Notices

Old 2004-12-09, 05:49   Link #41
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

well, you can say the realism is out of the window when
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFool
I noticed that most anime is shown late night on satellite or pay-per-view. The otaku ones, at least (disregarding Conan, Precure, etc.) Is the market really that niche, even in Japan? What's suprising though, is how Marimite is shown in daytime.
AFAIK, Marimite is considered a shoujo show aimed at girls, it just somehow has attracted male otakus to watch it anyway (somewhat like the case with Precure I guess XD)
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-09, 11:30   Link #42
jonny-mt
どこ見てるのよ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by babbito2k
Re: Cutie Honey was nice but somehow it infected this other project. Nono was willing to work hard and so on, but it seems all you really have to do is flash your panties and rip off your blouse. It's a quick way to get attention, but is it really aiming for the top?
Well, the original Gunbuster was full of fanservice as well (my personal favorite is when Noriko flops down on the bed and you see her jiggle through her tank top), so it's a bit of homage to that.

Spoiler for last episode of the original Gunbuster:
jonny-mt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-09, 18:06   Link #43
Gevurah
What you say?!?!

Damn, I'm late in watching this. But as I tried to relate this to the original Gunbuster (which I still hold dear to my heart... and Jung-Freud, that saucy Soviet ), I said screw it when I saw the mecha bar and enjoyed it for what it was worth. For some reason, it reminded me of Giant Robo. And what really got me was the fact that the Busters were sentient beings. I wonder how that came about...

Regardless, good fun for everyone, especially those who are down with the fan-service!

I hope there's a Jupiter bomb in this one too!

"I appear to be a plushie, but my heart is that of a wolf." - Kon
Gevurah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-09, 18:22   Link #44
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gevurah
Damn, I'm late in watching this. But as I tried to relate this to the original Gunbuster (which I still hold dear to my heart... and Jung-Freud, that saucy Soviet ), I said screw it when I saw the mecha bar and enjoyed it for what it was worth. For some reason, it reminded me of Giant Robo. And what really got me was the fact that the Busters were sentient beings. I wonder how that came about...

Regardless, good fun for everyone, especially those who are down with the fan-service!

I hope there's a Jupiter bomb in this one too!
well it is set 200yrs simce the first one, i would expect SOME advancement, i mean it took..how long for them to advance in technology to make Buster 3?

erm...i don't think there will be a Jupiter bomb in this one, since...er there was only one Jupiter and they bloew that one up...

I think they would of developed something even more powerful, yet much more cleaner, and perhaps more focused.

Dispite that, i do hope they keep the lightspeed, though that is an expected thing, even if they have develop somesort of instant or faster then light travel, when things breakdown, its back to old fashion "full lightspeed ahead captain!"
Old 2004-12-09, 20:01   Link #45
Budweineken
Crap

out of curiosity... how did you figure that it was set 200 years after the first ova?

Is it 200 years after the beggining of the first OVA... or 200 years after the girls returned (i think somthing like 10,000 years passed)
Budweineken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-09, 22:09   Link #46
babbito2k
annoying white bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny-mt
the original Gunbuster was full of fanservice as well
The girls also had to train to become good pilots, which is something else I was referring to.

It's not really a question of whether this show is fun or not. There's plenty of fun stuff out there. Lots of people have fun watching Love Love or Green Green or whatever.

The question is more like "Why did GAINAX have to slap one of their greatest titles onto a show which isn't even trying to be great?" It reminds people of other shows than the one it claims to be a sequel to. They should have just called it something else.
babbito2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-10, 06:05   Link #47
Gevurah
What you say?!?!

Watching it makes me want to play Tech Romancer (Kikaioh) on the Dreamcast. Damn that game was awesome.

I really love the robot popping out of the shadows bit though. And yeah, how did you come up with the timeline? Perhaps they'll create a Neptune or Uranus (LOL) bomb.

And if you think breathing in space is an issue, how the hell can she pick up an alien appendage, withstand exiting the atmosphere at a couple hundred thousand miles an hour, still stay intact, and keep all that energy? It's all in the eyes. I mean, shit, there's a talking cat. There are many questions that need to be answered, but I'll let it come to me when the time comes.

Old 2004-12-10, 06:27   Link #48
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Hmm... I think I have read from somewhere that it's 20 years after the Buster Mission (the one blew up the core of the Galaxy) in Gunbuster, albeit not sure where...
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-10, 08:27   Link #49
Gevurah
What you say?!?!

I guess everything that's so wild about this show would kinda (farfetched) make sense because it did take Noriko and Kazumi 12000 years to get back from the center of the galaxy back to Earth.

It'd be interesting to see if Noriko happened to be a coach or commander in this series.

Old 2006-01-02, 21:08   Link #50
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

ZOOOOMBIIIE! Back from the dead!

what happen to this series?

Is anyone else fansubbing it or what?

Anyway finally got round to downloading the Subbed version of episode 3 and glad i did.

