AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kashimashi

Notices

Old 2006-01-12, 01:29   Link #41
FET-Kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuya
I finally watched this episode. It was pretty good. I liked how Yasuna was in this episode a lot wherea she was pretty much in the start ofthe manga.

[spoiler]After catching Hazumu, Tomari comments on Hazumu's new voice. That scene was pretty weak and unrealistic because male Hazumu and female Hazumu sounds the same.
Listen to it again, the voices are quite different actually. Male Hazumu has a feminine voice, but female Hazumu has a muuuuuch more high pitched and girly voice. Despite the same VA, they sound like two different people, for the most part.

I enjoyed episode one a lot. I agree with Omniscient that it did have a more sci-fi feeling to it then the manga did, not that that's a bad thing though. So far, the show feels like it's going to aim higher then just being a fan service show about a guy becoming a girl. The drama can be felt the instant the show begins!

This episode was slightly boring in the middle area, but next week the good stuff really begins. It just took the time to introduce all the characters properly before jumping into all the crazy stuff.

I'll be waiting for a sub!
FET-Kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-12, 01:46   Link #42
FET-Kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Paper
Now, having read a couple volumes of the manga, I must say the relationships are very shallow and largely unbeleivable, to me at least. I like interpersonal drama between the characters of a series, but for the most part it just isn't really present here and what there is is just to miserable in its presentation it actually angers me. I mean...

Spoiler:
I, personally, wont be watching or reading anymore of this noisome trash. Watch it, enjoy it, if you like but I have to find the person who suggested this to me and punch them. -.-
Those comments are pretty ignorant sounding. How much did you read? Not much it seems, as it was explained pretty early on that Yasuna is unable to see the faces of males.

Basically they're blurs. She originally fell in love with Hazumu when they first met because she could actually see his face some how. When he confessed his love to her, she rejected him because she didn't want to someday not be able to see his face and for him to become just a blur to her like all the other males. She didn't want to hurt herself, or him. When he became a girl, she was happy because she wouldn't have to worry about it anymore.

Yasuna isn't exactly yuri...she realizes her love is now a girl and will never become a blur to her like the others. She just isn't letting the whole same sex thing get in her way. In fact, she originally said she thought she would go without love for the rest of her life thanks to not being able to see the faces of males. So her loving Hazumu as a girl has little to do with sexual preference. Heck, even Tomari begins to nevermind the same sex thing and begins to fall in love with the now female Hazumu. Why...because it's still the SAME Hazumu, just physically a girl.

She explained this all to Hazumu in chapter 7. You should go back and read, or just watch the anime all the way through because you judged things way too early on to make comments like those. @_@
Old 2006-01-12, 02:10   Link #43
mintyfresh
Altoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by FET-Kun
Listen to it again, the voices are quite different actually. Male Hazumu has a feminine voice, but female Hazumu has a muuuuuch more high pitched and girly voice. Despite the same VA, they sound like two different people, for the most part.
..Are we listening to the same Hazumu...?
mintyfresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-12, 02:10   Link #44
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Actually, I'd read through to volume two before forming my opinion. I still find it shallow, callous and very much noisome. Regardless, thanks for the assumption.
Mr_Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-12, 02:18   Link #45
setsuka

Quote:
Originally Posted by FET-Kun
Those comments are pretty ignorant sounding. How much did you read? Not much it seems, as it was explained pretty early on that Yasuna is unable to see the faces of males.
That accusation sounds equally arrogant. You don't even know how much he has read. I personally has similar opinion with him about Yasuna. Without her "mens' face look blurry to me" part of her characterisation, she pretty much comes across as one of those shallow girls who reject others based on appearance and then comes back when she sees the appearance that she likes. Personally I wish Hazumu chooses Tomari in the end because she's the only one who accepted him for who he was then and still accepts him now that he is different. Well either her or Ayuki, or hell even Asuta will be a much better pairing for Hazumu.
setsuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-12, 02:19   Link #46
Sakuya
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Paper
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Edit:
Woops, didn't realize there was a third page before replying. Anyway, I hope to see Hazumu adjusting to become a girl in the next few episodes. Must be very funny!
Sakuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-12, 02:41   Link #47
Guppy

