AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2005-12-20, 04:17   Link #21
Yushi

Well, i find myself bowing when I say yes or when i say hi...or when I get embarassed. I do that even if I'm talking on the phone, it's like a reflex.
And when i get surprised now, I go 'Kyaa!'. People are like: ka?
and when i'm unsure of what to do or confused, i would kinda hold my hand in a semi fist and put it in front of my mouth.
hehehehe ^_^
Yushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-20, 04:36   Link #22
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yushi
Well, i find myself bowing when I say yes or when i say hi...or when I get embarassed. I do that even if I'm talking on the phone, it's like a reflex.
Heh - now that you mention it, that is something I started doing in the last few years. It must be the anime. Other misc. habit is sitting on my knees (seiza position), but that preceeded anime by a long while, and it's something that both my sisters and I have always done without even thinking about it (we don't know where it comes from, but it's just instinct). A lot of people ask about it though... ("Doesn't that hurt?")
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-20, 05:35   Link #23
vin.dictive

None that I noticed. I'm not those "monkey see, monkey do" types or in need to create your own brand because you saw something cool from a show. =)
vin.dictive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-20, 06:19   Link #24
Rachy
Disabled By Request

Ah i say " hm " alot also

hm.. i jus sumtimes do wierd things n speak like Ed form cowboy bebop -_-
Rachy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-20, 07:30   Link #25
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs
Vampie Walrus. Big fangs

So a bonus bit we're learning from this thread is that a staggering number of us wear glasses and exercise our middle fingers
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-20, 07:58   Link #26
Kensuke

I have noticed that I cratch the side of my head with one finger sometimes.

Kensuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-20, 10:10   Link #27
Sailor Enlil
GWAAAA!

Silently calling someone "baka" when others would say "F*** You!" to that person.
Mentally saying "Ittadakimas" before eating (and after making the sign of the cross too, a habit I got from my Catholic upbringing i.e. prayers before meals).

Don't know if this counts, but each of my 3 PC's (my home desktop, my personal laptop, and my office issued laptop) have a few cute Japanese babbles as some of their Windows sounds:
1. Windows Startup/Logon: "Ohayo!"
2. Logoff/Shutdown: "Anata ga suki desu"
3. Critical Stop: "Funyaaaa! Heki-heki!"
4. Exclamation: "<my nickname>-kun"
5. Popup Blocker: "Mou!"
6. Low Battery (laptops): "Ano..."
7. System Notifiction (i.e. the little balloon in the system tray): "Ara..."
8. Error when plugging in a USB device: "Unnn... Daijoubiiii..."
9. Information Bar (i.e. ActiveX Plugin blocker in Internet Explorer): "Yamete!"
(FYI: they all came from the dating sim Tokimeki Memorial 2 Substories 3: Memories Ringing On, save 5 and 9, which came from Tokimeki Memorial Collection: Shiori Fujisaki)

Last edited by Sailor Enlil; 2005-12-20 at 10:25.
Sailor Enlil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-20, 11:40   Link #28
Apekatt
Monkeycat

Like a lot of people posting in this topic I've started to lift my glasses with my index- and middlefinger. Also, when I don't know the answer of a question I sometimes uncounciously rub the back of my head, animestyle.
I'm getting infected...
Apekatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-20, 13:30   Link #29
chaosfox123
Godfather Of Manga

I just walk with my hands behind my head, Use the V sign, the usual. The blood pouring out of the nose when you see a fit girl is a bit drastic and over the top.
chaosfox123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-20, 13:48   Link #30
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Hmm.. no real habits, in the way to behave.

But, the spoken japanese language has definitely influenced me. Since I started self-studying it (with appropriate text-books and dictionaries I've bought) I use to, when my head is on the clouds, think to how eventually convert in japanese a word/sentence I've still heard. Could be from television, could be at university during a boring lesson, could be from my mom.
And also how to respond! IE if someone is scolding me without any reason, I would like to say : "Ano ne .." or "Chotto kimi! Teme!" and so on.

Also I've some words that have entered on my dictionary and that I could use when I'm alone if in appropriate scenarios, such as "Hazukashi" (mind Karin? ) , "Kawaii!", "Daijoubou" or the classical, as far as I've read "baka"!

But i like this, last sathurday I met a japanese seller at the market place (speaking italian) and I was tempted to try starting a little conversation in japanese (she was cute too), since I do know at least the basics to introduce myself. But I gave up, I'm still unready for that
Old 2005-12-20, 18:21   Link #31
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
i sometimes find my self saying Ittadakimas before i eat iv also have the habit of pushing my glasses up with my middle finger and iv also gotten into the habit of calling people older than me sempai i might need help but i kind of dig all the little things i do that are diffrent
Sinestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-25, 15:06   Link #32
anti_everything
Ooze

Send a message via MSN to anti_everything
Whenever I get into a fight, I pause at roughly 10 minute intervals to tell my opponent about my life history.
anti_everything is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-25, 19:53   Link #33
Eclipze

Quote:
Originally Posted by anti_everything
Whenever I get into a fight, I pause at roughly 10 minute intervals to tell my opponent about my life history.
Lol, for real?
Eclipze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-26, 01:04   Link #34
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaminix
Why silently?
Puh... I will never understand dub-watchers.
People either like shows in the original language that they speak, or don't feel like reading subtitles. Frankly, I don't really understand sub-watchers mentality about this, even though I'm 50% sub-watcher myself.

(and no, I never picked up and habbits, besides a few Japanese values and tolerences)
Old 2005-12-26, 05:44   Link #35
kismis
Rabid Fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJjazzyjeff
Sometimes I find myself jumping and grunting alot.
does that have anything to do with watching too much anime?

Quote:
Originally Posted by anti_everything
LMAO.

I walk with my hands behind my head too ^^ but i don't really think that's because of too much exposure to anime..is it??
oh, and i use 'omega' in my sentences now (too much Pani Poni Dash)
kismis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-26, 11:57   Link #36
ownerizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DingoEnderZOE2
Reviving this topic again to start anew.

Again my habit(that I can remember) are I sometimes walk with my hands behind the back of my head and I also gained the habit of pushing up my glasses with my middle finger.

After watching Initial D, I realize a lot of ricers and tuners alike confuse my car with a 86 Toyota Corrolla (the Hachi Roku), but it actually is an 86, a 1986 Volkswagen Scirocco.

Yeah, I've gained a bad habit, trying to race anybody and everybody...wait...I did that anyway....
ownerizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-26, 13:09   Link #37
AnbuItachi

i thought most people use middle finger to push up glasses
AnbuItachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-27, 05:56   Link #38
nemoleo
Uruz-7

Well, i push my glasses with my middle finger, just as a normal person (isn't it? ).
When something inexpected appends (such as a pc crash) i would say something like "sonna" or "hontouni mukatsuku".
When a friend asks my something that doesn't really care to me, i would answer him "betsuni".
And when i leave my flat in the morning i just say "Strike : hasshin".
nemoleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-27, 06:53   Link #39
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Habits from anime... I suppose I picked up "watch your anime in a well-lit room and keep your distance from the television" for the most part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiryuu
Nothing. I have not gotten any weird and\or innocent habits from an anime. It's just so retarded to see other people doing that kind of stuff and saying random japanese words in the middle of a sentence(no offense to any of you of course), and I don't want to look like that.
Haha! I think when I was younger, during high school, I probably mimicked some stuff. But yeah, when you see other people doing it, it feels quite different. It didn't feel "right" to me. In my case the real turning point was when I went to Japan and flipped through the channels. I paused on some live action children's show that might as well have been Power Rangers. Some of the things that the people did are things you'd see in anime, and it just looked ridiculous.

As for random Japanese phrases, I guess I'll whip a few out with my classmates from Japanese class, but I'd never use phrases or even words on people who didn't speak the language. They don't understand it, so... why? But if it makes people feel better or more connected with the language, then I'd encourage it. Just please make sure that your pronounciation is correct, lest you should screw up in front of a native speaker.
Old 2005-12-27, 09:00   Link #40
MakotoFatora
Yes

Send a message via AIM to MakotoFatora
I get spontaneous nosebleeds when cute girls walk by.

consequently my health insurance premium has taken a major hike since I started watching anime.