AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga > To Aru... Railgun [M/LN]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-08-04, 07:31   Link #4681
RPG_Fanatic
Fallere825

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero8420 View Post
Anyway, let's just say that Touma will deal with Mikoto.
This is what I was expecting Touma's role to be ever since the spoilers came out. I would say it is too soon to say which of the girls will be handling exterior, Gensei, and Mitori.
Old 2013-08-04, 08:20   Link #4682
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaeraal View Post
I was just pointing out to the different treatment of 2 people in the same situation.
The gifted person gets rewarded, the no-gifted person gets punished. Which is quite ironic.
The gifted person was forced to be "level upped" while the non-gifted person choose to use the "level upper" despite being warned against it.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Old 2013-08-04, 08:36   Link #4683
zaeraal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sackett View Post
The gifted person was forced to be "level upped" while the non-gifted person choose to use the "level upper" despite being warned against it.
But that's normal and quite logical, no? The gifted one has no reason to use it, while you don't have to force the other one to use it.
It would be weird if it was the other way around, but that was not the point of my previous post.

Besides, she was not really warned against it.. I believe they just said they arrest those people who used it.
Old 2013-08-04, 09:35   Link #4684
Shinhwa
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkmntrainer7 View Post
Probably the cover for the next volume.

Best Level 5s in every way x)
Old 2013-08-04, 10:09   Link #4685
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
It makes sense.

The fact that his plans were destroyed when Hamazura beat Mugino is also related to her. I think that relation is the "parameter list". Mikoto actually only had the potential to become a level 3 or level 4 at best. But he liked her so much he spent half of AC's human and financial resource to turn her into a level 5. This is also why it's so difficult to create level 5 clones of hers ... because the original herself could hardly become a level 5 to begin with.
When Aleister discovered Hamazura's link with Takitsubou, he anticipated that he'd learn about Takitsubou being a potential level 5 sooner or later. Thus also knowing about the parameter list, and leading to him eventually learning about his secret concerning Mikoto.

His real plan is actually to use a spell similar to Angel Fall to transform all beings on earth into Mikoto clones. But such simple plan can easily be countered by killing the original. So he needed to protect her at all cost.
So naturally, all of his actions during the first part of Index were to minimise Mikoto's connection with the dark side and the magic side as much as possible (hence why her lack of screentime), he even went as far as using his broken powers to make her oblivious to magic. However, since Hamazura discovered the existence of the parameter list (and would probably share the info to the other members of the Kamijou faction, especially birdway & co), the risk of anyone finding out about Mikoto being given super special treatment and protection (as well as his entire plan) increases. Thus why he isn't doing anything anymore in NT, which leads to Mikoto being more involved and less oblivious to magic.

Papa Mikasa's connexion with Aleister becomes even more clear, now. Aleister asked him for her hand, but Papa eventually refused. Nevertheless, Aleister gave him his number in case he'd change his mind.

Aleister, you sick bastard.
Nooooo! I can't believe you seriously took that speculation into consideration.

OK, alright. I surrender. Mikoto turns out to be one of Aleister's 'favorite' as well, even though she lacks of screentime in relation with Aleister's plan.

By the way, am I the only one who loves Mitori's character design? Cause I have a fetish on high-heels, leggings and nurse outfit.
Old 2013-08-04, 11:05   Link #4686
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
By the way, am I the only one who loves Mitori's character design? Cause I have a fetish on high-heels, leggings and nurse outfit.
A-are you me? Twintails are also a big plus in my book, though. Had she been younger and with blonde hair, I'd have probably died right on the spot
Old 2013-08-04, 11:06   Link #4687
Shinhwa
Banned

Mitori looks like this popular yu-gi-oh card called Tour Guide from the Underworld =w=;
Old 2013-08-04, 11:12   Link #4688
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
A-are you me? Twintails are also a big plus in my book, though. Had she been younger and with blonde hair, I'd have probably died right on the spot
Oh yes, twintails as well.

Well, I guess I'm not alone here.
Old 2013-08-04, 11:58   Link #4689
Miraluka
Banned

Well, its kind of obvious Gensei is challenging Aleister and it reminded me of this:

Quote:
“I’m sure you know,” he responded as if spitting out the words. “Other than the fact that the format you were basing it on was much too old, what you were trying to do is very similar to my plan. They are both the idea to change the world by preparing a temple filled with strange power, drawing out the power of the right arm within that temple, and readjusting the thickness of the phase itself with that power. How is Academy City different from a small world that has sealed a certain type of power? You just need to look at your own actions from a different viewpoint. Just by doing that, you should be able to understand the true nature of that power. …If you had succeeded in doing that, you may have reached our goal before I did.”
IF Academy City works as the temple which houses the Imaginary District number, then what Gensei did was to readjust it.

And now... what is left is to draw out Touma's right hand power. And just so happens Touma is going towards him.
Old 2013-08-04, 13:31   Link #4690
mark1246

JUst read the chapter in english and it clear out a little bit when i read it in the forum. Can't wait for August 27th or 26th to see in misaka in action
Old 2013-08-04, 14:18   Link #4691
Ilidsor
Angelerator

Well I just got too anxious waiting for the english translation and gave in to the urge to look at the spoilers.

Spoiler for Length:

Seriously demon-Misaka just looks so damn cool! I didn't even get close to seeing that coming.

I don't think it's "awakening" though. Not only does it look completely different it's also something done to her as opposed to something she achieves like for Acel and Kakine.

Also I don't think Touma will come in and save te day perfectly. I bet Misaka will regain some control of herself (possibly with help from Misaka 10032 or even LO) then save the day herself. Touma will play a part sure but not that much. Maybe just saving Misaka from "overloading" after she beats all the bad guys.

Now with the Misaka Network becoming involved I bet that Accelerator will show up at the end of the arc like he did in the Remnant Arc. Just to kill or seriously injure Gensei.
Old 2013-08-04, 15:12   Link #4692
Haigon

I was the only that thought about Nayuta? ;_;
Old 2013-08-04, 20:55   Link #4693
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Sample cover for the next volume?

Old 2013-08-04, 22:10   Link #4694
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilidsor View Post
Also I don't think Touma will come in and save te day perfectly. I bet Misaka will regain some control of herself (possibly with help from Misaka 10032 or even LO) then save the day herself. Touma will play a part sure but not that much. Maybe just saving Misaka from "overloading" after she beats all the bad guys.
Like I said, he won't 'save the day' single-handed by simply going one-man-army and finish everything with one giant swipe. After all, Misaki will very likely to deal with the Exterior. But not until someone else pins down old man Gensei.

@RPG
Well, I did mentioned that Misaki will deal with Exterior, since she knows it better than anyone else. Sorry for the late reply, yeah.
Old 2013-08-04, 22:43   Link #4695
Ihaxlikenoob
Nine Lives Blade Works

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post

You're kinda late.
Old 2013-08-05, 04:11   Link #4696
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

That's because I don't check this place as often as I used to anymore- as evident from my 5 hours later response.
Old 2013-08-05, 07:24   Link #4697
cleed

Looking at that sample pic it gives me the impression that this whole plot is some sort of setup by Misaki to take control of Mikoto, her clones and the network.
Old 2013-08-05, 07:25   Link #4698
cleed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post

Wait.... volume or chapter?
Old 2013-08-05, 07:35   Link #4699
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleed View Post
Looking at that sample pic it gives me the impression that this whole plot is some sort of setup by Misaki to take control of Mikoto, her clones and the network.
Nope. It is clear that old man Gensei is running the whole show here.
Old 2013-08-05, 09:12   Link #4700
Shinhwa
Banned

Quote:
Nope. It is clear that old man Gensei is running the whole show here.
Except behind him, there is Aleister pulling the strings!
Closed Thread

Tags
fantasy, shounen