AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2010-08-21, 05:10   Link #4141
Solafighter
Hige

Im looking for an W7 gadget.
The calender is good, but im looking for an calender on my deskop, where i can write something in on a certain date. So like a termin planer.

Can someone help me out, finding one?

Thanks a lot in advance.
Old 2010-08-22, 01:06   Link #4142
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solafighter View Post
Im looking for an W7 gadget.
The calender is good, but im looking for an calender on my deskop, where i can write something in on a certain date. So like a termin planer.

Can someone help me out, finding one?

Thanks a lot in advance.
Try Rainmeter.
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-22, 02:30   Link #4143
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
Actually I had a question about compressed air before in this thread and I have been using it ever since, no problem there.

However, there was some stains ( I cant understand exactly where, because i never eat while I play etc ... ), and then attempted to clean them with the liquid and the cloth that was provided with it. Like with my PC monitor, I can see the area where I have cleaned the stain off if watching from right angle against light. It appears as some other kind of stain .. or something. Hard to explain, but definitely isn't scratches etc.

It's not normally seen, so you'd think it doesn't matter.. but because I know it's there, it bothers me.

And I dont really know what you mean by using alcohol ... like, what ? Where do I buy it. I doubt you mean that kind of alcohol that you'd buy from store to drink and get drunk ? ( And I dont want my DS to smell like alcohol ... )
using alcohol napkins from the chemist is not recommended, I tried on my lcd and it left marks

There are special napkins if you have a flat pc screen, sold out at any hardware shop and computer shop. Just look out which you buy and read that back, I bought ones without alcohol once and they fail to deliver (still leave marks).

Your DS screen is made of glass right? Not like plasma and LED, I'd just get a wet napkin and rub it clean. Then take another dry one and wipe the water remain off not in circles but in one direction
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-22, 06:29   Link #4144
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
The top screen is glass .. or plastic ? I dunno, but the bottom touchscreen .. I don't know about that ... and that's where the marks are from the '' Cleaning Liquid '' I used with the cloth that came with it. The cloth is microfiber something something so it should work fine .. but the liquid doesn't.

edit : I tried cleaning with damp cloth .. seemed to work fine, not sure why I wanted to use the liquid first .. not like it was oil or anything. Anyway, couple issues still : At the edges of screen, there are dust and I think they're called fibres .. ? Some things, that came out of the cloth that was used to clean the screen when applying the screen protector. ( The installation failed .. ), and I can't get them off. I don't suppose there is any way to get them off, except taking apart whole DS ... ?

Then on middle of the screen, there is some white dot, which would appear to be dust particle. Can't be dead pixel as it wouldn't be visible when the console isn't on. It doesn't come off with anything... how on earth did it get there ? is it stuck between the touchscreen film and the screen itself ? If it is, then it was there when I received my DS ... It's really annoying me as it's kinda like dead/stuck pixel ..

Last edited by Dist; 2010-08-22 at 06:44.
Dist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-23, 01:19   Link #4145
Mr. Wang
Scholar of Yanderes
*Author

Send a message via Yahoo to Mr. Wang
I really don't where else to ask a question other than here, so I suppose I'll just throw this out there... This is concerning Animesuki.

I was rummaging through some signature/avatar request pages in the older series subforums, and found something I like. Here's my question: If a signature/avatar has been "abandoned" and the requester of the piece isn't using it, would it be alright for me to take it for myself? I did find a nice looking signature over there...

Normally, this question would probably have you to direct me to the sig's recipient and the sig's creator, and I would ask them. However, this signature was made two years ago. The recipient has only made a total of 10 posts, and hasn't logged in since sometime around March of 2009. He/she wasn't even using it as their current. The creator of the signature hasn't logged in since September of 2008, and made 7 total posts. Since everything is seemingly abandoned, and everything concerned in the past, would it be alright for me to pick up the remaining pieces of the long-forgotten deal and use the signature for myself? The sig isn't personalized with someone's name on it. I mean, neither party involved in the request is still on Animesuki, though I just want to make sure I'm not violating some sort of rule with AS's regulations. Because I keep wondering to myself if I used the sig without asking anyone, it's like... AS's version of identity theft

P.S. I apologize for the long-windedness, I simply don't like to leave things like this to chance. I just want to make sure of something, and that all the bases are covered, so that I don't end up striking out and get banned over here... And believe me, I was pretty paranoid just after I got my first warning and infraction for oversized signatures...
Old 2010-08-23, 04:58   Link #4146
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wang View Post
I really don't where else to ask a question other than here, so I suppose I'll just throw this out there... This is concerning Animesuki.

I was rummaging through some signature/avatar request pages in the older series subforums, and found something I like. Here's my question: If a signature/avatar has been "abandoned" and the requester of the piece isn't using it, would it be alright for me to take it for myself? I did find a nice looking signature over there...

Normally, this question would probably have you to direct me to the sig's recipient and the sig's creator, and I would ask them. However, this signature was made two years ago. The recipient has only made a total of 10 posts, and hasn't logged in since sometime around March of 2009. He/she wasn't even using it as their current. The creator of the signature hasn't logged in since September of 2008, and made 7 total posts. Since everything is seemingly abandoned, and everything concerned in the past, would it be alright for me to pick up the remaining pieces of the long-forgotten deal and use the signature for myself? The sig isn't personalized with someone's name on it. I mean, neither party involved in the request is still on Animesuki, though I just want to make sure I'm not violating some sort of rule with AS's regulations. Because I keep wondering to myself if I used the sig without asking anyone, it's like... AS's version of identity theft

P.S. I apologize for the long-windedness, I simply don't like to leave things like this to chance. I just want to make sure of something, and that all the bases are covered, so that I don't end up striking out and get banned over here... And believe me, I was pretty paranoid just after I got my first warning and infraction for oversized signatures...
If said user doesn't use it anymore, and his/her name isn't on it, I don't see why you can't use it.

And have people actually been warned and/or banned before for 'stealing' someone's avatar/signature?
Old 2010-08-23, 08:51   Link #4147
Chimuts
Call me Anego!~

Location: In a room as blue as the sky, as cool as the autumn wind and as quiet as the desert
Send a message via MSN to Chimuts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
Then on middle of the screen, there is some white dot, which would appear to be dust particle. Can't be dead pixel as it wouldn't be visible when the console isn't on. It doesn't come off with anything... how on earth did it get there ? is it stuck between the touchscreen film and the screen itself ? If it is, then it was there when I received my DS ... It's really annoying me as it's kinda like dead/stuck pixel ..
There are 4 things that I can think of about that white dot. Since it is not a dead pixel, it may be:
1. Dust trapped between protective layer and touchscreen (if you use one for your DS)
2. A Scratch on the touchscreen.
3. A scratch on the protective layer
4. Dust trapped inside the DS. In this case, it usually happens in old DS/PSP (my PSP has it :x )

and the ways to solve them:
1. Just remove the protective layer and replace it with a new one, be sure to clean off the dust before you apply the layer.
2. I don't know how to fix this >.<
3. Replace the protective layer
4. This one can't be fixed, I guess the only way to fix it is to open up your DS and remove the dust.
Old 2010-08-23, 14:18   Link #4148
Mr. Wang
Scholar of Yanderes
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fire View Post
If said user doesn't use it anymore, and his/her name isn't on it, I don't see why you can't use it.

And have people actually been warned and/or banned before for 'stealing' someone's avatar/signature?
I... I don't know. I've seen other posts, with people happening to use the same avatar, so I know it's at least frowned upon. I'm not sure what to think though. Still, this might be pretty straightforward considering said people above don't even use Animesuki anymore, but still. Doesn't hurt to find out whether or not it's alright...
Old 2010-08-23, 17:05   Link #4149
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Ask the person who made it.

