AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2011-06-10, 02:44   Link #1581
HasuMasu
*Artist

*ahem*

is there info on weather or not a specific part of volume 4 is going into the OVA?

or is it everything?
Old 2011-06-10, 02:56   Link #1582
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Last part of Vol 4 only, from what I see and hear.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-10, 03:12   Link #1583
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
WHAT!!???

no cecilia's maid?

no waterpark?

what the hell man

if that's true, i will rage so hard
Old 2011-06-10, 03:30   Link #1584
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Definitely no Chelsea and no waterpark--it'll all be the girls at Ichika's place, pretty much.
Old 2011-06-10, 03:36   Link #1585
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
Definitely no Chelsea and no waterpark--it'll all be the girls at Ichika's place, pretty much.
you just told a 5 year old santa-fanboy he doesn't exist

ARE YOU HAPPY NOW!!!???

lol, kinda disappointing, will just have to wait for the BT translation

whenever that happens, but no rush
Old 2011-06-10, 03:48   Link #1586
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Box View Post
you just told a 5 year old santa-fanboy he doesn't exist

ARE YOU HAPPY NOW!!!???
Oooh, I got +7 Renegade points.

Seriously, if it's just a one-shot and they're basing it on Vol.4, it makes sense they'd pick the one that has all the girls in it at once.
Old 2011-06-10, 04:36   Link #1587
neowind

i assume the author is doing better now. since a new volume came out. but over all it takes time to work though depression . sorry going off topic^_^
neowind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-10, 08:10   Link #1588
zeroknight03

Quote:
Originally Posted by justpassingby View Post
I opt "Karaware" to be translated as "Split the Heaven"
The original purpose of IS is for space exploration, but the novel doesn't delve into this. So lets look this from other POV, Houki's birthday is July 7 (Tanabata), where the "River" is the Milky Way. Shino as in "篠" means "Bamboo" grass, which probably can be remotely relates to Tales of Bamboo Cutter. And looking at Akatsubaki weapons' name, I wonder what Tabane really wants from Houki?
So she's both Kaguya-hime and Orihime? That's some special titles Houki's carrying.

Reading the wiki, Kaguya-hime is a beautiful girl that came from a split bamboo. Her real identity is that she came from the moon so that at one point, she cries whenever she looks at the full moon. I guess that's where the Rainy Moon thing comes from? Rain = tears?

And as a wild guess, maybe the moon refers to Tabane as a person (or Tabane's significance) since I read some posts that says the moon is important in the epilogues especially when Tabane is concerned. Looking at Tabane (or whatever Tabane has in plan) makes Houki cry/ would make Houki cry at some point in the future?

As for the Orihime title, her birthday is in Tanabata and Ichika acts as her Hikoboshi. So I guess that means Tabane is Deneb that leads to the reunion of the two?

And if we're going to go on a romantic tangent, is Karaware a verb or a noun? If we take it as the noun "Cracked Sky", it probably means the milky way (a figurative crack in the sky) that separates the lovers in the legend. If we take it as the verb "Splitting the heavens", maybe Tabane wants her to "cleave the heavens" or the Milky Way that divides Altair and Vega?

It's all just pure speculation (so don't take me too seriously). Guess I had too much fun finding a link between the swords' meaning and the different legends associated with Tanabata and Bamboo Cutter.
zeroknight03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-10, 09:21   Link #1589
hungryman238

ooo new volume I'm gonna go look
hungryman238 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-10, 09:26   Link #1590
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroknight03 View Post
So I guess that means Tabane is Deneb
- ...I'm sorry, I lack sleep and was listening to Kamen Rider Den-O music, so that probably did not give me the correct mental image...oh lord no...
Old 2011-06-10, 09:28   Link #1591
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
ooo new volume I'm gonna go look
new volume? where?

how many months has it been since volume 7 anyway?
Old 2011-06-10, 10:03   Link #1592
justpassingby

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroknight03 View Post
So she's both Kaguya-hime and Orihime? That's some special titles Houki's carrying.
Don't know which princess should Houki be. In the novel, after the bath and Aunt Yukiko (translate into Child of the Snow) put make up on Houki, she felt like she's a different person when she looks herself in the mirror, like a princess from somewhere else. Houki also realized she's in happy mood recently (vol 4 pg 156).
This is followed with Aunt Yukiko bringing Shinonono's Treasured Sword from the altar, and asked if Houki still has the Folding Fan. Then some description of Shinonono's Two Swords Style , and she performed the Kagura. The dance ended with the sword (on right hand, while the fan on the left) 'cutting the sky' (pg 158). And all this and many more in vol 04 will not make it to the anime

