AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-08-22, 11:18   Link #541
klare

wow grandpa was as naughty as the fairies when he was young... does he realise Watashi is the girl that he took the watch from?

still not very sure about the assistant part
Old 2012-08-22, 11:40   Link #542
Ridwan

Frankly I can care less about anything else now that what I hope the most from the series has been declared canon ;p More satireful delight like we saw in the earlier episodes would be nice thou
Old 2012-08-22, 13:11   Link #543
chaos_animagic

wait.. so... the 13 years old went around and "pro-create" with a whole bunch of women?...
I wonder how many he went through...

I bet this is another reason why "mankind declined".. LOL

Cause all Women are now interested in " BL " and " Shota-con "...
chaos_animagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-22, 13:31   Link #544
Blaat

Considering that blue eyes with blonde hair is the stereotypical look of an 'westerner' in anime and with assistant being the last of his tribe I'm wondering if that means that there are no more other 'westerners' left in the world?
Old 2012-08-22, 13:53   Link #545
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
Considering that blue eyes with blonde hair is the stereotypical look of an 'westerner' in anime and with assistant being the last of his tribe I'm wondering if that means that there are no more other 'westerners' left in the world?
Well, considering Gramps was blonde himself before he went grey I kind of doubt it. Besides, we really don't know if that's Joshu-kun's "actual" appearance, since he formed it based on Watashi's mental image.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-22, 14:41   Link #546
Doria

I also like that it addresses why Watashi can "hear" Assistant's thoughts (during the manga arc). I believe back then, she even says something along the lines of, "Oh, so you're thinking the same thing."

If he's based himself (and presumably his personality and thought processes) on what she would like and how she herself thinks, this kind of deep resonance makes sense without having to jump to literal telepathy (though that may still be the case--there certainly isn't enough evidence now to totally preclude that).
Doria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-22, 14:52   Link #547
Blaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Well, considering Gramps was blonde himself before he went grey I kind of doubt it. Besides, we really don't know if that's Joshu-kun's "actual" appearance, since he formed it based on Watashi's mental image.
I saw grandpa's hair colour as sandy brown not blonde. Having said that the idea that Joshu-kun changed his actual appearance to fit the description of Watashi during the tea party never crossed my mind. I simply assumed it was only his personality. Anyway my theory is pretty much busted after checking the Japanese wiki. Apaarently Joshu-kun hair colour in the LN is brown and not blonde.
Old 2012-08-23, 18:57   Link #548
Shadow5YA

Since this is the end of another arc, is there another post-credits scene that Crunchyroll excluded again?
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-26, 04:51   Link #549
Kaylia

Quote:
Originally Posted by fict_ticious View Post
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bootstrap_paradox
TIME PARADOGS.
What a terrible punchline.
Maybe I’m looking too far into this, but I don’t believe that “Time Paradogs” was a mere pun, it was at least one or two level deeper! Let me explain why.

Everyone here probably heard of Schrodinger’s cat thought experiment. You put a cat in a closed box, a quantum event happens, and because of physics laws, it will be both dead and alive at the same time (at different probabilities) . This is the “tldr” version that everyone know, but the real problem is a tad more complex, and was essentially posed in relation to the EPR Paradox and uncertainty principle. Understanding these principles isn’t crucial (anyone can just wiki it for a decent description), but what we need to know is that a few theories (and many sci-fi story) uses that to explain “multiverses” and parallel world.

Wiki even gave us a nice picture to explain the concept!
Spoiler for big image:

The quantum-mechanical “Schrödinger’s cat” paradox according to the many-worlds interpretation. In this interpretation, every event is a branch point. The cat is both alive and dead—regardless of whether the box is opened—but the “alive” and “dead” cats are in different branches of the universe that are equally real but cannot interact with each other.

Okay, that’s a lot of useless talk, but essentially, cats break space-time fabric and create parallel worlds. What else could fix that mess but a dogs?

Of course, I could be completely wrong, but the show already quoted something relatively obscure to people who aren’t well versed in science (Pioneer’s anomaly...which is awesome to read about if you never did), and the writers already proved multiples times they can be clever. That's why I don't think it was a mere pun tossed randomly.

Last edited by Kaylia; 2012-08-26 at 05:09.
Kaylia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-26, 05:02   Link #550
Kaylia

About the episodes order argument from earlier, my understanding is that 7>8>time skip>5>6>1>2>time skip>3>4 is what happened

Why? The change of season, the technological gap (they got cars, printers, electricity), and the disappearance of fairies (inversely proportional to technology afaik), make the episodes 3 and 4 contrast greatly with everything else.

