AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Eden of the East

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-04-23, 13:59   Link #1
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

This thread is for those of you with questions about the Eden of the East (Higashi no Eden) anime. There are many questions that don't need a whole thread to discuss them. A simple practical answer straight from the anime without any speculation can solve these connundrums. If someone has such a question about Eden of the East which can be solved by answering with facts from an official source, then please ask that question here.

Please don't post in this thread unless you are asking a question or answering one. Please remember that it only takes 1 person to answer a question. And don't speculate! You can only reply with cold, hard, merciliessly unforgivable facts. If you have to speculate, then please just tell the querrant that no answer is known, but here are some facts that might help him make up his own mind.

Make sure you use spoiler tags if your question is about the anime or any non-anime source. Untagged spoilers are risking a ban. There are two ways to create clearly marked spoiler tags, as shown in the following:

The easy way: By simply clicking on this icon which can be found in the Quick Reply or Reply to Thread template. This is how I create spoiler tags.
or
The macho way: By using those uber vB codes as shown in the following...

Spoiler Tag Example
[spoiler=title, i.e. your reason for the spoiler tag]Don't forget to use a title for the spoiler![/spoiler]
...becomes...
Spoiler for title:
Old 2009-04-25, 10:10   Link #2
hamstar
just passing by

Spoiler for episode 3 content:
Old 2009-04-25, 10:16   Link #3
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

NEET is commonly used as an acronym for Not in Employment, Education or Training. As in, someone who does nothing with his/her life.

Not really anime-related, by the way.

Old 2009-04-25, 10:16   Link #4
Raiga
tl;dr

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamstar View Post
Spoiler for episode 3 content:
Pretty common term in Japan.

EDIT: Ack, beaten to the punch by seconds.
Old 2009-04-25, 10:17   Link #5
hamstar
just passing by

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
NEET is commonly used as an acronym for Not in Employment, Education or Training. As in, someone who does nothing with his/her life.

Not really anime-related, by the way.
wow thanks, perfect answer for me. Another one:

Spoiler for episode 3 again:
Old 2009-04-25, 10:56   Link #6
Ottocycle

The detective says that the Supporter will come to kill any Selecao who has finished his duty of using up the money in the phone. The Supporter is a member among them who also has the phone, and seems to have that additional duty as well.

But...
Spoiler:
Old 2009-04-25, 11:06   Link #7
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Actually it's even questionable to say if a Supporter is an actual member of this organization. Detective Kondo was killed by his wife, even though indications point to him texting his mistress rather than his wife. It's as if his his wife was let on to his schemes, or more likely the message was redirected to his wife by the organization in order to push her off the edge and finally kill him. Whatever then, suffice to say a Supporter of some form will kill the Nobelesse. What's not really clear for me is the Supporter comes when the money itself is exhausted in whatever way, or if only used up in a manner not for the sake of the organization's goals, which I assume is for the sake of the country.

If anything, Kondo seemed desperate to gain more cash. He probably knew that he would die if he used up the money not for the reasons he was supposed to, and he clearly squandered practically every Yen for his own ends.
Old 2009-04-25, 11:20   Link #8
Ottocycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
What's not really clear for me is the Supporter comes when the money itself is exhausted in whatever way, or if only used up in a manner not for the sake of the organization's goals, which I assume is for the sake of the country.
From how I see it, the information the official site has let on so far is more of a guiding nature, asking leading questions and giving facts to let the viewers connect the dots, and what has been revealed on it so far has come true in the episodes in some form or another. So it might be my bias, but I'd tend to believe what it says, TBH.

So yeah, the site does say what it says, explicitly, that "the Supporter will kill whoever uses up the money wrongly".
Old 2009-04-25, 18:03   Link #9
Mystique
Honyaku no Hime
*Fansubber

Location: In the eastern capital of the islands of the rising suns...
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamstar View Post
wow thanks, perfect answer for me. Another one:

Spoiler for episode 3 again:
I can answer that for ya as officially confirmed by the team (they've more or less given the entire story in terms of keywords and characters away for this series on the website, all in Japanese though, so I assume most jp fans know the deal already)
Or I can PM you the official definition, although they are teases about it, I guess that leaves room for any plot twists they plan to through in there.
By ep 4 or 5, you'll probably gain as much info as was given if the next week preview is anything to go by, so wait a little?

edit:
Since it is a Q&A - it's meant to be defined with 'hard facts' then here you go.
Spoiler for Supporter:

*points up to humbug*
As he said, the jp website is a guide of sorts as they are being teases but it makes things clearer since all basic conceptions of the series are definied.

