AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2008-09-28, 08:43   Link #701
ZODDGUTS

Well by then he was already "crazy" in love with her so he was letting things slide. The conversation with he's friend kinda let's you know he's already in deep love with her eventhough she's rather mess up with the whole split personality and her saying she "hates" him. So by the end of the movie he wasn't exactly "normal" when it comes to her.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-09, 14:24   Link #702
grunty

* Chapter 4: December 17, 2008 (ANSB-2887/ANZB-2887)
* Chapter 5: January 28, 2009 (ANSB-2889/ANZB-2889)

edit, stupid typo... you make one once and then you copy it over and over again... lol...

Last edited by grunty; 2008-10-09 at 15:02.
grunty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-09, 15:11   Link #703
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS View Post
Well by then he was already "crazy" in love with her so he was letting things slide. The conversation with he's friend kinda let's you know he's already in deep love with her eventhough she's rather mess up with the whole split personality and her saying she "hates" him. So by the end of the movie he wasn't exactly "normal" when it comes to her.
?

He's not 'crazy' in love with her, he's got one of those 'stalker' type loves. He's drawn to her but cannot figure out why.

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-09, 18:24   Link #704
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
She did not seem to mind he stalking her, perhaps touched by his devotion despite her unsociable personality and circumstances. He able to see her as human being in true sense which won her over. Well, most of her.
Old 2008-10-09, 20:20   Link #705
Bathory Area
Jigoku Shoujo

Speaking of super-powerful badasses, Shiki. This is not whiny eroge lead who can

cut anything male Shiki, but tomboy amnesic tsundere who can cut anything female

Shiki. One of my favorite female leads are the ones who can unapologetically kick

ass.
Bathory Area is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-10, 01:46   Link #706
Spags
Computer Programmer

Send a message via AIM to Spags Send a message via MSN to Spags
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
I am going to have to disagree here. While it is true the story manages to have sympathetic villains, they are still clearly villains and we have what is clearly the good guys. Sure, they might not be the usual knights in shining armor in terms of demeanor, but the implications are quite clear. This isn't a case of both sides being in morally gray area - there are people who commit wrongdoings (although the reasons can be sympathetic, but that doesn't make the actions any less wrong), and the people who put a stop to them. There is little in terms of moral conflicts here.
Though whose place is it to say what is right and what is wrong? Yes morally and most importantly socially, there are just some things that you figure/standardize to be wrong. Yet whose place is it to say so when life is based on ones perception of it? Now I'm not saying I support someones decision to rape or murder, in my mind that's wrong. Yet you can't force your perception of right or wrong on anyone, cause in the end its their perception of it, and that's all what will matter. And no matter how hard you could stress it being wrong, it will never change the fact that to them it's considered right. So I'll have to agree with with Massahiro, and even though this may be a story, it is still a story with human perception. It does a great job of bringing it out too.

"You have your way, I have my way, as for the right way, the correct way, it does not exists."
Spags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-10, 04:03   Link #707
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spags View Post
Though whose place is it to say what is right and what is wrong? Yes morally and most importantly socially, there are just some things that you figure/standardize to be wrong. Yet whose place is it to say so when life is based on ones perception of it? Now I'm not saying I support someones decision to rape or murder, in my mind that's wrong. Yet you can't force your perception of right or wrong on anyone, cause in the end its their perception of it, and that's all what will matter. And no matter how hard you could stress it being wrong, it will never change the fact that to them it's considered right. So I'll have to agree with with Massahiro, and even though this may be a story, it is still a story with human perception. It does a great job of bringing it out too.
Just because someone considers their actions 'right', doesn't mean they actually are, or the fact thats not an excuse to get away with it. Of course in-story wise the characters have their own perception and reactions towards situations they consider correct, but overall this is no more morally gray than Spiderman vs Octavius.

Quote:
Yet you can't force your perception of right or wrong on anyone, cause in the end its their perception of it, and that's all what will matter.
Lets assume you just murdered some random passerby because you felt like it (hey, that was enough of a justification for you to do so!). Are you going to argue to the police and to the family of the victim that you are not wrong because their morals don't interest you ? Will it be a morally gray situation when there will be a couple of policeman chasing you down the street ?

You have lost from the start, because by the very actions you took you have forced your 'morals' on to the situation and on to someone else from the very beginning, thus its hypocritical to use this argument for defense.

Kara no Kyoukai is a great show, quite possibly one of my all-time favorites from what i have seen thus far, but it is not a show that aims to explore moral dilemmas or similar in a manner that would make it a food for thought. Unless you consider stopping paranormal elements that cause the death of unconcerned persons as a morally gray situation.
Old 2008-10-10, 12:10   Link #708
Spags
Computer Programmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Just because someone considers their actions 'right', doesn't mean they actually are, or the fact thats not an excuse to get away with it.
That's your way of perceiving the situation, and because your perception of it in the end ultimately will not matter to the person that still doesn't me it will be considered wrong in his mind.

Quote:
Lets assume you just murdered some random passerby because you felt like it (hey, that was enough of a justification for you to do so!). Are you going to argue to the police and to the family of the victim that you are not wrong because their morals don't interest you ? Will it be a morally gray situation when there will be a couple of policeman chasing you down the street ?

You have lost from the start, because by the very actions you took you have forced your 'morals' on to the situation and on to someone else from the very beginning, thus its hypocritical to use this argument for defense.
Sure there will always be consequences for your actions and there will always be social norms as to what is right and wrong, but your still not getting the gist of the conversation. Cause all that matters in the end is what that person will get out of the situation. Now I'm not trying to go and support murder or anything or say that I think its ok for someone to kill another person. However no matter what the consequences may be, if that person gets the satisfaction he was looking for and the lives of others around him doesn't matter to him, and every bit of his mind said that what he did was right to himself. How do you plan to convince him and tell him hes wrong, cause in the end he will think he is right. And no matter how hard you force your opinion on him what he thinks will be all that matters in his world.

