AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-08-24, 19:04   Link #1481
Foreshadow
Nyaa~

You seem to have very selective memory about my posts. If It doesn't pertain to PL! I suggest we drop it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manji Midou View Post
That's funny l don't recall saying you did....hmm what where my exact words...
If you don't add names to the quotes How the hell am i supposed to know who you're quoting. You have my name on the Above quotes and none on the ones below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manji Midou View Post
l don't see your name being mention, please don't play dumb and pretend you didn't know who l was quoting there. You come out looking like a hypocrite for calling me out on me calling someone out who l considered was bashing a character who was voicing his opinion. While not a few posts ago l give you my opinion with facts to back them.... negative/positive whatever they be they are still my opinion with facts to back them up.... yet you called it character bashing.

Hypocrite? very much so.
Where do I advocate that Slick_Rick's post is the same opinion as mine? Where do I even say it's acceptable. please, show me, you obviously think so.

We were talking about Charlotte and her decisions. You immediately retort with Criticism of Sylvia. I fail to see how that isn't Bashing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zato_1one View Post
No, she can't do that because of the great maiden's pact in episode 6. This is how the series tied the loose end. That cursed pact gave the right for Charlotte to take Teppei with no guilty. Silvia can't do anything to Charlotte. The only option for her is to take action and shows her affection to Teppei. And wish that he will choose her later. The problem is that, I think, she is already too late. Furthermore, she and Seika (not sure about Yuu) seemed to admit defeated already in episode 7. I remember that they were mumbling about the pact when they saw Charlotte and Teppei. Which means that they've already accepted Charlotte x Teppei. If they still want to keep the pact then I really can't see the light for them.
The Maidens pact only says that whoever Teppei Chooses they won't be bitter about it. It's not like she would directly confront her anyway (well there is that possibility in the future). That was my Hope for Sylvia's character improvement anyway. She's really too hesitant.
Foreshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-24, 19:13   Link #1482
kujoe
from head to heel

I think it's a mistake to introduce Charlotte's fiance and give him a little air of mystery to make him somewhat suspicious. If he turns out to be the villain all along, then making a choice is easy.

For a princess who carries responsibilities and desires of her own, the choice between "duty and love" is more of a gray area than "protagonist and bad guy". Granted, Charlotte isn't really interested in the guy, but the story would practically 'make the choice' for her because it's now blatantly justifiable. Positing the fiance as the villain would be such a cop out.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-24, 22:21   Link #1483
justavisitor

a question here, I rewatched ep 7 again, and seems like Sylvia is not asking Charlotte about her fiance..Sylvia actually cares more about those nuclear warhead..and seems like Charlotte is hiding something

So Sylvia is not asking Charlotte about her fiance at all....
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-24, 22:49   Link #1484
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
a question here, I rewatched ep 7 again, and seems like Sylvia is not asking Charlotte about her fiance..Sylvia actually cares more about those nuclear warhead..and seems like Charlotte is hiding something

So Sylvia is not asking Charlotte about her fiance at all....
Sylvia did ask about her fiance but Charlotte down played it and didnt really want to talk about it Sylvia basically said "dont u have something to say to me? Charlotte started talking about her breakfast or something then finally said "is it about Haltmen? "im sorry i kept this from you" the key point of that conversation was Sylvia saying "is that all you have?" Charlotte looked confused and said huh? but Sylvia let it go because she felt the nuclear facility was more important. However there was obviously more Sylvia wanted to say because she looked really irritated.
Old 2009-08-24, 22:57   Link #1485
justavisitor

Thanks for clearing this up

But then,right after that "huh?", Sylvia says, "Well these things (fiance) are not that abnormal" and changes to the topic of those warhead..so to me, she was expecting some info about those warheads when she asked "Don't u have something to say to me"..a bit confusing in that scene

But Charlotte is hiding something, I just don't know whether it's that fiance or warhead

@kujoe
Sry, I meant Charlotte...I fixed my sentence
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-24, 23:00   Link #1486
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
But Sylvia is hiding something, I just don't know whether it's that fiance or warhead
What are you talking about? Silvia is hiding a fiance? What?
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-25, 02:11   Link #1487
NateFate
Just A Newbie Animers

Send a message via Yahoo to NateFate
can i req a moe or kawaii sylvie von hossen pic?

but i hope not in ecchi
NateFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-25, 11:10   Link #1488
Wrath88
Kissing...

