they are test tube girls afterall^^ Thats the only hole I see in your theory^^

I watched the raw^^ much awsomeness^^ Not much else to say that hasn't already been said^^
Old 2007-07-25, 00:28   Link #511
Bleed Kaga
Basketball Star

I think it's safe to assume the Numbers are meant to be likeable similar to Fate and the knights in the previous 2 seasons. They remind me of Marciano's 12 Sisters in Coyote Ragtime Show in terms of their role in the story and of course both are 12 sexy/adorable/whatever mech-girls.
Old 2007-07-25, 00:57   Link #512
Nemesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Well it does seem we've seen all of Strada's forms (unless they are going to spring a new one out of the blue). So we've ended up with the standard lance with the straight forward speed boost. Then it's the multi-booster mode giving controlled flight and hopefully even more speed and maneuverability (at the very least ahead of flying on a dragon). Finally I think we've got the full drive that has the spikes sticking out of the end (probably to assist with electrical attacks). So with the forms shown off I think it's time to get some attacks thrown in there so he can win some fights.
FORM is not MODE though,so there is still hope.
Old 2007-07-25, 01:01   Link #513
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adr 00 View Post
FORM is not MODE though,so there is still hope.
Actually, from what Bardiche and the Armed Devices have shown us, Form and Mode mean both the same thing when it comes to the devices.
Old 2007-07-25, 01:07   Link #514
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
I do wish I knew what Jail was saying at the end. Anyone care for the summary? Too lazy to dig through the thread
Basically it's...

"Why hello there members of TSAB Ground Forces, did you like my present to you?

You who restrict Lost Logias, ban and unlegalized technology in the name of peace, shafting the growth and desire of researchers around to develop technology in the right direction... Today's present was a wrath and showcase from those particular people.

However,I too am human and loves life, and therefore I don't want to spill unnecessary bloodshed and deaths, thus the attack was presented as humanely as possibly could. Just looking at the events, my technology, my abilities, my power is more than proven enough. Let's end it at here today.

If you want this wonderful power and technology, I can create them for you anytime with pleasure... with the right conditions/offers of course....FufufufufuHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHBWAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHA!!!!"

I think some points were missed or mistaken since my moonspeak sucks and Jail's bantering lots of nonsense I can't make out clearly during the talk about Lost Logia restricting and shafting the researchers of those who desire to develop right technology aka unethical ones, but that's about the general idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Kaga View Post
I think it's safe to assume the Numbers are meant to be likeable similar to Fate and the knights in the previous 2 seasons. They remind me of Marciano's 12 Sisters in Coyote Ragtime Show in terms of their role in the story and of course both are 12 sexy/adorable/whatever mech-girls.
Well, that's clearly obvious. Just like Jail is obviously meant to be unlikable just judging from the way he acts. The argument now is that if he's as bad as he is unlikeable, why bother with giving his Numbers personality and a degree of understanding? Or for that fact, why even bother making him seem half-decent compared to some ebil scientist who seemingly treats his creations like shit? At least he treats his like collectibles, even using the worst term. It means there should be some depth to him as well, as much as he's meant to be hated.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.

Last edited by Nightengale; 2007-07-25 at 01:19.
Old 2007-07-25, 03:39   Link #515
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

Quote:

I can help you with that.
They were already there ever since...SUNDAY

Subaru berserker mode
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7OLJ5kfruw

Voltaire summon and Erio vs. Garyuu with mode 2 strada
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCOsosvzY2E

Numbers vs. Forwards
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Z9EE-tveAA

Enjoy!

EDIT: I really did like the attitude of Hayate at the end of this episode...even after all of that destruction and damage done to TSAB and RF6's base, she just concluded with "RF6 is not over yet." with a determined look. I guess the gloves are coming off in the next battle.

Last edited by Ultima_Rasengan05; 2007-07-25 at 03:56.
Old 2007-07-25, 06:20   Link #516
Thisguy
Negikamo

Now that I think about it, what if Scaglietti created Numbers from dead body, or people that are so close to death that even Mid's medical technology can't help?
(Even in Mid it does seems to occur, like original Erio died of a sickness)

If it was the case, that makes... Deads danced, and the Tower of Law collapsed as result?

That also partly explains their longing for Scag, for he would be the savior of their lives.
Old 2007-07-25, 06:31   Link #517
Fabien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meophist View Post
In any case, I don't believe that Scagaletti can simply make Numbers at will. If he could, I would think he would've made more.
It takes time to make them, so as soon as he has enough of them to launch his assault, he didn't wait anymore.
But he might be making some more.
Old 2007-07-25, 06:38   Link #518
Fabien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Since he's knowledgeable on Project F, tampering with memories doesn't seem to be something tough.
Project F is about creating a clone that has the same memories as the original. It's not the same as modifying memories.

Copying the memories as a whole might be as simple as reproducing exactly the neuronal configuration and electrical patterns of the brain; tampering with memories means understanding what those neuronal configuration and electrical patterns mean, and the changes to make to them, which is far more complicated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Or even just replace their brains with drone-level controls which he can manipulate. I'd think stuff like A.I should be a piece of cake for him.
He sucks in that domain. His drones' AI is pretty basic; they're less intelligent than a device like Raging Heart or Mach Caliber.
Old 2007-07-25, 06:49   Link #519
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

on another note, since Subaru busted up Mach Calibur pretty badly because of her berserker rush, I wonder if either Mach Calibur will get an upgrade to resist the adrenaline effects of Subaru's berserker mode or fix up Mach Calibur and make her dual wield with Blitz Calibur.

Anyways, its pretty surprising that Subaru didn't turn on mode two for Mach Calibur...unless you call her berserker mode a "mode 2" already.
Old 2007-07-25, 07:26   Link #520
arkhangelsk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultima_Rasengan05 View Post
EDIT: I really did like the attitude of Hayate at the end of this episode...even after all of that destruction and damage done to TSAB and RF6's base, she just concluded with "RF6 is not over yet." with a determined look. I guess the gloves are coming off in the next battle.
My attitude was more a Laugh-in-Contempt.

Carim: "We didn't manage to stop the prophecy."

What? You actually tried? Sorry to sound contemptuous but I can't see a sign of it. The defense shows no sign of any understanding of the enemy or at least any preparations against even their known abilities. In fact, it is not a defense at all. It is at best a security plan that involved a few more guards than normal, all of which are nerfed by the device thing. But in that case why do the security inside the building. Wouldn't it be MUCH better to be outside where you can keep your device and rush in at the first sign of trouble?

Hayate "RF6 is not over yet"

Honestly, if you don't drum up your tactics before the next fight, miss, you might as well save what's left of your command by disbanding it. Scarlietti is way ahead in strategy, operational art and tactics, plus he has a pretty good force with quantity and reasonable quality. The Objective Laws of Armed Combat are on his side. Why don't you go back to Earth and read some military books? I'm sure they are a lot better than the junk they've been teaching you at the 3 month long Officers school and the presumably also very short "Command Course". At the very least, you can learn about obstacle plans.
Closed Thread