AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2012-01-29, 10:28   Link #19981
agetreme
Just another Idiot

1000 pages of nonsense!

Unlike Sword Art Online, nobody will die....
It is just a game.
and Tabane love game....

Tabane is the game-master while the main characters are just players of her game.

Should I go for Fantasy stuff or Sci-fi? Sci-fi as in their avatar is the same as the original verse while Fantasy, their avatar are literally...fantasy RPG characters....

Ichika (unknown sword-wielding class)
Houki (Beginner later upgrade to Dual Blader)
Cecilia (Mage Class)
Rin (Warrior Class)
Charlotte (Gunner class)
Laura (Cannoneer (Upgraded gunner class))
Sliver Gospel Bot (Mage class)
Old 2012-01-29, 10:28   Link #19982
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Fight scene done:

Spoiler for Scene~!:

Edit: Damnit, Age
Old 2012-01-29, 10:28   Link #19983
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Seriously? I thought that the cyborgs were just being forced into becoming gladiators. These guys are turned into equipment. Not treated as alive but living weapons of mass destruction. But... you know... only squishier.

EDIT: dammnit!
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-29, 10:34   Link #19984
Eratas123

@ Treme - Sci fi is better. IS would be a bit surreal as a fantasy genre.

@ Demi - Let me repeat: These guys are being forced to kill each other and they don't know why. The player character wakes up at the bottom of a tower, tries to go up, and has to kill mooks/bosses along the way because they're likely trying to do the same thing he's doing. How is that not like being treated as inhuman? THey're litteraly treated like toys fighting one another.
Old 2012-01-29, 10:37   Link #19985
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
@ Meistah - The girls seem to be naturals in their skills while the guys have to cram just to get to where they are. Maximillian probably read a load of books to get that smart and Peter probably practiced day in and out to get as good as fighting like that.

Side note - karon's 13 now? Well, there goes her remaining breast size
@Eras:

Yep, but this is the ISpers. Louise on the other hand was beaten/tortured/trained from birth to be the wtfpwnage warrior (and a bit sore) she is today. Celeste was created like that.

Thing about Vandam I is that its a fic about a world on the brink of war. So when you look very closely at the characters, you find supersoldiers, trained spec ops, assassins, spies and superheroes. At the same time, these "soldiers" are being made into something utterly opposite to their origins, as idols singing and dance about world peace.

Unthinkable and ridiculous. But given this weird world, that's just what the doctor ordered. Doctor being me.

EDIT: Zero got blocked again!
Old 2012-01-29, 10:39   Link #19986
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

To celebrate the 1000 th page, let me write something...

---------------------------------------------------------------
I groaned silently as I regain consciousness, where am I again?

Oh right I was supposed to invade the most well-defended place in this blue earth, I.S. Academy.

Along with my comrades, or maybe, dozens of comrades, we're ambushing the unsuspecting educational institute from all direction. Sea, air, and even outer space.

Nobody knew about that, even then...

Two of them standing there unflinching.

White wings spread gloriously with metal skirt flowing mechanically, gave a sense of inhuman grace and terror.

The machine from the past, the [White Knight], the very first I.S. ever unleashed on the world, wreaking havoc on a country's worth of military force and turning the social balance into women-dominated society.

Which is really controlled by a male.

It's massive rifle add even more emphasis of masculinity into what's supposed to be a female machine.

"[Seriously, girls these days...]" he laughed in a mocking tone, even so far as using open radio Channel "[You need to be punished accordingly]"

The Irony, this is really beyond comprehension.

What's worse, standing aside him is her, the living legend. The winner of the first Mondo Grosso, entitled with the prestige of bearing the name "Brunhilde".

Orimura Chifuyu.

Standing proudly surrounded by disabled comrades of mine, she only has one sword, an ornamental I.S. katana known as Yukihira, stabbed on the ground in front of her and her black machine.

Also known as KureZakura, 1st Generation I.S. rolled out by Japan.

How could be.... is it really impossible for us to win this war?

"[Nobody shall pass]" She said in a completely disinterested tone, yet still packing a sheer intimidation in it.

We really can't win this war...
-------------------------------------------------------------

Shit just got real
Old 2012-01-29, 10:41   Link #19987
Eratas123

You're one awesome doctor Also, I just meant that the girls attempt to be inversions by being idols while the guys attempt to play it straight. The guys are as follows: A fighter jet pilot, a teacher/combat engineer/strategist, a child terrorist, and a 15 year old prince. These fit the archetype's of the world more than the others (Bar Louise and Celeste).

@ Senpai - Guessing that's Josh
Old 2012-01-29, 10:42   Link #19988
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@eras: Well that's as close enough I guess :| I'm wondering if I should put these guys in an IS story or not. It'd be hilarious to see XD
Old 2012-01-29, 10:47   Link #19989
Eratas123

Hilarious how? THey sound pretty tragic to me.
Old 2012-01-29, 10:50   Link #19990
demino_hellsin
That one guy

It's funny because it gets worse... no seriously =))
Old 2012-01-29, 10:53   Link #19991
Eratas123

I don't really like black comedy if it's played for too much lolz.

Side note - If a regular guy manages to beat an IS with no help whatsoever, I will eat my shorts.
Old 2012-01-29, 10:55   Link #19992
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

That's just plain sadistic... :/

Side note - I'll burn my sock instead.
Old 2012-01-29, 10:57   Link #19993
Eratas123

@ Senpai - If it's rare, it's effective. Unfortunately, dead baby comedy tends to be overused nowadays.

Side note - Main reason I revamped Irish. Now he has to do is all to even dent an IS.
Old 2012-01-29, 10:59   Link #19994
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post

Side note - If a regular guy manages to beat an IS with no help whatsoever, I will eat my shorts.
I was going to bring up Master Asia but I don't know if he counts as a regular person or not.
Old 2012-01-29, 11:01   Link #19995
Eratas123

@ Stratos - No power armor, no power suits, and no specialized weapons. If he's not an MGS protagonist (Who're the most badass of badass normals considering who they fight) then I'm calling BS.
Old 2012-01-29, 11:06   Link #19996
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Then you may need some shorts... He brought down machines several times his size with only a towel.

I'm pretty sure I wasn't dreaming when I saw that part in the anime.
Old 2012-01-29, 11:10   Link #19997
Eratas123

Were they as near invulnerable as the IS? The MGS protags beat powerful people, but they're realistically beatable. If you want a badass abnormal version of their fight, look here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uR3PJ6El_so
Old 2012-01-29, 11:16   Link #19998
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Nah, I'm pretty sure an IS would curbstompt them any day. Grunt mobile suits, ya know?
Old 2012-01-29, 11:18   Link #19999
Eratas123

@ Stratos - The IS are in universe gamebreakers. How these things haven't tor the world up are a mystery.

@ Senpai - Do you think it's possible or a regular army to fight an IS and win?

EDIT: Going to sleep, see ya.

Last edited by Eratas123; 2012-01-29 at 11:30.
Eratas123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-29, 11:34   Link #20000
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@ Eras

Well, I.S. never seems to be invincible. Once again, I refer to Chifuyu's implication about her being heavily injured in her sortie as White Knight, meaning all those pesky machines she destroyed does its wonder.

Now that I.S. being an integral part of Military, the warfare doctrine will be updated. Discounting the possibility of military already have anti-I.S. weapon on their own, I believe military might able to take one or two I.S. with conventional force. But of course, there'll be lots of death because few people is really merciful as Chifuyu.

In Sacred Twins, there will be a scene where a reckless PT member is knocked out instantly by means of 127mm conventional Shell.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest