Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-01-05, 20:14   Link #141
GundamZZ
残念美人

Quote:
Originally Posted by fukarming View Post

btw, it seems the real world of Karuta is always dominated by one player until that player voluntarily retired. The most recent Meijin has won 14 years in a row and I think he will retire and not play next year. So Haruka probably just give up her title without losing.

Some real world Karuta game by Meijin https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRm4UB2z7E8
Actually, both meijin and queen have similarity to the real life meijin and queen. The real life meijin started Karuta during his college year. Unlike the meijin in manga, he graduated from college and became a salaryman. The real life queen started Karuta during her middle school. She won her first title during the last year of her middle school. She also graduated from college and became an office lady.
The high school karuta competition has few similarity in real life. However, the champion high school in the real life is losing its edge. Another high school is taking the lead. According to one observer, one high school girl cried after losing the match. It showed that she was passionate about the game.

I hope that anime will close its story loop hole. It skipped the interaction between Shinobu and Suo. It also skipped the interaction between Suo and Taichi.
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust
GundamZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-07, 19:37   Link #142
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
Spoilers for 105 are out a certain rather illegal manga site (so no link) and it looks like
Spoiler for 105:
More brief spoilers (since raw scans are now available...):

Spoiler for chapter 105 brief summary:

Quote:
So with the second season starting in two weeks where do you guys think the second season will end? The first season covered 50 chapters aiming for the end of the school year with (lots of?) skipping and rushing at the end.
Currently there are are no real good cutting off points, do you think they'll include the current fight? It would make for a dramatic conclusion to the series.
Hm...personally, I thought that the end of the summer (#somewhere from chapters #92 to #93), either before or after the karuta camp might be appropriate...though straight after the nationals might be as well. The former would leave viewers with a pretty frustrating cliffhanger re: the triangle, so the latter might be better in some respects...

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

karice67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-12, 09:32   Link #143
Blaat

Thanks for the spoilers Karice, the conversation between Arata and Taichi sounds a lot different than what the initial spoilers have implied.

Spoilers for 106 are out
Spoiler for 106:

Anyway after watching the first episode I definitely think they'll include the individual high school tournament. It matches perfectly with Chihaya's desire she proclaimed in the first episode.
Old 2013-01-12, 16:39   Link #144
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Spoilers for 106 are out
Spoiler for 106:
Wow, that's pretty early. The magazine is meant to be out on Tuesday.

Spoiler for chapter 106 spoilers:

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

Old 2013-02-01, 03:49   Link #145
Blaat

Japanese raw of 107 is out
Spoiler for 107:
Old 2013-02-04, 00:34   Link #146
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

I only briefly skimmed over it, but...

Spoiler for chapter 107 spoilers:

- Patrick Stokes

Old 2013-02-04, 04:11   Link #147
Blaat

Karice, as always, thank you for the added translation. I was really curious about the confrontation between Suou and Arata.
I'm guessing Suou doesn't have time to reach the Eastern qualifiers?
Old 2013-02-09, 18:42   Link #148
EliteF22

Hmm, Arata having trouble concentrating in the previous chapter and now him stating that winning the meijin is no longer his goal seems like foreshadowing. Wouldn't be surprised if Arata had some major health issue come up. Taichi striving to become a doctor would tie in with that. Instead of chasing after Arata he would be trying to keep him moving with them. Seems like a logical evolution of their friendship beyond Karuta.
EliteF22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-11, 00:37   Link #149
GundamZZ
残念美人

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliteF22 View Post
Hmm, Arata having trouble concentrating in the previous chapter and now him stating that winning the meijin is no longer his goal seems like foreshadowing. Wouldn't be surprised if Arata had some major health issue come up. Taichi striving to become a doctor would tie in with that. Instead of chasing after Arata he would be trying to keep him moving with them. Seems like a logical evolution of their friendship beyond Karuta.
Winning the champion is still Arata's goal. His mind is not stable, because Arata tells Taichi that Chihaya doesn't belong to anyone. Afterward, he regrets about his statement. He is bothered by it.
His health issue is minor. Because the girl next door feeds him too many food, Arata has the bad stomach. He uses the restroom before the qualifying match.
Again, winning is Arata's goal. He makes the statement because of the circumstance. At the match, Suo takes Shinobu to visit the match(on motorcycle). Suo notices that Shinobu is watching Arata. He asks her if Arata is her friend. She says Arata is the river in the way(邪魔な河). So, Suo watches Arata's match. After the match, Suo tells Arata will become meijin someday. Arata is embarrassed. He humbly replies not at all. Then, Suo taunts Arata and tells him that Arata's not good enough. This year, Suo declares that he's retiring. Suo thinks Arata's skill is boring. Is manga playing with their ambiguous relationship?

By the way, Arata is surprised that Taichi is at the qualifier match, too. As other people, Arata thinks Taichi's only reason for playing karuta is Chihaya. Again, Taichi's mother is scary.

Last edited by GundamZZ; 2013-02-11 at 01:48.
Old 2013-02-11, 06:41   Link #150
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamZZ View Post
After the match, Suo tells Arata will become meijin someday. Arata is embarrassed. He humbly replies not at all. Then, Suo taunts Arata and tells him that Arata's not good enough. This year, Suo declares that he's retiring. Suo thinks Arata's skill is boring. Is manga playing with their ambiguous relationship?
The way I understood this is that Suo said Arata's play lacks tension. I think he means Arata's current play is kinda passionless, and that's why she doesn't see him as a threat right now.

Maybe Suo is right, maybe Arata's mind being currently unstable (due to Chihaya and Taichi) is affecting his play negatively.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamZZ View Post
By the way, Arata is surprised that Taichi is at the qualifier match, too. As other people, Arata thinks Taichi's only reason for playing karuta is Chihaya.
And like most people, he's wrong about Taichi.
Old 2013-02-11, 07:37   Link #151
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
The way I understood this is that Suo said Arata's play lacks tension. I think he means Arata's current play is kinda passionless, and that's why she doesn't see him as a threat right now.
I generally agree with your inference that the lack of passion in Arata's play is a hugely important factor, but with regards to what Suou said, the "テンション上がらない" part is more about how Suou reacts rather than Arata's style of play. Basically, "Watching you doesn't make me tense" or "Watching you doesn't get a rise out of me" (lit. "my spirits don't rise") - i.e. although Shinobu and many other players feel threatened by Arata, Suou doesn't.

- Patrick Stokes

Old 2013-02-16, 22:00   Link #152
hyperborealis
Lost at Sea

Huge debate on other websites over
Spoiler for spoiler for #105:
Could anyone who knows Japanese comment? Thanks!

A Blossoming Flower in the Snowy Winter
hyperborealis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-16, 22:09   Link #153
Johnny
Working the bags...

Here's karice's post up above with a brief summary...
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...73#post4503773
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-02, 17:59   Link #154
GundamZZ
残念美人

The voice actor's joke.

Because Arata seldom shows up, the big sisters don't recognize the voice actor for Arata.
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

While Chihaya on the highschool graduation trip, the qualifier match is on going. In the eastern qualifier competition, Taichi loses the competition. Harada sensei finally enters the final. His opponent is Sudo! It would be the competition between old generation and young rising player. In the western qualifier, Shinobu thinks Arata is going to win. Also, she's hungry. So, she secretly praises Arata and leaves the building. Arata finally enters the final, but his bad stomach kicks in again. During the match, he has to run to the restroom. When he comes back to the match, he finds that he is on the losing side.

Finally, Arata and Megumu become West Japan's representative. Harada sensei is also near his dream. He finally has the chance to challenge the karuta master...he is almost there. It would be hard for Chihaya. She has to choose the person for cheering.

Last edited by GundamZZ; 2013-04-15 at 22:55.
Old 2013-07-16, 00:53   Link #155
GundamZZ
残念美人

The qualifier match is near the end.

Spoiler:
Old 2013-07-16, 02:33   Link #156
Blaat

A bump? I thought everyone else moved to the manga fox forums.

Spoilers
Spoiler for 116
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-07-17, 05:23   Link #157
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
A bump? I thought everyone else moved to the manga fox forums.
Perhaps because there are a variety of threads to have discussion in? There is a lot of discussion there, and people here seem to be trying to avoid reading the manga, so I guess we all drifted over there somehow...

sorry, I can go back to posting spoilers here too if you like...

What someone recently posted in the spoiler thread there is interesting:
Spoiler for Chapters115-116 spoilers:

- Patrick Stokes

Old 2013-07-18, 16:36   Link #158
Blaat

Why are you apologizing? As you said that forum is way more useful and active there is also early release of chapters links to baidu, occasionally translation of extra Chihayafuru stuff (omake, guides, the middle school story). Some of the debates particular between you and hyperb. are fun to read.

The only downside is the high amount fan girl gushing over their favourite male character and the shipping debates.
Old 2013-08-13, 20:39   Link #159
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Originally Posted by karice67 View Post
Spoiler for Chapters115-116 spoilers:
Oops...from chapter 117:

Spoiler for brief spoilers:

Full spoiler here.

- Patrick Stokes

Last edited by karice67; 2013-08-14 at 05:09.
Old 2013-08-14, 01:33   Link #160
Blaat

Chihaya x Suou here we come. I'm disappointed that Taichi didn't caught them, I wouldn't mind seeing his jealous face.

Thanks for the translation as always Karice, it looks like Harada is firing up.

Tags
josei, karuta