AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-02-21, 02:12   Link #261
yongshun

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
If you can find a USB to 360 interface converter, I don't have reason to believe it will not work. Besides, it's only US$30.
huh? on Ebay it is listed at 44 USD
yongshun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-21, 02:57   Link #262
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by yongshun View Post
huh? on Ebay it is listed at 44 USD
You're right. I just did a check and found out that almost all the pads had been snatched up and the price of what's remaining had been jacked up. It's fortunate that I've got myself one at US$30 a week prior.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-21, 08:01   Link #263
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfHeaven View Post
Most of my time is playing survival and time attack. Just two more colors and I finally have all ten colors . Will the extra costumes have different colors as well?
All alternates already have their ten colors unlocked when bought. For example I can only select colors 1-4 with Zangief original but his alternate I can go 1-10.

Beauty Pack is up next week, for people curious about Sakura's 3rd alt costume, it's simply color 10 of her alt.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-21, 20:55   Link #264
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
I managed to get up to 1603 with Ken, going to use my second account aka American PSN Store Account to do ranked matches for characters I want to learn. Save myself from getting to 1400 with Ken, going down to 500 with who I'm learning and repeating.

Going to try out C. Viper and Balrog in addition to Cammy and Sakura, I don't think Rose is for me.
Just to update on this I tried out C. Viper for ten matches, 4 wins 6 loses for 202 Battle Points, decided to shelve her until I get a stick due to her moves being cancel heavy. Tried out Balrog for the first time ever and went all the way up to 1655, if I had used my proper account instead I could've been in the 1800-2000+ range My highest with Ken was 1606.. thought it might had been a fluke so I this morning I went back to my proper account and got that up from 1200 to 1600.

Balrog/Boxer is awesome, my new main and I'm nowhere near using him to his full potential. Love his alt costume too, easily my fav alt of the male characters. I destroy shotos with Balrog, have problems with charge characters though... this morning I fought 1 ken... but also 2 hondas, 3 blanks, 1 vega, 3 bisons, 1 chunners and 2 balrogs. I was praying for some matches against ken, ryu and akuma, never fight them when you want to :\

So in short bye bye "Rah rah rah rah rah rah rah rah rah", hello "IT'S TIME!!!"
Old 2009-02-21, 21:02   Link #265
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Balrog/Boxer is awesome, my new main and I'm nowhere near using him to his full potential. Love his alt costume too, easily my fav alt of the male characters.

So in short bye bye "Rah rah rah rah rah rah rah rah rah", hello "IT'S TIME!!!"
See ? I told you he is a Black (pun intended) Horse. His ordinary punches pulls out the most damage and with perfect timing you can use his Turn Punch to counter almost anything. Finally if you can combo him, you will leave people in a daze literally, enough timing to dish out the Super and Ultra.

Too bad, he was about the weakest link in SF II and I will not see people maining him for a very long time.
Old 2009-02-22, 00:19   Link #266
Tornix
The Evil Twin

Send a message via ICQ to Tornix Send a message via AIM to Tornix Send a message via Yahoo to Tornix
Boxer is hardly weak in Super Turbo (HD Remix included). He's one of the best rush down characters in that game.

Quote:
Just to update on this I tried out C. Viper for ten matches, 4 wins 6 loses for 202 Battle Points, decided to shelve her until I get a stick due to her moves being cancel heavy.
Glad I'm not the only one who thinks she needs to be used with a stick.

For anyone that has the SE sticks I suggest doing this. I've already removed the washer on my sticks since I noticed some sticking problems out of the box. The stick moves and feels much better afterward. At least now it's usable until I get some Sanwa parts.
Old 2009-02-22, 00:23   Link #267
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

loled with "El Fuerte"

Funny character
Old 2009-02-22, 00:46   Link #268
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornix View Post
Boxer is hardly weak in Super Turbo (HD Remix included). He's one of the best rush down characters in that game.
Well, I was under the impression that he was since he was one of the easiest CPU to trash and I hardly seen anyone using him back in '91 to '94 where SF II brought about the Arcade rage here in Asia.
Old 2009-02-22, 10:22   Link #269
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Damn, Blanka is as good as he was when I was playing him in the SF2 series (super, turbo, and hd remix included). Near perfect against the shotakan type fighters (part of the reason why I went from 0 to 1500 in a couple of hours)... only times I lost were a couple of times against Sagat, because his super/ultra is way too good, especially as a punisher.

