AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2004-04-12, 19:06   Link #41
Shii
Afflicted by the vanities
*Fansubber

The rarest anime I've ever seen is O-Parts Oman, and I'm not going to tell you what it is.
Old 2004-04-12, 19:12   Link #42
OhJustSomeRandomGuy

Sexy Commando Masaru-san.

This was aired in 6-minute blocks as an intermission for some late night chick oriented-TV show. The theme song was by Penicillin, and the damn thing made absolutely NO sense.

In between scenes, the artist would draw ukelele lessons, and then it'd get back to the show.

It's not worth watching, except for episode #2 with the soccer ball, and the best line in the entire series, "Why is he bleeding from THAT side of his face?!"
OhJustSomeRandomGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-12, 19:26   Link #43
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Dangaioh Not the Manga Entertainment version where it's english only with the first episode nearly cut entirely, but the old VHS version done by another company (subbed only) that is nearly impossible to find now. I managed to luck out and find this 10 years or so at a nearby Rogers Video

Voltron The original anime series on VHS. I got 5 tapes that I bought from Rogers when they had a clearance sale on old videos. Unfortunately my mom gave them to my relatives in Calgary a few years ago without my permission (I was on a trip at Toronto at the time). She also gave away my Little Nemo: Adventures in Slumberland VHS
Village Idiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-12, 19:30   Link #44
suires
たこ焼き名人

What does "rare" mean???

Everyone has some rare series to talk about. I want a series that is so popular everywhere but the version I want to collect is practically impossible.

I want to collect Pokeman and hello kitty in Japanese dialoque and English sub on DVDs?

I am really serious. Anyone know are those even exist?
suires is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-12, 20:04   Link #45
tektonik
I can see that speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Village Idiot
Voltron The original anime series on VHS. I got 5 tapes that I bought from Rogers when they had a clearance sale on old videos. Unfortunately my mom gave them to my relatives in Calgary a few years ago without my permission (I was on a trip at Toronto at the time). She also gave away my Little Nemo: Adventures in Slumberland VHS
Voltron I didn't think was rare I know a lot of people that watched it growing up on my dorm floor.

I watch mostly stuff people reccomend or looks good visually....so I don't watch rare stuff.
tektonik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-12, 20:41   Link #46
Hisoka Hajime
City Hunter

Send a message via AIM to Hisoka Hajime
I'll list some that don't get talked about much.

Ai no Kusabi
Akazukin Chacha (I expect more now that's it's on BT)
Cooking Master Boy
Dancougar (This is probably #1 on my list of "rare")
Eatman 98
Everyday is Sunday
Glass Mask
Hakkenden- Have a lot of people seen this? Not sure
Haunted Junction
Here is Greenwood
Legend of Basara
Piano
Ping Pong Club
Tekkaman Blade
Violinist of Hemeln
Virus Buster Serge
Hisoka Hajime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-12, 22:26   Link #47
jennwenn

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhJustSomeRandomGuy
Sexy Commando Masaru-san.

This was aired in 6-minute blocks as an intermission for some late night chick oriented-TV show. The theme song was by Penicillin, and the damn thing made absolutely NO sense.

In between scenes, the artist would draw ukelele lessons, and then it'd get back to the show.

It's not worth watching, except for episode #2 with the soccer ball, and the best line in the entire series, "Why is he bleeding from THAT side of his face?!"
I beleive it aired in Wonderful, just like the anime Colorful did. And it is TOO worth watching!!!!

Also, I forgot to add Little Nemo. Its an American-Japanese co-production that Miyazaki and Takahata were going to work on but quit in the pre-production stage due to differences with the director/producer/can't remember. Its a shame, because it had the making of an awesome story that didn't live up to its promise. It was only ever released on dubbed VHS in America I think. It told the story of the land of dreams and nightmares and cool flying beds and things. Damn, I lost that tape...
jennwenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-12, 23:01   Link #48
Griffith

This is somewhat off-topic, but there's a Little Nemo game for the NES that came out here in America. It's developed by Capcom and the full title is Little Nemo: The Dream Master. It's actually a pretty good game, I wasn't aware it was based on an anime until now.
Griffith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-12, 23:39   Link #49
MasafumiGotoh

Gunbuster and Ghost Sweeper Mikagi(SP)

Nobody mentions them very much and Gunbuster had a lil bit of H in it HEHEHHE
MasafumiGotoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-13, 00:10   Link #50
Roots
外人、漫画訳者

Wow I never expected to see so many titles that I've never heard of before! Really this is impressive, keep them coming.
Roots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-13, 00:23   Link #51
I)ark-I)eath
EnI)eR I)ark I)eath

well MAICO 2010 was a rare one. noone was subbing it...

now just awhile ago frosbite is subbing it....good for them and keep them comin...good 14 min anime and ALL the episodes are SET in a RADIO STATION....with maico as a robot announcer! yeah shes cool! and the OP is a catchy tune!
I)ark-I)eath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-13, 01:23   Link #52
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

You just can't count Maico 2010 as rare anymore. Perhaps a few months ago you would have been l337 to have seen it, but episode 9 was released by F-B on Friday. In just the last 3 days it has already been downloaded by 1942 people.

