AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kami nomi/TWGOK

Notices

Old 2014-04-18, 04:49   Link #9881
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altes View Post
Sounds like a lame ending. What's with all the series ending in a shitty way...
I have heard some posit that the series got ax'd, and Wakaki had way less time to wrap things up than he hoped.... And although it is not based on any hard facts, my opinion at present leans in the same direction.
Old 2014-04-18, 04:49   Link #9882
Miraluka
Banned

^
I wonder the same, many manga have a lame ending that are open or just ignores away the questions about raised by the series itself. Btw, if those are the contents of the letter its doesn't makes sense to be embarrased and then getting wings, wtf o_O.

Many things felt forced and I can't say I'm satisfied, I'm borderline indifferent and have a "Wait, is that all?" feeling.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-18, 04:52   Link #9883
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraluka View Post
^
I wonder the same, many manga have a lame ending that are open or just ignores away the questions about raised by the series itself. Btw, if those are the contents of the letter its doesn't makes sense to be embarrased and then getting wings, wtf o_O.
Yep. This basically destroyed the ending if it's true. A major point that was raised, reraised... and then just dropped like a hot potatoe? Seems weird... why introduce it then in the first place? I have to wonder if it would have actually been better to not reveal it instead of doing this.

I guess the ending was decided during writing it...
Old 2014-04-18, 04:52   Link #9884
Altes
Banned

The letter has nothing to do with Tenri's wings, anyway. Sad that her wings remained a Deus ex Machina.
Altes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-18, 04:53   Link #9885
Manic
real men love pink

haha thats why i dont get too excited when manga's end, 80% of them have lame ass endings. I thought this might have a shot to be in that slim 20% cus it had a good set up chapter, but failed to capitalize on it. I also find it hard to believe this manga was axed, it was normally ranked in the top 8 of shonen sunday i thought. Plus around 3/4 of it was animated, seemed like it made decent money.

i'd agree with omimon and say it was more or less a chihiro ending. The rejection was expected since thats their relationship in a nut shell. Once I see the scan i could be more certain, cus if she is blushing while telling him to go die, its obv her being tsun and a def chihiro ending. With her asking him out to tea its pretty much a done deal anyway.
Old 2014-04-18, 04:57   Link #9886
ultimate_noob
Skwid Fan

I'll be waiting for that new manga, Wakaki. Thanks for this awesome(?) ride....
ultimate_noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-18, 05:03   Link #9887
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
The letter has nothing to do with Tenri's wings, anyway. Sad that her wings remained a Deus ex Machina.
AFAIK, it was expicitly stated at some point, that the wings activated/growed after reading the letter.
Old 2014-04-18, 05:11   Link #9888
hlh3rd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdway View Post
Poor Haqua, what about her?

This doesn't feels like the end of the series but the end of an arc.

Btw, Keima got rejected, ha, karma. I don't think Chihiro end is confirmed because she rejected him, sure there are chances just saying that is confirmed would make the parte where she turns him down a waste of pages that could have usted to explain other things.
Chihiro came back and asked Keima out for tea, meaning she still loves him, and we have a Chihiro end.

I like the ending, and I thank God Wakaki didn't do like some wanted, and have Keima make love confessions to the other girls, which would have made for a truly lame ending of epic proportions. A harem ending would have been a total suckfest.
Old 2014-04-18, 05:13   Link #9889
Altes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
AFAIK, it was expicitly stated at some point, that the wings activated/growed after reading the letter.
But she didn't read the letter until recently... Or did she read all three letters in the past? Two of them - yes, but are we sure she was able to grow the wings because she had read the third one?
Old 2014-04-18, 05:17   Link #9890
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
But she didn't read the letter until recently... Or did she read all three letters in the past? Two of them - yes, but are we sure she was able to grow the wings because she had read the third one?
Yes that is what I am saying. It was said that Diane's wings could not grow for some reason. THEN after Tenri read the last letter, Diane suddenly could grow the wings. But if we believe the spoilers, then that makes absolutely no sense.
Old 2014-04-18, 05:27   Link #9891
pampz21
ShipCore

I think Iam gonna buy a plastic bomb.

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-18, 05:28   Link #9892
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic View Post
... Ialso find it hard to believe this manga was axed, it was normally ranked in the top 8 of shonen sunday i thought. Plus around 3/4 of it was animated, seemed like it made decent money.....
Yes. These and other points regarding its large popularity and commercial success are often brought up to say there is no way it could be ax'd. And I would agree.

But it still stands that the ending is out of nowhere for most of his fans and that he is quite capable of wrapping up very stories (and very effectively too) as shown in much of the rest of this work.

At the moment most can only speculate that it was indeed ax'd.

Neither solution "makes sense", and based on those two options one either has to believe that Wakaki gave up or that he was forced to end things. Most incline to his being forced to end things based on Wakaki's track record.

But this is only the fan reaction and only based on what little information we have. There could be other pieces of the puzzle (like his unannounced next work) which will suddenly clear things up, but we now most are in the dark and forced to speculate due to lack of hard info.
Old 2014-04-18, 05:31   Link #9893
liro
Super Driver

Just read the raw.. ಠ_ಠ wtf with that ending, it was as bad as school rumble/z ending.
Old 2014-04-18, 06:11   Link #9894
konart

Donno. The ending was rushed to little surprise, but it's a pretty good ending nevertheless.
Spoiler for END:
Old 2014-04-18, 06:37   Link #9895
The Green One

Since when has there ever been a series that involved any sort of shipping at all have an ending where there wasn't complaining?

Answer: Never. There always is complaining. There always has been. There always will be. There is no such thing as an ending that will satisfy everybody.

A series like this with all sorts of shipping options is going to create just as much complaining.

If this is the ending you wanted, then great. If this wasn't what you were hoping for then at least remember the good times you had with this story and move on to the next one.

Sometimes in life you just don't get what you want.
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-18, 06:42   Link #9896
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Spoiler for Flag 268 observations:
Old 2014-04-18, 06:42   Link #9897
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Well if Keima really is Zeus/Jupiter then open endings are acceptable, since in myth everybody is/wants to be struck by his divine lightning bolt.

Even his *ahem* children.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-18, 06:54   Link #9898
Freeter
beyond

Haqua not even in the final chapter? Damn Wakaki, you fell off HARD.

I won't be surprised if his next series is some Idolmaster ripoff so he can milk the Kanon fans even more.
Old 2014-04-18, 07:03   Link #9899
kampfer91
Master Eugenist

I have read the raw , yet i still can't understand this ending , only god know .

That 's it ? I feel like he suddenly dropped the series .
kampfer91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-18, 07:08   Link #9900
Altes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
Since when has there ever been a series that involved any sort of shipping at all have an ending where there wasn't complaining?

Answer: Never. There always is complaining. There always has been. There always will be. There is no such thing as an ending that will satisfy everybody.

A series like this with all sorts of shipping options is going to create just as much complaining.

If this is the ending you wanted, then great. If this wasn't what you were hoping for then at least remember the good times you had with this story and move on to the next one.

Sometimes in life you just don't get what you want.
Believe it or not, shipping was the last thing I cared about in this series. Conquering girls was a part of the story rather than Keima's actual goal, and all I wanted was an ending that's able to wrap things up without any BS. Instead we got a last moment Elsie reveal, an unnecessary Deus ex Machina and an awful Tenri teaser. I couldn't care less who Keima chooses, I just don't want any loose ends left unattended.

/rant

Tags
comedy, harem, shounen