Just a shame they still havent included an anti-crouch guard move for him; I'm expereminting with his forward + triple kick to go behind a crouching enemy with varying degree of success. Maybe I'll experiment more on the focus attacks, but by the time I need it, I'm very hesitant to use it as I'm afraid the better players would punish me by using a super/ultra lol.

And boxer guy is good eh? Might give him a shot, since maining only one character would make me sick and tired of that guy lol. Main reason why I stopped after reaching 1500... too much of a good thing is bad for you.
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-22, 19:51   Link #270
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

The new boss Seth in the game has the lowest Stamina.

Character Stamina (Defense)
Abel 1100
Akuma 850
Balrog (Boxer) 1100
Blanka 1050
C. Viper 900
Cammy 1000
Chun Li 900
Dan 1050
Dhalsim 900
E. Honda 1100
El Fuerte 900
Fei Long 1050
Gen 1000
Gouken 1050
Guile 1000
Ken 1000
M. Bison (Dictator) 1000
Rose 1000
Rufus 1150
Ryu 1000
Sagat 1100
Sakura 1000
Seth 800
Vega (Claw) 1000
Zangief 1200
Old 2009-02-23, 06:43   Link #271
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornix View Post
I saw an old vid of Daigo (famous Ken player in 3rd Strike and has the highest battlepoints in japan with SF IV using Ryu) and Boxer was just flat out nasty...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9XEO...eature=related

Quote:
Glad I'm not the only one who thinks she needs to be used with a stick.
She seems to be very cancel heavy and that's so much easier on a stick imo.

Quote:
For anyone that has the SE sticks I suggest doing this. I've already removed the washer on my sticks since I noticed some sticking problems out of the box. The stick moves and feels much better afterward. At least now it's usable until I get some Sanwa parts.
I'm thinking of just replacing the arcade stick out of the box with the same Sanwa one used in the TE. I'll order that stick and buttons if I ever get confirmation it's shipping.... ffs its really cheap and all (free delivery to Aus, delivery from Play Asia would cost me $80 on top...) but the service is crap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3
And boxer guy is good eh? Might give him a shot, since maining only one character would make me sick and tired of that guy lol. Main reason why I stopped after reaching 1500... too much of a good thing is bad for you.
Oh definitely having more than one main is the way to go, it keeps your options open and prevents things from getting stale. My Boxer dropped from 1669 to 1100 something so I said fuck it and played Dan, dropped to 700... tried out Dictator and got it back up to 1100.

Just before absolutely tore it up with Ken, went from 1100 to 1975 with one lost... was set to one round and 30 seconds and I didn't even notice the time had been changed.. sure the Chun Li player was turtling but that's what they usually do anyway... *sigh* that cost me 108 points

Loving Ken again... him, Boxer and Dictator look to be my mains for this game, would like to add Sakura or Cammy to that but need to work with them more. C.Viper though is the character I want to main the most if possible, not even trying her on a pad like I already said.
Old 2009-02-23, 07:37   Link #272
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Just finished El Fuerte...Man his moves are similar to Guy and Rolento. It's hard to connect with Ultra though...

Also here all the girls alternate outfits! HAWT!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sotv3esWhAg
Old 2009-02-23, 14:21   Link #273
Tornix
The Evil Twin

Send a message via ICQ to Tornix Send a message via AIM to Tornix Send a message via Yahoo to Tornix
Quote:
I saw an old vid of Daigo (famous Ken player in 3rd Strike and has the highest battlepoints in japan with SF IV using Ryu) and Boxer was just flat out nasty...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9XEO...eature=related
Haha, I remember that match. John Choi got Daigo mad and he switched to Boxer. I still remember watching my friend get owned in Alpha 3 by Choi's Ryu. He wasted at least $5 before Choi had to go.

