AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > True Tears

Notices

View Poll Results: True Tears - Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 76 49.67%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 54 35.29%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 11.11%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 2.61%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.65%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.65%
Voters: 153. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-02-12, 08:36   Link #181
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
I was thinking, but the way that Nobuse Confessed to Aiko seems to be an all time first!
Maybe someone can correct me, but I never seen a confession with a "THIRD WHEEL" right there helping. I have seen many hook ups and people spying while confessions are being made, or people being witnesses to confessions, but never a double teaming like what Nobuse and Shin did. Now I understand why Aiko said "you didn't have too..."
I mentioned that too when i saw the scene i was WTF why the hell is Shin there. Then Nobuse confesses and Shin does the talking again WTF. It was then i understood how it was almost impossible for Aiko to say no, how they double teamed her was not fair. That is not how a confession should be carried out. I like Shin but i want to punch him just once and while im at i want to punch Nobuse too. Did you see how he tried to give Shin relationship advice while they were at school? Then says you will understand when you get a girlfriend lol (look what happen afterwards)
Old 2008-02-12, 10:34   Link #182
Supah Em
WHO DO YOU THINK WE ARE?!
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklightz View Post
Yui's asking Hiromi out sounded like a business transaction. .
the last time i watched his name was jun, i think
Old 2008-02-12, 11:01   Link #183
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by thundrakkon View Post
You've turned and accepted Hiromi now. So does that mean your opinion about her has completely changed in her favor?
Not yet, not yet...but she is getting then - thankgod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklightz View Post
Wow what a train wreck is serie is becoming!

First of all I think Ai-chan is very cruel to Nobuse. It's bad enough that she won't even admit to him she doesn't like him she had to rub in his face how she picked the sweater that Shin touched.

Yui's asking Hiromi out sounded like a business transaction. He's truly doing this only to make Shin go out with Noe to make her happy. I suppose that makes him a good big brother but also an awful person.
Someone really needs to define a trainwreck to me...I thought trainwrecks are usually bad things that makes series bad, which is something I fail to see in TT atm

For Ai, she is just hinting VERY STRONGLY to nobu that her heart is not where he is. That guy should stop being in denial and see that she doesn't LIKE him (I have little patience for persistant guys ^^). If anything he brough it onto himself for that. Too thicked skinned imo.

He will do whatever it takes to make his sister happy...though it may seem awful, it is not like he is being forced (which was totally the opposite of shin's intentions ROFL haha! ).

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2008-02-12, 11:15   Link #184
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
For Ai, she is just hinting VERY STRONGLY to nobu that her heart is not where he is. That guy should stop being in denial and see that she doesn't LIKE him (I have little patience for persistant guys ^^). If anything he brough it onto himself for that. Too thicked skinned imo.
Yeah, that is a good point! This is one of those cases that trying so hard backfired on him. If he had not mentioned the thing about choosing a sweater, he might have been home free! I think that Aiko was unconciously hoping to be caught, I bet anything she is relieved that she was caught and was able to lift that wait from her concience. She really give Nobuse a try, but man I have been saying that when she is alone with Nobuse she is miserable. You can't force your heart to change that easily.
Old 2008-02-12, 11:41   Link #185
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

As for Aiko, I am of the camp that she is mean. I mean, she has almost confessed that the reason why she is with Nobuse is so that she could stay close with Shin. I mean, you go out with a guy because you like him earnestly, not because of some ulterior motive. I mean, that maybe one of the reasons why Shin's mom hates Hiromi, because she's the extension of Hiromi's mom, who might have been the first pick of Hiromi's dad. This is speculation, but if Aiko goes down that route and in the future marries Nobuse because she could stay closer to Shin, it's a big possibility that she'd hate Shin's kid as well.

@Golthin
Spoiler for for childhood friends off-topicness:

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
Old 2008-02-12, 12:52   Link #186
Zanshun

Quote:
Someone really needs to define a trainwreck to me...I thought trainwrecks are usually bad things that makes series bad, which is something I fail to see in TT atm
A train wreck usually refers to when something de-rails, goes flying off the track and all thats left is a wreckage. True Tears does not even come close to being in this category. As a reference watch H2O episode 4.

