AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Old 2010-02-12, 13:05   Link #2921
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Quote:
Originally Posted by edkedkedk View Post
PS: Wow, I thought you disliking Kyon was just a way of protecting Yuki. Never realized you really disliked him...
One kinda caused the other... not sure which really came first, though.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Kogetsu Shirogane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-16, 05:10   Link #2922
M.Marangio

It seems that the fourth novel with new cover was sold out at some stores (blame the Disappearance movie).

Link (ads may be NSFW):
http://blog.livedoor.jp/geek/archives/50990459.html
M.Marangio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-16, 09:36   Link #2923
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.Marangio View Post
It seems that the fourth novel with new cover was sold out at some stores (blame the Disappearance movie).

Link (ads may be NSFW):
http://blog.livedoor.jp/geek/archives/50990459.html
It's rather interesting that only the panorama cover is selling out when the one that isn't part of a set is still available.

I would like to preface my next comment with this statement: THIS IS NOT REAL. IT IS A FAKE! Someone on 2ch made a mock-up of what he/she thought the Surprise cover would look like in the panorama shot.
Spoiler:

I've even used a different host than my normal account to make sure everyone knows that THIS IS A FAKE so that there isn't a rumor going around that the cover's been released when it hasn't.

You can tell that the image wasn't meant to come together since the rails are off slightly by Sasaki and the pole by her is lower than the one by Kyon. Since we've had much discussion over whether the sides were supposed to come together, I thought this would be of interest to everyone.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT

Last edited by ultimatemegax; 2010-02-16 at 10:29.
ultimatemegax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-16, 10:25   Link #2924
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
It's rather interesting that only the panorama cover is selling out when the one that isn't part of a set is still available.

I would like to preface my next comment with this statement: THIS IS NOT REAL. IT IS A FAKE! Someone on 2ch made a mock-up of what he/she thought the Surprise cover would look like in the panorama shot.
Spoiler:

I've even used a different host than my normal account to make sure everyone knows that THIS IS A FAKE so that there isn't a rumor going around that the cover's been released when it hasn't.

You can tell that the image wasn't meant to come together since the rails are off slightly by Sasaki and the pole by her is lower than the one by Kyon. Since we've had much discussion over whether the sides were supposed to come together, I thought this would be of interest to everyone.
Sasaki is already on the cover to a previous volume. Surprise should be Kyon and
Spoiler for Volume 9, 10:

You should probably change the filename for the picture to something obviously fake instead of "suprisemockup.jpg", which could be a legitimate (if misspelled) internal filename. Won't stop anyone who is intent on using it for trolling, but it may at least stop a few random Google Image hunters from making a mistaken assumption...

It's no DA or -ch(an), but the Animesuki forums do have a fair image presence on the net.

Last edited by quigonkenny; 2010-02-16 at 10:34. Reason: editing
quigonkenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-16, 10:33   Link #2925
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Sasaki is already on the cover to a previous volume. Surprise should be Kyon and

You should probably change the filename for the picture to something obviously fake instead of "suprisemockup.jpg", which could be a legitimate (if misspelled) internal filename. Won't stop anyone who is intent on using it for trolling, but it may at least stop a few random Google Image hunters from making a mistaken assumption...
What a splendid idea! I have changed the link, however I cannot delete the old one since I do not have an account at that site, so hopefully it will be deleted soon due to no use. It would make sense to use that person to connect the panorama together even though Sasaki is on the cover of the normal edition. I haven't been able to see into an inner cover of the first one, so I do not know if Kyon is on that part or not which may solve this whole dilemma.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
ultimatemegax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-16, 14:06   Link #2926
edkedkedk
Hare Hare Sera Fuku!

Quote:

It's no DA or -ch(an), but the Animesuki forums do have a fair image presence on the net.
I don't really get it, why is it that
Spoiler for Vol. 9 and 10:
is such a popular choice for the contents of the Vol. 10? Has it actually been indicated somehow?
edkedkedk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-16, 14:43   Link #2927
Coreyrn

Quote:
is such a popular choice for the contents of the Vol. 10? Has it actually been indicated somehow?
Maybe because Novel 9 was divided into alternating chapters of the same story in 2 variations. Which would be an indication for different dimensions and with that the possibility of a
Spoiler for vol 10:
would be very high.
Coreyrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-16, 17:30   Link #2928
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Spoiler for basically a Slider-tan centered synopsis of Volume 9:
Old 2010-02-16, 18:10   Link #2929
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Anyone who gets along with Haruhi or stops her from being bored is related to the 3 factions.
Old 2010-02-16, 19:19   Link #2930
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
Anyone who gets along with Haruhi or stops her from being bored is related to the 3 factions.
Spoiler for Volume 9:
Old 2010-02-16, 20:09   Link #2931
B2-Lancer

I haven't really kept up the series except in bits and pieces, but regarding "Slider-Girl", how aren't we sure she isn't just psychic? It seems really late in the game to introduce a slider even though one's suggested from the start. Haruhi's writer must've been awfully sure of him/herself that the series's popularity (of lack of) would even go 9 or 10 volumes before introducing an ultra-late character. Perhaps, in that case, the author might also be exploiting a built-in "oversight" hole in a "casual" slider mention early the novel/manga, kind of like George Lucas did with Star Wars as Guinness mentioned long ago; Lucas did Star Wars as a one-shot homage to old Flash Gordon serials (the REAL reason for that "Episode IV" rolling teaser) like American Graffiti was for the fifties before Star War's totally off the wall surprise success had Lucas scrambling to do a real set of sequels.

Also, if there's a slider, I wager there's a big outfit or government behind him or her to explain the tech enabling the slider unless we want to dip into magic which is a whole different neighborhood. Maybe they discovered that the infinite dimensions they used to cavort around suddenly aren't infinite anymore (like the 3 year thing). But I'm slowly coming around to the belief that Haruhi's not God, but a recipient of god-like powers since it seems they can be hijacked or circumvented by "underlings". I think a Big Kahuna's amusing him/herself.

IMHO,
B2-Lancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-16, 20:15   Link #2932
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

I won't be surprised anymore if she's a slider. Refer to last post: Anyone who gets along with Haruhi is-
Spoiler for related to rank spoilers:
Old 2010-02-16, 21:14   Link #2933
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Corrected.

And I didn't get a Yuki image from her description. She certainly doesn't act like Yuki.
Old 2010-02-16, 22:06   Link #2934
keri
ねぇ、知ってる?

Quote:
I won't be surprised anymore if she's a slider. Refer to last post: Anyone who gets along with Haruhi is-
Quote:
Corrected.

And I didn't get a Yuki image from her description. She certainly doesn't act like Yuki.

What about Sakanaki? Does she count as someone who gets along with Haruhi? I'm trying to figure out what you mean by "gets along with".
keri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-16, 23:04   Link #2935
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Well, don't forget that some have speculated that Slider-tan is
Spoiler:
...who got along with Haruhi.
CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-16, 23:23   Link #2936
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

"gets along"

- client of Haruhi
- in the SOS Brigade
- gets along with Haruhi (same wavelength) [with the exception of Sakanaka (forgot the name) who's a normal client)
- related to the 3/4 factions.
Old 2010-02-18, 05:34   Link #2937
edkedkedk
Hare Hare Sera Fuku!

Quote:
Spoiler for basically a Slider-tan centered synopsis of Volume 9:
Ah, thank you so much for the clarification. I didn't have the chance to read all the novels because the translations got pulled down from Baka-Tsuki, and since then haven't been searching for the novels. Really interesting, I didn't even know about this unannounced girl because everyone was calling her
Spoiler for Slider-tan:
straight off the bat. It would explain what's with all the alpha and beta talk in one thread I read. I was just plain confused there

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
Well, don't forget that some have speculated that Slider-tan is
Spoiler:
...who got along with Haruhi.
If so, has Slider-tan shown any indication of warming up to Kyon and Mikuru? That would be a huge hint if that's the case... and messing up Kyon's life even further.
Old 2010-02-18, 09:00   Link #2938
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Ah, thank you so much for the clarification. I didn't have the chance to read all the novels because the translations got pulled down from Baka-Tsuki, and since then haven't been searching for the novels. Really interesting, I didn't even know about this unannounced girl because everyone was calling her
Spoiler for Slider-tan:
straight off the bat. It would explain what's with all the alpha and beta talk in one thread I read. I was just plain confused there :heh:
Sakanaka is the girl in Volume 8 with the dog. As a member of Haruhi and Kyon's class, the KyoAni animators have animated her in the background of their class shots from the very first episode. This is what she looks like.
Spoiler for size:

Quote:
If so, has Slider-tan shown any indication of warming up to Kyon and Mikuru? That would be a huge hint if that's the case... and messing up Kyon's life even further.
We don't see enough of Slider-tan to get any solid clues.
Spoiler for Volume 9:
Old 2010-02-18, 12:36   Link #2939
edkedkedk
Hare Hare Sera Fuku!

Quote:
Sakanaka is the girl in Volume 8 with the dog. As a member of Haruhi and Kyon's class, the KyoAni animators have animated her in the background of their class shots from the very first episode. This is what she looks like.
Spoiler for size:
She looks pretty plain from this shot, but yeah, I can see your point I'm confused, though;

Spoiler for Slider-tan:

Quote:
We don't see enough of Slider-tan to get any solid clues.
Spoiler for Volume 9:
Spoiler for Vol. 9:
Old 2010-02-18, 12:45   Link #2940
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Quote:
Spoiler for Slider-tan:
Spoiler for slider response:

Quote:
Spoiler for Vol. 9:
Spoiler for Vol 9 response:
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Kogetsu Shirogane is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
shounen, sneaker bunko, seinen, light novels, manga