AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Asatte no Houkou

Notices

View Poll Results: Asatte no Houkou Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 2 6.25%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 15 46.88%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 7 21.88%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 21.88%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 3.13%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-11-07, 09:02   Link #1
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Asatte no Houkou Episode 6 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Asatte no Houkou, Episode 6!

Thread Guidelines
  • No telling or asking for RAWs.
  • Try to keep spoilers from the Manga out of the anime thread. If you need to in reply to someone with a reference to the Manga, either PM them or use Spoiler tags (see example below).
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if not aired.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Try to keep the discussion on topic and future episode spoilers out of the thread whenever possible.

Spoiler Tag Usage

Using Spoiler Tags is easy. Using this...

[spoiler=title]Don't forget to use the spoiler title[/spoiler]

....will get you this...

Spoiler for title:
Old 2006-11-07, 15:29   Link #2
JediNight
キズランダム

Jumping the gun a little bit, aren't we? The episode doesn't even air for 2 more days ^_^;;
Old 2006-11-08, 21:57   Link #3
Pakxenon
popcorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight View Post
Jumping the gun a little bit, aren't we? The episode doesn't even air for 2 more days ^_^;;
In addition that the subs aren't going to be out for another week... -________-;;;
Old 2006-11-09, 00:01   Link #4
Anacone
Lazy Poster

Send a message via MSN to Anacone
I can't wait to see how Tetsumasa acts when he gets to know about Karada.
Old 2006-11-09, 00:22   Link #5
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anacone View Post
I can't wait to see how Tetsumasa acts when he gets to know about Karada.
Teh dorama!
I'm beginning to like this series, and I ain't much of a fan for slice-of-life stuff.
Old 2006-11-10, 00:46   Link #6
Greenish Growth

Does Kotomi know Shouko's name?

It's harder for me to catch exactly what they're saying without subs.
Old 2006-11-10, 01:27   Link #7
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I give. Take me away. This one was so romantic I may never recover. That empty/full feeling in the chest. Only one thing "happened" -- or maybe two -- but I loved it. Still, I can't call this anime "slice of life." It has a strong, strong plot carrying through. Maybe it's romance? Or maybe I'd just call it "magic drama." In any case, I think its greatest effects are the emotions drawn out of us by the characters' feelings and interactions as the plot slowly evolves.

I don't catch everything they say, either, but I don't believe we heard Kotomi say or hear Shouko's name. Kotomi just thanked her for helping her find a postbox. Then she asked her if she had friends to play with. Ito Shizuka and Koshimizu Ami: what wonderful voices.

At every moment, I kept wanting -- and even expecting -- Karada to explain who she was. But it worked well this way. And the postcard was a very nice touch.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2006-11-10, 02:51   Link #8
JediNight
キズランダム

They used a bit more complicated dialogue in this episode, so I didn't quite understand as much as other episodes from a normal casual viewing. But this is a summary for the Japanese impaired: =D

Tetsumasa comes over looking for Karada, and so she has to make up a story that Karada went to stay with her relatives. Tetsu asks if she is Hiro's girlfriend and she agrees not being able to think of another reply. I think she also says that Chibi-Shouko is a relative staying with them, but I don't know if she meant of Hiro or "her as the girlfriend".

Karada then starts following Tetsu as he continues to ask around if anyone has seen Karada. He asks her what she wants (why she's following him) and so she asks what he's doing since she already told him that Karada was at a relatives. Tetsu replies that he got the feeling that she was still in town, especially since Otona-Karada didn't sound very confident in her reply earlier.

Shouko goes to the store for food and runs into Kotomi who is looking for the mailbox. She couldn't find it since she's new to town. Shouko asks her why she didn't just call or email them, and Kotomi tells her that a letter is better. (I suppose it IS a bit more personal to take the time to write a letter) Kotomi then asks Shouko if she made any friends with the other kids she was playing with the other day, and Shouko replies no.

Tetsu then shows Otona-Karada around to the places he would hang out with Karada at. Karada goes looking in the shoe-box and Tetsu tells her there's no way she could be hiding in there, she's not THAT small =D Then they visit the shrine and go through the blocked off cave to a freshwater spring where you can go swimming at. He explains that he brought Karada here once, but she was too scared to finish going through the cave. Otona-Karada then explains that when she returns, that she is sure that Karada would enjoy coming here.

