AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-02-16, 08:06   Link #881
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Ahh ok this was basically what I was wondering about. People in chat were making out like the gems were a big deal so I was confused. Then again I was in the noobie zone so that probably had something to do with it.

Is there a way of previewing stuff before you can equip it?
I've done it before. Mostly with the auction, but the big screen gets in the way so I have to move it. But when you Alt/Ctrl left/right click the item. It will preview place on your character, no extra window or anything. Just flat out place on your character that you have to move screens to see (without closing the actual item window itself).

Was doing Cultist Refuge with Konakaga. Pulling out tons of damage, but still not enough to scale with a Berserker (playing as Slayer). Heart Thrust is probably the most inaccurate skill ever, but boy does it deal so much damage when it lands. Still trying to get my Slayer to pull tons of damage, with rapid succession. The only problem is constantly trying to get the MP to spam skills more.
Old 2013-02-17, 07:30   Link #882
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Is there any way to obtain the veteran account without a retail copy? I don't think I could find any at my place, and someone tells me that digital copy won't grant you Veteran status anymore.
Old 2013-02-17, 23:33   Link #883
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Is there any way to obtain the veteran account without a retail copy? I don't think I could find any at my place, and someone tells me that digital copy won't grant you Veteran status anymore.
I don't think you can buy a digital copy any more, so yes -- the only way would be to find a boxed copy for sale somewhere. There may still be a few online merchants who have them. (Well, the whole point of a Veteran account is that you were around before the game went F2P, so it makes sense that you can't easily get that status, or it would lose its value/meaning.)
Old 2013-02-18, 13:16   Link #884
HurricaneHige
Uguu~

Some 3v3 fun:

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Best view in HD!
Old 2013-02-19, 21:31   Link #885
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
Was doing Cultist Refuge with Konakaga. Pulling out tons of damage, but still not enough to scale with a Berserker (playing as Slayer). Heart Thrust is probably the most inaccurate skill ever, but boy does it deal so much damage when it lands. Still trying to get my Slayer to pull tons of damage, with rapid succession. The only problem is constantly trying to get the MP to spam skills more.
Eat blue candies if you have a mystic. If they don't give you blue candies get a less fail mystic.

If you have a priest healing, get them to spam Mana Charge with the Collaborative Mana Charge glyph. Use infused charms if you have the gold.

MP is the bottleneck for basically all damage classes. As a sorc I have more ways to recover MP than melee (usually using mana siphon + mana infusion while hailstorm ticks waiting for fireblast to cool down, if done with celerity active it's not much of a damage loss) but having a mystic and infused charms really, really helps.

You can chain an accelerated overhand strike from the final hit of combo attack, so you can make up for DPS loss that way if you're running short on MP.

Make sure your crystal setup includes a fine glistening crystal. This gives you a temporary MP regen buff every time you crit from behind.

Crystal build is super important for DPS. For slayer, use the following:

Acrimonious Hexage/Pentant (additional critical multiplier against bosses from the rear)
Fine/Pristine Savage Hexage/Pentant (additional critical multiplier against any target from the rear)
Fine/Pristine Glistening Hexage/Pentant (MP regen buff, procs on crits from the rear)
Fine/Pristine Forceful Hexage/Pentant (Power buff, procs on crits from the rear)

If you have a mystic and/or infused charms, replace the glistening with a Fine/Pristine Focused Hexage (or Pentant) for added critical multiplier when the mob is enraged (usually pretty close to half the time, most BAMs enrage at 70% and 30% for a good amount of time).

Pristines can be found at the specialty vendor; fines are world drops only so check the broker.
Old 2013-03-31, 05:46   Link #886
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Planed to dl this just to try out for a week or so (considering how hyped up it was few years ago).

What is the easier class in term of short term playing? Something that may get me access to the most content with as limited time as possible?

Probably will just try out Elin just for all of the internet meme generated from her. Maybe just pick some massive weapon for killer-loli feeling?
Old 2013-03-31, 05:48   Link #887
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
After spending a night with GW2 I'm tempted to just go back to playing TERA all the time again... at least my dodges work properly in this game.

To the person above me, nothing really. Almost all the classes change pretty dramatically when you hit the level cap. I'd recommend zerker because it's loads of fun to level and the hilarity of HUEG AXE tiny girl is hard to pass up.
Old 2013-03-31, 06:01   Link #888
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
After spending a night with GW2 I'm tempted to just go back to playing TERA all the time again... at least my dodges work properly in this game.

