AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2012-11-09, 18:41   Link #61
solidguy
I'm not a tumor

Maybe if Gai drinks some hero water and takes 3 Akamichi pills while going 8 gates he can defeat the entire uchiha's. Even better if he borrows tenten's scrolls
solidguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-09, 20:05   Link #62
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
if Guy goes to 8th gate, will he be able to beat Madara?
He just did the 7 gates, and we know what happened after he did that against Kisame. He can probably fight a little bit more before passing out. Or if he decides to be a hero ( not a trash ) then he must quickly open the final gate before he collapses, so i guess it must happen in the next chapter. I think he has probably plot shield, since nobody dies in this war, so unless Naruto can magically save his life he won't open the 8th gate. The only way i see him dying is if in the next chapter Lee and the others arrive and they need to be saved and the author decides that the story needs another farewell sensei moment.

Of course if he does open the 8th he will only be able to stop Madara for one chapter so that he becomes the hero of that one chapter, then in the next Madara will be back again. Madara is now much stronger than when he fought the 1st hokage: he can now do the ultimate wood jutsu that was used to defeat him, he can now regenerate almost instantly, he has infinite chakra so wearing him down with a long fight doesn't work, and he has all the powers of the rinnegan. Against the 5 kages he didn't even bother to use all his power, so Gai definitely has no chance even if he opens all gates.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-10, 03:48   Link #63
GrahamAker
狙撃する準備ができ

Send a message via Yahoo to GrahamAker
Only thing that can stop him are the sealing corps and shiki fuujin jutsu (sandaime and yondaime hokage used it)
Old 2012-11-10, 09:33   Link #64
drulo

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrahamAker View Post
Only thing that can stop him are the sealing corps and shiki fuujin jutsu (sandaime and yondaime hokage used it)

That is if they cant secure him in one place
Old 2012-11-10, 14:15   Link #65
TimeMask
Phantom Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
if Guy goes to 8th gate, will he be able to beat Madara?
We don't know how strong 8th gate Guy would be but if even if he could damage Madara enough he would need someone else to seal Madara unless the 8th gate gave him a sealing jutsu of some kind.
TimeMask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-10, 14:55   Link #66
Sasukemaru
Banned

If anyone thinks gai has even a slim chance of beating madara then they have no idea how manga work...

That would be like tien beating cell...it aint going to happen, the best 8 gate gai could do is slightly annoy madara for a minute or two before madara decides to own him and bee, and naruto simultaneously.

Edit: random thought, bee in his transformed state sucks balls...he was a lot more badass fighting in human form.
Sasukemaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-11, 03:32   Link #67
HasuMasu
*Artist

^ Has he used Kamehameha in this fight yet?

Can't remember...not that it could do anything but still.

But yeah, he's doing a whole lot of nothing right now.
Old 2012-11-11, 11:48   Link #68
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
Kishimoto said Madara did not have a weakness. This current group has zero chance against him. It is going to take an army and a heel/face turn by Obito to stop Madara.

Gai and Kirabi are just window dressing since the fight is about Kakashi and Naruto. Unless Kishi wants Madara to take out Kirabi. As someone pointed out Gai is like Tien. Tien went all out and was able to delay a less powerful Cell for a minute. Gai went 7 gates(which last time almost crippled him) and knocked away Susanoo for a brief moment. Lesser characters like Tien and Gai do not beat characters like Cell or Madara.

Gai will not open the 8 gates. He is not dying. He will likely pass the torch to his team when they get there. At least that is what should happen. For some reason Gai looks ridiculously more powerful than his team. I really liked how Kishi wrote Asuma passing the torch to Shikamaru. Kakashi also did this with Naruto. Kurenai never did this with Team 8, but nobody cares about them. Time for Gai to do the same with Lee, Neji, and 1010.

BTW, someone compiled what Kakashi has done in this war.

1. Raikiri
2. Raikiri
3. Raiton infused sword
4. Raikiri
5. Kage Bunshin no Jutsu (he complains about his chakra level after this. )
6. Lightning Chain
7. Lightning Chain
8. Kage Bunshin no Jutsu
9. Attempted Kamui
10. Raiton infused Kunai
11. Kamui
12. Kamui
13. Kamui
14. Doryuuheki
15. Kamui - First time he uses it on himself
16. Raikiri

Just remember this when Kishi has some character state they cannot do anything due to a lack of chakra.
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-11, 16:11   Link #69
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquiorra View Post
Gai will not open the 8 gates. He is not dying.
He doesn't have to die after using the 8 gates. I'm really interested what could the 8 gates do, it was mentioned so many times so it should be used at some point. After that someone could save Gai, for example Naruto using the chakra received from all the demons might do something magical.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-11, 17:42   Link #70
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Guy definitely has a chance of dying in this fight by using the eight gates, But maybe after the fight between Obito and kakashi is over.
Old 2012-11-11, 18:56   Link #71
Essenar
Fallen Angel

Send a message via AIM to Essenar
Quote:
As much as I would love to see Orochimaru troll everyone and become Final Villain, he was likely only brought back to provide exposition for Sasuke. And then once his role has been fulfilled, will be discarded by Sasuke after Oro tries for that teenage boy body one last time.

It looks like none of Sannin will survive to see Naruto's HappyLand after the ninja system is changed.
This post wins my vote for 'most likely NOT going to happen' award.

Orochimaru is such a complex individual, I always felt like his 'end' with Sasuke wasn't fulfilling. It was a cluster mess of "Sharingan > You" and I feel like Orochimaru is sealed in more people. He very likely found a way of immortality by being able to resurrect from his cursed seals.