Also all this talk about ED and OP and credit listing clues, the biggest clue of them all is far simpler. Hiromi wins in character design and overall because she is the only girl with long hair. In such a beautifully animated show she is given the extra treatment. The way her hair fell to the side when she apologized to Shin about asking him to talk to Noe, the way it gets animated so vividly and moving whenever she plays basketball, how it flew in the wind while on the beach. Its almost like a secondary character that makes Hiromi just stand out and seem more animated.
Old 2008-02-12, 12:56   Link #187
zero7090

excellent episode
just as my thinking, hiromi vs shin incest love but they still make me feel so sad at the confess scene . Also the music is damn nice, wonder when they release true tears soundtrack album
Old 2008-02-12, 13:03   Link #188
Grimkill7
Inattentive Dreamer

Aiko mean? Both no and yes.

No- Getting together with Nobuse does not qualify. Shin and Miyokichi were despicable with how they ganged up on Ai. How the hell was she supposed to say no when Shin was looking her right in the face like that? My opinion of Shin was low before, but after episode 6 it cannot get any lower. You just don't do that to a person; especially one you consider a friend.

Yes- Using her relationship with Nobuse as an excuse to be close with Shin, and stringing the guy along despite the lack of interest in him is indeed what I'd consider mean.

So her staying in a relationship for far too long when she doesn't like the guy is mean, but said relationship wouldn't exist in the first place if she wasn't backed into a corner.

Mean or not, I still loves her **hugs Aiko**
Old 2008-02-12, 13:40   Link #189
Darklightz
Wagering his life...

For the train wreck thing I meant the relationships, not the serie itself, I should have been more precise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
While I usually agree that guys chasing after girls who don't like them is deplorable, in this case Ai accepted to become his girlfriend and actually goes out with him every now and then. Also Nobuse is in love and from my experience, love tends to drop your IQ by a good 70 points. What is needlessly cruel is that she never liked him to begin with and yet still stays at his side. I think part of Nobuse is staring to realize that but his love for her is strong enough to bear it so far.

Quote:
I think she let him off EASY! She could have told him straight that she is not in love with him and that she likes Shin.
No, telling it to him straight would have let him off easy. Leading him on is just pointless torture.

Despite all this Ai is still my favorite character. There's something about her that's so likeable. Although Noe is catching up on the cuteness scale. The way she held on to Shin's belt is sweet

And yes his name is Jun, I"m watching way too many series at once right now.Getting confused XD
Old 2008-02-12, 14:21   Link #190
Zanshun

Ai-chan doesn't just lead him on and I don't view her in nearly a negative light. She isn't honest with Nobuse with her feelings but as the snack scene shows I'm sure shes not quite certain on all her feelings either. She isn't trying to hurt Nobuse in any way and there is no ill intent on her part at all. Everyone is saying its cruel when all she is trying to do is let him down gently, yes in things like this sometimes its better to rip the bandage off quickly, but they are all new to this. We all saw how she got tag teamed into her present situation, not wanting to hurt Nobuse she hasn't been able to break it off prior to this point.

Every scene that she is in with Nobuse its quite evident how much dis-interest she shows towards him, not out of cruelty but just the fact that she just is not interested. When he tried to grab her hand she just about jumped across the street to get away, she only went on to hold his hand because she saw how sad he looked, and although some will cry that she is being cruel leading him on, she is just trying her best not to hurt anybody. I think from the very first scene that she was introduced and she told Shin he didn't have to leave so early just about everyone realized she was crushing on Shin. Till Nobuse asked her out on a date most of us thought their relationship was all in Nobuse's head, that he walked around calling her his girlfriend and it was so unsubstantiated that she didn't even bother denying it, like it was some running gag.

Man thinking on it Shin is really the cruelest one of all. How much must it hurt when the guy you like sets you up with someone else. It is like broadcasting to the girl that I don't or no longer have an interest in you. Setting up Ai-chan with Nobuse, setting up the date between Jun and Hiromi. Busybodies are indeed idiots.
Old 2008-02-12, 16:00   Link #191
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Ai may not be dealing with the situation in the best way imaginable, but it seems pretty real. And she saw no other way out: do I alienate the guy I love, or go out with a guy who loves me and whom I like well enough, but whom I don't love? Not a nice situation to be in.

