AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Old 2009-06-27, 06:57   Link #341
Da~Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovelessleia View Post
hiya
i mostly buy my manga from amazon sellers or http://www.discountanimedvd.com.
Oh it's nostalgic to see someone list this online shop, which sold tonnes of bootleg crap but their manga was all the official stuff and was permanently on a 25% discount (~$7 USD per book). Too bad they've been shut down for their unprincipled ways by Funimation. They had an extensive selection and great prices while they were around.

And how come no one mentioned http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/ ???
They're a great online shop to buy from, especially if you want stuff that you can't necessarily get readily in the UK (or any other non-US country for that matter). Great prices and low shipping costs too.

One thing I don't like about buying from Amazon.co.uk is that the books I get tend to end up rather bent or in shabby condition... Hasn't been the case with ANY OTHER book I've bought from them, just manga...
I've never bought manga from them since as I like my books to be in immaculate condition (preferably shrink wrapped).

Another good site to look for Japanese manga and fan related things is http://www.animaxis.com/en/index.asp

You'll find quite an extensive selection of things that may never be licensed or imported by other major retailers. One thing to note though is that their titles or the names of the authors may be spelt differently the way the Japanese romanized the kana but if you keep in mind how the Japanese would romanise their kana (like in any Kodansha Japanese dictionary with romanji), then you should have no problems.

Oh and kuroishinigami, Kinokuniya have an excellent selection of manga/light novels so even if you can't find them in a store, try asking the information desk whether they can order the book for you or you could even search for it yourself on their website (much harder because of inconsistent romanization and title listing). Hope that helps.

Last edited by Da~Mike; 2009-06-27 at 06:59. Reason: typos
Da~Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-12, 15:17   Link #342
Solafighter
Hige

Mh i got some issues to find the novels of "5 Centimeter per second".

Can someone please help me, where i can find it(in english), please?

That would be very helpfull.

Thanks a lot ahead.
Old 2009-07-17, 15:46   Link #343
EvaForever

Does any one know if this store is legitimate?Its called Ultimate Anime. http://www.ultimateanimeshop.com/index.asp
EvaForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-02, 22:19   Link #344
dhenyl06

I don't know about that place. They sell "import" DVDs with English/Chinese subtitles. The DVDs are hard to locate on their site you have to go to the manga of the series and it will say "customers who bought these also bought" and it lists DVD sets for cheap. Don't know if they are considered "bootleg" or not.
dhenyl06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-07, 18:57   Link #345
Kuroi Neko

Send a message via ICQ to Kuroi Neko
Question

Hello, I'm from Czech Republic (small country in Europe)
I love manga - I have more than 150 volumes at home, but still I'm searching for some volumes for completed series in my colection.

Do you anybody know where can I buy (new or used and in Enghlish):
Pet shop of Horrors (not Tokyo, I want the old serie) vol. 5 - 10
Revolutionary Girl Utena vol. 5 (To Blossom)?

I found sometimes these volumes what I want, but there weren't shipping to my country or there were so expensive that was horrible (start at 60$ for one volume + shipping and handling about 20$ or more)

Thank you for your answers
Kuroi Neko / Black Cat
Kuroi Neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-10, 07:29   Link #346
Da~Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhenyl06 View Post
I don't know about that place. They sell "import" DVDs with English/Chinese subtitles. The DVDs are hard to locate on their site you have to go to the manga of the series and it will say "customers who bought these also bought" and it lists DVD sets for cheap. Don't know if they are considered "bootleg" or not.
Unfortunately, as a general rule of thumb, if you see a DVD being sold as an "import" with English/Chinese subtitles, it is almost definitely a bootleg.

Rather than me typing it all out, check out this site:
http://web.archive.org/web/200708230...piratefaq.html

That webpage has been up for as long as I remember (and when I wanted to check if I had bought a bootleg). It's a very informative site about bootleg DVDs that primarily come from China (or China and Taiwan from another POV).
Da~Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-05, 07:27   Link #347
sekirei

Does anyone know where to buy sekirei paperback manga in english version? Been looking for it for weeks but can't find it. Any ideas please TELL ME!
sekirei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-05, 12:35   Link #348
lightl

pretty sure there no english book release yet.
lightl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-08, 21:56   Link #349
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sekirei View Post
Does anyone know where to buy sekirei paperback manga in english version? Been looking for it for weeks but can't find it. Any ideas please TELL ME!
The manga series has not been licensed by any English publishers.
fict_ticious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-20, 15:31   Link #350
EvaForever

what other online stores are there besides sausuga books that sell japanese language manga?
EvaForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-21, 10:33   Link #351
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Hello, I don't watch this series but a friend of mine wanted to have something cleared up when it comes to the novels that she is getting together for the series The Story of Saiunkoku
She was looking through something and is now confused cause she doesn't know if the following titles belong to the same book or not and wiki doesn't have it listed either:

http://www.yesasia.com/us/saiunkoku-...0-en/info.html

title: Saiunkoku Monogatari -Kouriyou no Yume (bunko)

She is confused and wanted explanation on whether or not this book is in fact vol. 7 Kokoro ha ai Yori mo Fukaku (心は藍よりも深く)
If you ask me it simply isn't listed yet because the Yesasia site has the release date listed for this year but she wants some more opinions and help finding vol.7
So could anyone clear up this up and does anyone know where I can order Saiunkoku Monogatari Light Novel volume 7: Kokoro ha ai Yori mo Fukaku (心は藍よりも深く)
ISBN 4-04-449908-X
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-27, 20:59   Link #352
Copycatken

I looked up "Saiunkoku Monogatari -Kouriyou no Yume" (黄粱の夢) on the Japanese wikipedia and this seems to be the 4th volume of the Saiunkoku side stories.

As for volume 7, you can buy it from bk1.jp: http://www.bk1.jp/product/02594470. Although this is a Japanese website, they do ship internationally.
Old 2009-11-14, 01:22   Link #353
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Anyone knows of a good place to buy used manga online in the US? Right now I'm seeking to buy Yen Press Yotsuba Volumes 2-5, but it can be anything.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-14, 01:51   Link #354
einhorn303

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
Anyone knows of a good place to buy used manga online in the US? Right now I'm seeking to buy Yen Press Yotsuba Volumes 2-5, but it can be anything.
I don't think you'll have much luck finding the Yen Press editions used, since they just came out like a month or so ago. I mean, usually stuff takes a bit longer to circulate out to "used."

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonix View Post
Well it's out of print which would mean it would end up being more expensive for the few new copies that are still out there.
Not only is it out of print, the company the published it (Broccoli USA/Int'll) has went out of business.
einhorn303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-14, 02:07   Link #355
Proto

At least with non-manga books I've had good luck in the past getting used new releases type of books, you just have to know where to search, and have good connections. (I'm an avid reader, so if I bought everything new I'd be bankrupt by now). But manga's are totally out of my area of expertise, hence why I'm asking. It doesn't really have up to volume 5, even volume 2 or 3 would be ok.
Old 2009-11-14, 12:37   Link #356
Proto

Well, I found them at a very decent prize at buy.com, though I don't know if anyone here has bought from them.

edit: On a second look I guess this should go here
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=6751

Old 2009-11-14, 14:15   Link #357
einhorn303

Why no Rightstuf in the OP post? They can have some pretty good prices on manga, especially during Publisher sales or with a GotAnime account. I actually order all my manga there, except for stuff I "absolutely-need-to-get-the-day-it-comes-out" which I get at the local B&N.
einhorn303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-20, 11:01   Link #358
RXR
of the X r team

Send a message via Yahoo to RXR
i saw all manga novels at borders bookstore in near sycmore area in ill

Last edited by RXR; 2009-12-20 at 14:56.
RXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-26, 08:36   Link #359
miyako*

Hi!! I'm new here ^^
does someone know where can I buy manga magazines /or manga in general/ written in Japanese?
I remember that when I went to Paris in 2005, I found out a store where they were selling a whole bunch of Japanese manga and magazines *_* just wanna know if is there somewhere else (always in Europe) were they sell them... or if there is someone from Paris that knows where this sore is (I've forgot the adress T.T) please tell me!! onegaishimasu!! *.*
arigatou! ^^
miyako* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-26, 17:53   Link #360
iKuji

I don't know if you're talking about that store in Paris, but Junku sells Japanese books/manga/magazine, it is overpriced though. The adress is here.
I don't know however any other stores in Paris, let alone in Europe, who sells that as I don't buy lots of Japanese books.

Tags
buying, import, japanese language, manga