AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2010-01-05, 10:30   Link #21
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fukitsu Naruto View Post
-I still question why Naruto was never told his mother's name. I mean, Yondaime Hokage is understandable since he filled so many body-bags in other villages and made a lot of enemies, but why not his mother? Since we know most kunoichi in Naruto amount to dick all in combat department, why not tell him? Its not like they can use her as a hostage since she was never around to begin with.
Maybe it's because she came from another village and they didn't want Naruto to consider the possibility that he might be welcome in another village.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-05, 10:38   Link #22
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by neshru View Post
What's the point of this thread? We know nothing about her, what's there to discuss?
I don't quite understand...

It's not like we do not have any information. The thread wasn't created 2 plus years ago when no information was available. Rather it was created after she was revealed in the manga, and received a databook entry. Additionally, the mysteries surrounding her are more than relevant discussion topics, even if they are not fully revealed yet...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-05, 10:53   Link #23
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Maybe it's because she came from another village and they didn't want Naruto to consider the possibility that he might be welcome in another village.
-That's a good point. Though, didn't Jiraiya say that at the time Kushina was in her "tomboy" years (still a child) that her country, Whirlpool, was already assimilated into Konoha and its government?
Old 2010-01-05, 11:06   Link #24
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fukitsu Naruto View Post
-That's a good point. Though, didn't Jiraiya say that at the time Kushina was in her "tomboy" years (still a child) that her country, Whirlpool, was already assimilated into Konoha and its government?
Nothing on the Narutopedia about that but it does say that since it's reffered to in the past tense it must mean that it no longer exists.
Old 2010-01-05, 11:16   Link #25
neshru

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
I don't quite understand...

It's not like we do not have any information.
We have barely any information on her and she doesn't have any relevance to the plot either. But hey, if you have fun speculating about a character like this, go ahead.
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-05, 12:04   Link #26
yaluckyboy
NaruHina Maniac

It was also mentioned that while Naruto's outside appearance was similar to his father, Minato Namikaze, his personallity and fighting style was much closer to his mother, Kushina. If this is true, then it could be assumed that Kushina would have a lot of experience to pass on to Naruto. Perhaps Kushina would be another of the few people who have learned the Rasengan and would have worked on it herself, allowing her to teach all sorts of new versions to Naruto.

Personally, I think that Kushina has been travelling the world, gathering information just like Jiraiya used to and would be returning to Konoha after hearing about all the things that are happening. And when she gets back, Kushina and Naruto have an initially awkwared introduction that later becomes very emotional.
( W)
---------------------------------------------------------------------
yaluckyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-05, 12:36   Link #27
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by neshru View Post
We have barely any information on her and she doesn't have any relevance to the plot either. But hey, if you have fun speculating about a character like this, go ahead.
If that is your stance, then why post in this thread at all? Or, are we are forcing you to come to this thread?

It's not like Kushina will never be of importance, so starting a general purpose discussion thread now (that some information has been released), is more than adequate. I mean, following the basic logic you are putting forth, a Chapter Discussion thread should never be created until after the chapter has been released; or, in the general sections of this forum, a movie or series thread should never be posted until after the movie/series has been released; etc. (If that is your stance, then at least you are consistent...though I have to wonder how you can stand this forum since it is 80% speculation.) All that matters is that information, even if somewhat lacking in quality or quantity, is present within the story, and in time will be explored more thoroughly. Speculation, whatever the speculation may entitle, can hold discussion until more information has been revealed - that has been the M.O. of the majority of the threads and discussions on this website.

Whatever the case, I am going to stop now, else I divert attention too much...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-05, 13:32   Link #28
neshru

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
If that is your stance, then why post in this thread at all?
I thought this thread was pointless, so I went ahead and posted my opinion. I mean, if you made a thread like this you might as well go ahead and create a Sakura's parents discussion thread, or a Sasuke's mom discussion thread, or a Chouji's dad discussion thread. Is there really a need for those?

Anyway, I didn't notice this thread was created 2 years ago, in which case it makes more sense.
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-05, 13:39   Link #29
Kafriel
Senior Guest

^ Actually there is a Sakura's parents thread somewhere, I remember people investigating the circular insignia on her red clothes in the first few episodes and analyzing an entire possible clan.
Quote:
Is there really a need for those?
Yes. I know, it sounds silly, but the same can be told to any shipper from a certain perspective. Some people love characters more than others, and want to share a fantasy that was never to be...at least this one's still got a chance.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-05, 17:36   Link #30
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Well like others said, she could possibly contain the other half of the nine tails chakra.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-05, 21:42   Link #31
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
Well like others said, she could possibly contain the other half of the nine tails chakra.
I tought Minato took the other part of nine tails chakra with him inside of the death god belly.
Old 2010-01-06, 05:16   Link #32
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I thought Minato sealed the entire Nine-tailed fox inside Naruto. -_-'
Old 2010-01-06, 05:20   Link #33
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I thought Minato sealed the entire Nine-tailed fox inside Naruto. -_-'
Spoiler for manga:
Old 2010-01-06, 10:49   Link #34
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via ICQ to AuroraFlash Send a message via MSN to AuroraFlash
The whirlpool county, must be fun. Lots of beautiful young woman in whirlpools and most of the invaders decided not to attack them, but to enjoy it.
The 4th Hokage took Kushina as his wife and eradicated the rest of the country.

Yes…
Old 2010-01-09, 13:24   Link #35
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by milan kyuubi View Post
Spoiler for manga:
that's correct.

About Kushina, to me Kishi will keep that as an element for further development/plot. The same way he never told Jiraiya's training until he needed.

Land of Whirpool, Kushina's childhood and personality, all of that stuff are good material for Kishi to develop Naruto.
Old 2010-01-09, 14:00   Link #36
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
Land of Whirpool, Kushina's childhood and personality, all of that stuff are good material for Kishi to develop Naruto.
-That's assuming Kishimoto gives a rat's ass about Naruto's development in that department. While I am sure everyone here would appreciate some more backstory to Kushina as a character, we have to remember 2 things:

1. She's a woman. And 2. Kishimoto either hates them or cannot write character development for them.

I mean, look at Sakura, the one who is supposed to be the "main heroine". I have not seen a mangaka build-up a girl so much only to utterly destroy her appeal within 1.5 chapters.
Old 2010-01-09, 14:40   Link #37
Fran~
floating away...

No, i mean that Kishi can use Kushina's background (Not Kushina) to obtain material for plot development.

About Sakura, it seems that Kishi is planning to give her some light... and about Kushina, i strongly demand a Kushina Gaiden.
Old 2010-01-09, 15:52   Link #38
Takashipl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
i strongly demand a Kushina Gaiden.
Better not.. Kishimoto could write something like
"Kushina in danger/Minato saves her/They go make babies" xD
Takashipl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-09, 16:25   Link #39
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takashipl View Post
Better not.. Kishimoto could write something like
"Kushina in danger/Minato saves her/They go make babies" xD
Sadly, you are right...

so please, at least an anime-based Gaiden... with people who actually can do better things than just save the damsel in distress
Old 2010-01-12, 17:09   Link #40
MVP

Send a message via AIM to MVP Send a message via MSN to MVP Send a message via Yahoo to MVP
Seriously, I mean what the hell happened!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MVP is offline   Reply With Quote