AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2009-09-25, 07:47   Link #2921
Teleutao
Ninja-In-Training

Ah...spoilers at long last...now what do I make of this?

Well, I'd say that Athena and Hayate are going to have a little chat, possibly explaining Athena's suspicions and her feelings for him. Like I've said before, I don't think this is going to end well for either of them, but there is always a chance I guess. Perhaps they will resolve things peacefully, Athena will like Hayate again (which he may or may not be aware of) and they will all go back to Japan, from there everything is like normal but now Athena is a recurring character and possible love interest. That's honestly the best case scenario that I can see, and I really don't think best case is going to happen here.

On the Hinagiku front, she may decide not to pursue Hayate in an active way. Hata did mention that there may be a change in Hayate and Hina's relationship. It could be that she will start acting more like she used to before she realized she loved him (which would naturally allow them to get a lot closer as it wouldn't be as awkward). I'm not sure if she's going to tell anyone because it seems like her to view that as Hayate's private life and not for her to share. This also keeps the HnG MC Escher-shaped relationship chart in its ever-chaotic order.

So far we have the first love triangle with Nagi-Hayate-Maria, then we have Nagi-Hayate-Ayumu, after that was Ayumu-Hayate-Hinagiku, and now we have Hinagiku-Hayate-Athena and Athena-Hayate-Machina (because it is completely obvious that Machina likes Athena) and of course all of the other miscellaneous characters, which means just about everyone with a name (even Hina's mom).

Well, now I just have to wait for Wednesday to finally get on with this story. I've really missed the comedy, drama is great and all but it still can't take itself too seriously (try reading a Shakespeare tragedy or drama without laughing once in a while at his great lines). But what I really miss is the complete and utter lack of a fourth wall, it used to be that the characters knew they were in a manga (or anime) and knew how to act or what would happen next or just the rules of their universe, now it's like all of our normally genre savvy characters suddenly became genre blind and incredibly depressed. Here's to more everyone feeling marginally better in the next chapter.
Teleutao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-25, 07:53   Link #2922
Zankoku12

This is just my guess about what may happen in the future base on the spoiler:
Hina tells ayumu about the failed confession and Hayate already have someone he love,nagi who accidentally have a walk nearby and heard everything,she shock the run way from home.Maria got worry about nagi so she decide to call Hayate(he has a phone right?) about what happen who is in the middle of the conversation with Athena,so he has to decide between go look for Nagi or stay to talk with Athena.Hayate chose Nagi and left to find her,athena got angry beacause he leave her again and decide to take the stone no matter what.
My english isn't so good so please correct me if i'm wrong somewhere.

Last edited by Zankoku12; 2009-09-25 at 08:53.
Zankoku12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-25, 09:19   Link #2923
SirWence
~Connoisseur~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opace View Post
Hayate X Nagi is the most interesting one. Like a lot of plot-lines, the hero mostly always pairs with the heroine in the end, regardless of the pairings in the middle. I'll be surprised to see Hayate end up with anyone other than Nagi, but I won't be shocked.
I would agree with you on this one as I see it the same way myself. Until I see it end otherwise I am fairly sure it will be nagi with hayate. Protagonist with main heroine.

And this chapter does seem a bit interesting..

I was wondering when there would be a bath scene like this lmao - but I think like others she has a little more tact then people give her credit for.

I mainly wonder what Athena will do after she interferes or rather doesnt' - motives details - goals - and how that goes chat wise I think will give a good tell as per how the remainder of the arc (as per athena at least) will go

---as per that kidnapping Nagi thing... thats about the quickest way to ruin a fair bit of ... everything with hayate- and make her into at the very least an arc antagonist heh - so I wouldnt see that as the strongest possibility.
Old 2009-09-25, 09:38   Link #2924
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opace View Post
Still, I don't like the Athena-disliking going around nowadays. I reckon she'll get a much better reception if not for the seriousness of the situation at the moment in Hayate no Gotoku.
Or maybe she'd get a better reception if there weren't so many crazed Athena fans (not all of her fans, mind you) that start foaming at the mouth the moment someone states any level of distaste for her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah View Post
Oh, how about Athena reverts to loli form with some magic malfunctioning, and goes to live with Nagi.
Nagi would have to make a Conan reference to this. Asking if Athena is being hunted by the Black Organization.
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-25, 09:51   Link #2925
SirWence
~Connoisseur~

