AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2009-03-24, 10:21   Link #1
evilking

Thumbs down Trying to get a refund from HimeyaShop (solved)

They refuse to believe the parcel is lost, apparently once it's left Japan they don't care. All they have to do is go to parcelforce.com and put the tracking number in, it's right there in black and white. They only replied to my emails once and I can't keep waiting until 4am to contact live support just so they can tell me "they'll ask the shipping department" and get back to me. I opened Paypal dispute just now (today makes 45 days since payment), but Paypal have been more than useless in the past, so I don't hold out much hope.

Solved. Refunded 26/03/09.

Last edited by evilking; 2009-03-26 at 04:50.
evilking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-24, 14:49   Link #2
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilking View Post
They refuse to believe the parcel is lost, apparently once it's left Japan they don't care. All they have to do is go to parcelforce.com and put the tracking number in, it's right there in black and white. They only replied to my emails once and I can't keep waiting until 4am to contact live support just so they can tell me "they'll ask the shipping department" and get back to me. I opened Paypal dispute just now (today makes 45 days since payment), but Paypal have been more than useless in the past, so I don't hold out much hope.

Anyone have any ideas?
Its always a bit of a risk when you don't use EMS out of Japan... however, if you've got the data and feel really firm about it. Present the data and insist on either a refund or a replacement product.

They should be able to query the package tracking from their end if tracking was paid for. Depending on what sort of shipping you used it *could* take as long as 8 weeks to get a package. You also need to contact the shipping agencies involved -- was there package insurance?

Basically, your only real weapon is a "well gosh this is going to look terrible for you on the forums when I describe my experience with you not helping to resolve this." But make sure you're not just ranting - it should be in the form of a data-heavy report.

All I can say is that they have been my "last choice" for shopping for a long time now purely because of their absurd pricing.
Old 2009-03-24, 14:56   Link #3
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:

Anyone have any ideas?

i heard a lot of horror stories about Paypal but the few times i need them because of a bad transaction they actually turn out pretty good. Althought i did once spend 10 mins waiting for someone to pick up the phone.

Last edited by Xellos-_^; 2009-03-24 at 19:14.
Xellos-_^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-24, 15:05   Link #4
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

yeah, apparently i'm one of the few who also has never had a single issue with Paypal and their dispute resolution. obviously, ymmv.
Old 2009-03-24, 19:13   Link #5
Shadow Kira01

When this kind of thing happens, you are left with one last option.

Order it again at HimeyaShop and choose the most secure and reliable shipping method and hope it will arrive safely at your place.
Shadow Kira01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-24, 23:56   Link #6
evilking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Its always a bit of a risk when you don't use EMS out of Japan...
I did use EMS shipping ($19), that's why I have a tracking number.

Here is the tracking page:

I sent this to HimeyaShop and this is their reply asking for "more information":

"Dear Customer,

Thank you for your email.

Please let us ask you some questions regarding your package.

Did the post office tell you the package was lost?
We are asking it because we have not heard it yet.

Did you go to the post office to ask the status of your order because
the online EMS tracking service shows your package is now at the local
post office.

We will ask the Japan Post about it as well, but it would be appreciated
if you could give us more information.

Best regards,

HimeyaShop Customer Support"

That was 9 days ago, no reply since.

EK
Old 2009-03-25, 00:05   Link #7
evilking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Minato View Post
When this kind of thing happens, you are left with one last option.

Order it again at HimeyaShop and choose the most secure and reliable shipping method and hope it will arrive safely at your place.
No, when this happens, you never use HimeyaShop again and liberally spit on their name in the future.

On the 7th February I decided I wanted the Saya no Uta soundtrack, it's now the 25th of March. If you look at the dates in the image above you'll see they only shipped it on the 20th of Feb, and only after two emails and live support session. I only went through with it because no-one else seems to sell that CD (and ship internationally), but nothing goes wrong with EMS shipping, right?

EK
Old 2009-03-25, 00:20   Link #8
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I'd email that page and the link to it to Himeyashop. Frankly, I'd email them every day and ask for status update and re-include your information and link of the status. Sounds a bit like Himeya is wringing their hands because they're not real sure how to pursue this either.

Is Preston Depot near you (your local post office)? Looks pretty much like they lost it or misfiled it. You might head there and have a mild fit. Every person that handles an EMS package pretty much has to sign for it (kind of like a registered mail).
Old 2009-03-25, 00:47   Link #9
evilking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I'd email that page and the link to it to Himeyashop. Frankly, I'd email them every day and ask for status update and re-include your information and link of the status. Sounds a bit like Himeya is wringing their hands because they're not real sure how to pursue this either.

Is Preston Depot near you (your local post office)? Looks pretty much like they lost it or misfiled it. You might head there and have a mild fit. Every person that handles an EMS package pretty much has to sign for it (kind of like a registered mail).
I was emailing them every other day (with picture and instructions on how to find it and a link to the claim form they should use + claim form attached to the email), now that I've filed with Paypal, I'll just wait until they contact me.

Parcelforce are adamant that only the sender can claim for lost parcels. I've trying to get a refund of the customs charges ($26 approx), and they haven't been the most helpful/efficient...

If only YesAsia sold everything (well, everything asian)!

EK
Old 2009-03-25, 01:16   Link #10
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Humm...

I'd take Vexx's advice about going to the post office. Request for a representative and start asking questions. Since you used EMS, you should have the authority to request for a refund of your total purchase price including the shipping cost since it was them who shipped it and they are responsible for it to get from from the sender to the receiver, You.

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-25, 04:22   Link #11
denice25

That's pretty bad man... Buy a new one, or wait for 10 years.... haha!!!!
denice25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-25, 05:02   Link #12
Sides

If you used paypal funded via a credit card, the best thing to do is to call you credit card company and issue a chargeback. Trust me paypal won't really help you regarding such matters, they sit back a hope both parties solve it by themselves, and if it doesn't work out, they roll a dice.
You should only use paypal, and other e-payment, as last option, and even then back your funding with a credit card rather than you bank account.
Either way you should go to your local depot and enquire about that package, before using chargeback or paypal dispute, and if necessary, file in a claim at the posting service.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-25, 13:43   Link #13
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Well, it sounds like the parcel service says that Himeya must submit the claim... and Himeya is across the Big Waters and not necessarily clear on how to proceed (envisioning a bunch of perplexed Japanese trying to grok arcane Parcelforce rules and hoping you'll fix it on your end, all the while not understanding why Parcelforce isn't tearing their office up to avoid the shame of a lost package).

I suppose you could act as the agent for Himeya and insist Parcelforce explain to you the process for submitting a claim and provide you with all the forms. Fill it out for Himeya and then send it to them - providing them all the contact data.

I'm finding this situation quite strange because EMS is supposed to be a pretty clear process and either the sender or receiver should be able to initiate lost package proceedings.

Also, Parcelforce HAD the package according to tracking -- so basically someone in the office either stole it or it is misfiled. I also don't get the "awaiting payment of charges" line because with EMS you pay up front.
Old 2009-03-25, 21:22   Link #14
Shadow Kira01

Quote:
I was emailing them every other day (with picture and instructions on how to find it and a link to the claim form they should use + claim form attached to the email), now that I've filed with Paypal, I'll just wait until they contact me.

Parcelforce are adamant that only the sender can claim for lost parcels. I've trying to get a refund of the customs charges ($26 approx), and they haven't been the most helpful/efficient...

If only YesAsia sold everything (well, everything asian)!

EK
How about trying eBay?

The prices are good and the goods are usually in mint condition. However, I have never used their services before, so no guarantees from me.
Shadow Kira01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-26, 04:44   Link #15
evilking

Got a refund from HimeyaShop today, Paypal dispute woke them up.

They apologised for wait and said they were waiting for a response from Japan Post (why not refund me or send a replacement in the mean time?).

Still, I hate non-communication and unexplained delays, "will be shipped soon", "we'll get back to you", chasing after sellers is not part of the deal. I won't be using them again.

Thanks to all who replied.

EK