AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2013-01-12, 04:46   Link #5361
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Wow. Good animation all around. GOOD WORK anime production team for extending the fight! This way we can take our time enjoying the fights and story longer!

Can't wait for a new OP/ED and I feel bad for Yukino.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco Bell View Post
it was a good episode. I like the Baccus filler part added in. The only gripe I have is they didn't even animate kagura hitting yukino. It was just *THAP* *pan to sky* *pan to her on the ground*. I mean
It was okay without it too, it shows how fast and powerful Kagura is.

What you guys call Kagura type of character? There are always similar version of her design in other shows and they're SERIOUS out of all the characters.
Old 2013-01-12, 08:50   Link #5362
kitten320

I liked this episode, it had nice animation and made the fight look even more entertaining than it was in manga.
Old 2013-01-12, 10:47   Link #5363
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
As always, the anime does a good job of adding extra and filling a few things out, without it seeming out of place or unnecessary. I was a bit surprised, because I thought they'd address a couple of things this episode about Yukino and Milliana, but it looks like they are saving them for next.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-12, 11:45   Link #5364
ookamigirl

Kagura vs Yukino!
They sure has a lot to lose.
That bet was not a smart move.
This battle between celestial wizards really was something.
It was weird to see one of the Sabertooth lose, but that Raven Tail is just dangerous.
Second part of the episode was good but in a relaxing way.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-12, 12:49   Link #5365
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

So Yukono had 2 gold keys and a 13th gate? Shouldn't Lucy be able to ask Loke about that? Oh man Kagura was beyond crazy strong though, guessing Erza will fight her at some point. I totally forgot about Milliana, glad Erza was able to meet with her after so long. Never like Sabertooth, but wow their master seems like trash. Wonder what they're aiming for. So the bad event is in 5 days, but there 3 more days to the tournament.
Old 2013-01-12, 13:59   Link #5366
mystogan
The Lost Lamb

great episode, now there was always a suspicion of a 13th golden key, and hell it looked powerful but looks like Kagura is too powerful, unseathed sword style it was just something when she sliced the giant serpent in 4 from between, i almost thought Yukino will die, seeing how serious Kagura is, but now she owns her life.
seeing Milliana felt good seeing that the not so important characters in the anime are not forgotten, if was very nice

and the Gemma, Master of Sabertooth seems like a ruthless bastard all what i would expect from the Guildmaster of a guild like Sabertooth,
Spoiler for preview:

i din't thought much of her at the beginning of the episode but now i feel very sad for her

Last edited by mystogan; 2013-01-14 at 21:43. Reason: some believe it to be a spoiler
mystogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-12, 19:44   Link #5367
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystogan View Post
and the Gemma, Master of Sabertooth seems like a ruthless bastard all what i would expect from the Guildmaster of a guild like Sabertooth, i would have taken it with less heartly if he had slammed Yukino in the wall but making her strip naked in front of everyone!!,
i din't thought much of her at the beginning of the episode but now i feel very sad for her
Throw everything away doesn't necessarily mean stripping, though I admit that it was the first thing that came to my mind as well. It could be throwing away feelings, friends, the guild, pretty much anything.

I still love Yukino <3
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-12, 20:56   Link #5368
mystogan
The Lost Lamb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
Throw everything away doesn't necessarily mean stripping, though I admit that it was the first thing that came to my mind as well. It could be throwing away feelings, friends, the guild, pretty much anything.

I still love Yukino <3
did you not see the preview of the next episode!?, it was also the first thing that came to my mind and that's what it is, i say you quickly watch the preview for the next episode
Old 2013-01-12, 22:40   Link #5369
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

I don't watch previews. Thanks for spoiling me...
Old 2013-01-13, 03:28   Link #5370
mystogan
The Lost Lamb

Quote:
I don't watch previews. Thanks for spoiling me...
oh well din't knew that,but the preview of the next episode is part of the current episode, and what i mentioned before was quite obvious i think.
Old 2013-01-13, 11:18   Link #5371
kitten320

It is not a spoiler if it was shown in preview =/

Though in all honesty, if you want to avoid spoilers you have to stay away from internet all together.
Old 2013-01-13, 13:13   Link #5372
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

kitten you're the guy who defended Fairy Tail OPs for being non-spoilerific so whatever.

It's common knowledge that showing future events is a spoiler and it's seriously not that hard to put a spoiler tag around it, specially in general discussion threads.