Spoiler for manga:
Guppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-12, 03:06   Link #48
Eclipze

Actually...
Spoiler for manga:
Eclipze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-12, 04:35   Link #49
FET-Kun

The comment of mine made to Mr_Paper of it sounding ignorant simply comes from not taking her "disease" into account in his post when speaking of Yasuna. Not to mention the other comments, such as "trash" and all. I found the review misleading to the reader by leaving out key things to the story.

Actually, I don't like Yasuna and I find her a bit selfish and shallow of a character too. Heck, she admits to Hazumu that she was selfish for rejecting him because he was a guy. But let's stop there! Why did she reject him because he was a guy? Because she can't see any other faces of males except his. Yasuna meeting Hazumu that one day was earth shattering because before that, she couldn't see any faces that belonged to males. Bit by bit she began to love Hazumu. But she held back her true feelings because she was afraid of hurting herself. She didn't want to regret it someday if she can't see Hazumu suddenly. Knowing this, I'm sure people can on at least a level or two understand why Yasuna's position considering what she suffers with.

Even still, I agree Yasuna was selfish and shallow, and as I said she admits that to Hazumu even. When Hazumu became a girl Yasuna felt safe basically. No reason to worry about not being able to see him someday, because he's a she now! Has nothing to do with being yuri since she loved him way before he was a girl anyway.

Hazumu accepts Yasuna's feelings despite rejecting him when he was a boy probably because he's in love. Sometimes that makes people blind, obviously for the worse in Hazumu's case. I hope to see Hazumu stay a girl and end up with Tomari, not Yasuna in the end. Yasuna, while I understand her position, is a selfish girl who returned Hazumu's feelings only because he became a girl because she felt safe giving those feelings. Then again, let's remember, even she regrets these actions herself.

BUT, in any case we've got our opinions, I'm just giving my two cents on what Mr_Paper said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mintyfresh
..Are we listening to the same Hazumu...?
lol, I don't know...am I missing something? The voices are not really similare. Girl Hazumu, (though the first line did come off lower like her boy voice) is higher pitched and more girlish. I guess we need more lines to go off of then what we got.

What...a week until episode 2? @_@

Last edited by FET-Kun; 2006-01-12 at 04:48.
Old 2006-01-12, 04:51   Link #50
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Well, after watching episode one, I have to wonder how true to the manga this is going to be. So far it's just minor things, but that could become major things quickly enough. Plus, I have some concerns about the pacing, though that's only based on one episode, so I can't say it'll remain an issue. Other than that it was good, though my hopes for this series aren't quite as high as they had been...

Of course it was really foolish of me to expect this to be as good as the manga.
Old 2006-01-12, 05:46   Link #51
Conan-san
Cruel Angel's Thesis

I dunno about the rest of you, but watching the whole "Hazumu geting pwaned by ship" thing was painful to watch, purely on the instance that Hazumu's body apprently stoped it.

But So far so good, the semi complete lack of BGM is intresting.
Conan-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-12, 07:33   Link #52
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

How come this is unsubbed?

I've tried it in every player ive got, MP10, MPC, Zoom, BSP and there's no subs in any of them. Even downloaded the latest codecs, or has animesuki start raw distribution now aswell??
Tiamat's Disciple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-12, 07:45   Link #53
Cortana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taliesin
How come this is unsubbed?

I've tried it in every player ive got, MP10, MPC, Zoom, BSP and there's no subs in any of them. Even downloaded the latest codecs, or has animesuki start raw distribution now aswell??
You'll notice that a .srt file came with it. That's the subtitles. i know WMP and BSP can work off a .srt file and display subtitles from it.
Cortana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-12, 08:26   Link #54
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Boh.. I haven't read the manga so I went with the anime kinda cluelessly, but actually I found it quite interesting.

