AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2012-12-18, 19:05   Link #2281
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Hey, I don't hate Miura (and you'd be hard-pressed to find anyone in Nanoha that I hate). I think she's an interesting character. She's just not the main character. And she got her moment in the sun with her fight with Micah.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-18, 20:46   Link #2282
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Her moment with Micaiah doesn't felt really like her "crowning moment" tough it was her very first fight so it was mroe like an introduction of what Miura is capable off. If anything i would preferred Viio and Miura to fight on a much later stage of the Tournament to give Miura a chance to prove her worht against a truly significant opponent (no offense to Micaiah, but for all the hype she received she ended up being a pretty weak fighter, the only reason miura won the fight was basically because micaiah is a delicate frail flower xDU).

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-18, 23:19   Link #2283
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

I just going to said it: Miura is a terrible character, I do dislike her and I hope she dies in a horrible accident.

Why? Well many reasons, not being help by the fact she defeated Vivio while she is just an annoying crying little girl who is there because… the plot says so. But then again all ViVid characters are too bland and happy looking while hitting each other. Did all of them just drink a cocktail of xanax before the tournament. Showing any other emotion seems to be too much to ask. Not really good really, just boring and that is the main problem with ViVid
Old 2012-12-19, 00:07   Link #2284
Slilent Type

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takamura Mamoru View Post
Miura haters out. ( ¯3¯)
I don't hate Miura, I actually like her archetype, I just feel that a main character should have lost to someone more plot significant and not in the first round after the preliminaries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
Her moment with Micaiah doesn't felt really like her "crowning moment" tough it was her very first fight so it was mroe like an introduction of what Miura is capable off. If anything i would preferred Viio and Miura to fight on a much later stage of the Tournament to give Miura a chance to prove her worht against a truly significant opponent (no offense to Micaiah, but for all the hype she received she ended up being a pretty weak fighter, the only reason miura won the fight was basically because micaiah is a delicate frail flower xDU).
I agree, but who's saying anything about a crowning achievement? This is clearly a character dump so far casting the battle ax as the one person in vivid who knows emotions other than happiness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sansker View Post
I just going to said it: Miura is a terrible character, I do dislike her and I hope she dies in a horrible accident.

Why? Well many reasons, not being help by the fact she defeated Vivio while she is just an annoying crying little girl who is there because… the plot says so. But then again all ViVid characters are too bland and happy looking while hitting each other. Did all of them just drink a cocktail of xanax before the tournament. Showing any other emotion seems to be too much to ask. Not really good really, just boring and that is the main problem with ViVid
Seriously, isn't that a bit much?Also how is she a crying little girl. I mean one trick pony maybe, but how do you get crybaby out of her backstory? She found something she could take pride in and stuck at, that isn't a crybaby.

However I do think we can agree that Vivd is a slaphappy, xanax chugging, mono-emotional world that needs to explore other aspects of life then watching underage cat-figting .

My current work
Slilent Type is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-19, 01:40   Link #2285
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:

So you hate the fact that everyone in Vivid is happy... and then hate one of the few girls who wasn't always as happy.

Your logic is strange.

And your reason for claiming Miura is a terrible character is rather flawed. What exactly do you mean by "she's an annoying crying girl because the plot says so?" Because her background says she is a hard worker that cried a little in the past but pushed on and became stronger? She's hardly a crying character now, you know.

And while the Vivid girls are happy... I'm not sure how that's in any way strange. It's a tournament with the girls doing what they love, why should they not be happy here?

Your logic is really strange.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-19, 01:46   Link #2286
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
And your reason for claiming Miura is a terrible character is rather flawed. What exactly do you mean by "she's an annoying crying girl because the plot says so?" Because her background says she is a hard worker that cried a little in the past but pushed on and became stronger? She's hardly a crying character now, you know.
As much as i love Miura i must admit she does have shown crybaby vibes during her appearances on Vivid. She's extremely shy, it's prone to nervousness and tears, feels inferior to her opponents adn is always very apologizing to pretty mcuh everyone.

The difference i have with Sansker is that i don't find those traits as annoying as he found it. Miura is a young talented girl who seems to nor have quite realzied yet how much potential she really have. I don't know about her family life but she seems to be pretty insecure which translates into loosing control of her emotions while being presented alone on a big arena in front of a immense crowd of people paying attention to her xDU

Miura somehow reminds me of Subaru in a way xD

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-19, 01:56   Link #2287
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Concerning Miura, let's remember that we met one other young female character in the franchise who felt like she had no worth/purpose in anything until a chance meeting and learning something she was good at.

And that character?

Nanoha Takamachi.
Old 2012-12-19, 02:02   Link #2288
fukarming

btw, when will we see Lutecia fighting in Vivid? As all the new generation losing, it will be up to the veteran to make up for the show. Did Caro and Erio enter the match? They certainly match the age requirement......
Then they came for me and force me to be a vegan by that time no one was left to speak up.
fukarming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-19, 02:06   Link #2289
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I think Caro and Erio remarked before the tournament that they weren't entering.
Old 2012-12-19, 03:18   Link #2290
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
As much as i love Miura i must admit she does have shown crybaby vibes during her appearances on Vivid. She's extremely shy, it's prone to nervousness and tears, feels inferior to her opponents adn is always very apologizing to pretty mcuh everyone.
Hmmmdunno, that doesn't really sound like crybaby to me. Nervous tears and crybaby are two different things.

But while on the subject of annoying characters, I have to say Einhart's constant spotlight stealing is starting to work on my nerves. Not that Ihate her, but it's starting to become mildly annoying.

Last edited by Keroko; 2012-12-19 at 04:01.
Old 2012-12-19, 05:52   Link #2291
Takamura Mamoru
The Hawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
I think she's an interesting character. She's just not the main character.
Oh right, I forgot main characters are contractually obliged to never lose. (´_ゝ`)
Old 2012-12-19, 06:58   Link #2292
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Quote:
Hmmmdunno, that doesn't really sound like crybaby to me. Nervous tears and crybaby are two different things.

But while on the subject of annoying characters, I have to say Einhart's constant spotlight stealing is starting to work on my nerves. Not that Ihate her, but it's starting to become mildly annoying.
But isn't Einhart like the second main heroine of Vivid? (or should that be love interest? (not into Loli Yuri stuff .))

I mean most of the plot focus more on her and her ancestor than on Vivio.

Edit:

What I meant is that... it is kind of weird to have a Main heroine doing the spot-light stealing.

Unless she is a Mary Sue....
Wait....
Is Einhart Mary Sue?
Old 2012-12-19, 07:57   Link #2293
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
No, she's not.
Old 2012-12-19, 08:38   Link #2294
Kaijo
Banned

Keroko, Sansker's trolling. He's done a fairly good job by now, but you can tell that he says things just to get people riled up. That's why what he says contradicts a lot, and while you can toss out characters saying the exact answer to his question, and he claims he still doesn't get it.
Old 2012-12-19, 10:42   Link #2295
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by agetreme View Post
But isn't Einhart like the second main heroine of Vivid? (or should that be love interest? (not into Loli Yuri stuff .))

I mean most of the plot focus more on her and her ancestor than on Vivio.
And that's the main reason I'm starting to get anoyed with her. She consistently outperforms all the main characters, very rapidly catches up to them in the extremely rare instances where she doesn't and hugs all the plot development. This is particularely frustration when it comes to the past. Vivio is the one who is the clone of Olivie, yet every new discovery of Olivie only serves to develop Einhart, not Vivio.

Fate and Hayate had a similar relationship with Nanoha, both being characters more central to the plot than Nanoha, but Einhart is the first to actually steal the backgrounds of other characters for her own development.

She's not a bad character, but the constant focus on her is... frustrating.
Old 2012-12-19, 10:49   Link #2296
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

No, I am not trolling. I just don’t agree with you. And I don’t think that is something that I should be blame for. I have reasons to hate Miura and I do found her annoying. If you guys like her, that is good, I hope she appears more for you and that you can enjoy every single time she is in. I am not going to, is that simple.

I don’t like Miura because, to me, she isn’t that big of a deal. She came out of nowhere, her only quality is that she hangout with the Yagamis for some reason and she has the same personality as Einhart but without the “cool” side of hers: strong and yet timid and insecure girl, ring any bells? And yet she beat Vivio, the main character and when you use the main character to make side/secondary characters shine, you are not going in to my good side.

ViVid is just so boring, has nothing going on for the tons of fight scenes and so far any character is even memorable beyond its power or design. I feel that way. Yes, Nanoha could be a little like Miura but where Nanoha show us how cool she was and stand up all on her own to face Fate and the Jewel Seed incident, with the TSAB coming in later, Miura needs the Yagami to make her backstory make sense. If you think about all she has is that the Yagami think she is something, and that is it. So no, I don’t like her one bit. And I just say it.

In the end, yes, I might be a little hard on her on what I don’t like, I will try to express it better, but just because you don’t agree with me means I am trolling. People always think different and I don’t want to get you angry. I do like a debate but one where we can disagree and not be angry at the others for it. I mean I don’t hate you guys just because you like this and I don’t.
Old 2012-12-19, 11:06   Link #2297
Kaijo
Banned

Quote:
And that's the main reason I'm starting to get anoyed with her. She consistently outperforms all the main characters, very rapidly catches up to them in the extremely rare instances where she doesn't and hugs all the plot development. This is particularely frustration when it comes to the past. Vivio is the one who is the clone of Olivie, yet every new discovery of Olivie only serves to develop Einhart, not Vivio.

Fate and Hayate had a similar relationship with Nanoha, both being characters more central to the plot than Nanoha, but Einhart is the first to actually steal the backgrounds of other characters for her own development.

She's not a bad character, but the constant focus on her is... frustrating.
Indeed. It was the main reason I got annoyed at the Movie 1st. I mean, here they had a golden opportunity to actually flesh out Nanoha's backstory (which we only get in fragments across different media)... and instead they go waaay too far in giving us Fate's backstory, to the point the main character is neglected.

And Nanoha, to me, is the more interesting one. Fate just feels a little cliche and boring, sacrificing actual character development for moe thumping. Nanoha's courage and determination, and the path that got her there, is well worth exploring. Especially as it relates to her family. I'm just glad Force has pretty much pushed Fate out of the spotlight for once (and I think that's a major reason people don't like it).

But yeah, while I would like Vivid to give us more Vivio/Olive, I've already resigned myself that it will have no real plot. I've found the secret is to just read it like a technical manual, explaining different magical styles. Tsuzuki can, if nothing else, come up with a variety of creative magical characters.
Old 2012-12-19, 11:36   Link #2298
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

Well, yes, more Vivio will be welcome on ViVid. Hey what I didn’t like at the beginning was how Einhart was made in to a new friend so fast and then we focus on her learning about Vivio instead of keeping the story with Vivio and we can learn more about her, because, as the rest of the characters here, she is always on the bland happy-looking and acting little girl.

But I do think they did that on the Movie 1st because Fate is a little more popular than Nanoha and to be fair Nanoha didn’t really need that much of backstory. She is the main character and she does shine but she is shadow by Fate because she has a more sympathetic backstory than just not being sure what is your meaning in life at the age of 9. That of course could be use a lot better but in the end they did deliver an overall nice film of the first season.

And no, the author doesn’t come up with goo magical characters, this is the same old shonen characters with little girls bodies and as far as goes I still have to get a good example of how the different types of magic, like Mid-Childa or Belka, are in any way different. That is why I found the explanation of the attacks boring, they aren’t knew and some characters even rip-off others.
Old 2012-12-19, 11:49   Link #2299
Kaijo
Banned

Yes, Sansker, we know, you hate the characters and story and plot and... why are you here again? Just to whine and complain? Because we already have someone like that.

Quote:
And no, the author doesn’t come up with goo magical characters, this is the same old shonen characters with little girls bodies and as far as goes I still have to get a good example of how the different types of magic, like Mid-Childa or Belka, are in any way different. That is why I found the explanation of the attacks boring, they aren’t knew and some characters even rip-off others.
And apparently, you aren't aware of SRW. :P
Old 2012-12-19, 12:04   Link #2300
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

And why I am here? Because I want, and I like to talk. If is necessary for me to just be as you think I should then please tell me, otherwise accept the fact that people can and will think as they want and say it when they want to. So yes, I am here because I want and nothing more. I do like the first two seasons of Nanoha and I am sticking on it because I want it to be good again, which so far seem to be impossible, but I can dream. And I will always point out if something doesn’t fit right to me.

Tags
vivid