Notices

Old 2013-04-05, 11:56   Link #141
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
It was probably the director who wanted to go with this style, considering who he is and what he's done he should get a pass, even if this fails. I'm sure this post won't stop people mindless bashing Zecxs and acting like the director of Mushishi is a hack.
Of course not, the avalanche has already started.

Hey, their fault for allowing it. =p And the fact that he's the director of Mushishi makes it even worse.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-05, 12:01   Link #142
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorkingtonPugsly View Post
I feel like I'm seeing some experimental trippy horror tale that's supposed to freak the viewer out with the visuals.
Since the manga is a freaky psychological horror story, I'd say the animators have succeeded brilliantly.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-05, 12:03   Link #143
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
Zecxs when they are the sole production studio behind a work have repeatedly churned out complete crap. That's not mindlessly bashing a studio, they soiled their own reputation.

As for the director, that's just disappointing to find out that he screwed up this hard. He doesn't get a free pass from me. Mushishi was great, but doesn't mean I forgive for this. Mushishi came out quite a few years ago now.
You watched the show or are you actually basing all this on screencaps? Most of the people overreacting are just going off caps, the 4-5 people in this thread who actually watched the raw otoh aren't running around like chickens with no heads.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-05, 12:04   Link #144
kuromitsu

Quote:
Way to ruin an interesting manga with complete shit designs. LOL.

As for the director, that's just disappointing to find out that he screwed up this hard. He doesn't get a free pass from me. Mushishi was great, but doesn't mean I forgive for this. Mushishi came out quite a few years ago now.
The manga is not ruined, it's the same as it ever was.

The anime decided to go with an experimental, original concept that affects not only the visuals but the entire production down to pacing, music and sound. You don't have to like it, but to say it's crap, bash the studio and claim that director screwed up - just because you're disappointed that you don't get pretty, sexy ladies? That's hardly fair.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-05, 12:06   Link #145
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
What! That's absolute rubbish, the entire story, dialogue, characters and pacing is ruined by this experimental animation technique! My proof? Well just look at the screencaps and you'll have to agree. *smirks*
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-05, 12:11   Link #146
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Oh, an anti-criticism shield.

Alright,

my
experimental
and
thus
you
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-05, 12:17   Link #147
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:

The anime decided to go with an experimental, original concept that affects not only the visuals but the entire production down to pacing, music and sound. You don't have to like it, but to say it's crap, bash the studio and claim that director screwed up - just because you're disappointed that you don't get pretty, sexy ladies? That's hardly fair.
Do not be ridiculous. This is a visual medium, so the visuals are in fact critical to a production. The rotoscoping looks highly distracting and quite ugly. It's a half-assed attempt to make this like a live action show, but without actually being live action. If I can't even stand to look at the visuals, I'm not going to last long.

I've also long been wary of Zexcs and hardly liked anything they did. This just seals it for me. What in the world possessed them to OK a project like this? HORRIBLE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
What! That's absolute rubbish, the entire story, dialogue, characters and pacing is ruined by this experimental animation technique! My proof? Well just look at the screencaps and you'll have to agree. *smirks*
Yep. I dropped this before even actually seeing it. I saw enough SS and .gif's to understand that this became complete shit. It looks repulsive and this is a visual medium, so I feel wholly justified in thinking that.

If I have any self-respect, I'll save myself the torture.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-05, 12:25   Link #148
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Did people ever learn from the horrible animated movie "Lord of the Rings"? I guess they did not.
Old 2013-04-05, 12:33   Link #149
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

I like it, its look straightforward ugly but in most moment I actually enjoy the stickman animation.

Also the background and OST actually in very high quality in normal standard

The animation is great if you can take it.
Old 2013-04-05, 12:33   Link #150
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Yep. I dropped this before even actually seeing it. I saw enough SS and .gif's to understand that this became complete shit.
God people watch the episode first.
Old 2013-04-05, 12:40   Link #151
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Yep. I dropped this before even actually seeing it. I saw enough SS and .gif's to understand that this became complete shit. It looks repulsive and this is a visual medium, so I feel wholly justified in thinking that.
I know this isn't related, but there were so many people that had this mindset about Kaiba(including myself for some time) and have no idea the great series they missed.

I mean, I can understand if you started to watch it and said "Don't like the animation style, I can't watch it", but to call this "complete shit" without having viewed all aspects of the episode is unfair and ridiculous =02.

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-05, 12:56   Link #152
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

So I hear the internet is devastated over this animu?
Old 2013-04-05, 12:58   Link #153
melina_putri

Quote:

I guess the director is a fan of old school seinen artworks.

The character visuals feels really similar to Danchi Tomoo.
Though I agree they need to smooth up some things, especially the faces. It looks like they tried to appear more seinen but failed miserably.
melina_putri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-05, 13:00   Link #154
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Since everyone is quick to post screencaps of epic fails (and sure,there's a few to choose from)

Here's some parts that looked all right to me

Images
this close up looks fine to me
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Images
like the way the teacher was done

Images
thie girls kubrick stare + the slight trans trav was quite effective at setting up the tension

Images
our friend Baudelaire looks good!

Also all the backrounds are really really nice and help contribute to the athmosphere. Don't get me wrong though, that's doesn't make up for the faces missing half the time.
It's not the style I'm against,I find it quite intriguing actually,it's the execution that leaves me disapointed.
Old 2013-04-05, 13:04   Link #155
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

In the great words of Deion Sanders:

I created this image
This thing that you could imagine
You could love it or hate it but he was prime time

When you making a difference it's gone be haters
When you provoking change it's gone be nay sayers
People don't condone what they've never seen
And some of the stuff I tried to do they had never seen
Old 2013-04-05, 13:06   Link #156
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

I'm not sure if there's anything I can say that hasn't already been said repeatedly... All I can do is recommend the manga to those who are dropping it right off the bat who haven't already read it. It's quite good, imo. I understand what some are saying, but you obviously don't have to force yourself to watch something... No matter how good the story may be. Especially when you can just go to the source material instead. That's my two cents.

Also, I'm just going to leave this here:
Images
Old 2013-04-05, 13:06   Link #157
bastek66

bastek66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-05, 13:15   Link #158
com_gwp

Well, they've successfully drawn the attention of the entire anime-watching community with this. Time to check it out.
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-05, 13:19   Link #159
Riltz
⌂ Vulcan 300 ⌂

the problem is that the director sh*t on the character design in the hardest possible way he could.

Also, i couldn't stand that pop-up type of animation, i mean, they really need to be at less than 1 meter to see the characters actually got a mouth and eyes? Now i know what my 87 years old grandma feels with her cataracts and glaucoma.
Riltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-05, 13:24   Link #160
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Maybe this was just the wrong manga to use this on,even if done the way I would like it the final results would be far from the manga art,so people would be complaining regardless.Something like Soil would have been a good candidate.

Tags
avantgarde, romance