AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2006-08-10, 00:22   Link #1
cheese4u
da big boss

[Manga] Characters that died too soon

I'm almost certain someone's done this already. Oh well, if they did it won't hurt to do it again.

My pick is Kimimaro. I think Kimimaro is an incredible character with a load of potential. He was eighteen years old with almost a kage level strength. And his kekkei genkai (though creepy) is something I could really appreciate. But my favorite thing about Kimimaro is he is the only powerful silent killer type ninja that didn't appear to be a genius.
cheese4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-10, 00:51   Link #2
.opi
whatever..

Send a message via AIM to .opi Send a message via MSN to .opi
Tayuya, because she was a kickass female character like temari, and the story really needs more of them.......

Dosu, cuz at the end of the prelims he was all determined to show oro he wasnt a pawn, but then he ends up dying right away anyways..........they coulda made an interesting story outta that..........
.opi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-10, 00:54   Link #3
rasedori
akatsuki member

i think zabuza died too soon cause he was only in like 8 episodes. he was one of my most favorite characters and it would have been cool if he was kakashis new rival.
rasedori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-10, 02:14   Link #4
Last_Hope
System/Web developer

I think Naruto´s going the opposite way. I don´t think any character has died too soon so far. But some characters have stayed alive too long.

Chouji is one.
(Why waste such a great death scene. It´s Mu all over again.)

Want to know who did this kickass sig? Just click it!
Last_Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-10, 14:28   Link #5
scorpio516

And Neji. They were like perfect, noble death scenes!
scorpio516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-10, 14:48   Link #6
Usuratonkachi
An Idiot

Obito: I would have liked to have seen more of his interaction with Kakashi after they became 'friends'. (I think I'm having a trauma from killing him off in my fanfic. )
Usuratonkachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-10, 15:13   Link #7
flexx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last_Hope
I think Narutoīs going the opposite way. I donīt think any character has died too soon so far. But some characters have stayed alive too long.

Chouji is one.
(Why waste such a great death scene. Itīs Mu all over again.)
True. Great, that neji didn't have to die.
But in my opinion chouji has done his job - he could/should have died.
flexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-10, 15:28   Link #8
Ryuujin

Tayuya. And in such a lame way, too...

Don't approach a goat from the front, a horse from the back, or a fool from any side.
"I prefer to beat my opponents the old-fashioned way: brutally!"~Dinobot
Ryuujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-10, 15:54   Link #9
Rurik
Golden

Well, not that they are many characters that have died, but Since this is a Manga thread I will put Sasori as somoene who died too soon, AlsoKimmimaru.
Old 2006-08-10, 16:13   Link #10
Snubben_Pierre

Haku, because he had alot of potential (or however it's spelt).. even though i think his way of dying was pretty admirable but still thought he would of been cool to have with a bit more..
I do think that it would be hard to keep him with though, because then they would have to not kill zabuza also and that would of made the whole bridge arc messed up..

Ive liked many of the characters that have died, its sad in a way, but since that was the perfect time to kill them of it had to happen, no good character has died in a waste.. except maybe dosu..
Snubben_Pierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-10, 20:45   Link #11
Yondaime-Legacy

Gotta be:

Haku, and Sasori. truely emotional deaths for both.
Yondaime-Legacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-11, 03:02   Link #12
gghochu

when did Tayuya ever die i thought she just dissapeared after she fought shikamaru... anyways Haku's death is prob way too soon
gghochu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-11, 03:04   Link #13
Last_Hope
System/Web developer

Yeah. Neji also had a great death-scene but I like him so I´m glad he survived.

But as Flexx wrote; Chouji had done his part. He should have died. Especially considering the his "death". The only time Naruto made me shed some tears. And there´s also so many characters in Naruto now and I think the story is going to be spoiled if every single one of Naruto´s former classmates is going to survive.

I´m kind of surprised that no one has written Yellow Flash/>Yondaime yet.

Want to know who did this kickass sig? Just click it!
Last_Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-11, 03:37   Link #14
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by gghochu
when did Tayuya ever die i thought she just dissapeared after she fought shikamaru... anyways Haku's death is prob way too soon
Look again, you can see she was crushed under a bunch of trees After Tenmari's Wind attack... She's one i agree should not have died only because Naruto needs more kick ass females, especially villians

Dosu is another, unlike his companions he seemed to have more potenial. Or maybe i'm just saying that cause i liked him =P

Haku, not sure, if he showed us more techniques that he can do with his bloodline other than ice mirrors, than maybe... I mean, if he just had the ice mirrors as his best attack, that would have gotten old after the first time... honestly, i think i'd get board if i had to see someone face ice mirrors again...

Kimmimaru i think is another... i think he would have made a good recuring enemy, i mean he had a very nice fighting style with alot of variation to it... not to mention Oro could use some more ninja on his team...

Sasori can stay dead cause if he didn't die then we might not have Tobi ^^
And deidara couldn't have died instead, him and tobi have too much great chemistry together =P
Though then again, Maybe Tobi could have stayed a subordinate... that might have been... ok... i guess...

As for characters that should have died... Mixed feelings for Chouji and Neji... on the one hand, it REALLY pissed me off when they survived what i thought were good death scenes, such a waste... on the other hand, the fight with the sound was when i was actually starting to like Chouji. I remember my reaction "Holy crap they killed chouji, and just when i was starting to like him" afterward "WHAT!? he's alive, what the bull?!". As for Neji, i really liked him, plus i thought he may still have value for Hinata's development. All in all, probably side mostly with Chouji dying, he does add to much and it did add some great tragic emotion.
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-11, 05:40   Link #15
Snubben_Pierre

Everybody hates chouji , im actually happy he didnt die, because i think shikamaru would of changed pretty much.. because he loses his best friend for a person he doesnt like.. even though i know shinobi's aint supposed to show feelings.
But he might of gone all "shikamaru avenger" and seeks out power to kill sasuke/oro.. (dont take the last sentence to seriously..)
Snubben_Pierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-11, 05:51   Link #16
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

No character died too soon and many characters would should have died by now.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-11, 10:28   Link #17
ri0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snubben_Pierre
Everybody hates chouji , im actually happy he didnt die, because i think shikamaru would of changed pretty much.. because he loses his best friend for a person he doesnt like.. even though i know shinobi's aint supposed to show feelings.
But he might of gone all "shikamaru avenger" and seeks out power to kill sasuke/oro.. (dont take the last sentence to seriously..)
Chouji's survival was, in my eyes, one of the most dumb events in the whole manga. I mean first he gets his ass kicked, second all chakra drawn out (remember what Kakashi said to Sasuke as he asked what would happen if he used Chidori three times) and finally he took the body selfdestroying red pill.
ri0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-11, 10:50   Link #18
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

As an important character, Yondaime had the shortest active manga lifetime (I guess he lasted a few seconds until we saw the lights for the technique that he used and that ended his life at the beginning of the series).

There is also Sandaime. Arguable in terms of lifetime and the amount of being seen and being active throughout the series, but he might be the only one who knows all the desired information on Naruto origins and Yondaime/Naruto relationship. There is a chance that there may not be any souls being left alive carrying that information.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-11, 11:51   Link #19
Yondaime-Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last_Hope
Yeah. Neji also had a great death-scene but I like him so Iīm glad he survived.

But as Flexx wrote; Chouji had done his part. He should have died. Especially considering the his "death". The only time Naruto made me shed some tears. And thereīs also so many characters in Naruto now and I think the story is going to be spoiled if every single one of Narutoīs former classmates is going to survive.

Iīm kind of surprised that no one has written Yellow Flash/>Yondaime yet.

The reason i didnt post him is because his death is still a question mark, in my eyes and all those who theorize him to be alive (including obito).
Yondaime-Legacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-11, 12:07   Link #20
ri0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yondaime-Legacy
[/B]

The reason i didnt post him is because his death is still a question mark, in my eyes and all those who theorize him to be alive (including obito).
From where does the questionmark come when it was said in the first chapter on the first page: "One brave Shinobi was able to seal up the demon but lost his life", Sandaime said he was dead and there never was any hint that he is still alive?
ri0 is offline   Reply With Quote