Karada then returns home and Shouko replies that she sure is late, they were worried. When asked where she went today she merely replies its a secret In a rather bad "oh yeah I have this friend that needs advice...." scenario, she asks what she should do if 2 people had a fight and they want to make up, but can't call them. Tying back into her conversation with Kotomi earlier, Shouko suggests writing a letter.

Tetsu is then hanging out at Touko's apartment, and she remarks that he went to Iokawa's place today. He tells her that Karada is staying at relatives right now, and that Hiro has a girlfriend now with another relative staying with them. Touko replies that she saw them earlier and this certainly is an interesting turn of events. Then she asks why Tetsu is still here and doesn't go to his own house ;x

The rest I'm sure you can figure out on your own =D

My thoughts: I thought for sure that Karada would blow her cover with Tetsumasa this episode. He obviously notices how much she acts like Karada, but I suppose since she holds to her story of being the girlfriend, and who would believe that someone magically grew older ... so he buys it in the end.

Next ep preview -- The Pair's Moment -- Hiro celebrates his 28th birthday ... uhm... stuff happens I guess... and they apparently let Shouko at the bottle of Sake haha ^_^;; Talk about super-lightweight =o
Old 2006-11-10, 08:58   Link #9
Srin Tuar
無謀

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I give. Take me away. This one was so romantic I may never recover. That empty/full feeling in the chest. Only one thing "happened" -- or maybe two -- but I loved it. Still, I can't call this anime "slice of life." It has a strong, strong plot carrying through. Maybe it's romance? Or maybe I'd just call it "magic drama." In any case, I think its greatest effects are the emotions drawn out of us by the characters' feelings and interactions as the plot slowly evolves.
Lol, indeed. I don't know if it was romance. Was it a date even?

I don't really know either, but whatever it was i was once again shocked that it ended, wondering if my file was maybe truncated or something...I have to stop saying this Im sure everyone has heard it before. I'm just not used to shows where so much can happen without anything actually happening. Very well done - but if I wasnt gripped by the story I bet it would have bored me out of my skull.

Tetsumasa's is more mature than I had thought at first. I think I'm starting to like the kid even though I didnt before.

I'm really looking forward to the next episode, because I want to see shouko in the spotlight again. She hasnt opened up all the way yet, and I want to see what she's thinking
Quote:
They used a bit more complicated dialogue in this episode, so I didn't quite understand as much as other episodes from a normal casual viewing. But this is a summary for the Japanese impaired: =D
Can you point out which parts you thought were hard to follow?
Ive been trying to use anime as study material for so long that I'm not sure if I understand it all or am just fooling myself into thinking so.
(episode 1 lost me in a couple spots, but since then its been easy for me... i think)
Old 2006-11-10, 11:02   Link #10
JediNight
キズランダム

Well it wasn't an entire scene that lost me, just certain phrases here or there where I could only pick out what was generally going on, not the exact wording that was said.

Like Karada's explanation for Shouko to Tetsumasa. She mentions something about a guardian, but I don't know exactly what. Either she's telling Tetsu that she is Chibi-Shouko's guardian.... or I dunno what.
Old 2006-11-10, 13:21   Link #11
Greenish Growth

About the postcard:
Spoiler:
Old 2006-11-10, 13:41   Link #12
JediNight
キズランダム

I wondered about that too ^_^
Old 2006-11-10, 20:08   Link #13
DoReMiFaSo
Samba!!

Tetsu looks like he is the same age as the post-transformation Karada. He even asked if Karada is Hiro's girlfriend. It's kind of hard to believe that Karada is around the same age as Hiro. I think they should have make Tetsu look younger, or make the post transformation Karada more mature looking. Also, they should make the pre-transformation Karada taller/bigger, because she looks like 7 or 8 years old.
Old 2006-11-10, 20:33   Link #14
JediNight
キズランダム

Well that was part of her complex to begin with -- she was short/young looking for her age. Presumably she's a late starter to puberty and Tetsu already had a growth spurt. But yes I agree she should have looked at least a little bit older even if she was short. Maybe it's just the art style.

