AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Old 2013-01-17, 01:53   Link #1
BK210

Anime with a satisfying conclusion

Of most the series I have seen so far I can only think of about 3 or 4 with fully satisfying endings.... I was wondering without spoilers which series you guys felt had the most satisfying endings for both happy/sad reasons and if you would have any suggestions based on a good series to watch that actually manages to stay strong at the end as well as at the start
BK210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-17, 02:00   Link #2
jedinat

Full Moon wo Sagashite - great anime, great ending
Level E - the last episode is pretty epic; the series is made up of several story arcs, some better than others but overall very worth the watch
jedinat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-17, 05:20   Link #3
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Shakugan no Shana series has 3 seasons with the 1st being great, and 2nd being a little bit weaker during one arc, but the 3rd season had a really satisfying ending to the story.
Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica (watch to 3rd ep minimal) Excellent series that only got better as it went (the ending being really good).
Steins;Gate - it might start off feeling slowed paced, but it builds up and has a great ending.
Katanagatari - To warn this series has a lot dialogue but is great overall.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-17, 06:02   Link #4
BK210

Thanks for the feedback guys Ah yes I've watched madoka was one of my favourite series out of the stuff I've watched recently, really ties up everything well at the end
Old 2013-01-17, 08:52   Link #5
larethian

How about fullmetal alchemist brotherhood? I honestly feel that few can beat that.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-17, 08:53   Link #6
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Maison Ikkoku has one of the best endings of any anime. Multiple people commented about how it had such a great ending which is why I watched it and I came away agreeing.

The others I would pick are more controversial. Some people don't like the endings, but I thought they were great:

Madoka Magica
Chrono Crusade
Cross Game
Neon Genesis Evangelion
, if you include End of Evangelion
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-17, 08:59   Link #7
BK210

Okay thanks for the response guys you have both mentioned fullmetal alchemist so I figure i'll try and get round to watching that soon as all I ever hear about the series is good things so it would make sense to check it out
Old 2013-01-17, 14:49   Link #8
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

I would say Baccano! has an excellent conclusion if you don't count the three extra episodes. It might be confusing at first, but it ties so many plot threads together at the end perfectly. I seriously recommend this one. Also, the English dub of this is great.

Code Geass and Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann have pretty good endings too.

Seconding Katanagatari and Steins;Gate.
Old 2013-01-17, 15:29   Link #9
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

These come from a variety of genres, but they all have conclusive endings.

Bakeneko
Bartender
Cross Game
Dennou Coil
Kemono no Sou-ja Erin
Ghost Hound
Saraiya Goyou ("House of Five Leaves")
Seirei no Moribito
Mononoke (anthology series; each arc has an ending)
Monster
Mouryou no Hako (search Google)
Nodame Cantabile (if you include the sequels)
Noein
Oh! Edo Rocket
Planetes
Saiunkoku Monogatari (Out-of-print. There's a second season, but the first does conclude.)
Shion no Ou
Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 (just licensed)
Tsuritama
Usagi Drop

Juuni Kokki ("Twelve Kingdoms") has a decisive conclusion to the main arc which covers episodes 1-39. There's a second, six-episode story which is very rushed because the novelist became ill.

Last edited by SeijiSensei; 2013-01-17 at 18:45. Reason: Added Tsuritama
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-17, 17:14   Link #10
kitten320

FMA has 2 versions of anime. FMA and Brotherhood. First one has anime original story and second follows manga. Ending wise I guess Brotherhood is more satisfying but i still would recommend to watch first series when you get time. Their story and solutions are different despite having same setting.

Closed ending wise I liked the following:

Aria series. It has 3 season and 1 OVA. Proper conclusion is in season 3. Everything else just gradually leads to it. However, series are very calm and are not recommended if you are in action mood. It only should be watched when you want to relax. With that set of mind series are strong and conclusion has massive impact once you watch whole thing.

Baccano! had a nice conclusion especially if you watch OVAs that follow after anime.

I liked Code Geass conclusion, one of the main reasons why I raised the mark.

GTO had an over all nice conclusion even though anime cut out lots of material from manga.

Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica had a satisfying conclusion.

Seirei no Moribito - probably one of my fave conclusions. Well it could be better fan wise but it is good as it is. Series have good start and over all interesting story and execution, different from typical anime. Do highly recommend.
Old 2013-01-17, 21:48   Link #11
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Juuni Kokki ("Twelve Kingdoms") has a decisive conclusion to the main arc which covers episodes 1-39. There's a second, six-episode story which is very rushed because the novelist became ill.
I agree with the main story of it being very conclusion, but the 6 episode arc made me hesitant to suggest it.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-17, 22:19   Link #12
Kurohane

-Busou Renkin
-Gosick
-Valkyria Chronicles
-Sword Art Online
Old 2013-01-20, 20:52   Link #13
GreatTeacherKen

An older series, but Gunbuster has a very poignant ending and it's probably one of the few non controversial endings to a Gainax anime.

Angelic Layer also has a very well built up and moving ending.

Manabi Straight has an ending that always gives me the warm fuzzies. Be sure to watch until the end of the credits.

K-ON! Second Season or K-ON! Movie The endings to both works take place at the same time chronologically and if you've grown attached to the characters by the end of the series, you'll probably be driven to tears.

Last edited by GreatTeacherKen; 2013-01-21 at 00:24.
GreatTeacherKen is offline   Reply With Quote