My choice in the first place was due to the magnificent seiyuu cast: Tamura Yukari , Horie Yui and Ueda Kana are top notch for the cathegory, at least imho.
The characters design was a bit odd, not 2006 alike, but usually I'm not obsessed with it and same goes here.
The absence of bgms was one of the first things I noticed, well, I guess this anime will try to be refreshing, so it's welcome.
The plot wasn't very clear yet, at first glance. I did some assumptions, then I've read some of the spoilers written above (after all, I don't think they'd be so far in the story) and I guess all is making more sense in my mind now. Thanks to whom explained the background story a bit.

Overall I find this series quite fascinating, for it's particular aura, so it goes in my "ok" book and I will gladly proceed watching it
Old 2006-01-12, 08:52   Link #55
W-General
Bushinsoukou
*Scanlator

Send a message via ICQ to W-General Send a message via AIM to W-General Send a message via MSN to W-General
I totally agree with the great seiyuu cast.
Let's not forget Asuta's played by Ono Daisuke, who did an awesome job as Yukito in AIR.

The show itself seems interesting enough. Looks like Winter 2006 might be better than I expected (with awesome shows like this and Fate Stay Night...)

I thought the alien's apology was the worst apology I ever heard. It was so funny.
"Oh, we killed on of your guys. Don't worry, we have revived him. Oh, he's now a her." Without even saying why.
W-General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-12, 11:06   Link #56
K-chama

Send a message via AIM to K-chama
Firstly, I'm not sure how the manga was set as a young men's manga. There seems to be a rather large romance plot that IMO would have turned away most boys. I guess they were marketing on the yuri aspect.

Secondly, I'm not sure I understand all this hate for Yasuna. The explanation was given and is not as weak as some of the excuses I've heard over the years and it's not like she dumped Hazumu in some harsh way then turned around and changed her mind. She seemed genuinely upset at turning him down. A lot of it is coming off as a need to push her away since she appears to be the obvious choice the series is leaning towards.
K-chama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-12, 11:24   Link #57
NeoSam

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-chama
Firstly, I'm not sure how the manga was set as a young men's manga. There seems to be a rather large romance plot that IMO would have turned away most boys. I guess they were marketing on the yuri aspect.
Kashimashi ~Girl Meets Girl~ is a young men's manga/anime just like HEN is a young men's manga/anime.

Kannaduki no Miko is also a yuri manga/anime for guys.

YamiBou is also a yuri anime for guys.

Strawberry Panic! is also a yuri novel/manga/anime for guys.

And if you didn't know this: there are many romantic manga (yuri or not) thats aimed at male audience.
Old 2006-01-12, 11:37   Link #58
DaFool
Resident devil

As soon as I get home from work I am so going to watch this...

I could care less about the romance even if it isn't remotely justified or realistic...I'm here for the pantsu.

/checks Users Currently Browsing this thread

...and I am not alone
DaFool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-12, 11:43   Link #59
W-General
Bushinsoukou
*Scanlator

Send a message via ICQ to W-General Send a message via AIM to W-General Send a message via MSN to W-General
Im inclined to say that this is not really yuri. Well it is, but it's unlike stuff like Kannazuki no Miko. KnM is about girls, who are really girls, and they like girls.

This is about a guy, who likes girls, and got turned into a girl unwillingly. Without any personality modifications, of course "she" is going to continue to like girls...
W-General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-12, 12:09   Link #60
Eclipze

Quote:
Originally Posted by W-General
Im inclined to say that this is not really yuri. Well it is, but it's unlike stuff like Kannazuki no Miko. KnM is about girls, who are really girls, and they like girls.

This is about a guy, who likes girls, and got turned into a girl unwillingly. Without any personality modifications, of course "she" is going to continue to like girls...
You're forgetting that Hazumu wasn't exactly a "manly" man. He was quite....gentle/sensitive to begin with. (and those traits make up a girlish girl)
Eclipze is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, drama, genderbender, romance, seinen, yuri