Not to mention that all these “old technologies” had to come from the ruins that were discovered in episode 4-5, and that Watashi thought the Human monument project died (it was started when they discovered the ruins, and canceled when Watashi destroyed the generator). Other episodes are chronologically obvious (with the hair cut, and the assistant not knowing Watashi.

Last edited by Kaylia; 2012-08-26 at 06:13.
Kaylia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-26, 10:59   Link #551
Midonin
Last Engage

End of the World Party 09 - Lord of F(ai)[r/l]ies

Now this is a tale of our castaways
They're here for a moderately long time
They ended up making the best of things
It's an uphill climb
There's phones and lights and motorcars
Every modern luxury
It's not so much Crusoe
It's closer to Disney
If you joined us here this week, my friends
You may have got a smile
From 8,000+1 stranded castaways
Here on the Fairies' Isle

I've been calling her Mai, for lack of a better name, for the past few weeks, but after this week's events, it's probably better suited to call her Mab. Not exactly Gillian, not exactly Lord of the Flies, but more of a history book written in super-condensed form. A history of Atlantis, that is. The Fairies apparently weren't joking when they said you needed cheer to have a nation.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-26, 12:54   Link #552
novalysis

Well, that was an interesting episode, a running commentary on the Protestant Work Spirit, the Robinson Crusoe, Civilization, Industrialization, Pollution and sustainability and Government. One would have wondered how Watashi would have behaved had Grand Strategy Games exist in that world.

Basically, Watshi played Civilization, and ran her Civilization into the ground after a strong start.

Certainly, had Watashi focused on the sustainability angle... (=

This was a very, very fun episode, though with the unfortunate implications that Watashi just wiped out two species into extinction, along with an entire colony of 8000 fairies.

When was this episode chronologically located at?
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-26, 13:40   Link #553
00Coyote

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
Basically, Watshi played Civilization, and ran her Civilization into the ground after a strong start.
She did pretty good at developing her island nation. Her only major fault (besides wanting to be lazy, but we love her for it) was she forgot that fairies always take things to the extreme, and they monumented their nation into oblivion.
00Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-26, 14:03   Link #554
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

All hail Ms Sweets! Queen of the fairies!

Beautiful.
Clever.
Benevolent dictator.

If someone could please make an avatar out of the fairy getting high on narcotics then I'd be much obliged. (That scene was so freaking hilarious)
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-26, 14:08   Link #555
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I'm just in awe of this show. It's unique and amazingly smart.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-26, 14:22   Link #556
Blaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00Coyote View Post
She did pretty good at developing her island nation. Her only major fault (besides wanting to be lazy, but we love her for it) was she forgot that fairies always take things to the extreme, and they monumented their nation into oblivion.
Extreme? They're just doing what all human societies did, is in process of doing or will do in the future (see the Polynesians on Easter Island for a carbon copy example)
Old 2012-08-26, 15:27   Link #557
00Coyote

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
Extreme? They're just doing what all human societies did, is in process of doing or will do in the future (see the Polynesians on Easter Island for a carbon copy example)
Well normal humans tend to take, at the least, a couple of years (usually a few generations) to royally, and irrecoverably screw something up. Fairies did the job in a night. If that's not extreme, I'm not sure what is.

There is a 'The Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire' joke floating around in here, but it eludes me.
00Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-26, 15:31   Link #558
Kaihan
Barrel!
*Graphic Designer

My favourite episode so far, depressed fairies + MC was hilarious. The amount of english they used in this episode as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
If someone could please make an avatar out of the fairy getting high on narcotics then I'd be much obliged. (That scene was so freaking hilarious)
The highlight of this episode, it just came out of nowhere.

Second avatar is a bit darker.

Current Sig
Sinanju(Poco)

Last Sig
Mimi

Kuon
Kaihan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-26, 17:02   Link #559
Blaat

Quote:
Well normal humans tend to take, at the least, a couple of years (usually a few generations) to royally, and irrecoverably screw something up. Fairies did the job in a night. If that's not extreme, I'm not sure what is.

There is a 'The Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire' joke floating around in here, but it eludes me.
It took them eight days actually, not in a single night, you can see the forest getting smaller with each passing day. The scale is obviously smaller, both in terms of time and size of the country but the effects are exactly the same.
Old 2012-08-26, 17:16   Link #560
Jasque

Fantastic episode ^^

Spoiler:

Quote:

If the humans had the same power, don't you think they would do exactly the same?

It doesn't matter if days or years, in the end they fairies are just human with more evolution capacity... thus, more destruction capacity!
(just like I said above)
Jasque is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, shounen