AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-02-19, 10:30   Link #221
EmagEvil

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiroiRyu View Post
http://www.manga-news.com/index.php/...Ga-chez-Tonkam

For no french guys :

HOLY SHIT !
Published in France for 2013 march.
... Update : It's scheduled for april 2013 now...

... But still, it will a blast to read it in French!!!
Old 2013-02-19, 10:50   Link #222
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

so we have a bad guy who just pops in and owned everyone then leaves.

Lets just go back to comedy centered chapters plz
Old 2013-02-19, 11:54   Link #223
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
Man, Ichiko asking Momiji to live with her was full of HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGG
Old 2013-02-19, 12:16   Link #224
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
He looks like the final boss to me...
I do wonder, in the translated notes the author says he originally created Botan tobe the final boss, ATM Ikari looks like the final boss, but I would not be surprised if the author already has another boss after Ikari is defeated.
Old 2013-02-20, 23:38   Link #225
philip72

Does anyone know what Binbougami's popularity is like in Japan?

I thought it would be good, but I noticed lately that there's been (comparatively) little fanart on Pixiv, and almost no doujinshi. Comiket 82 & 83 had pretty much nothing.
I found this fairly odd considering it's a fanservicey Jump Square manga with an anime to boot.

Did the mangaka piss off touchy otaku somehow?
Old 2013-02-21, 00:10   Link #226
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogon_bat View Post
I do wonder, in the translated notes the author says he originally created Botan tobe the final boss, ATM Ikari looks like the final boss, but I would not be surprised if the author already has another boss after Ikari is defeated.
I would be surprised. The current arc is not even funny anymore......
Old 2013-02-22, 12:28   Link #227
KaguraSenju
Quiet.

Best part of the chapter was when Ichiko basically asked Momiji to live with her...

Tsuwabuki? HA! MomiKo is OTP!

/returnstofantasyland.
Old 2013-02-26, 10:58   Link #228
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

The latest chapter to be fan translated (albeit most of the chapter required no translation) show what I knew all along

Spoiler for Ranmaru is going to get HUGE:
Old 2013-03-01, 05:00   Link #229
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Hello manga reader's, can you direct me which chapter to start for the ending of the anime?

I haven't seen any advisement or news of a squeal
Old 2013-03-01, 05:14   Link #230
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansonbee View Post
Hello manga reader's, can you direct me which chapter to start for the ending of the anime?

I haven't seen any advisement or news of a squeal
Start on chapter 20.
Old 2013-03-01, 06:27   Link #231
ShiroiRyu

:megusta: Three Digits.
Old 2013-03-02, 07:29   Link #232
bastek66

Chapter 69 raws are out
Spoiler for spoiler:
Old 2013-03-02, 08:18   Link #233
runset

Quote:
Originally Posted by bastek66 View Post
Chapter 69 raws are out
Spoiler for spoiler:
Spoiler for the other:
Old 2013-03-02, 12:16   Link #234
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

That was cute X3
Spoiler for ch 69:
Old 2013-03-15, 07:05   Link #235
ShiroiRyu

Loved the chapter.
Because i love this artifact god.
Old 2013-03-15, 21:18   Link #236
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Anyone think that Momiji was originally designed to be the main male character of the series? Or at least her default archetypes supposed to be a male character,and was gender bended to produce a more unique dynamic to the story?

If that was the case, that will explain why readers can hardly relate themselves to Keita's character. He is pretty much a Mary Sue of this series, who is a noble bread-winner for his family; has a whole harem following his path without even trying, and always can act cool in front of the girls
Old 2013-03-15, 23:30   Link #237
bastek66

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Anyone think that Momiji was originally designed to be the main male character of the series? Or at least her default archetypes supposed to be a male character,and was gender bended to produce a more unique dynamic to the story?
I don't think so. Ichiko always seemed more for main character.