I was completely disgusted by the Nobuse confession scene, where Shin was standing there trying to convince Ai to go out with him. Does anything like that actually happen? Yeccch. Do your own confessing, Nobuse.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2008-02-12, 16:07   Link #192
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post

I was completely disgusted by the Nobuse confession scene, where Shin was standing there trying to convince Ai to go out with him. Does anything like that actually happen? Yeccch. Do your own confessing, Nobuse.
I should hope not i dont know any women whom would tolerated a 3rd party when a person of interest was revealing their feelings. Asking someone to set you up is fine but actually being and having your friend convience the girl she should go out with is cheap, cowardly and despicable. If you want someone to like do it on your merits and principals not someone else's.
Old 2008-02-12, 16:40   Link #193
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Ai may not be dealing with the situation in the best way imaginable, but it seems pretty real. And she saw no other way out: do I alienate the guy I love, or go out with a guy who loves me and whom I like well enough, but whom I don't love? Not a nice situation to be in.

Like I said, True tears is ground breaking, that confession scene is a first time for me. Either in Manga, Anime or live action I have never seen a confession like that. I give merit to the writers of the show for coming with a way for Aiko to not be able to reject Nobuse.
Old 2008-02-12, 23:18   Link #194
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanshun View Post
Till Nobuse asked her out on a date most of us thought their relationship was all in Nobuse's head, that he walked around calling her his girlfriend and it was so unsubstantiated that she didn't even bother denying it, like it was some running gag.
Haha yes, I remember on another forum when people were saying they were going out I was like wtf he's just kidding isn't he?
Old 2008-02-13, 00:45   Link #195
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Haha yes, I remember on another forum when people were saying they were going out I was like wtf he's just kidding isn't he?
this circumstance makes it that much more painful for Nobuse when Ai's all like, eff you, i'm going after your (my) friend now...

ps, glad to see you're still alive. i'll join up on MAL at some point
Old 2008-02-13, 01:55   Link #196
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Oh dear - things really are quite a mess, aren't they? Nobody's with the person they want to be with (except Nobuse, and its unrequited). #4 (henceforth known as "Prick") just gets creepier and more stalker-sh. Shin's mom (henceforth known as "Bitch") continues to try and emotionally manipulate her son and emotionally torture Hiromi. And Shin's emotional myopia continues to dig him deeper and deeper into despair, while the girl he loves might just be his sister (though I don't buy it). What a mess.

Signs of BGI-level emotional attachment are starting to creep in. Yelling at the characters on the screen and such. Another painful journey on the horizon...

YANO, HOW COULD YOU? WHAT IN THE WORLD WERE YOU THINKING? DON"T GET ON THE DAMN TRAIN!!!
Old 2008-02-13, 03:22   Link #197
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
@Golthin
Spoiler for for childhood friends off-topicness:
Spoiler for DragoonKain3 for childhood friends off-topicness:
Old 2008-02-13, 05:01   Link #198
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
Spoiler for DragoonKain3 for childhood friends off-topicness:
Spoiler for Adding what I know to the off-topicness regarding childhood friends:
Old 2008-02-13, 05:52   Link #199
Itadakimasu!
tsun tsun lover

Send a message via MSN to Itadakimasu!
Although I certainly do not approve of Ai-chan's indecisiveness, my experience has led me to believe that many girls, when fronted with such a situation (at least the ones i know... does that make them all weirdos) would probably do the 'deer in the headlights' act and just freeze and 'accept' whats coming. Does that make her mean? stupid, yes, but when we're in love we're all stupid. Mean? I don't think so. But such a judgment doesn't free her of the consequences of her acts... which i suspect will not be all lovey dovey happy ending.

The episode was good. TT has performed solidly so far. Looking forward to the next ep!
Old 2008-02-13, 05:53   Link #200
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

Talk about the increasing number of fans that support Hiromi x Shin ending.

Quote:
Like I said, True tears is ground breaking, that confession scene is a first time for me. Either in Manga, Anime or live action I have never seen a confession like that. I give merit to the writers of the show for coming with a way for Aiko to not be able to reject Nobuse.
No...its not a first time actually.That kind of confession did appear in other romance anime,manga and live action...just that it didn't exactly appear just like how True Tears did.Such kind of confession,where a person act as a cupid angel to unite a boy and girl to become a couple is not rare or strange in anime nowadays.Example of it would be Da Capo 2 where Anzu and Akane act as a cupid angel,to unite Yoshiyuki and Koko.Even Love Hina also is a series that uses this kind of way to unite the main guy (Keitaro) with the main girl (Naru).

Of course from male point of view,such way is kind of a chicken way,and ruining male's pride,since to male,love confession is somewhat a part of their pride too..so usually this kind of confession won't appear in anime/series where the main guy is a type that looks strong,brave and prideful (like Isurugi Jun).

I lazy to extend my point about man's pride haha...someone for sure will shoot me for it if i type everything about it in here.
Closed Thread