AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Suggestions

Notices

Old 2014-05-03, 08:21   Link #1
delorean2200
ヒットハード&高速

Looking for bow wielding characters and ones ending up taking a child under care

Let me elaborate a bit, this thread is actually about two requests, i recently watched inuyasha and it made me want to see animes centered around two things (they don't have to be together):

1st recommendation i would like is about animes that centers around a bow wielder or at least has a secondary char using it often.

2nd anime recommendation i would like is a about animes where you get something similar to how Sesshomaru ends up taking care of Rin, basically a though character ending up stucked or taking care of a child, or protecting him.

Here is my animelist because i've seen lots of shows:

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Strike105X
Old 2014-05-03, 08:52   Link #2
kitten320

Does it have to be a tough chara? Cause there are Usagi Drop, Kure-nai and Seirei No Morbito.

Claymore kinda fits...

Monster, main character eventually gets involved with a child and starts to take care of him.

There is a bow user in Mai HiME but sadly her role is extremely minor.

Tears to Tiara has a bow user and she is among main cast.

That's all I can think of.
Old 2014-05-03, 09:51   Link #3
delorean2200
ヒットハード&高速

Seen them all except for Monster, does the child he gets involve with is a one ep thing or more of a permanent addition to the series ?
Old 2014-05-03, 10:11   Link #4
kitten320

Permanent, he kinda becomes one of main characters.

And whoops, kinda missed your animelist link, my bad.
Old 2014-05-03, 11:59   Link #5
Haak
Forever Alone...

I recommend Sword of the Stranger for your second criteria.
Old 2014-05-03, 14:36   Link #6
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Ikoku Meiro no Croisee features a sixteen-year-old Japanese girl named Yune. She has come to 19th century Paris to work as a shop girl for young Claude, an ironmonger in his early twenties. They have more of a "senpai" relationship with a dash of culture clash than a pure adult/child pairing. There are, however, hints of a possible romance as the show progresses.

The "parenting " is short-lived, but significant in Tokyo Magnitude 8.0. Two siblings are left stranded after an earthquake hits Tokyo Harbor. They meet a woman in her late twenties who offers to help them return home.

In Shion no Ou, the titular character witnesses the brutal death of parents when she was just four. She is adopted by a neighbor couple whose husband plays professional Shougi ("Japanese chess"). Shion shows an early aptitude for the game and aspires to become a professional herself. Her advancement through the ranks of Shougi is paralleled by an investigation into her parents' murder.

Of these, I see the relationship between Mari and the children in Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 as vaguely similar to that of Balsa and Chagum in Moribito. Mari even has a superficial resemblance to Balsa. Shion's foster parents play an important role in her life, but it's really her show.

I'm still trying to think of shows with bow-wielding characters, but none have come to mind so far, except for Madoka, of course.
Old 2014-05-04, 06:18   Link #7
cupumanager

Otogi Zoushi - Set in the Heian period, The main protagonist Minamoto no Hikaru is a Bow and arrow wielding Archer - the ones that wield swords were her retainers, Watanabe no Tsuna and Usui Sadamitsu ; well, at least until ep13....

Other character on top of my head is Amira Hargal of Otoyomegatari - born and grow up with Composite Bow on the Saddle in the Steppes, but it haven't made into an anime...
Or Walter Tell of Wolfsmund, a rare Crossbow wielding Hero character - he's the Hero of the story, but arguably not The Main Protagonist Character of the story. Also just a Manga.
cupumanager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-04, 06:37   Link #8
Triple_R
Center Attraction

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Here's Anime Vice's list of bow-wielders. That may be of some help to you.

I didn't see Day Break Illusion on your impressive MAL list, so I recommend that. One of the central characters uses a bow-based weapon.
Old 2014-05-04, 06:51   Link #9
delorean2200
ヒットハード&高速

Thanks Haak for Sword of the Stranger briliant movie. Will try the other recommendations as well, thank you all and if anyone remembers anything else feel free to post.

Edit: @Triple_R thanks for that list ^^.