AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-08-01, 23:06   Link #1021
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

it's true you don't enter into an anime show genred as harem and expect something groundbreaking, yet people still do and when they realise that a harem genred show is just as the labels says it, a "harem" genre they then post how bad and haremish it is. Obviously logic is lacking when the show is based on a harem game, adapted into a harem anime then people complain how typically harem it is..... What else do you expect it is? It's like people purposely watch shows they don't like then complain about it on the forums.
Old 2009-08-02, 00:02   Link #1022
Slick_rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrath88 View Post
In what ways are Teppei considered 'idealized', may I ask? Certainly, his reaction to Charlotte's provocations remind me of Tayutama's Yuuri somewhat, but there's no whipping boy position like Itsuki to Rin in Shuffle, so there's kind of a lower level of comedy with Teppei.

Manic is right too, we can't really judge how this will turn out at this stage. Just have to wait and see.
He's too much of a problem solver. He comes in and immediate starts saving lives (Charlotte), curing loneliness (Sylvia), and fixing a family feud that gone on for years (Seika). World hunger next? Also he takes the moral high ground every time. Seika insults him and his family but he sets out to prove her wrong through hard work and perseverance. How truly saintly and completely and utterly boring.

He has nothing interesting going on. Where this family murder plot line? Does he want vengeance or is he content to play around with these girls for the rest of the show? Boring. Sorry, but I dislike Ecchi so if he doesn't bring the drama or a decent story I'm going to be very bored throughout. He needs to stop trying to be so damn perfect. Kick a baby, slap a bitch... do something so he isn't so damnably uninteresting.
Old 2009-08-02, 03:10   Link #1023
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

hmmm well let him be let him rant all he want at least we get an idea on what is on his mind right?

as for now im w8ing fo the next episode

and ill judge this only and after the anime is done usually many people grade anime by its episode quality and not as a whole.

as for teppei i can say is the he is more like above average protagonist.well it differ as for me above average is somewhat like a person who can do almost anything if he set his mind on it

as for now Sylvie i WILL stalk you to the end of the earth hahahahha
technomo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-02, 04:52   Link #1024
Wrath88
Kissing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick_rick View Post
He's too much of a problem solver. He comes in and immediate starts saving lives (Charlotte), curing loneliness (Sylvia), and fixing a family feud that gone on for years (Seika). World hunger next? Also he takes the moral high ground every time. Seika insults him and his family but he sets out to prove her wrong through hard work and perseverance. How truly saintly and completely and utterly boring.

He has nothing interesting going on. Where this family murder plot line? Does he want vengeance or is he content to play around with these girls for the rest of the show? Boring. Sorry, but I dislike Ecchi so if he doesn't bring the drama or a decent story I'm going to be very bored throughout. He needs to stop trying to be so damn perfect. Kick a baby, slap a bitch... do something so he isn't so damnably uninteresting.
Good point... Too perfect sometimes. The anime should throw him into some 'compromising' situations that down his reputation. That would be really interesting. (Obviously, Charlotte's 'riding' doesn't count)
Old 2009-08-02, 09:15   Link #1025
panpo98
Disabled By Request

The result may have been perfect but only thanks to the people around him. Charlotte and Sylvia was more like yealing what are you doing (Charlotte) or saying one sentence (Sylvia) and spending the rest of the time being himself, being save by the butler (ep1) or letting Charlotte setting up the situation then she talked to Sylvia (ep 2).

Seika was the first situation he rely tried to fix (The other ones just happened to go his way thanks to other people). If Seika with all she already knew about him (not having anything to do with the feud) didn't give him a chance after his talk then we would instead be yealling how someone so talented can be so dumb. Took him 3 ep. (He actually fought back under the table and with his words, ep4).

Besides, it is not strange of a guy to at least trying to get along with a girl that is rich and talented so that you aren't in constant war for something you had nothing to do with that happened long before you were born. Trying to make friends is nothing unusual then you come to a new school or work.

Last edited by panpo98; 2009-08-02 at 09:26.
panpo98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-02, 10:23   Link #1026
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

And here we go...

Princess Lover! episode 05 (tentative)
Spoiler for 2chan thread for Princess Lover! episode 05 (tentative):
GUIDELINES / RULES:
- Do NOT spread the 2chan link.
- If you want to quote my post, then please ERASE THE URL.
- If you want to (re)post screenshots from 2chan, then reload them on Imageshack and kindly supply the new links. In other words, do NOT hotlink. Why? It's simple: when the short-lived 2chan threads get junked along with their contents (aka screencaps), the broken urls automatically lead the user to a pageful of adult advertisements, a category of content outlawed by Animesuki's policy on inappropriate material.

Forewarning:
I'll erase the URL in a few hours (at least until the first raw or blog entry appears you-know-where) so, if you want to visit the page later on, save my link somewhere (in your bookmarks or notepad...whatever) while it's still up.

EDIT: link retracted due to the raw's appearance on the dedicated networks of distribution. Please acquire it instead. Or wait a couple days/hours until Omniscient has his blog entry written and posted (at which time I'll have the link forwarded here).

Last edited by Renegade334; 2009-08-03 at 01:58. Reason: 2chan link removal.
Renegade334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-02, 10:49   Link #1027
Slick_rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by panpo98 View Post
The result may have been perfect but only thanks to the people around him. Charlotte and Sylvia was more like yealing what are you doing (Charlotte) or saying one sentence (Sylvia) and spending the rest of the time being himself, being save by the butler (ep1) or letting Charlotte setting up the situation then she talked to Sylvia (ep 2).

