AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-02-23, 00:19   Link #121
Lendial

why do urahara and shinji have so much patience for little hiyori. imagined if she pulled that on byakuya!
Old 2009-02-23, 04:26   Link #122
Ric
太陽の碧

Send a message via MSN to Ric
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glacial View Post
why am I not seeing this?
He has is resting in both hands behind his back, you can only just see it, but it's there.
Old 2009-02-23, 05:56   Link #123
Glacial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric View Post
He has is resting in both hands behind his back, you can only just see it, but it's there.
I think I see what you mean now, and just to confirm:
Spoiler for screeny, modified to make it crystal clear:

Quote:
Spoiler for Tags, just in case:

-Ric
I don't think there's anything else brass-colored he could be gripping, so I have to digress :P
Nice eye, and thanks for the help

Last edited by Glacial; 2009-02-23 at 06:16.
Old 2009-02-23, 06:14   Link #124
Ric
太陽の碧

Quote:
I think I see what you mean now, and just to confirm:
Spoiler for screeny, modified to make it crystal clear:

-Ric
Old 2009-02-23, 07:31   Link #125
sayde

Quote:

-Ric
The only problem with the above image is that it doesn't flow well with the scene right afterwards:

We see Aizen in the same exact pose at a different angle having not moved an inch. We also get a much better look at both of his hands in the same exact position, and yet his sword isn't there. He's seen only gripping his own hand.
Old 2009-02-23, 07:34   Link #126
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Maybe the Aizen in the picture is actually Kyoka Suigetsu and he's controlling it remotely from another place, you never really know.
Old 2009-02-23, 07:41   Link #127
Glacial

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
The only problem with the above image is that it doesn't flow well with the scene right afterwards:

We see Aizen in the same exact pose at a different angle having not moved an inch. We also get a much better look at both of his hands in the same exact position, and yet his sword isn't there. He's seen only gripping his own hand.
I didn't even stop to consider this, but you make a good point.

However, I feel that seeing the rectangular brass shape in the screeny I posted is clear enough. Anime team is well-known for making mistakes, of course :P

But the reason I chose that particular scene was because it is closest to the corresponding panel of the manga (except light doesn't block one from viewing the sword). Since the manga is the backbone of the anime's story, this would indicate that the scene you present holds less weight
Old 2009-02-23, 08:21   Link #128
Ric
太陽の碧

Quote:

Wow, well this really throws a spanner in my sword/illusion theory.

Maybe it really is Aizen just using Kidou, thinking about it he probably wouldn't use his sword's abilities so casually.
Old 2009-02-23, 12:25   Link #129
Uncreativex

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakisak View Post
Naruto is the worst ever when it comes to filler...hell they don't even fill it's like Flashback...flashback...hey lets repeat that same flashback 8 times in row--slow motion and then add filler content.

Bleach's fillers are not that bad. I am a manga devotee and I loved this episode.

To tell the truth I had to think about what was filler and what wasn't...it was done so well.

To me the eps are about the same as the chapters. I don't see anything to dislike or not want to buy the DVD about (there are other ways to get it and make your own DVD--do that for this arc)

I enjoyed this episode, and if fillers are this good I say "MOAR" (Which is something I would usually bitch about)
I disagree. While most of the bounto stuff wasn't all that bad, the New Captain season was just redicolous. In addition to all those moronic characters, what's with everyone returning to the Real World/Soul Society from Las Noches? Even if you argue that it's not chronological or even that it's an alternative realityish thing, then why does Ishida use the new bow he introduced first in the Hollow world, and why can Ichigo use the Hollow Mask for more than 11 seconds, which he doesn't learn before Las Noches? The fotball fillers before Pendulum arch was terrible too.

Don't get me wrong, the Naruto fillers suck too, especially the crap with pseudo-Jinchuurikis etc, and the current fillers are moronic too. I'm the kind of person who prefers fillers rather than ending/no episodes, albeit only when it's halfway like the actual series and not ruining/contradicting. Sometimes that crap can be worse than what a eight year old fan could think up.
Old 2009-02-23, 12:49   Link #130
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncreativex View Post
I disagree. While most of the bounto stuff wasn't all that bad, the New Captain season was just redicolous. In addition to all those moronic characters, what's with everyone returning to the Real World/Soul Society from Las Noches? Even if you argue that it's not chronological or even that it's an alternative realityish thing, then why does Ishida use the new bow he introduced first in the Hollow world, and why can Ichigo use the Hollow Mask for more than 11 seconds, which he doesn't learn before Las Noches? The fotball fillers before Pendulum arch was terrible too.

Don't get me wrong, the Naruto fillers suck too, especially the crap with pseudo-Jinchuurikis etc, and the current fillers are moronic too. I'm the kind of person who prefers fillers rather than ending/no episodes, albeit only when it's halfway like the actual series and not ruining/contradicting. Sometimes that crap can be worse than what a eight year old fan could think up.
-_- Why is it such a hard concept to grasp that it's an alternate continuity arc?
Old 2009-02-23, 13:27   Link #131
Kafriel
Senior Guest

TheWanderer is right, instead of making some corny hueco mundo arc of meeting more friendly hollows and infiltrating a hollow colony to save them from an evil arrancar who wanted to kill all hollows they decided to take the characters back to the real world, in their final tier of power-which would be their power level RIGHT BEFORE entering the garganta.You can easily consider all of this happening at that time.
You don't know whether Ichigo could hold his mask for more than 11 seconds when they left for Hueco mundo, because you never saw it since grimmjow's second raid and he didn't use it to its fullest until his first fight with Ulquiorra.
Old 2009-02-23, 17:20   Link #132
sayde

Quote:
I didn't even stop to consider this, but you make a good point.

However, I feel that seeing the rectangular brass shape in the screeny I posted is clear enough. Anime team is well-known for making mistakes, of course :P
Speaking of mistakes, I just came up with one more subtle problem with the pic you posted. Assuming what we see in that picture is the guard portion of Aizen's sword, that would mean the handle of his zanpakto would have to be no longer than the width of his hand since he seems to be holding it right at the guard and we can't see the rest of the handle extending from out of the other side of his hand.

Previous episodes clearly show that the handle of his sword most definitely isn't that short. So for now, I'm tempted to consider the screenshot you posted to be a case of sloppy animation on their part for I believe the guard may actually be a badly drawn hand viewed from an awkward angle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric
Maybe it really is Aizen just using Kidou, thinking about it he probably wouldn't use his sword's abilities so casually.
There's actually a nice plausible theory I once heard stating that Aizen may have purposely used a flawed version of complete hypnosis in order to make Shinji think/feel he's superior. At first it sounded a little too weak for me, but then I considered how this was Aizen we're talking about. So I suppose it's possible.
Old 2009-02-23, 18:30   Link #133
Uncreativex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
You don't know whether Ichigo could hold his mask for more than 11 seconds when they left for Hueco mundo, because you never saw it since grimmjow's second raid and he didn't use it to its fullest until his first fight with Ulquiorra.
I am fairly certain it's explained that it was directly because of coming to the hollow world that both Ichigo and Chad got "power-ups", since their powers are rather hollow-like.

Quote:
-_- Why is it such a hard concept to grasp that it's an alternate continuity arc?
The anime does not present it as such, and while I have the mental capacity to get it, this is one of the first times I've visited the Bleach sub-forum, and as such, this is also the first time someone has declared it an alternative continuity arc for me. The most annoying part is however the fact that it could have been far better, and in the later filler, that some relatively mundane encounter with a common if powerful hollow for example would be far more entertaining than a fotball game.
Old 2009-02-23, 22:25   Link #134
Glacial

Quote:
Previous episodes clearly show that the handle of his sword most definitely isn't that short. So for now, I'm tempted to consider the screenshot you posted to be a case of sloppy animation on their part for I believe the guard may actually be a badly drawn hand viewed from an awkward angle.
Well...good point again :P

I have a counter, though, too. If it was a badly drawn hand, why would the color be so radically different from that of his skin? Also, the grip could be angled in such a way that makes it appear shorter than it really is. After all, his hand does appear to be gripping something cylindrical in shape. Either way, I'm 100% in agreement that this is sloppy drawing on their part (kind of surprising since most people comment that this arc is being done nicely), but I'm hesitant to say it definitely isn't a guard.

Also, at the time of this, his Kyouka Suigetsu is most likely not fully matured (this was over a century ago!) and thus the hypnosis can be flawed enough to not conceal his reiatsu or something. I don't think he used kidou because I have a feeling that if he did, we would know of a spell that creates illusions, and so far, in the manga and anime, we don't.
Old 2009-02-24, 00:06   Link #135
sayde

Quote:
Well...good point again :P

I have a counter, though, too. If it was a badly drawn hand, why would the color be so radically different from that of his skin? Also, the grip could be angled in such a way that makes it appear shorter than it really is. After all, his hand does appear to be gripping something cylindrical in shape.
While I can't honestly say I've come to completely agree with you on the issue, you're opinion seems valid and leaves little room for debate IMO. So I'll just leave it at that.

Quote:
Either way, I'm 100% in agreement that this is sloppy drawing on their part (kind of surprising since most people comment that this arc is being done nicely), but I'm hesitant to say it definitely isn't a guard.
Fair enough.

Quote:
Also, at the time of this, his Kyouka Suigetsu is most likely not fully matured (this was over a century ago!) and thus the hypnosis can be flawed enough to not conceal his reiatsu or something. I don't think he used kidou because I have a feeling that if he did, we would know of a spell that creates illusions, and so far, in the manga and anime, we don't.
Point taken.
Old 2009-02-24, 02:40   Link #136
Alchemist007
*Author

Quote:

Perhaps Shinji may be the only one in the present who knows the tricks of Suigetsu?
*puts on anti-hypno glasses
Old 2009-02-24, 05:07   Link #137
Kafriel
Senior Guest

But its effect can't be countered even if you know about it (at least now), so maybe back then knowing the secret=overcoming the hypnosis, or maybe Shinji also has a kido-based sword with similar abilities and as such he can undestand Aizen's.
Old 2009-02-24, 05:09   Link #138
Alchemist007
*Author

I wonder if Aizen wanted him gone specifically because of that or that he was just another one of his guinea pigs.
Old 2009-02-24, 18:57   Link #139
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Hiyori was ghastly frightening in the past, and she is in the present.

A lovable character with enough spunk and trademark kansai-ben dialect.

Spoiler:
Closed Thread