AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-04-13, 18:09   Link #21
Briareos

Good News!

Hey, I do have OKG 1&2 from LS. If I see anybody trying to torrent them when I go to bed (between 10pm and midnight EST) I will seed them.
Briareos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-14, 04:01   Link #22
tcov

*tcov is only pleasant with the company of owls \\ O,O //

If you guys really want the show translated, my staff and I and those of anime-kissaten are willing to work on it once we can get a dedicated translator. I have all the raw TV rips.

As for licensing, I did hear a bicker. Won't say who. Though it's been a year since that bicker, so I don't know what is going on. Maybe once the fansubs start kicking in again, the known holder will make their presence visible.
tcov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-14, 04:20   Link #23
MrBrown

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcov
If you guys really want the show translated, my staff and I and those of anime-kissaten are willing to work on it once we can get a dedicated translator. I have all the raw TV rips.
While you're waiting for a translator to appear, you should download the DVD ISOs from winny and prepare raws from those. Being perfect and all that.
MrBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-14, 08:20   Link #24
SimplyEd
Claytard

Quote:
*tcov is only pleasant with the company of owls \\ O,O //

As for licensing, I did hear a bicker. Won't say who. Though it's been a year since that bicker, so I don't know what is going on. Maybe once the fansubs start kicking in again, the known holder will make their presence visible.

So, how many known translators are active members on animesuki?
If we want this project to take of i would suggest to make this plea a bit more public, in other words it won't suffice if there's just this tiny little thread in the fansub forum, there has to be at least another one in the fansub group forum, as i stated before.
Or let's create a whole new, big thread that centers around staff search for future projects and/or suggestions for unlicensed shows that still need to be subbed. BTW i think such threads already exist, but they are usually of a rather short life
SimplyEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-14, 09:51   Link #25
Tellu54
Banned

I did most of episode 4, Tcov... if you remind me when I get back, you can have it.

Its a good show, I'd TL it but I'm too busy.
Tellu54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-14, 14:33   Link #26
tcov

Thanks Tellu. I'll keep my owl eyes out for you ^_^

MrBrown, we actually have some DVD ISO's, but I'm happy with either or. What matters to me is that the story can be presented in a good-enough picture ^_^

SimplyEd, I did advertise it once here. The thread is now buried in the trench. I guess nobody [who can translate] cared strongly enough or just doesn't have the time.
Old 2004-04-14, 14:59   Link #27
SimplyEd
Claytard

Quote:
Thanks Tellu. I'll keep my owl eyes out for you ^_^

MrBrown, we actually have some DVD ISO's, but I'm happy with either or. What matters to me is that the story can be presented in a good-enough picture ^_^

SimplyEd, I did advertise it once here. The thread is now buried in the trench. I guess nobody [who can translate] cared strongly enough or just doesn't have the time.

Well, if it's really just a matter of finding a translator i would say that the actual chances for the project are pretty good since you have all the other staff members and the help of Anime-Kissaten.
And i would think that most translators don't have enough time at the moment since there are so many new spring shows running right now, there's nothing you can do about that part but i'm sure that something can be done about the "don't care enough" part.
What were the responses to thread you mentioned? Did it even reach any translators? If not, we REALLY need a new thread that centers around translator search..maybe even a new sub-forum?...Nahh, that's what the fansub-groups forum is there for.
I mean, it's such a great show i don't understand why there's no interest..my best bet is that advertisment should be increased, this thread here doesn't suffice at all.
Maybe i'll start another one by myself if the problem doesn't solve itself in the near future.
SimplyEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-17, 23:50   Link #28
Ashi-chan
Resident Asian Nerd Girl

Send a message via AIM to Ashi-chan Send a message via MSN to Ashi-chan Send a message via Yahoo to Ashi-chan
Overman King Gainer overseas

As soon as I found out that Bandai licensed Overman King Gainer, I've been wondering how well it'll do overseas. It's a great mecha series and it's by the creator of Gundam, which is pretty popular everywhere, but I've found few fans of the series and more oblivious anime watchers. Perhaps the small OKG fanbase is due to the fact few fansubbed episodes were released, but I don't know.

I've already seen the whole series, and I was impressed. The storyline had some great themes, like escaping from an oppressive government, fighting for your beliefs, and how the past can come back to haunt you. The mecha designs were very unique compared to the typical bulky, boxy, edgy giant robots of other mecha anime. The soundtrack was expressive, and the op/end songs are a lot of fun. I also liked a lot of the characters, although I wish they elaborated more on Gainer and Sara's relationship. OKG kind of gets confusing towards the end, but it's still very good. And...come on! How can you NOT like the monkey dancing mecha in the opening sequence!
Ashi-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-19, 20:16   Link #29
tcov

The dance at the OP is the greatest!

Obviously, my group and I & A-K won't be fansubbing it. Once I hear of its release date for DVD, I'm buying it
Old 2004-08-20, 09:27   Link #30
Ashi-chan
Resident Asian Nerd Girl

Send a message via AIM to Ashi-chan Send a message via MSN to Ashi-chan Send a message via Yahoo to Ashi-chan
Hecka yeah, me too, tcov. Whatever OKG stuff they can come out with, I'm buying. Although, I don't think OKG spawned that much merchandise.

Just out of curiosity, has anyone read the OKG manga? I haven't myself, but I've seen some pictures of it someplace, and some Canada-based online anime store has volume one. I think the manga was running in one of those many manga serials, but I can't remember which. There's too little about it on the net, which makes me sad because I WANT IT!!! Yaaaaarg!!!
Ashi-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-28, 15:24   Link #31
Karnot
Banned

This show...made no sense whatsoever. I watched the first episode and i am really not that keen on continuing, even though Great and Terrifying AWO seems to, for some unexplicable reason, like...this...show. I'm not talking about the setting or world details that arent explained in the beginning, thats okay, but what bothers me is that characters pretty much have NO logical motivation for what they are doing.

Okay, so we have this kid who is great at video games, and it only takes a few hours in jail to make him discard everything he ever had in his life and become a terrorist basically ? Umm...why ?
A loli princess who is extremely conscious of her being kidnapped, and at the same time extremely enjoying it, to the point of giving advice how to kill people better ? What the heck ?
And this Gain guy, script writers apparently couldnt decide if he actually had A PLAN when he decided to enter the city or not.

Thats not how real people behave, you know. Hell, even 99% of anime characters dont behave like that.
And looks like the creators realised that, hence the dreadlocks thingies. Same idea as in Eureka, "hey dude, look how hip and flashy i am on the outside, dont think about the missing coherence and watch the pritty colors !" kinda thing.
Karnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-21, 09:46   Link #32
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karnot View Post
*snips*
Not paying attention are we? Then again, non-Gundam Tomino-directed shows don't really make sense at the start, but when they pick up steam they're great.

I need to ask, HOW is this series licensed? Did Bandai released a sub-only version Stateside?
Old 2009-10-21, 14:34   Link #33
NoLongerSane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Not paying attention are we? Then again, non-Gundam Tomino-directed shows don't really make sense at the start, but when they pick up steam they're great.

I need to ask, HOW is this series licensed? Did Bandai released a sub-only version Stateside?
There are the stack-pack DVDs that Bandai released a while back that has both the sub/dub on them. There is also the perfect collection that has all six DVDs from the single releases that were compiled to one very thick DVD container. But I think recently the DVD were discontinued to be put into production. I was hoping to hear of a re-release of this series in an upgraded format or in Blu-Ray. There are a couple of series titles that I manage to get from Bandai before they were discontinued that I am hoping for a re-release or a Blu-Ray release. As for Overman King Gainer, I am still missing vol. 5-6 and missed out on the Perfect Collection.
NoLongerSane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-07, 21:42   Link #34
tyciol
*Artist

Hm, so is Bandai still currently selling what they published with the licensed, or do we look for old copies?
tyciol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-09, 01:34   Link #35
NoLongerSane

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyciol View Post
Hm, so is Bandai still currently selling what they published with the licensed, or do we look for old copies?
If anything, I would suspect Funi to pick up the popular titles from Bandia such as Cowboy Bebop, Eureka Seven, Outlaw Star, and of course the Gundam series. I have no idea if Overman would be one of those titles but I would be happy if it were to be re-released under a new license.