AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2007-08-30, 16:24   Link #1
Animexcel

Can't Log in my Computer =(

When the list of accounts show up, I'm able to move the arrow around, but I try clicking on the icon to log in and it doesn't do it. This started when my computer froze and I forced to shut it down. Can somebody help?

Animexcel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-30, 16:36   Link #2
Gundam Zero Force

oh dear . . .that doesn't look good

I seems like something in the sytem user is corrupted or messed up. On my old pc I had a similar issues with freezing. While I was able to fix the issue I had to create a new account and transfer all my stuff over to get everything back to normal.

When you computer starts you shoud try and press F1 and see if you can fix the solution in there. I remember doing that a few times. Someone with more knowledge in that area could be of more help.
Gundam Zero Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-30, 17:08   Link #3
TakutoKun
Mew Member
*IT Support

That does not look right at all. Have you tried logging in through Safe Mode? (Press F5 during Startup)
TakutoKun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-30, 18:32   Link #4
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Thanks for including the video. As matradley suggested, try logging in via Safe Mode. If that doesn't work, I'd recommend repairing your Windows install. The procedure to do this is roughly as follows:

Insert your Windows XP CD (if you're using a Dell or some such thing, it may be called a Factory/SYstem Restore CD)
Proceed through the Windows Installer. When it brings you to a screen asking where to install, select your Windows XP partition (this may be the only selectable option if you only have a single hard drive and have not partitioned it), and then press "r" to repair the install.

Repairing the install won't touch your files. Unlike doing a full reinstall, you shouldn't need to reinstall any programs, either.

If you have a system restore disc, be careful. Some of them won't let you access the Windows installer as usual, but will insist on formatting your computer (deleting everything) and setting it up as it was when you first bought it. If it's going to do this, it may be written on the disc, but for certain it should prompt you when it first loads up. Don't do it if that's the case. Instead, find someone with a Windows XP CD that you can borrow.
Old 2007-08-30, 19:26   Link #5
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Quote:
That does not look right at all. Have you tried logging in through Safe Mode? (Press F5 during Startup)
Isn't it F8?

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-30, 21:34   Link #6
jpwong

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingKnight View Post
Isn't it F8?
It can be both, F5 is sometimes mapped as just the Safe Mode button, whereas F8 will bring up the selection menu so that you can get all available options such as Safe Mode w/Network, or Command Prompt, or DSM, etc.
Old 2007-08-31, 05:24   Link #7
teachopvutru
Urusai~Urusai~Urusai~

Actually, before any of that, why not see first if the button on your mice is not broken? (probably not likely, but still... unless you already did check)

"FOUND YOU!" ~Taiga
teachopvutru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-31, 14:14   Link #8
TakutoKun
Mew Member
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem View Post
Thanks for including the video. As matradley suggested, try logging in via Safe Mode. If that doesn't work, I'd recommend repairing your Windows install. The procedure to do this is roughly as follows:

Insert your Windows XP CD (if you're using a Dell or some such thing, it may be called a Factory/SYstem Restore CD)
Proceed through the Windows Installer. When it brings you to a screen asking where to install, select your Windows XP partition (this may be the only selectable option if you only have a single hard drive and have not partitioned it), and then press "r" to repair the install.

Repairing the install won't touch your files. Unlike doing a full reinstall, you shouldn't need to reinstall any programs, either.

If you have a system restore disc, be careful. Some of them won't let you access the Windows installer as usual, but will insist on formatting your computer (deleting everything) and setting it up as it was when you first bought it. If it's going to do this, it may be written on the disc, but for certain it should prompt you when it first loads up. Don't do it if that's the case. Instead, find someone with a Windows XP CD that you can borrow.
Very good answer. I support this answer too. It is called "Install in-place."
TakutoKun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-31, 15:11   Link #9
muyg

You can try the following at the login screen: Use the Ctrl+Alt+Del combo twice. I know in the XP Pro this should bring you to the classic login. If that does work, then do in place install like the others mentioned.
muyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-31, 16:06   Link #10
arcadeplayer987

Repaire the windows with a cd-boot
arcadeplayer987 is offline   Reply With Quote