AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Another

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-02-16, 12:25   Link #121
Random32
Also a Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
That part makes no sense to me

If the extra was there at the start of the year the class should be short a desk at the start of the year because the school wouldn't have planned a desk for the extra
Admin planned for X students. The extra makes it X+1 students, more than the number of desks. But this year, the transfer student not being there subtracts 1 student, so they are back at the number of desks.
Old 2012-02-16, 13:02   Link #122
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Random32 View Post
Admin planned for X students. The extra makes it X+1 students, more than the number of desks. But this year, the transfer student not being there subtracts 1 student, so they are back at the number of desks.
I get that.

I was making more of a general statement about how things work in general rather than the particular case the class is facing this year.Just to be sure I understand Forsaken_Infinity.

To get back to the particular case,it still baffles me they forgot about Kouichi.His name was on the roster sent to people before the term began.
So on the first day if they did a rollcall they'd realise he was absent and yet the number of desks was right.
Unless of course he's the extra and the documents have been altered to put his name there when it wasn't before.
Old 2012-02-17, 15:57   Link #123
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
In episode 5 we can see the full roster when Kouichi hands over his copy to Mei.
There's his name at the bottom.

So either he's the Another and his name has been put in there as part of the documents being altered.

Or he's not the Another and his transfer was known in advance (the roster is dated March 3rd) and they indeed forgot about him at the entrance ceremony.
Talk about a big mistake
While I subscribe to the theory that the extra was already there and the class just didn't realize it due to lack of knowledge of Sakakibara's transfer I have to play devils advocate here and point out that the curse alters documents (which means we can't take the dates in them as proof that they weren't doctored).
Old 2012-02-18, 10:51   Link #124
totoum
Me at work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
While I subscribe to the theory that the extra was already there and the class just didn't realize it due to lack of knowledge of Sakakibara's transfer I have to play devils advocate here and point out that the curse alters documents (which means we can't take the dates in them as proof that they weren't doctored).
But if they were altered to add his name in then wouldn't that mean he's the Another?

So either he's the Another or the class didn't notice his name on the roster in the first day of school.
Old 2012-02-18, 13:31   Link #125
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
But if they were altered to add his name in then wouldn't that mean he's the Another?

So either he's the Another or the class didn't notice his name on the roster in the first day of school.
If he was transferred in then he would obviously not be on the roster on the first day of school.
Old 2012-02-18, 13:39   Link #126
totoum
Me at work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
If he was transferred in then he would obviously not be on the roster on the first day of school.
So then his name being on a roster dated march 3rd (the one he showed to Mei in episode 5) is quite suspicious.

If it's on a roster made back in March,why wouldn't it be on the first day of school?

Or he was supposed to transfer in late april but maybe that was known well in advance.
Old 2012-02-18, 13:59   Link #127
Forsaken_Infinity

Quote:
So then his name being on a roster dated march 3rd (the one he showed to Mei in episode 5) is quite suspicious.

If it's on a roster made back in March,why wouldn't it be on the first day of school?

Or he was supposed to transfer in late april but maybe that was known well in advance.
Spoiler for Apparently:
Old 2012-02-22, 11:12   Link #128
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Putting aside Kouichi, I would like to speculate on the one guy who averted the curse for his comrades.

I think that

Spoiler:
Old 2012-02-22, 17:06   Link #129
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Putting aside Kouichi, I would like to speculate on the one guy who averted the curse for his comrades.

I think that

Spoiler:
I suspect he was only acting that way because he was forced to talk about that event.
Old 2012-02-22, 20:00   Link #130
Voxxen
Observer

Speculations

Spoiler for Speculations:
Old 2012-02-22, 20:22   Link #131
Xaturas

Voxxen
Nice theory but the Librarian already stated, that Mei was a boy and his surname was same as the town name. Unless he lies that is.
Old 2012-02-22, 21:02   Link #132
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaturas View Post
Voxxen
Nice theory but the Librarian already stated, that Mei was a boy and his surname was same as the town name. Unless he lies that is.
I'm sure this was a mental blip, but just to correct your post, you meant Misaki instead of Mei.

FWIW Japanese doesn't usually specify gender when talking about people. Because of the name "Misaki" and the fact that they mentioned physical attributes, the translators probably figured it safe to assume that it was a girl. What the characters were saying in the earlier episodes would literally translate to be things like "that child" when referring to the Misaki from 26 years ago. All the same, Japanese speakers would probably assume that Misaki was a girl, too, although I don't recall anyone definitively making the claim that Misaki was a girl (but I may have missed it). It's a limitation of the fansubs that they initially referred to Misaki as "she," which made it seem as if the gender was fully determined as a fact. The translators probably weren't aware of what lay ahead in the series; now we'll probably see Misaki referred to as a "he."
Old 2012-02-23, 21:19   Link #133
Voxxen
Observer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaturas View Post
Voxxen
Sorry about that, after re-reading my post I found quite a few errors in my sentences. I also take back the Misaki (Girl) statement, I did read the post by Aphrah.

"According to the L/N readers, CR subs are incorrect in the sense that the prologue in the light novel did not use a gender specific pronoun to refer to Misaki who died 26 years ago. The people responsible for the CR subs either assumed that she was female, or they know something we don't."

So, until we get some proof from the writers we will have to wait on that deduction.

On another note, the guy in the bar that went on the school trip and stopped the killings. He stated:
"The curse that year wasn't..."
"It wasn't my fault."
"I saved them all."
"I saved them!"
"I knew I had to tell them! So that's why..."
"I left it there."

Make's me wonder... He couldn't remember what he left there, even though it was that important that he remembered all these years and will be a life altering experience for the rest of his life. So, I stop to think... If this "Another" has no idea "It" is dead, then there has to be some "Force" that is pulling the strings. What "If" this "Force" changed/manipulated this guys memory to make them go to this shrine for some (obscure) reason?

Last edited by Voxxen; 2012-02-23 at 21:37.
Old 2012-02-24, 14:32   Link #134
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voxxen View Post
Spoiler for Speculations:
I'm convinced that the Another isn't doing anything apart from existing. I'm also going with the librarian guy's theory that there is no malicious entity at work here. It's more like, the mere existence of something that shouldn't be is causing kind of a strain on reality that people start dying "coincidentally" (note that none of the deaths, however unlikely, are impossible).

At least that's what I believe for now.
Old 2012-02-25, 03:42   Link #135
Voxxen
Observer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
I'm convinced that the Another isn't doing anything apart from existing. I'm also going with the librarian guy's theory that there is no malicious entity at work here. It's more like, the mere existence of something that shouldn't be is causing kind of a strain on reality that people start dying "coincidentally" (note that none of the deaths, however unlikely, are impossible).

At least that's what I believe for now.
I'll say it now:

1: "Another" behind the murders? (NOT likely) As I've started, thinking about the events leading to the seventh episode. From what we have been told, "It", Itself does not know its dead. So how can someone who goes about their normal lives have anything to do with these killings?(Not to mention the pure coincidental accidents they seem to be.) I retract my statements about the "Another" changing form, cause there is no evidence. (Idk where i even drew that idea)

Which draws me to the question, "If" the "Another" is not (causing/apart/or even knows the reason) of the murders.

A: Does "It" come back every year a new person?

B: If you kill "It", can you tell if "It's" the real "Another"?

C: On the field trip one of the classes stopped it. Did they find the root cause of the "Force" behind the murders? (Still, not convinced on the teacher incident) If they did, what could they have left behind that seems to be so terrifying? (If it is not a trap of some kind, a lot can go wrong on a bus up a mountain)

D: What if the "Another" finds out it IS the "Another"?

E: Is "It" a victim in this object as well?

F: Could the "Another" be a person given identify's or traits of the killed victims?

I have some more, but I don't want to go overboard on these random questions that probably won't get answered until later episodes. (Though, it is fun to speculate)

2: I do agree that the only person that seems to have extended knowledge about the incidents seems to be the librarian... He also has that... I wouldn't say guilty, but misleading kind of feel to him as well. Like he has an ulterior motive? Anyone with me?

3: I still think that glass incident is big... Somehow, BIG... No other murder has had even a close chance of survival.

4: Kouichi... Oh, Kouichi... Earlier in the series the students stated, The classroom is "more closer to death", than any other classrooms. Maybe with how close Kouichi and the reaper have been in the past, he has some weight on this "Force"?

5: It's almost like a fork in the road, this "Force" builds up some kind of trigger and sets fate on its way, there seems to always be a trigger in these killings. Not always from an external force, but from some very strong emotion that grips the character as well, kind of like the flight or fight instinct, but there is of course more to it. It's almost like a game of shogi (chess), where this "Force" plays against that persons "Fate" and there are times in these killings where they might be avoided. The girl that got skewed through the throat for instance, she could have swallowed her panic finding the twin duo together and suppressed her fear for her mother (though it seemed as if her panic out weighed her fear), walking down the closer stairs and possibly avoiding her "Fate". (Granted, when we humans feel that emotional it is a seemingly impossible thing to do... Much less on our minds... Why did i write this?)

Tell me your thoughts.

Last edited by Voxxen; 2012-02-25 at 04:04.
Old 2012-02-25, 04:47   Link #136
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Send a message via AIM to AuraTwilight Send a message via MSN to AuraTwilight
Quote:
A: Does "It" come back every year a new person?
Yes, it's a new person every year, and is apparently a former victim of the phenomenon.
Old 2012-02-25, 05:08   Link #137
totoum
Me at work

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraTwilight View Post
Yes, it's a new person every year, and is apparently a former victim of the phenomenon.
It's not every year,for exemple there was no Another in the previous year,no countermeasures were needed.
Old 2012-02-25, 12:46   Link #138
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Send a message via AIM to AuraTwilight Send a message via MSN to AuraTwilight
I know, I meant, 'every year the phenomena happens'. I was just countering the concept of a Singular 'Other' across the years the person was suggesting.
Old 2012-02-25, 17:59   Link #139
Hakuromatsu

Quote:
It's not every year,for exemple there was no Another in the previous year,no countermeasures were needed.
When was that said? I was under the impression that there was an Another every year; did I miss something?
Old 2012-02-25, 21:45   Link #140
totoum
Me at work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakuromatsu View Post
When was that said? I was under the impression that there was an Another every year; did I miss something?
A the begining of episode 4

Quote:
-Does that mean it's going to happen again this year?
-Maybe.Nothing happened last year.
There's also the fact that at first the students of class 3 thought it wasn't happening this year (episode 4 , about 17:15)

Quote:
I honestly thought it wouldn't happen this year
They didn't bother ignoring anyone at first (Mei wasn't being ignored at the start of the schoolyear,she only started on May 1st),if it happens every year they never would have considered the possibility of it not happening this year.