On an amusing note, couldn't help but think of the laughing man as well as a few other GITS cameo moments too.

Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere. - Van Wilder
"If you ain't laughin', you ain't livin'." - Carlos Mencia

Last edited by Mystique; 2009-04-30 at 11:20.
Old 2009-05-16, 18:03   Link #10
lilkirby

what kind of bike is this?
Old 2009-05-19, 03:30   Link #11
Mystique
Honyaku no Hime
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilkirby View Post

what kind of bike is this?
From the Juiz website, it's known as a ビックスクーター (Bick Scooter)?

The picture links of the models are here:

As for more info on the specific model, prices and stuff, I would need to dig around a few websites and will update this post if I find anything, but most likely it's a general term used in Japan with many different brands and models of "Bick Scooters" that you can buy online.

Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere. - Van Wilder
Old 2009-05-19, 05:37   Link #12
Mafty-Navue

The bike is Honda FORZA
It's a 248 cc scooter (I envy japanese people, they got nice bikes )
The price is around ¥651,000〜¥824,250. Takizawa got the yellow color which is ¥693,000~¥761,250 (tax already included )
Found it while looking at honda japan websites

Here's the link if you're interested:

http://www.honda.co.jp/FORZA/

I actually though Akira's bike was Yamaha before I saw it on Honda
Old 2009-05-19, 17:59   Link #13
hyperviper

Okay, I'm really getting hooked into this anime but let me get some things straight...

There's only 11 episodes? Is that right? Or is there like a 2nd season? Cuz it just sounds so short if it's just 11 episodes.
Old 2009-05-19, 18:19   Link #14
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

Yes, it is only eleven episodes currently, and sometimes this year a (probably) 1,5 hour long movie will come out to fully finish the series.
Of course I have no idea, how both of those are going to be finished, and whether it is feasible to do a second cour too, but I certainly hope, the story might give some room to a possibility of a second "season".
Albeit seeing things realistically, I'd say it's not going to happen though.
Old 2009-05-20, 17:13   Link #15
hyperviper

I heard the movie will be real-time tho...based on the anime instead of a continuation.
Old 2009-05-20, 17:27   Link #16
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperviper View Post
I heard the movie will be real-time tho...based on the anime instead of a continuation.
Interesting. Where did you hear that?
Old 2009-05-21, 13:32   Link #17
Arsanii

=O Was Eden of the East made into a Korean drama before? I think I've heard of the name somewhere...
Old 2009-05-21, 13:43   Link #18
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

I'm not entirely sure, but I'd imagine you might confuse it with the 1952 novel East of Eden. My assumption being is, that they indeed made a Korean live series adaptation of the novel in 2008, and according to the creators it's a drama.
And as far as I can tell from reading the plot summary on the wiki page, it doesn't have any relation with the anime Eden of the East.

Last edited by izmosmolnar; 2009-05-21 at 13:57. Reason: added another link
Old 2009-05-21, 15:34   Link #19
lilkirby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafty-Navue View Post
The bike is Honda FORZA
It's a 248 cc scooter (I envy japanese people, they got nice bikes )
The price is around ¥651,000〜¥824,250. Takizawa got the yellow color which is ¥693,000~¥761,250 (tax already included )
Found it while looking at honda japan websites

Here's the link if you're interested:

http://www.honda.co.jp/FORZA/

I actually though Akira's bike was Yamaha before I saw it on Honda

OMG ty a bit less 10 g in canada. god this a fucking awesome scooter
Old 2009-05-21, 19:12   Link #20
Mystique
Honyaku no Hime
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsanii View Post
=O Was Eden of the East made into a Korean drama before? I think I've heard of the name somewhere...
As mentioned before the East of Eden novel and film is about, but this is purely an original story from the mind of the GITS director Kamiyama Kenji.
Quote:
The series was announced in 2008's 23rd issue of Hakusensha's Young Animal manga magazine, denoting Kamiyama's involvement as creator, director and writer and Umino's involvement as character designer
The difference being the titles
East of Eden (EoE) = Korean drama, Western book and movie.
Eden of the East (EotE) = Current Japanese anime series

Closed Thread

Tags
q&a