Quote:
oh well din't knew that,but the preview of the next episode is part of the current episode, and what i mentioned before was quite obvious i think.
Being obvious or not knowing is irrelevant. It would be nice if you spoiler tag it in the future.
Old 2013-01-13, 13:35   Link #5373
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Being obvious or not knowing is irrelevant. It would be nice if you spoiler tag it in the future.
I haven't seen anyone so far post their opinion of next episode's preview in a spoiler tag before, seeing that it's a part of the current episode discussion.

If you don't watch it, then it doesn't mean that other can't discuss about it normally though
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-13, 14:28   Link #5374
mystogan
The Lost Lamb

Quote:
kitten you're the guy who defended Fairy Tail OPs for being non-spoilerific so whatever.

It's common knowledge that showing future events is a spoiler and it's seriously not that hard to put a spoiler tag around it, specially in general discussion threads.

it's still in this week's release so it's not exactly a spoiler

And we are getting off topic with such discussion where we should be discussing about the anime episode
So back to the anime
Old 2013-01-13, 20:11   Link #5375
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
I haven't seen anyone so far post their opinion of next episode's preview in a spoiler tag before, seeing that it's a part of the current episode discussion.

If you don't watch it, then it doesn't mean that other can't discuss about it normally though
The statement isn't less true just because you haven't seen others do it and actually people are doing it in this thread as well.

You can still have a discussion about the exact same content with two more clicks.

Quote:
it's still in this week's release so it's not exactly a spoiler

And we are getting off topic with such discussion where we should be discussing about the anime episode
So back to the anime
The previous OPs were in every episode yet they still spoiled quite a bit. It might not be a spoiler to you but it is to others.
Old 2013-01-13, 22:19   Link #5376
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Off-topic:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post

While I agree to an extent, I think discussion based on previews, blogs from the official sites, etc can be easily put inside clearly marked spoiler tags. It's like how a lot of folks have the presence in mind to put their take inside spoiler tags after watching a RAW episode. They don't need to, but they are awesome enough to show consideration for others who are waiting for the subs. Series that are discussed in threads have less room to work with to accommodate all kind of discussion that can easily take place in dedicated forums. Fortunately for us, Fairly Tail has its own dedicated forum, so please use the following thread for discussion based on previews and such...

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...39#post4512139

Keep in mind that the thread linked above is for anime-only viewers. Fans familiar with the source material should be using the other thread when disclosing/discussing information that has yet to appear in the anime.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-14, 07:34   Link #5377
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

TL;DR…

Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

I now have a moderator post for reference whenever this silly debate comes up again. Anyway that's enough of my ranting.

As for the episode, we still have a few members of each team that haven't participated yet:

Sabertooth Rogue (sp?)
Fairy Tail Erza, Laxus, (Wendy)
Raven Tail Obra and their leader whose name is escaping me at the moment if it was mentioned
Mermaid Heel Miliana
Blue Pegasus Hibiki, bunny suit
Quattro Puppy uhhhhh the leader and the one with the mask, whatever their names are
Lamia Scale Leon, Sheria

Personally I'm most interested in the Raven Tail members and whoever is in the bunny suit. Lamia Scale definitely is the least interesting guild followed close by Blue Pegasus and Quattro Cerberus. Mermaid Heel is carried hard by Kagura as well.
Old 2013-01-14, 09:40   Link #5378
ImperialFlameGod8190

a little of topic for the anime but it seems to me like everyone seems to overestimate the celestial spirit users. Lucy isn't strong at all she just controls strong spirits. Yukino is the same even angel from Oraction Seis was weak Karen Lilica was honestly weak. The master is a jerk but he also probably never intended to have her fight.
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-14, 10:57   Link #5379
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Depends on your definition of "strong". When going by physical strength, then yes all celestial mages are weak. They excel in controlling their magical power and sharing it with their spirits (someone with manga knowledge can probably come up with a better explanation). Controlling strong spirits isn't something that anyone can do and even more so two at once.

Although I share your view on Karen as she's the only one of them who couldn't control two spirits at once, Lucy and Yukino both have no trouble doing so, Angel less so since she had two "normal" spirits compared to two zodiacs. Yukino could also summon the 13th spirit with complete control which someone like (for example) Erza wouldn't be able to do. And while I'm absolutely no Lucy fan she is able to use Urano Metria which is a major power spell.

The main weakness of celestial mages is the user him/herself. No matter how strong your spirits are if the mage is knocked out it's all for nothing.
Old 2013-01-14, 11:05   Link #5380
mystogan
The Lost Lamb

more powerful the celestial spirit wizard is the more powerful spirits it can summon, and it's wielder magic not caster body magic so, and spirit summoning at that,clearly they themselves cannot fight, using spirits is the way they fight and a spirit summoning wizard's strength is measured by the strength of it's spirits and the number of spirits it can summon at once

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen