AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-06-03, 04:51   Link #1161
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
K-On only had Ritsu's brother... and he only appeared a few seconds.
Yeah and thats why I never got over finishing even a single episode of that Moe Crap.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-05, 07:03   Link #1162
NaweG
Just some guy

So, according to my calendar, it has been two months since chapter 81. Did the series take a summer break and I missed the announcement?
Old 2011-06-05, 10:29   Link #1163
oDin01

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaweG View Post
So, according to my calendar, it has been two months since chapter 81. Did the series take a summer break and I missed the announcement?
No, there hasn't been a new chapter for two months. Check the previous page, the mangaka launched a new manga last week so yeah he's taking a break from Umi no Misaki.
oDin01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-05, 20:13   Link #1164
crossguy
Confused. As usual.

I avoid ALL manga about the music biz. I was a professional musician (professional means paid to do it.), and worked in the music industry for over 25 years. Even "Beck" strained my suspension of disbelief.
So if the Author is working two projects at once, does it affect the output and quality of work?
I have followed some discussion on other projects, and most fans of the projects felt it either spelled the end, or BOTH of the projects suffered. And if it's the end...
Dang.
Does the Author have any tragedies in his writing past?
crossguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-05, 20:42   Link #1165
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossguy View Post
I avoid ALL manga about the music biz. I was a professional musician (professional means paid to do it.), and worked in the music industry for over 25 years. Even "Beck" strained my suspension of disbelief.
Well... i understand you, but i never forget that these are fictional works... so...

Quote:
So if the Author is working two projects at once, does it affect the output and quality of work?
It depends... Authors have a team of assistants, it isn't like he does both works at the same time. In the the end i think that depends of the quality of the assistants and the quality of an author as the chief of that team. There are a few good examples of authors who were fabulous assistants and thus they jump to their own carreer: Nobuhiro Watsuki (Rurouni Kenshin's author) had assistants like Eiichiro Oda (One Piece) and Hiroyuki Takei (Shaman King).

About your question, Oh Great had 2 projects at once (Tenjou Tenge and Air Gear), i would say that it didn't affect them. Well, he took some hiatus, but the quality of his works is way beyond the average.
Old 2011-06-05, 23:30   Link #1166
crossguy
Confused. As usual.

I'll give that a pass- fiction is fiction-but I still can't get to the point of buying the plot. I still love music and the people that create it. I just know too much about the business.
On the other topic, do You good people think this spells a quick (and crummy) end to Umi? I know the industry is $ driven, but this manga seems to be in the bottom 30 on sales rankings according to Anime News Network. Is that reason enough to end it?
crossguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-05, 23:38   Link #1167
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossguy View Post
I'll give that a pass- fiction is fiction-but I still can't get to the point of buying the plot. I still love music and the people that create it. I just know too much about the business.
Believe me, i know the feeling

Quote:
On the other topic, do You good people think this spells a quick (and crummy) end to Umi? I know the industry is $ driven, but this manga seems to be in the bottom 30 on sales rankings according to Anime News Network. Is that reason enough to end it?
It depends. More than the ranking i would say that an Editorial looks for certain amount of sales. So, let's say that the editorial thinks that a hundred of copies is a good figure, if the manga sales 40 it's bad, but if it sales 500 (despite the ranking) is very good.
Old 2011-06-06, 12:57   Link #1168
User68604
Disabled By Request

just started

i like the setting and the concept. main lead seems to be okay..not a complete wuss thus far.

question is..how long till i start to rage??
User68604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-06, 13:26   Link #1169
Khalil

You won't ever have to rage; the protagonist is genuine nice guy, who cares about all the girls. This isn't like anything Seo does, so no artificial drama.
Khalil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-06, 13:46   Link #1170
User68604
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khalil View Post
You won't ever have to rage; the protagonist is genuine nice guy, who cares about all the girls. This isn't like anything Seo does, so no artificial drama.
Old 2011-06-06, 15:02   Link #1171
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Quote:
BURN!>V<, well played.^^
MAX_COLA_POWER! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-06, 17:18   Link #1172
User68604
Disabled By Request

this guy is living a dream life
Old 2011-06-06, 17:28   Link #1173
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:

Rough!

But a true evaluation.
Old 2011-06-08, 14:01   Link #1174
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Oh? I seem to recall some frustration in this series as well. And you really can't compare seinen (this) to shonen (Kimi).
Old 2011-06-08, 18:59   Link #1175
Khalil

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Oh? I seem to recall some frustration in this series as well. And you really can't compare seinen (this) to shonen (Kimi).
There's also a slight difference between rage and frustration, and I do feel, that I can compare the amount of drama, that is inserted, no matter what the demographics.
Khalil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-09, 15:43   Link #1176
User68604
Disabled By Request

Im all caught up, tough choice...Not sure who I would pick TBH
Old 2011-06-09, 21:31   Link #1177
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Oh. The Fumizuki's new series in published in Young Animal Island... I didn't realize, haha. That magazine is published every few months, at least. I highly doubt it'll impact Umi. Umi's specials were actually in that magazine.

EDIT: And the next chapter in Umi is being published on the 10th.

Last edited by DragoZERO; 2011-06-09 at 22:12.
DragoZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-10, 09:04   Link #1178
Tri-ring

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Oh. The Fumizuki's new series in published in Young Animal Island... I didn't realize, haha. That magazine is published every few months, at least. I highly doubt it'll impact Umi. Umi's specials were actually in that magazine.

EDIT: And the next chapter in Umi is being published on the 10th.
Yup,
Spoiler for Ch 82:
Tri-ring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-10, 09:07   Link #1179
User68604
Disabled By Request

*raises hand*
Old 2011-06-10, 13:58   Link #1180
GrrDraxin

Send a message via Yahoo to GrrDraxin
I bet he probably would let her sleep in the bed with him, but I doubt he would do anything or let her do anything.

Tags
ecchi, harem, romance, rural, seinen