AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

View Poll Results: Shakugan no Shana II - Episode 9 Rating
Perfect 10 19 20.21%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 44 46.81%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 22 23.40%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 7.45%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 2.13%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 94. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-12-06, 00:47   Link #121
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

There was a possibility?
Old 2007-12-06, 01:25   Link #122
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
does Silver even have a personality necessary for an ego?

seemed like he was just a bunch of freaky red eyes and insect legs under the armor...
Hard to say, but every tomogara apart from Remi has had their head shoved so far up their bottoms and I can't see why silver would be any different.

In regards to S1 v S2, you may notice that I've given up ranting on about it as I've decided to treat them as separate shows a bit like City Hunter and Angel Heart. It is a lot easier on my stress levels that way

I dunno about Margery now winning as she just seems to be a drunken agony aunt. Margery from S1 would whop some arse because of her kill kill nature. Shana would be too worried about protecting Yuji and I think that would leave her a too big an opening.
Old 2007-12-08, 20:05   Link #123
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

The path of the Flame Haze is that on which they make the tough choice of sacrificing everything to fulfill the goal: kill Tomogara in order to quench the thirst for revenge.

That's what I learned from the conclusion to Margery's flashback.

But it wasn't that bad for Yuri, since he actually did something and not just standing there uttering over and over the same words... 'wanting to save', or 'wanting to protect'.

He requested the power and with that power he backed up those words, prioritizing the goals of the Flame Haze but at the same time living up to his own beliefs and morals.
Therefore, Annaberg would have been very pleased to learn that he was killed by a Flame Haze, who used his powers for more constructive reasons and not going ape for revenge. Too bad for that Tomogara that it wasn't the case.

My interpretation on Margery's reaction upon returning to the tavern and at the end of the episode is, the way I see it, she felt some unneeded uneasy or void. She didn't hesitate to sacrifice Yuri who step in the way in order to save herself for another chance in her quest to search for the Silver.

She usually never thinks about her actions once, but she did so at the aftermath of the fight.

Margery made clear two things:
1. She will keep on sacrificing everything and even those mean dear to her for the purpose of her revenge.

2. She doesn't intend to continue existing after destroying the Silver.

My opinion is that in the present-day while in her sleep she cried for sacrificing Yuri in order to preserve herself on that day and fears those memories will fade the more she plunges in the battlefield and the rage consumes her.
Spoiler:
Old 2007-12-09, 17:35   Link #124
lua thien
Fallen Exile

I wonder on tactics: Sydonay shot a fireball that was approaching Yuri. Margery could've quickly dodged and sent a fireball straight at Sydonay when he had his guard down and his attention turned towards Yuri. Sure, Yuri would've died anyway but Margery could've killed Sydonay that day.

But I guess raw anger hinders mental thinking into seeing the whole picture: Let the other Flame Haze take the blast while you evade and quickly attack your enemy while his guard is down.

The writers oughta try making a "Boba Fett" Flame Haze in the season or the next...
Old 2007-12-09, 21:57   Link #125
bloodyknight

Whatever the reason, I think that Yuri may not even need to intervene at that time... Sydonay has already thought in his mind whether he should retreat since continue this battle is needless especially when his client has been destroyed. He could have just left even if Margery has the intention but not the strength to continue to chase after him.

Yuri should have waited for a few seconds, doing some show of force before charging in like a madman and get himself killed... He has already killed the client... He shouldn;t try to be greedy...

Even if he wants to protect Margery, he should have picked a good time... and not use himself as some srot of distraction that end up killing himself in the process... I think that is oneof the reasons why Margery felt so bad when she return to the bar with his scorched glasses...

But on the other hand, may be Yuri has no time on his sleeves... Maybe, just maybe, he is already on the verge of death for using too much of his strength... That is why the reckless act occured...

But no matter what it is, all is in the past... There is no way to go back time and change this event... Perhaps that is why Margery tell those two about this story...

She must have thought that to be a Flamehaze for no one else except for the 'mission' is much better than to be hre sole guardian in the end... She might just use him as a tool unwillingly and let her experience the same old thing again...

It is obvious that she did not want to do that again!!!
Old 2007-12-17, 10:31   Link #126
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lua thien View Post
I wonder on tactics: Sydonay shot a fireball that was approaching Yuri. Margery could've quickly dodged and sent a fireball straight at Sydonay when he had his guard down and his attention turned towards Yuri. Sure, Yuri would've died anyway but Margery could've killed Sydonay that day.
Shooting Sydonay with a fireball might not have been enough.
On the final episodes of Shana S1, both Margery and Syd hit each other with strong fireball - neither of them died.

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2007-12-17 at 11:01.
Old 2007-12-17, 14:21   Link #127
DX HBK
I'm the Showstopper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by -boiledliddo- View Post
Shooting Sydonay with a fireball might not have been enough.
On the final episodes of Shana S1, both Margery and Syd hit each other with strong fireball - neither of them died.

That was because the fountain of existence created by Yuji and Hecate allowed Sydonay and Margery to have unlimited power of existence that they simply healed themselves constantly.
Closed Thread