I don't think Karada looks that young as an adult. She certainly isn't 28 like Hiro, or even maybe 24 like Shouko was. Karada now looks around 20-22 to me, and she probably is just naturally short. Tetsu looks rather tall for his age by comparison.

PS: Have you noticed how Shouko and Karada's personalities have subtlety changed over the last couple episodes? Shouko is a lot more friendly now, and Karada is falling into a more adult/motherly attitude. She frequently reminds Shouko about certain things. Although I suppose she might be used to acting that way for Hiro, since he seems kinda unreliable LOL...
Old 2006-11-11, 04:11   Link #15
Srin Tuar
無謀

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight View Post
Well it wasn't an entire scene that lost me, just certain phrases here or there where I could only pick out what was generally going on, not the exact wording that was said.

Like Karada's explanation for Shouko to Tetsumasa. She mentions something about a guardian, but I don't know exactly what. Either she's telling Tetsu that she is Chibi-Shouko's guardian.... or I dunno what.
She said 保護者同伴 when he was asking why she was following him...
He asked if she was Hiro's G/F when they were by the well (she said she was)
I must be looking at the wrong part... when in the show is the part you are thinking of?
Old 2006-11-11, 05:12   Link #16
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
that tetsu guy should be shot for not knowing that it is karada whos standing in front of him! >.<
magical...just plain magical...the story has absorbed me into it and the minutes just flew by...the development is lovely...the pace is slower than what im normally used too but for some reason i dont find it boring...i love this gentleness that being brought out from this series...its hard to explain
really nice tetsuxkarada moments here ^_^ i think that it shows that karada loves tatsu as much as he loves her...
the ending implies to keep the truth from tetsu at the moment with the postcard...but its really nice and the message put over gives good vibes ^_^
btw...tetsu's sister is hot!

looking from the preview it seems that its going to be soome karada and shouko moments...at last we see shouko blushing! ^_^

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-11-11, 19:38   Link #17
JediNight
キズランダム

Srin: Well my kanji sucks, so I have no idea what 保護者同伴 is ^_^;; And I'm too tired to find the guardian part atm, I'll get back to you later.

Deathkillz: Eh, they do a good job with visuals of showing that Tetsu is definitely suspicious. But without Karada actively pressing Tetsu about the wishing stone and being Karada like she did with Hiro, theres no reason for him to believe on his own. She has her story that shes Hiro's girlfriend, and she has a "young girl" with her, so thats pretty rock solid. Then with the postcard that would pretty much seal it unless Tetsu notices a bonus postmark.
Old 2006-11-12, 18:22   Link #18
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Take me away, best show of the year (maybe).
Old 2006-11-13, 14:53   Link #19
Lucier
Lunar Translator

hougousha douhan

Hougousha = guardian
douhan = going with

Split it up like that and it makes sense... to me at least.

I didn't find the Japanese used in this episode anything really special... Just seemed normal to me. I'll admit I hadn't heard the term hougousha douhan or the term they used later in the ep for "water source" (I forget it atm... at work.) But other than some vocab words, it didn't seem all that different in Japanese terms.

As for the ep itself, I didn't really enjoy this ep as much as the rest... I just hated the feeling of deception going on through the whole thing.

Especially the part where Karada claims to be Hiro's girlfriend... that just really irked me. While I can somewhat understand her desire to hide the truth, especially since it's unlikely he'll believe her... I really dislike the decpetion going on through this whole episode.

None the less, I'm still looking forward to ep7. =)
Old 2006-11-13, 18:40   Link #20
JediNight
キズランダム

It was deception, but the way I took it was just that Karada isn't good at thinking on-the-fly. She's a young child in mind, and so she's not used to older kinda situations where you think up stories off the top of your head simply because its easier than trying to explain the situation at the time.

I think she would rather NOT lie to Tetsu, but right now she just got done with convincing Hiro, and I think she just wasn't ready to fight another emotional uphill battle to get other people to believe.

You're right the dialogue wasn't really that bad, it's just I watched it at like 5am so my brain was half off and I didn't feel like rewatching the entire episode before discussing it ;x
Closed Thread