Also its not a matter of wining or losing. Its a matter of someone finding the answer within yourself and that's not something you can lose at.

"You have your way, I have my way, as for the right way, the correct way, it does not exists."
Old 2008-10-10, 13:27   Link #709
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

I think you are misunderstanding what it is i am trying to argue. I am not disputing that someone, no matter in what state of mind, will have his/her own set of beliefs he will consider 'correct' that are unlikely to be changed. I am not arguing the person will consider himself acting within the frame of those beliefs as justified (for himself). What i am arguing about, is whether the show is presenting those actions as morally gray area. Which it doesn't. We don't have a "lesser of two evils" situation here, which is the point i am making.
Old 2008-10-13, 00:27   Link #710
Alaya
Counter Force

Quote:
* Chapter 4: December 17, 2008 (ANSB-2887/ANZB-2887)
* Chapter 5: January 28, 2009 (ANSB-2889/ANZB-2889)
Count down begin! I'm really looking forward to these two chapters

Madoka: This was the tale of magical girls whose wishes are pure and by them are driven to despair.
Alaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-13, 00:54   Link #711
Spags
Computer Programmer

Same thought the wait is gonna kill me Q.Q

Old 2008-10-14, 21:09   Link #712
Ryougi Shiki
私, オレ, lines of origin

Shit, this thread has grown.
Old 2008-10-14, 21:13   Link #713
NakedAngelX

Don't get it... why this show so popular haha....

Watched all 3 episode and i am confused as hell....

Why can't they make it easier to understand. (At least start the show saying a world where people with special power and spirits)
Old 2008-10-14, 21:32   Link #714
Spags
Computer Programmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NakedAngelX View Post

Why can't they make it easier to understand. (At least start the show saying a world where people with special power and spirits)
Have you read the Tsukihime visual novel? Its not the same story, but kara no kyoukai is set in the same world, it might help to give you backgrounds, also not to mention the first 3 movies aren't in chronological order to be exact, chapter 2 and 3 both happened before chapter 1.

Old 2008-10-14, 22:26   Link #715
Archer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spags View Post
Have you read the Tsukihime visual novel? Its not the same story, but kara no kyoukai is set in the same world, it might help to give you backgrounds, also not to mention the first 3 movies aren't in chronological order to be exact, chapter 2 and 3 both happened before chapter 1.
That advice is really unhelpful, and I speak as a person who read both Tsukihime and Rakkyo. Both could, and should, be treated as standalone storylines, and while both take place in the same universe, the aspects that each one focuses on are completely different.

Kara no Kyoukai's not that confusing, it's just that it's purposely out of order and there is some aspects that come into play early that you don't get to know about until later.
Archer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-14, 23:16   Link #716
Ryougi Shiki
私, オレ, lines of origin

Quote:
Originally Posted by NakedAngelX View Post

They don't explain the fucking series in the first episode because that's for 11 year olds who need plot spoonfed to them. The series is purposely out of order, everything will make sense when you watch all of it and/or read the novels.

Unless, of course, you're one of the people who can't understand anything without a narrator blathering on and on about the setting
Old 2008-10-15, 02:11   Link #717
Spags
Computer Programmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer View Post
That advice is really unhelpful, and I speak as a person who read both Tsukihime and Rakkyo. Both could, and should, be treated as standalone storylines, and while both take place in the same universe, the aspects that each one focuses on are completely different.

Kara no Kyoukai's not that confusing, it's just that it's purposely out of order and there is some aspects that come into play early that you don't get to know about until later.
I'm not saying read Tsukihime for story, read it to understand the universe its centered in. Of course there completely two separate stories and the only connection is Aozaki sisters, also you can connect Kokuktou's lil sister with similar abilities of Akiha Tohno, and Tsukihime could also help clarify some confusion and help explain MEODP better too, so its not completely useless info source. And as i said in my post its not the same story, and to look for backgrounds. You might have taken backgrounds as character bios but i meant as to grasp the type of world its dealing with.

Yea its hard to understand atm cause were still missing chapter 4 which is gonna help fill in the main hole in the story after the car accident. So best thing to do is be patient.

Old 2008-10-15, 06:45   Link #718
Ryougi Shiki
私, オレ, lines of origin

Also, about the Kara no Kyoukai image thing I posted here like last year, there's 400 images and 22 doujins (separate from the images) I saved now.

I went through pixiv for ones I forgot and I didn't remember I had all those other KnK doujins

it's 270 mb, here it is

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RVG7GLU0

Last edited by Ryougi Shiki; 2008-10-15 at 08:22.
Ryougi Shiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-15, 15:00   Link #719
Alaya
Counter Force

You could use some of the terms from Tsukihime and Fate/Stay Night in order to understand some concept in Rakkyo (for example, Chokuchi no Magan is explained very thoroughly in Tsukihime, although they are a little bit different).

Madoka: This was the tale of magical girls whose wishes are pure and by them are driven to despair.
Alaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-17, 02:35   Link #720
Bathory Area
Jigoku Shoujo

I have been waiting for the fourth and the fifth Kara No Kyoukai Movie. For those of

you who does not know what is series is...just try imagine Fate Stay Night

as a horror anime. Lot of blood,fighting and amzing animation.

Spoiler for EP 3:
Bathory Area is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, harem, type moon