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Or maybe she'd get a better reception if there weren't so many crazed Athena fans (not all of her fans, mind you) that start foaming at the mouth the moment someone states any level of distaste for her.
Well I thought someone would never get around to it again - I agree with you fully.
Old 2009-09-25, 09:54   Link #2926
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

it cant be helped, its war atm (as I can see)
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Game8910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-25, 10:25   Link #2927
zodanhko
*ignoring*

Quote:
You know, its great to be Hina, Ayumu, and Izumi to have the privilege of being deemed as all innocence and kind. Is that why it is not necessary for their "fans" to open their mouth?
As much as I like Athena, I never compare her to the other girls nor was it needed. Nor do I reply to your statements of thoughts about her. But I think I can correct facts if yours are bias.
zodanhko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-25, 10:39   Link #2928
Rah
Are you a lolicon? :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by leoblack9 View Post
Spoiler for what:

Looks like someone drew your wish come true.

Hell yeah! That artist has taste!

As for the Athena thing... she's already the antagonist atm. Athena fans get out of denial mode. What's so bad about being the antagonist anyway? Don't deny it now, because you damn well know that she wants the gems, and she will employ any means necessary to obtain them. Ya'll see....

If I'm wrong, well, whatever... Athena is Athena. If she's good or evil, it's the same thing...

Personally I'd love to see that she really did kidnap Nagi, and will coerce Hayate into giving her the gem. Perhaps she put her under a spell (hypnosis like state), and she'll have a blank expression, being completely motionless, like a soulless doll. Mhmhmhmmm...

And then Hayate rescues her <3

Edit~
Spoiler for Bath pic zoomed:

Ah, Hina is more ~Pettan Pettan Tsurupettan~ than ever. Must be because Hata is inept at hiding breasts, or he doesn't want to make it ecchi. OH NOW I HAVE A SPLENDID IDEA! The To-LOVE-Ru mangaka needs to work for Hata, drawing ecchi scenes! HELL YEAH!!!

Last edited by Rah; 2009-09-25 at 10:50.
Rah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-25, 10:47   Link #2929
zodanhko
*ignoring*

About the antagonist, I never commented anything on it. In fact, I think its more interesting now that she has to go against Hayate for the stone after 10 years of separation. I enjoy watching the conflicts/relationship between the two. =D
Old 2009-09-25, 10:51   Link #2930
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodanhko View Post
You know, its great to be Hina, Ayumu, and Izumi to have the privilege of being deemed as all innocence and kind. Is that why it is not necessary for their "fans" to open their mouth?
As much as I like Athena, I never compare her to the other girls nor was it needed. Nor do I reply to your statements of thoughts about her. But I think I can correct facts if yours are bias.
And here's a perfect example. I state my distaste of the character, and that some fans of her foam at the mouth... and one foams at the mouth.

Where exactly is my bias? Is it where I stated I liked the End of the World arc? Or was it were I stated the fact that some Athena fans overreact to the most minute things?

And why do Athena fans feel the need to "justify" their favorite character? Really, are you trying to convince others that she's the best, or yourselves?

Quote:
Personally I'd love to see that she really did kidnap Nagi, and will coerce Hayate into giving her the gem. Perhaps she put her under a spell (hypnosis like state), and she'll have a blank expression, being completely motionless, like a soulless doll. Mhmhmhmmm...

And then Hayate rescues her <3
This just reminded me of the horrible AO material in the third/fourth part of Season 1. You've opened up old wounds!
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-25, 10:52   Link #2931
Rah

Quote:
About the antagonist, I never commented anything on it. In fact, I think its more interesting now that she has to go against Hayate for the stone after 10 years of separation. I enjoy watching the conflicts/relationship between the two. =D

Yeah, he needs to save Athena from her cursed past. Whatever he does after is fine with me (ending up with her, or someone else, nobody.. anything is fine). I think that she'll get the gems, but in the end she won't get what she wishes for, and Hayate will somehow save her. Or there will be a true antagonist, that was only manipulating her, or such... ^_^

Edit~

Quote:
This just reminded me of the horrible AO material in the third/fourth part of Season 1. You've opened up old wounds!
Lol, whut? Sowwie
Old 2009-09-25, 11:11   Link #2932
zodanhko
*ignoring*

Quote:
And here's a perfect example. I state my distaste of the character, and that some fans of her foam at the mouth... and one foams at the mouth.
Your perfect example is a bad example-.-. Anyone from any fan can just easily state that without evidence.