It is WAY easier on a stick to do her cancels (I don't use 3P/3K). I had already decided before the game came out that Viper would be my main. She fits my style with her mind games using her seismo/TK cancels and burning kick 50/50 cross up shenanigans.

So I tried playing on ranking last night with some other characters I'm practicing with (Fei Long, Rose and Cammy) only to get owned left and right. Needless to say, they some need work. At least when I switched to Viper I hardly lost.

Last edited by Tornix; 2009-02-23 at 14:58.
Tornix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-24, 08:12   Link #274
Westlo
Lets be reality

This Ken flowchart is all sorts of awesomeness.

Spoiler:
Old 2009-02-24, 08:44   Link #275
EvilMonkzilla

Send a message via MSN to EvilMonkzilla
Quote:
This Ken flowchart is all sorts of awesomeness.

Spoiler:
i liked
Spoiler:
EvilMonkzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-24, 15:37   Link #276
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilMonkzilla View Post
i liked
Spoiler:
Seth is not cheap at all and I have no idea why so many people have trouble with him. In terms of difficulty, he is probably the most overrated boss I have seen people complaining about. It's true that he has a large arsenal of moves at his disposal but at the same time he takes ridiculous amounts of damage. I would think that so far he is mid-tier at best.

As for me, so far my two main characters are E. Honda and Gouken. Both of them are beasts and can be really dangerous when it comes to rush down. What makes it all the better is that no one really picks them online from what I've seen, so they tend to stand out from the crowd. The next character I am focusing on is Dhalsim.
Old 2009-02-24, 22:23   Link #277
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Bah. As much as I'm loving the 2000+ BP bracket because it's not as dominated by shotos, there really aren't a lot of people you can face above or around the same BP unless its during peak hours. I was actually hoping to break 3k BP before SO4 comes tomorrow for me, but after spending 10 mins to actually get a match (finally, someone who I connected to and didn't boot me), he disconnected after I've handed his butt to him 2-0 in a match of 5.

Well, if it was the first time it happened, I wouldn't have been pissed. But I faced like 4 matches that were out of 5, and 3 of them disconnnects when they know they don't have a chance. Needless to say, I feel like I wasted enough time already today getting nowhere at 2.5k BP.

And don't get me started on the peeps who advertises their matches out of 3, but changes it into 1 once you pressed ready (of course, I exit the lobby right after). Seriously, are some people out there that desperate to get quick BP in the same fashion they unlocked all the characters? >_>
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-24, 22:36   Link #278
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

@DragoonKain3

I assume you are playing it on Live because I've never encountered any of those examples you cited on the PSN.

I even had people trying to add me to their friend list after defeating them and vice versa.
Old 2009-02-25, 02:47   Link #279
Westlo
Lets be reality

I fought a highly rated Akuma (around 2000 bp) yesterday with my Boxer, won a hard fought first round, second round I perfected him, just rushed him completely, he of course disconnected before the 3rd started My mistake was making a best of 5 rounds lobby :\

Funniest vent moment so far was against a 1700 Gief, 5 rounds again and we're at 2-2 with all rounds being close, destroyed him in the 5th and he's like "Holy fuck you just raped me man"

Dragoonkain I wouldn't even bother trying to push from 2k to 3k atm, it's pointless atm since disconnects aren't penalized. I'm gonna sit on my 2k rating for a while and just play people I've got on my friends list, got some really nice Ryu's around 3k on my list and those games are actually fun.

Wait for the Dash/C-E patch to come out, going to make tournaments from people in certain points brackets I heard and hopefully it will improve matchmaking and penalize droppers.
Old 2009-02-25, 03:22   Link #280
Tornix
The Evil Twin

Sounds like some fun matches, man. I'm totally burnt out from facing so many Ryu/Ken's tonight trying to get my BP to 1500. I did have some intense matches near the end with a fellow Viper player and a few against an excellent Guile user. I never did beat that Guile, but got close every match. Next time I play I'll catch up to you guys in the 2K bracket. I've spent too much time unlocking colors and taunts.

Tags
capcom, fighting, ps3, recycling, windows, xbox360