AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2007-06-15, 06:28   Link #2021
krysinello
Sousuke Sagara

Send a message via MSN to krysinello
Yeah, I suppose not, just a possibility however. You translate from the Chinese translations right? I'm thinking of purchasing the Japanese novels after I get a bit better at Japanese, need to learn more Kanji -___-. Should know enough for rough translations though.

BTW the translation I read at the end of that convo, the translater added it could possibly be something else, it was very unclear in its grammer. Which is why I used it as an example. I don't think he is special, just that its a possibilty, and I like fighting for lost causes lol, always brings up good new info.

Last edited by krysinello; 2007-06-15 at 06:31. Reason: more stuff..
krysinello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-15, 06:58   Link #2022
HunterSeeker
The Spirit of Steel

Location: HKSAR, PRC, Asia, The Earth, The Milky Way Galaxy, The Universe.
Send a message via MSN to HunterSeeker
The piece I translated from is a complete, fully translated work, you know. If you think rough translation can tell the whole thing then......

Online Translators aren't that good at translating stuff than by human efforts and so can't be depended upon.
HunterSeeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-15, 07:25   Link #2023
krysinello
Sousuke Sagara

I didn't do it from a rough or online translation, It was Brandi's if I remember correctly, I looked it up and found it.

Spoiler for Brandi BOMF(last chapter):

I got mixed up at the start witht he "I will die" or "I am trying to die" lines, so it completely irrelevant to the Sousuke argument.

BTW I know online translaters suck, even I can do a better job then them, which is saying something cause my current Japanese sucks.
Old 2007-06-15, 07:42   Link #2024
HunterSeeker
The Spirit of Steel

Location: HKSAR, PRC, Asia, The Earth, The Milky Way Galaxy, The Universe.
Send a message via MSN to HunterSeeker
That line should be fixed for a little. From my translated source, that "we will part" is "already parted", "trying to part" should be "going to part". (Thus, the next line should replace "part" as "die")
HunterSeeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-15, 08:04   Link #2025
krysinello
Sousuke Sagara

If you say so, though translation is a tricky and capable of being interpreted in so many ways so differences are expected.

I see how Sousuke can not be a special person but I also see how he can be, and until proper conclusive proof is bought, I will always be a bit cluey to that possibility. What I'm more worried with is how Gatoh will end it, I'm hoping Kaname and Sousuke will survive, which I think they will.

Another thing, I have tried finding the novels on the Amazon Japan site but am having trouble. Is anyone able to give me the links to them for me, planning to buy them later on.
Old 2007-06-15, 09:12   Link #2026
Miles Teg

Use フルメタル パニック! to search on Amazon
Miles Teg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-15, 18:49   Link #2027
krysinello
Sousuke Sagara

ah thanx, I kept on typing フルメタルパニク in which explains why :B. Such a dumbass sometimes. Well time to get the books in to my cart anyways.
Old 2007-06-16, 01:35   Link #2028
FrostWolf

If Brandi published the books where can we get them?
FrostWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-16, 03:32   Link #2029
krysinello
Sousuke Sagara

She only translated the last chapter of BOMF, and it can be obtained at Abstractia. Link back a page I think.
Old 2007-06-17, 11:29   Link #2030
CRM

Imagine if the last book explains that Someone from the future planned out all of this to happen! Wouldn't it be crazy? I mean we already have Lambda Driver so come to think of it, it shouldn't be too crazy if someone time-travelled and fixed everything up including the black technology and stuff.
Come think of it we have yet to discuss what Gatou has to explain in the last book. Any takers here?
CRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-17, 12:44   Link #2031
Leeloo

Dead set against time-travel, God forbid. Chidori and Sousuke met and that's just all, be it destiny, fortune(preferred) or anything else. BTW ppl aren't you somewhat sad about Nami??? I was rooting for their relationship, maybe even as chidori replacement....don't bash me they just fit together

Gatou doesn't have to bother explaining whispers' powers, but more about Amalgam(their AS),Al, Sousuke-whispers....what else???
Leeloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-17, 14:02   Link #2032
Masanori Ota
It's Horo, not Han Solo.

All Gatou has to do to tie up the serious side of FMP's story is explain where the Whispereds' powers come from. The source of Black knowledge/technology.

Then he can continue to write comedy, hopefully.
Old 2007-06-18, 01:35   Link #2033
FrostWolf

And finally have Souske and Kaname kiss!
FrostWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-18, 02:09   Link #2034
krysinello
Sousuke Sagara

and it better happen............

oh is it possible for someone to give me a single page of one of the books, in japanese. I just want to try my hands at translations. I've already successfully translated(already translated but still) covers and want to try a proper page.
Old 2007-06-18, 05:33   Link #2035
animonzta

hey all, is the BOMF is ended, where i can find the novel, i just have ch00-ch2b..

or some body can upload it? pleaseee!!!
animonzta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-18, 05:40   Link #2036
krysinello
Sousuke Sagara

No the translation aint complete, though brandi did do the last chapter, link found in previous pages.
Old 2007-06-19, 04:46   Link #2037
animonzta

hmm.. i don't know how many is fmp novel? there's so many novel and short story. and.. when is the end!

krysinello, can you speak japanese?
Old 2007-06-19, 05:25   Link #2038
krysinello
Sousuke Sagara

I know only a little bit, enough for rough translations etc.

Ok, I'll give detail on what I know about the "story" novels for you.

The first 3 novels of the series were made into the first FMP 2nd, the End of Day by Day into TSR, then there is Dancing Very Merry Christmas set roughly 2 months after TSR, COMO which is soon after TSR, followed by BOMF and then CMMD. The latest novel being released in September will follow CMMD and is said to be the last in the series story wise. The other novels are only short stories, which have little to no relevance to the actual story line. Some of these were made into fumoffu but there are still more.
Old 2007-06-20, 08:15   Link #2039
animonzta

yeah, its many FMP short story.. I read it somewhere.. and spoilers too. but I worried about the ending. ending about sousuke, kaname, and mithril. ~_~

fmp novels make me crazy~~
Old 2007-06-20, 12:45   Link #2040
sosukeXkanameXforeve
Romantic at Heart

Hey HunterSeeker,

I know that this is totally and completely off-topic. And that I am talking about another completely different anime. But could you PLEASE translate these scans of the latest InuYasha chapter. They are in Chinese and I can't really seem to find anyone on the forums that can do it.

I know this is a big favor to ask. But, if you could do it, please? Thanks!
sosukeXkanameXforeve is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light novels, mecha, shounen