Quote:
Where exactly is my bias? Is it where I stated I liked the End of the World arc? Or was it were I stated the fact that some Athena fans overreact to the most minute things?
When I defended Athena, I always tried to correct the one-sided information given. I never once commented on you or any other individual if it is just your feelings about the character. More so, I never have an argument with you so how can I considered you bias?

Quote:
And why do Athena fans feel the need to "justify" their favorite character? Really, are you trying to convince others that she's the best, or yourselves?
Ask yourself, why do the other fan group wanted to bad-mouth about Athena in the first place? I totally oblivious in what Athena ever did wrong, do you?

Hina, Ayumu, and Izumi fan never really needed to "justify" their character because no one bad-mouth about them in here. (Well, I did it once although it base on taste/opinion, not fact)

Honestly, if I were to speak something bad about Hina with some supportive statements, I'd did get obliterate by Hina's fan especially by Mentar.
Old 2009-09-25, 11:18   Link #2933
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

hmmm? Recognizing Athena as an antagonist? I've done that since chapter 187 lol hell the mere fact that she is on the "evil" side might be one of the reasons I love her lol...ANTAGONISTS NEED LOVE TOO!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB

Thats just the attitude of the person, I have seen and know Hina fans, Maria fans, hell even Nagi fans who react worse to than this every time....its all about the users and not the characters in the end. Also im gonna throw this out there (not targeting anyone) but disliking characters because of their fanbase is the most retarded and immature thing anyone can do, you like who you like, who the hell cares about others opinions in the end?
Old 2009-09-25, 11:24   Link #2934
Rah

Basically people don't like Athena, because..

1. She just came out of nowhere and stole the spotlight from the other girls (and more of the not so popular ones, but still liked by the minority that will get even less manga time, because of her..)

2. Has a big advantage with (again out of nowhere, but truly it's not, since it's from the past, we just didn't know) the whole love thing with Hayate. Loads of people just wanna see their favorable pairing.

3. Perhaps they don't like her unique charms? People are mostly after tsundere, moe, clumsy, (yandere.. perhaps? lol), shy & cute, or goofy & spontaneous characters. Athena is more the serious, calculating & mature type (personal opinion). Hmhmh, wait, wait. Okay, so, Maria fans! What do you think of Athena? I think Maria's personality somewhat matches hers (take out calculating part lol).

Nuke me if you don't like the thought.
Old 2009-09-25, 11:32   Link #2935
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

Quote:
3. Perhaps they don't like her unique charms? People are mostly after tsundere, moe, clumsy, (yandere.. perhaps? lol), shy & cute, or goofy & spontaneous characters. Athena is more the serious, calculating & mature type (personal opinion). Hmhmh, wait, wait. Okay, so, Maria fans! What do you think of Athena? I think Maria's personality somewhat matches hers (take out calculating part lol).

Nuke me if you don't like the thought.
I think Athena is more like a Maria-Hinagiku mix, cool and mature with a slight tsundere side
Old 2009-09-25, 11:47   Link #2936
Rah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game8910 View Post
I think Athena is more like a Maria-Hinagiku mix, cool and mature with a slight tsundere side
Now describe her as an ice cream flavor.

No, wait. Let's do that for all the girls! Kay, Hina is lemon (for tsundere I think it fits).

Kay, someone continue!
Old 2009-09-25, 11:48   Link #2937
zodanhko
*ignoring*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game8910 View Post
Well, I think its more of Nagi+Maria+Hina combine.

Nagi- has no problem kissing Hayate on the cheeks (Athena takes a step further), acts of jealousy
Hina- tsundere, strong, cool
Maria- mature and intellect

With additional seriousness and elegant. What can I say as a fan, she OWNS...(Please spare me)
Old 2009-09-25, 11:51   Link #2938
Rah

Quote:
Well, I think its more of Nagi+Maria+Hina combine.

Nagi- has no problem kissing Hayate on the cheeks (Athena takes a step further), acts of jealousy
Hina- tsundere, strong, cool
Maria- mature and intellect

With additional seriousness and elegant. What can I say as a fan, she OWNS...(Please spare me)

Okay, but what's her ice cream flavor?
Old 2009-09-25, 11:52   Link #2939
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

Quote:
Now describe her as an ice cream flavor.

No, wait. Let's do that for all the girls! Kay, Hina is lemon (for tsundere I think it fits).

Kay, someone continue!
in that case Athena is lime (more sour, but just as good in flavour)
Old 2009-09-25, 11:55   Link #2940
zodanhko
*ignoring*

Maria...I think coffee flavor fits her. Adults and brown (matches her hair color).

Tags
comedy, shounen