Notice how people around Houki are blessed with good/cute names, but not her. I like Tatenashi's down to earth name too (Plaque-less) or is it "Without the Shield"

Do take note that in both tales the princesses doesn't have "Happy Ending", (depending on how you define happy), and I'm prepared to face any endings the author planned for her, of course without any interruption/pressure/demand from fans

I still thinks Tabane is the bad guy girl, with Kuu as the Monkey, and Squall & Co. are the foxes, (of course Autumn is the Spider). And my instinct says Ugachi is a weapon to combat Chifuyu, while Amadzuki is to fight Tabane
There are 8-9 years gap betweeen Tabane and Houki, and I'm sure things happened before Houki had her first cry in the world and perhaps Tabane had her first happy/evil/whatever smile.
Yep I like my heroines' stories grim dark :P

Last edited by justpassingby; 2011-06-10 at 10:53.
justpassingby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-10, 10:50   Link #1593
zeroknight03

Quote:
Originally Posted by justpassingby View Post
Do take note that in both tales the princesses doesn't have "Happy Ending", (depending on how you define happy), and I'm prepared to face any endings the author planned for her, of course without any interruption/pressure/demand from fans

I still thinks Tabane is the bad guy girl, with Kuu as the Monkey, and Squall & Co. are the foxes, (of course Autumn is the Spider). And my instinct says Ugachi is a weapon to combat Chifuyu, while Amadzuki is to fight Tabane
There are 8-9 years gap betweeen Tabane and Houki, and I'm sure things happened before Houki had her first cry in the world and perhaps Tabane had her first happy/evil/whatever smile.
Monkey, fox and spider? I'm not that familiar with mythology so which story are we talking about here? My first guess when I heard monkey was Journey to the West but a lot of things appear there so I couldn't be sure.

And as for a "bad" ending for Houki, I'm okay with it as well. Or maybe like that idea that was thrown up long ago, maybe she can actually become the villain? I mean, she's becoming really strong (can replenish energy, S rank aptitude, a weapon that can blow through a golem that she managed to use accurately without reading the whole manual, most advanced IS).

A one hit kill weapon, infinite energy, highest stats due to AkaTsubaki and highest talent doesn't seem fitting for a character in the "good" side and seems more fitting for an enemy boss that must be defeated and redeemed by our "lovable" hero Ichika.

And there's that whole "getting carried away with power" issue that Houki has as well.
zeroknight03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-10, 20:05   Link #1594
hungryman238

Quote:
new volume? where?

how many months has it been since volume 7 anyway?
someone said new volume i was like omfg looking looking but i didn't find sorry for gettin your hopes up
Old 2011-06-10, 23:27   Link #1595
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
someone said new volume i was like omfg looking looking but i didn't find sorry for gettin your hopes up
i should've known, it hasn't even been 3 months

by the way, the translations have been stuck in limbo for a while now

Last edited by HasuMasu; 2011-06-11 at 02:56.
HasuMasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-11, 10:32   Link #1596
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:

If I can finish mine before mid-July, I'll change my username into Kira_IS.
Old 2011-06-11, 10:36   Link #1597
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Quote:

3 more page before baka to test chapter 1 is finished. Gonna finish IS vol 6 after baka test chapter 1 before taking a hiatus to finish baka to test vol 6.
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-11, 14:11   Link #1598
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
I'll directly jump to this chapter after ch.1, BTW, or I'll do Ch3. I have no interest in doing the Laura&Charl cat pajamas (though it looked cute in my head).
Old 2011-06-11, 16:26   Link #1599
hungryman238

omfg my sister is so fucking slow she messed up my computer all the tabs at the bottom are at the right side all crunched up togather FFS
Old 2011-06-11, 22:10   Link #1600
hungryman238

oooo who likes my new signiture I just got it today custom made :P

Tags
blockhead protagonist, comparison, fanservice, harem, manga rebooted, mecha, not dense mc, seinen, shounen