Seika was the first situation he rely tried to fix (The other ones just happened to go his way thanks to other people). If Seika with all she already knew about him (not having anything to do with the feud) didn't give him a chance after his talk then we would instead be yealling how someone so talented can be so dumb. Took him 3 ep. (He actually fought back under the table and with his words, ep4).

Besides, it is not strange of a guy to at least trying to get along with a girl that is rich and talented so that you aren't in constant war for something you had nothing to do with that happened long before you were born. Trying to make friends is nothing unusual then you come to a new school or work.
So you're saying its there fault for being easy? It doesn't really speak well for either of them. Things work out for him even when he doesn't try and the girls given in without much of a fight. Both are extremely boring.

The Seika situation was the best "arc" so far. Almost exclusively due to Seika though. He did nothing but play the bigger man and take the punishment. His "fighting" back under the table was halfhearted and completely futile, not only that he then goes into a praising speech about someone he barely knows and who treats him like shit. Seika brought the drama and he killed it which left me with the same boring story it had when she wasn't the center of attention. She met him in episode 2 but didn't bring the drama till mid way episode 3 so it's more like 1 1/2 episodes most of which was filled with him taking the highroad.

I don't have a problem with him trying to end the feud I just having a problem with how he generally handled it. Like I said I don't like idealized characters. He even said something like Seika has a right to be more arrogant. Wow, Teppei truly you are a saint come down from heaven. Please return there.
Old 2009-08-02, 11:39   Link #1028
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

I uploaded the background of the upcoming PS2 ported Princess Lover from the official website.
Spoiler for larger image:
The PS2 game is going to come out sometimes in winter, and it appears (don't quote me on that though), that apart from the purple haired girlfriend of Seika, the loli Maria, Sylvia's sister might also get promoted to a heroine. (Of course since it's on console, there won't be ero-content in that version though.)
Old 2009-08-02, 12:13   Link #1029
Manic
real men love pink

boy that would be bad.
Not only would you lose your fiance to some other girl, but that other girl would be your little sister.
Old 2009-08-02, 12:56   Link #1030
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

B-but, she's adorable!
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-02, 13:46   Link #1031
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by izmosmolnar View Post
The PS2 game is going to come out sometimes in winter, and it appears (don't quote me on that though), that apart from the purple haired girlfriend of Seika, the loli Maria, Sylvia's sister might also get promoted to a heroine. (Of course since it's on console, there won't be ero-content in that version though.)
No mention of that anywhere so far though. She's not even currently featured in the character profile in the game's website.

It might also be important to note that Maria is also present in the original promotional picture of the PC game long before.

kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-02, 13:54   Link #1032
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

Wasn't there a mention that there will be two extra heroines in the PS2 version though? I may be remembering that wrong, but if the second would be Seika's other girlfriend they should have included her in the above promotional picture IMO.
But anyway as I said, "don't quote me on that though", since I was only voicing my thoughts. It'd be kinda logical to animate a loli, and unlike the original's promo image, Maria is separated with Sylvia which also seems to imply my assumptions.
Well who knows... Seeing the almost complete lack of images (Images and not CGs) in this thread, I feel posting the above promo image was worth it, even if I may have been drawing the incorrect conclusion.

Edit: Additionally if you observe the character page, the third from the left in the second row (the concealed profile under Seika) seems to be Maria, since the others definitely don't resemble on her. And all the other 5 in the first two row are heroines, why would she be the only one who's not?

Last edited by izmosmolnar; 2009-08-02 at 14:10.
izmosmolnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-02, 14:10   Link #1033
kujoe
from head to heel

Well, I don't know either, but I just thought we were jumping into conclusions. Plus, wikipedia reports the announcement for Ayano only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by izmosmolnar View Post
Edit: Additionally if you observe the character page, the third from the left in the second row (the concealed profile under Seika) seems to be Maria, since the others definitely don't resemble on her. And all the other 5 in the first two row are heroines, why would she be the only one who's not?
All the characters will be featured there, but my point is that the heroines have been featured already.
Old 2009-08-02, 14:21   Link #1034
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Now, lets all calm down a bit I know seeing negative comments towards a show you like can be aggravating, but everyone is entitled to their own opinion and expressing it. Please remember that having different opinion doesn't necessarily mean either is right or wrong - they are just different, and going to war over them, while potentially tempting, just takes any fun out of it - so relax and take a deep breath, we can all live in this thread as long as we don't proceed with jumping at each other's throats
Old 2009-08-02, 14:23   Link #1035
kujoe
from head to heel

I'm sorry...?

I was not aware that we were arguing about something in that manner. I was just discussing the info on the PS2 game that's currently available so far.
Old 2009-08-02, 14:26   Link #1036
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

As I said, I might have drawn the incorrect conclusion. I guess we will find out when they have some further announcement.

Edit: I'm under the impression that was only a friendly discussion between me and kujoe, and not an argument of some sort. At least I definitely didn't have any intention to seem negative or offensive. (My apologies if I did without me knowing about it)
Old 2009-08-02, 14:33   Link #1037
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

He's not talking about your conversation. He's talking about the one before your conversation.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-02, 15:11   Link #1038
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Dark... Matter... Swimsuit...

Spoiler for ep5:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)

Last edited by serenade_beta; 2009-08-02 at 15:27.
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-02, 16:00   Link #1039
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Spoiler:
Manji Midou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-02, 17:38   Link #1040
Manic
real men love pink

i think the opposite, with the events in this episode it builds up more towards a sylvia ending. Even tho he was on a date with char most of the development went sylvia's way. If he continues with char it will prolly end up with him realizing he has feelings for syl. Still kinda early to tell, but this is my opinion so far.

Tags
comedy, ecchi, eroge, romance, seinen