That is not rare.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-13, 02:29   Link #53
JOJOS'STAR
*Artist

rare... I didn't knew theres was still some of them ^^

anyway, errr... One of my favourite anime "Jojos Bizarre Adventures OVA"'s is, I know, now considered rare but was probably not at the time..
Old 2004-04-13, 04:40   Link #54
Kerensky18
?Sleep?

Send a message via MSN to Kerensky18
The rarest I own and have seen is dominion tank police..
Kerensky18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-13, 08:34   Link #55
Sakaki
Watakushi wa heiki desu!

Send a message via AIM to Sakaki
The tank police is great, (Dominion and New Dominion, though the first anime was better) the manga is even better, (duh).

It's probably not rare, but I never hear anyone mentioning "Battle Athletes".
Sakaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-13, 09:01   Link #56
jennwenn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffith
This is somewhat off-topic, but there's a Little Nemo game for the NES that came out here in America. It's developed by Capcom and the full title is Little Nemo: The Dream Master. It's actually a pretty good game, I wasn't aware it was based on an anime until now.
Well I think the anime was based on an American comic strip by Winsor McCay (from the early 1900's), so it became a cross-cultural thing. I'm guessing it was also popular in Japan if they would consider making an anime and video game out of it?

Oh, I've also seen Lingerie Soldier Papillion Rose, an ecchi (or hentai?) parody OVA of Sailor Moon.

I've seen a raw version of Studio 4C's Arete-hime, very Ghibli-esque fairy tale. Easy to find on Japanese R2 DVD but not so in English. (I have yet to find a sub...)

I've also seen Plastic Flower, some Korean animated music video, very reminiscent of Wonderful Days and made around the same time. It may have been a promo for an upcoming Korean animated film. I'm having trouble identifying its source and purpose.

Also seen part of Bewitching Nozomi, popular on VHS fansub but impossible to find subbed otherwise. Actually, I've only seen one part of it. I need to find the rest! Something about boxing and Adachi.

I don't own a tape player anymore, so it would be awesome if we could find all these rare anime on DVD, fansub DVD, or digisubs!
jennwenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-13, 09:14   Link #57
Izzy
Corrupted

Quote:
Originally Posted by tektonik
Voltron I didn't think was rare I know a lot of people that watched it growing up on my dorm floor.

I watch mostly stuff people reccomend or looks good visually....so I don't watch rare stuff.
Yea but the availibilty of the show in VHS if ever....DVD is close to impossible, only find them in ebay....

the most rare anime I ever seen.....Kikou Kantai Dairugger XV for the western people.....Vehicle Voltron

Spoiler:

the worst part is......no VHS are even available for this series...and more worse......I only saw 2 episodes >_<
Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-13, 09:25   Link #58
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Why does everyone, people not in North America excluded to some extent, consider a licensed series that is widely available and easy to acquire rare? Do you consider them rare because they're old or might cost a bit to import?

Dominion Tank Police and New Dominion Tank Police aren't that rare...
Every video store around here has atleast two copies of each DVD.

I would have said the Spirit of Wonder series, but Bandai has it out on DVD and a recently a boxset was released for it in Japan with included English dub track and subtitles. It's not so rare anymore...

Just as an example, I consider a series like Mainichi ga Nichiyoubi (Everyday is Sunday) truly rare. Although it was fansubbed, the last two episodes are really hard to find. It only recieved a laserdisc only release and the few laserdisc copies left are near impossible to acquire.
Mr_Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-13, 09:31   Link #59
SimplyEd
Claytard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakaki
The tank police is great, (Dominion and New Dominion, though the first anime was better) the manga is even better, (duh).

It's probably not rare, but I never hear anyone mentioning "Battle Athletes".

I don't know but i would go as far as to say that New Dominion Tank Police was a superior sequel to the first Dominion. I have them right here on 6 VHS, slowly but surely degrading^^

I recently came by a VHS of Super Deformed Double Feature featuring Ten Little Gall Force and Scramble Wars. I don't know if that one would count as rare, but it is no longer produced and i don't see too many copys of it nowadays anymore.
SimplyEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-13, 09:49   Link #60
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Paper
I would have said the Spirit of Wonder series, but Bandai has it out on DVD and a recently a boxset was released for it in Japan with included English dub track and subtitles. It's not so rare anymore...
You're talking about the sequel to Spirit of Wonder called Spirit of Wonder: Scientific Boy's Club. The original, created in 1992, is Spirit of Wonder: Miss China's Ring and is currently unlicensed.
boneyjellyfish is offline   Reply With Quote