To the person above me, nothing really. Almost all the classes change pretty dramatically when you hit the level cap. I'd recommend zerker because it's loads of fun to level and the hilarity of HUEG AXE tiny girl is hard to pass up.
Sold!

Actually just realised that GW2 had some update as well, so maybe will just retry GW while waiting for Tera to dl....(which seems take a week at this rate, any way to speed up...? =/)
Old 2013-03-31, 06:04   Link #889
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Recently got into this. Choosing a Female Elf Warrior to start. Played solo all the way till I hit level 30 and just before entering the second dungeon (something mansion?). I also have tried priest and sorc and zerks to about level 20 each. Haven't played again since. I've got to say, the 5 stars difficulty of warrior wasn't an exaggeration , but it was hugely more fun to play compared to the other ones I tried, even (or especially?) solo.
Old 2013-03-31, 06:08   Link #890
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

So can I play on the US servers now?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-31, 06:09   Link #891
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Slayer or Berserker, guys? They kinda sounds the same based on the introduction

If it was the weapon of choice , i will prefer greatsword. But heavy armour is my armour of choices mostly because i'm not a skillful gamer (have to admit) so live long, have time to calculate out response, was my player style

Edit : SaintessHeart, are you in... Singapore? Within this list?

"En Masse has a license to operate TERA game servers in North America. This means that if you are in North America, South America, Europe (excluding Russia), and Oceania (Australia, New Zealand, Micronesia, Melanesia, and Polynesia) you can play on En Masse Servers."
Old 2013-03-31, 06:15   Link #892
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

AFAIK, US Terra still places regional IP block on Asia. That's why I play Europe Terra. Asian players have no other option that I'm aware of.
Old 2013-03-31, 08:22   Link #893
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Hmmm it thought it takes 160 hours to download. Turned out it was 160 mins.
Old 2013-03-31, 11:17   Link #894
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
AFAIK, US Terra still places regional IP block on Asia. That's why I play Europe Terra. Asian players have no other option that I'm aware of.
I could confirm this.

And Asia's connection to EU has never been good either, which is a pain to play.
Old 2013-03-31, 12:17   Link #895
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

First impression of the game.... have to say that GW2 actions is still smoother for me, as it's much harder to attack while moving here.

Berserker is not for me through, too slow attacking. Trying out Slayer atm, let's see how it go
Old 2013-03-31, 12:25   Link #896
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

You may want to try out Sorcerer. Her Flame Pillar is one of the reason I chose her .
Old 2013-03-31, 21:18   Link #897
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
You may want to try out Sorcerer. Her Flame Pillar is one of the reason I chose her .
I think Sorcerer is a really good starting class for sure. Personally, though, I'm with erneiz_hyde that Warrior is challenging, but the most fun for me now after getting used to the game with a few other classes first. I'm still super-casual at this game, though -- I just play it for a few hours every once in a while when I'm in the mood, and that works for me.
Old 2013-04-01, 06:43   Link #898
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Can't really play from here. The frame usual high but sometime it just drop down to 20-30 or even freeze. The only solution is to turns to low but the graphic looks all blocky...

And just bought this new computer and it played most recent games with highest settings too, so it was not because of my hardware
Old 2013-04-01, 15:46   Link #899
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Well, I'm in between sky rim play throughs so I thought I'd see what the f2p Tera was doing. Took quite a while to get my account working because TERA insisted I was logging in from a "new machine" (wasn't) and the authentication email was about an hour late in arriving (then I got like five emails at once because I kept asking for a resend).

Currently installing the game again (I'd cleared the space for other things). We'll see how it goes. I figure I'm guildless if the guild was housecleaning but stranger things have happened.
Old 2013-04-01, 16:12   Link #900
Xion Valkyrie

Still had the client installed from beta so I just had to update it. Got my Warrior from 37 to 42 after getting 2000 gold from a friend who is a vet in the game. Inflation is pretty ridiculous so some of the low level gear can get really expensive. For example the level 38 Gold weapons were 300+ gold last last weekend but dropped to a more reasonable 50-100 gold this weekend.

The game still has the same problems as beta, ie, terribad questing and story, but the combat and instances are still fun. I finally did Dark Cathedral, the first 'real' instance and I enjoyed it a lot as the bosses still had a lot of moves that I had to dodge even with the tank getting aggro 100% of the time.

Enhancing gear seems a lot easier too as I got my L38 Heartblades to +6 with only 1 fail using whites and greens.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote