AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > My HiME / My Otome

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-03-27, 11:12   Link #1
Syntron
Shiny Hardware

My-HiME EXA Manga Discussion

This Topic hosts the Discussion about the new and ongoing "Mai HiME EXA" Manga.
It was announced on the official website that confirms a date on January 27, 2010.
EXA is following an altered storyline from that of the anime.

Author: SUZUKAZE Ryo
Artist: Kouteiryuu
Original Publisher: ASCII Media Works
Serialized In: Dengeki Daioh (ASCII Media Works)
Licensed (in English): No

Rules:
1) Off-Topic Discussion of any kind is to be avoided
2) Stating speculations as facts is forbidden
3) If you happen to find translated scans, you must link them here.

May the HiME Star shine down on us!

Last edited by NightWish; 2010-03-27 at 12:33.
Old 2010-03-29, 18:14   Link #2
Charuru

Is this a retelling of the anime, but with differences?
Old 2010-03-29, 19:30   Link #3
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
Yeah it is, I gonna get into detail on this.
Old 2010-03-30, 00:02   Link #4
Peterbigeyes

Oh.. Loved the original series. I'm excited about this one
Old 2010-04-02, 12:29   Link #5
Linka

Hey there, I made an account just to say this, but scans of the first two Mai-HiME EXA chapters do exist, and in fact, I'd post them if they weren't against the rules. They're fairly easy to find via google, and it'd be great if anyone could find them and help to translate them.

Last edited by Linka; 2010-04-02 at 12:43.
Old 2010-04-02, 14:50   Link #6
Vicious Ambitious

I have a subscription to 月刊コミック電撃大王 (Gekkan Komikku Dengeki Daiō) ie. the magazine the produces the Mai hime exa manga. Some interesting events happened last chapter.
Old 2010-04-02, 15:12   Link #7
Linka

Really? You saw the third chapter? Can you describe what happened? I can't seem to find scans of what happened.
Old 2010-04-02, 16:01   Link #8
Vicious Ambitious

Sorry! lol I haven't even checked my mail yet I will when i get home, I was talking about the Chapter 2 that was interesting. Chapter 3 is more about the Dragon Emperor, you can check it out on the official site here: http://daioh.dengeki.com/thismonth/index.html
Sorry, it's the best I can do! Hope it helps!

Last edited by Vicious Ambitious; 2010-04-02 at 16:16.
Old 2010-04-02, 16:16   Link #9
Highman
Keep Pounding and Destroy

Send a message via AIM to Highman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicious Ambitious View Post
lol I haven't even checked my mail yet I will when i get home, I was talking about the Chapter 2 that was interesting. Chapter 3 is more about the Dragon Emperor, you can check it out on the official site here: http://daioh.dengeki.com/thismonth/index.html
Sorry, it's the best I can do! Hope it helps!
Dragon Emperor, eh? Confirmed for Hime EXA to continue for the next five years of goodness.
Old 2010-04-02, 16:35   Link #10
Vicious Ambitious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highman View Post
Dragon Emperor, eh? Confirmed for Hime EXA to continue for the next five years of goodness.
Yes!! I can't wait what happens next! ^_^
Old 2010-04-02, 22:59   Link #11
Linka

I can't wait to see what the third chapter does specifically, then!

Though I actually figure that EXA will last a bit shorter, since they've already blazed right past Akane getting defeated and hinting at Reito being the Obsidian Lord-- the latter of which I'm actually happy to see, since there weren't as many hints back in the anime.

I hope this manga will treat the finale better than the anime did, since it got kinda hammy and deus ex machina-like there.
Old 2010-04-02, 23:53   Link #12
Highman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linka View Post
I can't wait to see what the third chapter does specifically, then!

Though I actually figure that EXA will last a bit shorter, since they've already blazed right past Akane getting defeated and hinting at Reito being the Obsidian Lord-- the latter of which I'm actually happy to see, since there weren't as many hints back in the anime.

I hope this manga will treat the finale better than the anime did, since it got kinda hammy and deus ex machina-like there.
Well it may continue on after the Carnival, If the sales of the manga get really better though. It matter what the story is and how will it go beyond through. I wish it was weekly then monthly. It could lead an big mistake though.
Old 2010-04-03, 00:16   Link #13
Linka

Quote:
Well it may continue on after the Carnival, If the sales of the manga get really better though. It matter what the story is and how will it go beyond through. I wish it was weekly then monthly. It could lead an big mistake though.
I think the series would work better as a biweekly actually-- weekly gives too little time, and most manga artists will tend to cut corners as a result, or pace it badly.

At least with it being monthly at the moment, they're able to pace things out a bit better. It would be cool though if they could continue to a point after the festival, though I gotta wonder how things will turn out without Tate around...
Old 2010-04-03, 00:43   Link #14
Highman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linka View Post
I think the series would work better as a biweekly actually-- weekly gives too little time, and most manga artists will tend to cut corners as a result, or pace it badly.

At least with it being monthly at the moment, they're able to pace things out a bit better. It would be cool though if they could continue to a point after the festival, though I gotta wonder how things will turn out without Tate around...
I wouldn't bet my money on Tate returning to the Hime saga both in the manga and anime. But, If he comes back, better have some explaning to do.
Old 2010-04-03, 02:20   Link #15
Linka

Quote:
I wouldn't bet my money on Tate returning to the Hime saga both in the manga and anime. But, If he comes back, better have some explaning to do.
Obviously Reito's just a red herring and Tate's the actual bad guy this time around, and we're all being played as fools. FOOLS I SAY! / Baseless joking speculation
Old 2010-05-05, 12:05   Link #16
kitten320

But Tate never dissapeared in anime, why explanation would be needed? 0_o

Besides did he go anywhere in manga? HiME manga was so horrible that I never really read it...
Old 2010-05-06, 00:04   Link #17
Linka

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
But Tate never dissapeared in anime, why explanation would be needed? 0_o

Besides did he go anywhere in manga? HiME manga was so horrible that I never really read it...
He was the one who ended up making Takumi (the Obsidian Lord in the first HiME manga) realize that what he was doing was wrong, and actually helped strike down the giant final boss that appeared after the subsequent mental breakdown. So Tate actually did have some sort of purpose in there.

He just seems to have vanished out of nowhere in the EXA manga, which is where an explanation would be needed if he suddenly appeared now. He wasn't in the extra OAV for the Mai-HiME anime either... Maybe he's gone out of style? @.@
Old 2010-05-06, 08:00   Link #18
kitten320

Well in OVA Mai and Tate broke up and the whole trip was a revenge on Reito... Tate didn't really have any revenge on him.

A lot of characters were not shown in EXA yet as far as I remember, he might be walking around somewhere.
Old 2010-05-08, 02:42   Link #19
shomai
Doujinshi arteeeest :D

OVA and Mai/Tate broke up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Well in OVA Mai and Tate broke up and the whole trip was a revenge on Reito... Tate didn't really have any revenge on him.
Wait my friend, what OVA do you speak of? O___O
Old 2010-05-08, 04:49   Link #20
Highman

Quote:
Originally Posted by shomai View Post
Wait my friend, what OVA do you speak of? O___O
Mai Hime blu-ray special that came on January 27th bra.
Closed Thread