Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2010-07-30, 19:53   Link #21
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
Unorthodox fighting styles:

Konata of Lucky Star (Mortal Kombat: learning fighting by games, manga or anime)
Killerbee of Naruto (7-8 swords)
I found Killer Bee's sword style utterly stupid, was just weird really.

For there are only 2 people that know how to use more than 2 swords at a time and they are Zoro(3 swords) from One Piece and Erza(1-4) from Fairy Tail.

Luffy from One Piece has to get a vote from me, his style makes for some of the most creative and greatest action scenes I've seen in anime.

Death the Kidd with his handgun dual wielding is also great to see, altho he holds the guns upside down it's still very cool.

Most of the guys from Sengoku Basara have cool styles, all of which are just OTT but immensely fun to see

Hei from Darker than Black, I'll just quote Haladflire65 here

Quote:
Chinsese Electric Batman. 'Nuff said.
For the lolz I have to say Grenadier, nothing says awesome like boob bullet reloading
Old 2010-07-30, 22:45   Link #22
Nadeko_Sengoku
Evil Vampire

Tomoyo from Clannad! Firing multiple kicks at someone and keeping them in the air for 30 seconds is awesome!
Nadeko_Sengoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-01, 05:58   Link #23
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Goku and the main Earth fighters from DBZ. They were just so powerful while still remaining very mortal. They are probably the most powerful psionic warriors in all of fiction. Their ESP matched that of cosmic supervillains and they were all martials artists. Goku is an icon and his fighting style in the probably the greatest of all time, internationally. That includes comics, cartoons, manga, etc.

Domon Kasshu in G Gundam for giving us the iconic Shining/Burning/ Bakunetsu God Finger and the Sekiha Love Love Tenkyoken.

Uchida clan for giving us the Sharingan Eye, the most iconic technique in Naruto.

Twilight Suzuka from Outlaw Star, for being a hot chick with nothing under her kimono and using her wooden bokken to slice through the air with such great force she could make the very air she displaced cut anything. One of the first sword wielding warrior girls I remember from Anime. Erza Scarlet kind of shares some of her aspects.

Spike Spiegel's Jeet Kune Do. (Cowboy Bebop)

Iria from Iria:Zeiram the Animation. One of the earliest action girls I can remember. From then on, it was girls like Kallen Stadtfeld that got my attention.

Himura Kenshin for being a complete badass as the Hitokiri Battousai and then inventing the most popular sword style of 1990s manga and anime, the style of the reverse blade katana.

Capcom and SNK fighting game characters that spawned several anime over the years. Who can forget the Hadoken and Power Wave?

Jubei from Ninja Scroll. Slice and dice.

Roy Mustang has the coolest casting of fire of any character in anything, ever. Snap your fingers, they spark like flint and make stuff go BOOM! FMA:Brotherhood... just look at the scene in the sewers when he's igniting something viciously.

Last edited by mechalord; 2010-08-01 at 06:13.
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-02, 17:47   Link #24
Alex Keller
Infornographer

Send a message via AIM to Alex Keller
Mugen, for me.
It was totally deviated from break dancing.
Shit was ill.
Alex Keller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-03, 11:54   Link #25
Ahiru77
あひる

I agree with mechalord on DBZ.

Except that Goku has the best fighting style.....i think Trunks's style is the best.
Ahiru77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-03, 12:34   Link #26
Gaara's Land

Taizanji Kenpō
you know the original rival style of Hokuto Shinken from the anime Fist of the North Star
Thats my fav lol,
It's nice to meet everyone, i am kinda new
Gaara's Land is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-04, 13:03   Link #27
mindovermatter
For me the bell tolls

Send a message via AIM to mindovermatter Send a message via MSN to mindovermatter Send a message via Yahoo to mindovermatter
Kenshins Hiten meterugi style with the reverse blade sword.
I read somewhere that it's based off of a real fighting style where the user pulls the sword from the sheath and kills all in one move. I want to say Batujitsu, but I may have that wrong.
mindovermatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-04, 23:43   Link #28
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadeko_Sengoku View Post
Alucard's fighting style. I win.
I cannot argue with this. Alucard from Hellsing rapes you all.

/thread.
Old 2010-08-05, 17:43   Link #29
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Kuroudo Akabane of Get Backers: probably my favorite in terms of techniques. He carries 108 scalpels and can throw them with complete deadly accuracy, can run as fast as a car, and can pull out magical swords of blood to combat his opponents.

Ryō Mashiba of Hajime no Ippo: Just plain awesome, he's like an evil Thomas Hearns, even looks kind of like him a little bit. HnI has plenty of awesome fighting styles, Morikawa overemphasizes the special techniques which make it a little unrealistic but that is actually one of the most entertaining aspects. For instance; Mashiba's flicker jab that seems to stretch out several extra feet and literally pushes Ippo back.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-17, 15:46   Link #30
Aka_Tsuki
NPC

Neji is my vote =)

Super fast strikes is too cool xD
Old 2010-08-21, 10:28   Link #31
WBoon
Smile, like HTT Girls
*Author

Send a message via MSN to WBoon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capone View Post
Masaru Daimon from Digimon Savers.
He is a human, and yet, he jumps up and punches Digimons during battles. He is a simple slugger, but the way he does it looks so awesome. His fighting style is plain and simply raw.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrHdXHdVJ8w
lmao Masaru ftw. There's a group of Digimon fans I know (including myself, of course) that thinks of him as the Chuck Norris on Digimon. lol Just pwanch it away, Daimon.

That's about it, I think. I'm not really into the fighting genre. lol
WBoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-24, 19:19   Link #32
CohenHuver0508

Definitely royal swordplay

The royal swordplay Aladdin uses in the magi siries is just so incredible to watch, he parries blows and then slides down the opponents swords, getting behind them. All around a cool style, which uses maneuverability over power.
CohenHuver0508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-25, 11:40   Link #33
Akito Kinomoto
Sekiroad-Idols Sing Twice

Send a message via AIM to Akito Kinomoto
Hokuto Shinken, obviously
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
GANBARIMASU
Akito Kinomoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-13, 18:06   Link #34
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

The two rounds of Raiden vs Vamp in Metal Gear Solid 4 was probably one of my favorites. The former is a cyborg and that pull a lot of stunts whereas Vamp as his name says, can compete with him. Even the motion actors had problems making them.

Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-14, 19:15   Link #35
Goshin

Send a message via AIM to Goshin Send a message via Yahoo to Goshin
No mentions of MC from Katanagatari? Dude fights with his bear hands against skilled swordsmen

"The Journey of thousand miles begins with the first step"

Goshin is offline   Reply With Quote