Personally I don't know what weird impression you have about avatars. If said person used it a long time (I mean in the range of "everyone knows it's his" or "he made it"), yah probably for the best not to push it; or just ask beforehand. Otherwise, hey why let it go to waste. =P Avatars are largely a means of spreading some advertising for the show anyhow.
Old 2010-08-23, 17:38   Link #4150
Mr. Wang
Scholar of Yanderes
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
Ask the person who made it.

Personally I don't know what weird impression you have about avatars. If said person used it a long time (I mean in the range of "everyone knows it's his" or "he made it"), yah probably for the best not to push it; or just ask beforehand. Otherwise, hey why let it go to waste. =P Avatars are largely a means of spreading some advertising for the show anyhow.
As I said, the person who asked for it never used it, and the person who made it hasn't logged into Animesuki for two years. If they had logged in more recently, I would have asked them, and this query wouldn't be up on this forum. I checked their profile, and they don't have any links toward contacting them on another site, so... That's that. I doubt they'd come back after two years, just to respond to perhaps one message. I know that any other time, or any other creator, I would ask them first. However, given my unique circumstances, I think that it would be alright to use these old signatures, since current users aren't implementing them. I just hope one day I won't bump into someone who hasn't logged in for two years and exclaim "Hey, you stole my signature!" or something along those lines...

Meh, maybe I'm just making too big a deal over all of this.
Old 2010-08-24, 01:02   Link #4151
Kudryavka

Quote:
As I said, the person who asked for it never used it, and the person who made it hasn't logged into Animesuki for two years. If they had logged in more recently, I would have asked them, and this query wouldn't be up on this forum. I checked their profile, and they don't have any links toward contacting them on another site, so... That's that. I doubt they'd come back after two years, just to respond to perhaps one message. I know that any other time, or any other creator, I would ask them first. However, given my unique circumstances, I think that it would be alright to use these old signatures, since current users aren't implementing them. I just hope one day I won't bump into someone who hasn't logged in for two years and exclaim "Hey, you stole my signature!" or something along those lines...

This person who has the avatar or signature you want is obviously inactive/dormant, so who's going to care if you use the same image as them? I could only imagine the member caring, but they haven't been here for so long, so that's that. Maybe shop it up a bit, add a bit of your own flair to the image if it bothers you so much. I say just take them, leave a visitor message on their page if your moral senses are tingling.

And btw, if someone says they're claiming an image in an Avatar/Sig request thread, but doesn't use it on AnimeSuki two whole years after they say they're using it, why think they're going to hang onto that notion now? They obviously are using the image somewhere else or forgot about the images altogether.
Old 2010-08-24, 01:27   Link #4152
Mr. Wang
Scholar of Yanderes
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komari View Post
This person who has the avatar or signature you want is obviously inactive/dormant, so who's going to care if you use the same image as them? I could only imagine the member caring, but they haven't been here for so long, so that's that. Maybe shop it up a bit, add a bit of your own flair to the image if it bothers you so much. I say just take them, leave a visitor message on their page if your moral senses are tingling.

And btw, if someone says they're claiming an image in an Avatar/Sig request thread, but doesn't use it on AnimeSuki two whole years after they say they're using it, why think they're going to hang onto that notion now? They obviously are using the image somewhere else or forgot about the images altogether.
I blame over-paranoia. Ever since I got a warning just for having my signature too big, I've been... well, cautious for just about everything. Plus, I read on another forum about a "rule" (perhaps it's simply unofficial and just frowned upon) that people aren't really supposed use other's sigs or avatars. Perhaps I made too big a deal out of this. Had the user logged in more recently (either the creator or requester) I'd ask them. Though... well, I personally just felt that I should at least ask someone. But you're right, the person who requested is probably using this on another forum, long gone, so I suppose I'll enjoy this signature for now...
Old 2010-08-24, 03:01   Link #4153
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
I blame over-paranoia. Ever since I got a warning just for having my signature too big, I've been... well, cautious for just about everything. Plus, I read on another forum about a "rule" (perhaps it's simply unofficial and just frowned upon) that people aren't really supposed use other's sigs or avatars. Perhaps I made too big a deal out of this. Had the user logged in more recently (either the creator or requester) I'd ask them. Though... well, I personally just felt that I should at least ask someone. But you're right, the person who requested is probably using this on another forum, long gone, so I suppose I'll enjoy this signature for now...
The only rules I know of concerning avatars and sigs are size limits and maybe the content (like, no nudity and such).

There's usually an unwritten rule that says not to use an avatar/sig used by someone else to avoid confusion, but it's more of a guideline than an actual rule, so you don't have to follow it and you can't really get in trouble for breaking it.

Just take whatever you want from said user and should he come back some time and complain, you can always switch to something else.
Old 2010-08-24, 03:20   Link #4154
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fire View Post
The only rules I know of concerning avatars and sigs are size limits and maybe the content (like, no nudity and such).

There's usually an unwritten rule that says not to use an avatar/sig used by someone else to avoid confusion, but it's more of a guideline than an actual rule, so you don't have to follow it and you can't really get in trouble for breaking it.

Just take whatever you want from said user and should he come back some time and complain, you can always switch to something else.
Yah, not using someone else's siggy and avy is just an etiquette thing on forums. It shouldn't be a rule, and it shouldn't be punished unless you're obviously doing it to annoy others (e.g. taking someone else's signature and writing bad things about that person on it).

I think that it only applies as etiquette if that person is actually using the image(s), which is not the case with your dilemma.
Old 2010-08-24, 12:17   Link #4155
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:

I think you're fine if they've been dormant like that. The only reason AS doesn't purge inactive accounts is that it screws up the post thread history. The threads exist to document what is known about a topic as a resource (particularly for anime/manga).

What you might do is take the signature/avatar image you want and ask one of our fine artists here to personalize it for you (put your account name on it or decorate it slightly in some way) if you just want to be totally clear.

As said, there's no rule against avatar/sig sharing - its just that it can be confusing if *ACTIVE* posters are doing it so most people just don't want to be confused for someone else. Many posters here regularly change their avatar and signature so it isn't a catastrophe.
Old 2010-08-24, 12:58   Link #4156
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

There's no rule against using another persons signature, mostly because the majority of the active users here respect each other enough to not all claim the same images (it's confusing and in some cases rude). To the best of my knowledge it hasn't been any serious issue where two active users both have the same avatar or signature, and if there was a problem it was usually resolved between those people without moderator interference.

Since we're talking about a period of years here, I say use them. However on the off chance the creator for some reason does come back and raise a fuss just be prepared to respect their wishes and find another signature/avatar.
Old 2010-08-24, 15:55   Link #4157
Mr. Wang
Scholar of Yanderes
*Author

I understand. Thank you all for your time.
Old 2010-08-26, 10:29   Link #4158
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

The size rules appear in the Forum Rules: http://forums.animesuki.com/faq.php?...#faq_rules_3_0.

You should also take a look at the BB Code help file: http://forums.animesuki.com/misc.php?do=bbcode

In particular, the sequence [right]some stuff[/right] aligns to the right margin. Or, you can use the right alignment icon that appears in the toolbar above the composition window.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-26, 12:04   Link #4159
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbitres View Post
Thank you Seiji. Even though my first question was completely different then the first answer dictated.
If you mean that your question was about the most popular size for signatures, I think the answer is "as big as they can be." That's why I pointed you to the size rules.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-27, 02:55   Link #4160
Kudryavka

Why do anime characters have bangs (fringe for the non-Americans) by default, and the few who don't are oft known for their "large foreheads"? When in reality most people just wear hair back?

Tags
problem, q&a, serious