It's not easy, NateFate. Different people have somewhat different definition of moe, and given how the characters are drawn, the closest you can come to kawaii for Sylvia is an SD one.

Watched the raw for 8, and well... lately my sense of good/bad is screwed up, I just watch and accept what I'm seeing, so I can't exactly say much as a review. One thing I CAN say is that the jokes are somewhat funny due to the disparity of the thing compared to the supposed tension. (What sort of idiot attempts to kick a missile? And the pursuers bikes seem to share the same model look as Teppei's, so is there an Arima Group insider?)
Old 2009-08-26, 13:55   Link #1489
qwertyman
Izumi is the best!

Just watched episode 8 subbed...

... I'm not sure what to say. I'm going to stop watching this series.
qwertyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-26, 16:06   Link #1490
Nerroth
NePoi!

I can't say I was overly impressed by episode 8 either.

Spoiler for stuff:
Old 2009-08-26, 16:24   Link #1491
Fishfood1

i found the show is more enjoyable when it's not so-serious. when it take things seriously like those in epi 7 and 8... it wasn't as much fun as the first 6 epis.

roof>bed
Fishfood1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-26, 16:48   Link #1492
Yuutsu

Regarding this episode. --------------> @.@
Yuutsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-26, 16:52   Link #1493
cyberdemon

i personally enjoyed this episode, nice to see something both serious and goofy at the same time. What's with Charlotte's dance in the preview though. LOL!
cyberdemon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-26, 16:55   Link #1494
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I've never taken this show seriously since the start, so yeah this episode was just one big laugh. Though i'm not surprised at the anger some people have towards this episode, especially with how serious the issues are with the story (mainly the death of Teppei's parents).

Will admit that this episode was a mess though. What you get when you can't balance serious drama with goofy antics.
Old 2009-08-26, 17:03   Link #1495
zeth006

NOTE: No spoilers here, left out the crucial details

1. Respect for Yuu went up. Not to resort to "maid stereotypes,"
but she's proven to be really reliable. I guess we can now say
none of the members of Teppei's harem *ahem* I mean female friends
are useless in the least. I like.

2. Crotch kick - I feel for ya...happens too often to me...

3. I never took this series too seriously to begin with, so my expectations weren't really ruined. Yeah, it's got the goof. But we have to remember this is a romance/comedy/harem/slightly ecchi anime. Take it for what it's worth, with a grain a of salt.
zeth006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-26, 20:44   Link #1496
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
I have to say...this episode was disappointing. The public bath/spa episode was better. It felt very rushed.
Old 2009-08-26, 21:31   Link #1497
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
I have to say...this episode was disappointing. The public bath/spa episode was better. It felt very rushed.
Yes. It could have been a lot better. It had its moments, but they were few and far.
Old 2009-08-26, 22:04   Link #1498
puretsundere
Tachibana Isana

I have to say overall I'm enjoying the series, but I prefer the non-serious episodes over the serious ones so far. The seemingly forced bits of humor with the henchmen and the powers of the bike's "legs" take away from the supposed tense atmosphere of a hostile takeover. It wasn't necessary and worse, it wasn't really funny. I'm intrigued to see where the story goes from here, but it doesn't seem to me like its serious episodes (especially 8) are up to par with its less serious counterparts right now.

And, just for the record, still like Yuu the most out of the four girls.
Old 2009-08-26, 22:26   Link #1499
zato_1one

So far, my most favorite is Magical Girl Maria.
Old 2009-08-27, 01:57   Link #1500
Kinku
Hate a Hater.Love a Lover

Send a message via MSN to Kinku
is it me or the music start of ep 8 where all those solider took over the hotel sounded like metal gear solid game music?

Tags
comedy, ecchi, eroge, romance, seinen