Jupiter had ideed bit the dust as was fortold in the first series, the Jipiter mentioned in episode 03, is infact the Starship Jupiter, a ship of the line Space Ship built in the first series, (i haven't yet figured which ship it was) that was secured in the same orbit as the previous planet, and was converted into colony, it still retained two of the original moons, Titan and Europa though both heavily populated to the point the whole surface has been encased.

It's damm good this series, so where are the rest for god sake?

Don't tell it's like Yukikaze or Macross Zero where they only gonna release two to three episodes a YEAR?!

ARRGGGHHHH!

Best quote from episode 03, " minus 120,000,000,000 Degrees Celcius?! That's impossible!"

ROFLOCOPTER
x]
Old 2006-01-02, 21:19   Link #51
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO
ZOOOOMBIIIE! Back from the dead!

what happen to this series?

Is anyone else fansubbing it or what?
Lunar still lists the project as "Ongoing":

--> http://www.lunaranime.org/index.php?go=projects (project page)

So I'd assume "yes", Lunar is still subbing it unless otherwise told "no". I also can't find anything that would dispute my supposition on their forums. I'm looking forward to episode #4 as well. I love this show. Episode #3 was awesome and I hear Episode #4 is the bee’s knees.
Catgirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-04, 05:38   Link #52
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

cool! thanks for the heads up catgirl!!!

Been rewatching episode 03, and especially the preview of episode 04, now you got me all worked up for episode 04 now. DAMMIT!

one thing that's been bugging me, i REALLY REEEEAAALLY NEEED THE ENDING THEME SONG!

Can anyone tell me who sings it? i assume the songs called "Stardust Dreams" (corret me if i'm wrong) but i need to know the singer, it's driving me nuts. I got the opening theme song, but i need the ENDING!

stardust.....STTAAAAARRRRDUUUUUUSSSTT!!!!

ARRRGGGHH!!

Old 2006-01-07, 12:34   Link #53
Bracken33

Hehe, almost like they made it esspecially for me . Yesterday I changed to a Gunbuster 2 signature and today I notice the release of episode 4.

I like the series so far, thanks for subbing it. To bad there is no soviet pilot this time .
Bracken33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-07, 13:29   Link #54
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Episode 04 Banzai!!!!!

*downloads it now*

dammit. gotta go to work, oh well i'll watch it when i get back! woohoo!!

Lunar Banzai!

Old 2006-01-07, 14:28   Link #55
mk2000

"Wow"....that's all I can could say literally after episode 4.

I thought the first three "Gunbuster 2" episodes were really good (FLCL style goodness) but many people accused them of being nothing but fluff.

Just like the original Gunbuster

Anno Hideaki returns to storyboard this fourth episode and the revelations will shock your socks off! (for those who have seen it, please refrain from spoilers).

Gunbuster 2....from fluff to Classic.
mk2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-07, 17:00   Link #56
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
Ah, it's good that the thread got revived... To bad a lot of great info was lost together with the previous ep. 4 discussion. But still, we can go on...

As for episode 4, I've said it once and I'll say it again: Space Runaway Ideon will always be in Gainax's heart! 8)))

Spoiler:

Next episode sounds even more "Ideonish" ("Those who move stars"). 8)
MrProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-08, 04:42   Link #57
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

BAAAANZAAAI!

BLOODY HELL! BEST EPISODE EVER!!

I thought this would never come! I just love it when ythey played the classic Buster Theme Tune!

NONO BANZAI!

I would just like to Quote something, thanks to Lunar excellent Translation:

"Terran Imperial Space Fleet
Solar System Direct Assitance Battalion Attache
6th Generation Interstellar Cruising Decisive Weapon
Buster Machine no.7
Buster Corps"

Spoiler:

Last edited by Onizuka-GTO; 2006-01-08 at 10:08.
Onizuka-GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-08, 06:46   Link #58
DaFool
Resident devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProphet

As for episode 4, I've said it once and I'll say it again: Space Runaway Ideon will always be in Gainax's heart! 8)))

Spoiler:

Next episode sounds even more "Ideonish" ("Those who move stars"). 8)
I was just screamin F _ _ _ Y E A H the entire sequence. I didn't know Anno storyboarded this one, it's good to know a good thing!
DaFool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-08, 10:19   Link #59
Bracken33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO

I thought this would never come! I just love it when ythey played the classic Buster Theme Tune!
Is the grandiose and ostentatious one (the one with the communist anthem feel) the buster theme tune?
(If it is BTW, they play it already in episode 1.)

Spoiler:

This was the best anime episode for quite a while. I hope they can keep the fun up there with episode 5 and 6.
Bracken33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-08, 10:30   Link #60
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

I wonder how many episodes are there? surely, more then six?

I damn hope so, even if it's only 13!

I mean come on, sure the original was only 6 episodes, or like Macross Zero and Yukikaze. admittedly the ones with less episodes have superb animation quality and stories but i do hope a little bit more!

Tags
action, mecha