I have a feeling Sasuke is going to use the scroll to revive the Uchiha clan with Edo Tensei so he can ask them the truth about the coup de tat, why they wanted to take over the Leaf Village and what Madara means to them. Once that happens, there's no way Orochimaru attacks Sasuke as in his current form, he would get obliterated. I see him riding into the sunset to attack another day and Sasuke not pursuing him.

Most plausible outcomes of the Madara boss fight:
Tsunade dies reviving the 5 kage. This is a must at this point. She's outlived her purpose and we need a Hokage vacancy.
5 kage, fully charged, join the fight against Madara along with all of the Alliance shinobi. They don't matter, but the significance of their presence will be valuable with turning Obito.
Obito turning won't be the end of Madara, but the end of Obito. His death will somehow teach the Alliance a way to stop him. Nothing will beat Madara but sheer brute force. But when Obito gives Kakashi his right eye, we'll have Kage-level Kakashi.

I somehow imagine Sasuke fighting against Madara to avenge the Uchiha name, when the fallen clansmen reveal to Sasuke that Madara was really a traitor to the Uchiha name and orchestrated their fall, to prevent them from trying to stop him when his Tsuki no Me plan came to attrition. We can safely assume the Uchiha wouldn't take part in that plan. We've learned at this point that the only way to beat Uchiha is with Uchiha.

However, Sasuke's joining the fight against Madara will not change his choice to destroy Konoha.
Essenar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-12, 11:19   Link #72
Sasukemaru
Banned

^^^ Obito won't be redeemed in all likely hood, and if he is why would he give kakashi his right eye? A even better question, why would kakashi accept it?

If kakashi had 2 sharingan, he would have to keep both his eyes closed his whole life unless he is in battle, and his chakra would drain twice as fast in battle. So instead of making kakashi twice as powerful, two sharingan would actually make him half as powerful...

Sasuke teaming up with the alliance to stop the original uchiha avenger? Very unlikely...It would be much more plausible for madara to recognize sasuke as his true successor before he is finally sealed.. Orochimaru surviving the entire manga to live in naruto's peaceful world? Just no....
btw...that was oros last cursed seal he had out there...

Basically...i couldn't disagree more with everything you had to say...
Sasukemaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-12, 17:27   Link #73
Nintendo
start thinkin bout clones

Send a message via AIM to Nintendo
Only way kakashi gets the eye is if its to replace the one he currently has as he "might" be going blind with it. And I say might because its been shown by sasuke that the more you use it the more it fades and kakashi been using it constantly this battle and it has yet to show any fade of color or have we seen any distortion from his point of view.
Old 2012-11-12, 19:46   Link #74
Methuselah
Payback is a b*t#8, huh?

Quote:
Kishimoto said Madara did not have a weakness. This current group has zero chance against him. It is going to take an army and a heel/face turn by Obito to stop Madara.

Gai and Kirabi are just window dressing since the fight is about Kakashi and Naruto. Unless Kishi wants Madara to take out Kirabi. As someone pointed out Gai is like Tien. Tien went all out and was able to delay a less powerful Cell for a minute. Gai went 7 gates(which last time almost crippled him) and knocked away Susanoo for a brief moment. Lesser characters like Tien and Gai do not beat characters like Cell or Madara.

Gai will not open the 8 gates. He is not dying. He will likely pass the torch to his team when they get there. At least that is what should happen. For some reason Gai looks ridiculously more powerful than his team. I really liked how Kishi wrote Asuma passing the torch to Shikamaru. Kakashi also did this with Naruto. Kurenai never did this with Team 8, but nobody cares about them. Time for Gai to do the same with Lee, Neji, and 1010.

BTW, someone compiled what Kakashi has done in this war.

1. Raikiri
2. Raikiri
3. Raiton infused sword
4. Raikiri
5. Kage Bunshin no Jutsu (he complains about his chakra level after this. )
6. Lightning Chain
7. Lightning Chain
8. Kage Bunshin no Jutsu
9. Attempted Kamui
10. Raiton infused Kunai
11. Kamui
12. Kamui
13. Kamui
14. Doryuuheki
15. Kamui - First time he uses it on himself
16. Raikiri

Just remember this when Kishi has some character state they cannot do anything due to a lack of chakra.
Congratz you broke the plot.

Not to mention about Naruto where few chapters ago he was bleeding from his mouth and forhead from using the 9tails chakra alot. Now he is all energetic and without a scratch still fighting.
Methuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-12, 20:56   Link #75
Nintendo
start thinkin bout clones

Send a message via AIM to Nintendo
Will of fire yo
Old 2012-11-13, 14:53   Link #76
Jpmartinez

Can't predict how sasuke will react after his meeting whith the ones that supposdly hold the truth. He might just help the allience but not to save knoha or naruto but for some other purpose it all depends what the truth is and how he reacts to it. For now i had enough of judging the manga i am just going to sit back and enjoy it. People aren't patient thats their problem they would like everything to be explain right away and if everything was explain then we will still have people complaining about that also. Huh stisfaction isn't something people like to get to, peple rather seek and not find anything than finding what they seek and then end up not knowing what to do next.
Jpmartinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-13, 16:23   Link #77
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I'm more interested in what the truth actually is.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-14, 00:43   Link #78
james0246

I'm tired, so I made the 609 thread a little early this week...please move all relevant discussions to the new thread.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion