AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

View Poll Results: Your favorite Higurashi character Pt. 2
Maebara Keiichi 73 17.18%
Ryuguu Rena 157 36.94%
Sonozaki Mion 66 15.53%
Houjou Satoko 15 3.53%
Furude Rika 68 16.00%
Sonozaki Shion 46 10.82%
Voters: 425. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-09-20, 11:24   Link #61
Supergrunch
Tegenaria gigantea

Send a message via MSN to Supergrunch
Anyway, as I said before, Satoko seems to be the only character who is completely innocent. This doesn't mean that she's my favourite character... I'm still undecided on that. I'm liking everyone but the Sonozaki's actually.
Old 2006-09-20, 18:46   Link #62
Mappy
Eat This!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagematt
Wasn't Shion on 6th place on the popularity poll done after Minagoroshi anyways?

At least she's on 4th place on this poll... even if it is for the wrong reasons
3rd now as I write this.

Shion is 2nd after Rena in my own estimation.

For all the wrong reasons.
Old 2006-09-20, 19:05   Link #63
MarthX

It's funny. If Shion goes insane, she gets hated for it. If Rena goes insane, she gets praised for it.
Old 2006-09-20, 23:23   Link #64
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarthX
It's funny. If Shion goes insane, she gets d for it. If Rena goes insane, she gets praised for it.
I noticed this as well. Maybe it's because Rena didn't off the lolis when she flipped.
Old 2006-09-21, 00:10   Link #65
theacefrehley
Guitar Man

Quote:
It's funny. If Shion goes insane, she gets hated for it. If Rena goes insane, she gets praised for it.
This is the "omochi kaeri" effect.... hehee
Old 2006-09-21, 14:57   Link #66
BakaOnna

Quote:
Well, the thing for me was that I never liked Shion even in the beginning when she first showed up in ep. 5. Sadly, melonpan does not work on girls. After ep. 9, I realized most of the events was caused by Shion, not Mion. Then when I saw Meakeshi hen, I disliked her even more. So, I never liked her once in the series... except that time in ep. 22 when she saw Rena and was fooling around with Kasai. She's better when she's not insane and emo.
Old 2006-09-21, 15:52   Link #67
LynRee
-

I voted Mion. Shion is just... um, too insane for me. I kinda liked her at first when I still didn't know that she was so messed up.

Keiichi is also a favourite. He's kind of normal compared to all the psycho girls around him.
Old 2006-09-21, 16:09   Link #68
rooboy
Umeboshi!

I would like to say that of all favorite character polls - for this to be the one that's not multiple choice is really painful. I think I'm going to vote for Rena - at the end of the day Satoko makes this choice especially tough - her ojousama laugh (my favorite thing about any character) is verrrry good, and her snaggly tooth (another one of my favorite character features) shows her devious side quite well; however, Rena's ~kana and kawaiigasms put her just that little bit ahead.
Old 2006-09-21, 17:38   Link #69
Paracelsus

Wow...so many votes for Rena.

I waited to vote to see how much could Keiichi's character develope. It did a lot.
Old 2006-09-21, 20:39   Link #70
Mappy
Eat This!

You know, just occasionally, with all the emo expressions Shion was putting on during Meakashi-hen, there seemed to me to be just an air of conflict in some of them.... The one at the beginning of episode 21 when she's on the phone, she's thinking one thing and her eyebrows are knotted in a "what the hell am I doing?" kind of way. But then, nonverbal cues were never my strong point.
Old 2006-09-23, 13:31   Link #71
Hopeful Death

Furude Rika!

I like the mystique about her. And also, I like her "tragic" story the best. I mean, all the other characters are tragic and perhaps even more so in some cases(Satoko...), but I like Rika because hers is a more low-key and less overt tragedy story. You see one little cry for help in one episode. I almost cried when I heard her say that she didn't want to die. And the rest of the time she bears it with a smile. You almost wouldn't know her situation if it wasn't for those 2 little episodes. Just that one scene after seeing her for the past 13 episodes was pretty powerful.

Also, the power associated with her. There's obviously more to her than meets the eye. Perhaps she's a legit reincarnation of Oyashiro-sama, who knows right?(yeah, some people DO know. But shut up anyway!) But anyway, despite all that, she seems to be a very kind-hearted and understanding girl to her friends.

Also, the confession scene in Watanaghi-hen where K1 talks about how he went into the shrine. I loved that part because after re-watching it, there's just something unique about the feeling of having Rika basically say "I've got your back" in that mature voice. I mean, after all the time of having Oyashiro-sama drove into your brain as powerful and deadly, and here you have the representative for her saying something like that. It's a pretty interesting feeling.

Of course, it didn't turn out too well, but... anyway. Yeah. In short: FURUDE RIKA KICKS YOUR ASS

Oh, and did I mention ni-pa and mi~? Oh yeah, +1000 points
Old 2006-09-28, 07:22   Link #72
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Higurashi Character Discussion / Poll Pt. 2

Now that the anime has ended, this is a thread dedicated to character discussions and a limited poll entry for major characters, AFTER you've seen through all the episodes.

As in the previous poll, I have selected the five+one major characters for the polls. However, you are free to discuss any other characters as well. Remember, please don't just blot "XXX is my favorite character" without giving an acceptable reason.

Should you feel the urge to blurt something that hasn't been aired in the anime yet, remember the golden rule: spoiler tags are your friends

Spoiler tag examples
[spoiler]Text to be hidden[/spoiler] becomes
Spoiler:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I could vote for everyone, I would. However, I decided to go with Sonozaki Mion as I do have a penchant for very outgoing girls who show signs of dere. Added to that, she is a very great friend to be with!!!
Old 2006-09-28, 08:37   Link #73
MarthX

Rena is gonna dominate again. It's hard to resist her.

If I had to put the characters in order from most liked to least, it'd be:

Rena
Mion
Rika
Keiichi
Shion
Satoko

I tried explaining why but I couldn't. I have a hard time putting my feelings into words. One thing I can tell you: Satoko is at the bottom because she's too bratty and her obsession with "nii nii" doesn't help either.
Old 2006-09-28, 08:58   Link #74
chrno_the_sinner

My order is:

Rika
Rena
Keiichi
Mion
Satoko
Shion

It really is hard to put into words why I like the characters, but Rika is my favourite because of her Mii's, Nipa-'s and the mysterious atmosphere around her, especially from the TIPS from Himatsubushi and Tsumihoroboshi.
Old 2006-09-28, 13:26   Link #75
Ichy
It`s a miracle!

Location: This is the Kind of Woman I want to play Games with. And by playing Games I mean.... ^____^
I just came in to vote for Rena. But somehow I couldn't resist to vote for Rika-chan... What's wrong with me? Some sort of catgirl fetish? I really tried to vote for rena, but i can't

So... Rrrrika.
Rena
Shion
Rest ^^
Old 2006-09-28, 17:17   Link #76
Hopeful Death

Poor Satoko. If I hadn't already voted for Rika I would toss a vote her way.

I guess the anime showed no mercy to her in terms of character development...
Old 2006-09-28, 17:53   Link #77
Childboy

Rika-chan~~

にぱ~☆
nipa-

K.O.
Flawless Victory orz
Old 2006-09-28, 18:08   Link #78
Akuryou
*cackle* *cackle*

Send a message via MSN to Akuryou
I'm still trying to decide on either Rena, Keiichi or Shion.
Mion and Satoko didn't get enough development, and Rika is... well, she is cute, but not one of the "favourites".
Old 2006-09-28, 18:57   Link #79
Rasuberi
Give me things to draw!!!

Send a message via AIM to Rasuberi
I voted for Mion... She's kept the #1 position for me since episode one. <3 I generally know who I'll like most and who I wont like from the beginning of things... (not that there aren't exceptions)

My list of liking characters goes like this:
#1- Mion
#2- Everyone else (Main characters that is... since there are a few minor I dislike, like Rina, Teppei, etc...)

The characters are the most important part of anything for me, after all. <3 And Higurashi has one of the best, if not THE best, cast I've ever known.

Old 2006-09-28, 20:58   Link #80
Keiichi no Hibi
THIS. IS WHO I AM.

Send a message via AIM to Keiichi no Hibi
Up until Meakashi-hen, my favorite was Mion, hands down. Of course I was late on starting the series so I watched all the way up to 12 in one day so I didn't have time to think about stuff and what not. Anyway, back on topic, after Meakashi-hen, Shion just shot up my list to number one, and now she's in second/first cause I'm horribly indecisive. Anyway, my list

1. Keiichi and Shion
2. Rika and Mion and Satoko
3. Ooishi and Satoshi
4. All other people

See, not very decisive

EDIT: Graaaaah I change my mind, Shion is number one up with Keiichi XD;

Last edited by Keiichi no Hibi; 2006-09-28 at 23:32.
Closed Thread