Quote:
If that was the case, that will explain why readers can hardly relate themselves to Keita's character.
He is pretty much a Mary Sue of this series, who is a noble bread-winner for his family; has a whole harem following his path without even trying,
and always can act cool in front of the girls
Why anyone need to relate to him? He isn't main character.
Almost everyone there have MS traits. Besides he has terrible bad luck. So he is least MS.
Last is stupid. He never seem to about acting cool.
Old 2013-03-15, 23:58   Link #238
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by bastek66 View Post
I don't think so. Ichiko always seemed more for main character.

Why anyone need to relate to him? He isn't main character.
Almost everyone there have MS traits. Besides he has terrible bad luck. So he is least MS.
Last is stupid. He never seem to about acting cool.
It is a shounen series, at least one of two main characters has to be a guy!!
Actually it's pretty accurate to describe shounen isn't it,.... bet you can't list more than ten series in the history of manga that does not.

Wait, what? So we have a character who is poor, who never actually tried to increase his fighting strength, or mastermind out good ending for others. But somehow still can kick ass by borrowing other artifacts, and becomes the affection target for almost every female character in the story. And he is the one with least Mary Sue traits in your dictionary? The fact that he does not even try to look cool, but still always was portrayed as such by the author, shouldn't that prove my point?

And what if i tell you the author of Binbougami ga! also has the poor childhood, has lots of siblings, has to work lots of part time job before getting famous. Will you also said that he is not a Mary Sue character?

I lied of course, but the author background should not affect your thought process here, isn't it?
Old 2013-03-16, 00:40   Link #239
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Quote:

If that was the case, that will explain why readers can hardly relate themselves to Keita's character. He is pretty much a Mary Sue of this series, who is a noble bread-winner for his family; has a whole harem following his path without even trying, and always can act cool in front of the girls
I don't think we're supposed to related to keita at all, you're right he is pretty lauded in the series, but I think that's the role he's supposed to fulfill.

Also, as for the question about Momiji, I don't believe that's true either. Actually, I believe the author had the idea for her character before he even came up with this series.
At the end of the first volume, there's an omake chapter which looks like a oneshot for another manga. The main character was some guy and momiji was also present as her usual self.
This might make it why you feel Momiji is the main character, she is more active than Ichiko is. Momiji basically keeps the ball rolling most of the time, and seeing as the author
had her in mind as a character for some time now, it stands to reason that he want to make her really important. I'd say they're co-main characters, but Ichiko gets the main spotlight
because she's the one that the development revolves around. It most likely predates binbougami ga! because the character art seemed much rougher.
Weird that we didn't translate it yet... might have to get on that.

Last edited by Kurosu; 2013-03-16 at 00:52.
Old 2013-03-16, 01:03   Link #240
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosu View Post
I don't think we're supposed to related to keita at all, you're right he is pretty lauded in the series, but I think that's the role he's supposed to fulfill.

Also, as for the question about Momiji, I don't believe that's true either. Actually, I believe the author had the idea for her character before he even came up with this series.
At the end of the first volume, there's an omake chapter which looks like a oneshot for another manga. The main character was some guy and momiji was also present as her usual self.
This might make it why you feel Momiji is the main character, she is more active than Ichiko is. Momiji basically keeps the ball rolling most of the time, and seeing as the author
had her in mind as a character for some time now, it stands to reason that he want to make her really important. I'd say they're co-main characters, but Ichiko gets the main spotlight
because she's the one that the development revolves around. It most likely predates binbougami ga! because the character art seemed much rougher.
Weird that we didn't translate it yet... might have to get on that.
I won't be wrong if Momiji actually absorb that guy role (originally belong to the guy you mentioned) into her character as the author develop into his final story.

If you think about it, a gender-bender version of Momiji will only need a few modification, before can be fit right into the story. But for any other characters (Ichiko, Ranmaru, Keita) if their gender was flipped, the whole story dynamic will be changed

Tags
comedy, shounen