AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-05-26, 00:03   Link #1
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Bleach Episode 221 Discussion Thread

Guten tag, ladies and gents. After a shoddy performance by the baldy who was nothing but talk, we return to the ultimate showdown. Oh boy. That geezer's going to fight. Hehehehe.. Of course, he will expose his nipple.... again... , but that's the price I'm willing to pay to see him in full blown action. We have already got a glimpse of how cool this geezer can be in the Amagai arc even if he isn't doing anything, one of the fewest positive things that came out of filler/crap stories in Bleach. Although I'm not expecting him to start anytime soon, I can still rejoice at the clear indication of the fact that Kubo seems to be inent to explore his capability at a certain degree this time around after seeing Kumamura's getting some positive screen time. Like few of the Bleach-fans have already mentioned, it seems this fight will showcase the ability of few characters who haven't been explored before. I'm looking forward to it.

The episode preview for 221 has given a fair idea how the match-up is going to play out. The only one we didn't see was the chick with her mask on whose mesmerizing poses possesses the Bleach Image submission thread oh, so often. I echo the instant groan all the fans let out in unison at the silly censorship to downplay her appeal just because ..... well, she is still hawTTTTTT! Must be the mask!

Enjoy the discussion. Oh, and uhm.. I'm cracking down on spoiler. Fairly be thee warned, say I.

Absolutely no manga spoilers in any anime-only threads such as the weekly Episode Discussion threads. That means, no hints, or vague remarks about a future event from the manga, even within the spoiler tags. Inability to observe this rule will result in a BAN!
Old 2009-05-26, 00:15   Link #2
Gin
*Artist

Monir, I think I've said this before but your thread intros are amazing.
Also, I am eagerly awaiting the appearance of:
Quote:
the chick with her mask on whose mesmerizing posespossesses the Bleach Image submission thread oh, so often
Old 2009-05-26, 00:35   Link #3
RDF2050
Superidol

Still waiting the episode to come out and watch it
Old 2009-05-26, 04:30   Link #4
mageormike
Resident Gaijin

Just finished it on tv.

Spoiler for not available for download yet so just in case (impressions):
Old 2009-05-26, 08:36   Link #5
kitten320

Just saw the episode
Actually I'm pretty much happy with it
Yeh it isn't full of action, but it still has action and humor in it Apache was simply pure win Geta Boshi you must be jumping from joy now

And finally we saw some more movements from Halibel
Old 2009-05-26, 09:08   Link #6
monir
cho~ kakkoii

ho ho... Matsumoto!!!!

Spoiler for episode 221 specific:

I also enjoyed this week's episode. Aside for the music, which was sub-par once again, it was a solid display of match-up. I wonder when Komamura will show up. He was the only one missing from the picture.
Old 2009-05-26, 12:25   Link #7
Ichiban Hayai

Spoiler for first thoughts:
Old 2009-05-26, 12:28   Link #8
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichiban Hayai View Post
I guess she decided not to waste time... and thankfully it was some new kidou, not the old stuff
Old 2009-05-26, 14:16   Link #9
sayde

monir, do you come up w/ those intros off the top of your head without putting much thought into it? Because, you seem to have a real talent for it. lol

I'll post impressions later on (after I can understand what everyone is saying ).
Old 2009-05-26, 15:51   Link #10
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichiban Hayai View Post
Using kido is one of the main Shinigami deals(plus one of the things squad 11 don't like about other squads), so what would make you think she wouldn't use any? Besides, that shunko thing is kido-based, if memory serves me correctly...
Old 2009-05-26, 16:27   Link #11
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewanderer View Post
Using kido is one of the main Shinigami deals(plus one of the things squad 11 don't like about other squads), so what would make you think she wouldn't use any? Besides, that shunko thing is kido-based, if memory serves me correctly...
Yeh it sure is. At least it has part of it...
Old 2009-05-26, 20:45   Link #12
Jerseykid

I've never really liked the mid air action, the whole dust thing when people slide around, it just doesn't look right. They should at least add some wind effect.

Soi Fon's voice sounded different.
Old 2009-05-26, 20:54   Link #13
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseykid View Post
Soi Fon's voice sounded different.
Because she has different voice actor... I myself prefer her old voice more... it suited her personality very well...
Old 2009-05-26, 21:02   Link #14
Jerseykid

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Because she has different voice actor... I myself prefer her old voice more... it suited her personality very well...
I knew it!
Old 2009-05-26, 21:22   Link #15
wOoOzZy
Master Blaster

Good episode. I'm surprised they actually got to some fighting instead of drawing everything out to no end.

Side note: I hope Omaeda's fat a$$ bites the dust.
Old 2009-05-26, 21:55   Link #16
denice25

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDFMASTER View Post
Still waiting the episode to come out and watch it
.. me too!
Old 2009-05-26, 23:24   Link #17
Who

It was a decent episode. Maybe I'm just really bad with humor but I didn't laugh at all at the jokes (not really a bad thing; I don't hold humor as a point for/against a show unless it's main genre is comedy), but I did laugh slightly at the conversation between Matsu and the three arrancar chicks for next week's preview.
Old 2009-05-26, 23:59   Link #18
Droplet
ヘ( ̄▽ ̄ヘ)(ノ ̄▽ ̄)ノ

I honestly didn't notice that Soi Fon had a new VA. Then I guess the VA did a good job.
Old 2009-05-27, 00:49   Link #19
Mitsuomi1971
Amagai Shusuke's Brother

Mostly talking, and the same style sword slapping as Ken and Nnoi had...hopefully next week they will kill someone

on a side note, Ichigo and Byakuya were hilarious this week in the Zanpaku-to segment, made me spit out my soda.

I also did not notice Soi's new VA, but I did notice the voice seemed to get slightly deeper.
Old 2009-05-27, 01:00   Link #20
Simon_Lord

Send a message via MSN to Simon_Lord
enjoyed it, didnt felt to boring to watch except from some sword fights who looked like 7year olds fighting with plastic toy swords.

it will set things up for the carnival