AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Maria-sama

Notices

Old 2006-01-25, 07:24   Link #61
SleeplessHeart
Sakuya - Rosa Tsukkomi

Okay, I haven't seen anyone posting the Cobalt Feb 2006 magazine's announcement. So Here is one of the pages.

Still no release date, but they will release '1st season and Haru TV series' DVD.
I assume that it is a compilation DVD (recap?).

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2006-01-25 at 17:07. Reason: Use thumbnails for large images or face my wrath!
SleeplessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-02, 12:42   Link #62
philip72

So is the 1st season and Haru TV series DVD what we assumed would be a 3rd season OAV, or is a 3rd season OAV still a go?
philip72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-04, 22:14   Link #63
pkgirl163

Send a message via AIM to pkgirl163 Send a message via MSN to pkgirl163
Quote:
Originally Posted by philip72
So is the 1st season and Haru TV series DVD what we assumed would be a 3rd season OAV, or is a 3rd season OAV still a go?
Nope, the 3rd season OAV is something else. It's still a go.
pkgirl163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-05, 15:30   Link #64
philip72

WooHoo!!!

Thanks alot pkgirl163, you just made my day. I was getting worried.
philip72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-07, 01:52   Link #65
Simon
気持ち悪い

Mangaoh have listed the first recap DVD, out 2006-03-24. Looks like there are going to be three, one for each Rose, released bimonthly and featuring new(?) commentary plus a music clip from the corresponding image album.

Disclaimer: I'm relying on Google's translation here, so I may have this all wrong
Simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-11, 03:39   Link #66
Simon
気持ち悪い

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleeplessHeart
Okay, I haven't seen anyone posting the Cobalt Feb 2006 magazine's announcement. [...] Still no release date, but they will release '1st season and Haru TV series' DVD.
I finally got my copy of that Cobalt issue yesterday - judging by the text "2006年秋発売決定" on the first page (218KB), I guess we're looking at an Autumn release? If the recaps are coming out March, May and July then a September-ish date for the OVA would seem to fit.
Old 2006-02-15, 20:18   Link #67
coefficient

What exactly would these recap DVDs contain? It would be self-defeating to release those when the series themselves are already out.
coefficient is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-16, 04:52   Link #68
Lackadaisical

The summary dvds are meant as a cheaper alternative to buying the entire series.

If the release of the OVA catches the attention of someone who isn't a fan, the summary dvds allow them a quick and comparatively cheapier way to get into the series when they otherwise might skip the OVAs because they are the third series and most people won't watch a series that far in without seeing the first series.

It creates interest in the upcoming OVA and it widens the potential number of buyers of the OVA.

So the summary dvds aren't really aimed at people who have already seen the series. They are aimed at people who are vaguely familar with the series but never got into it. The summaries provide a easily accessible entry point into the series that might attract fans more than having them buy the entirety of the series in dvds.
Lackadaisical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-16, 14:34   Link #69
coefficient

ah, I see how that works. I'll probably watch the things anyways
Old 2006-02-17, 16:02   Link #70
Simon
気持ち悪い

Quote:
Originally Posted by coefficient
What exactly would these recap DVDs contain?
From CDJapan:

Quote:
Fan disc volume 1 from the animations series "Maria-sama ga Miteru" and "Maria-sama ga Miteru -Haru-." This time around, the disc focuses on the Roses. Includes re-editied footage of famous scenes featuring the Roses (with new narration), plus music clips (image album+music). Also includes preview for the next series (subject to change).
They list the running time as 40 minutes.
Old 2006-02-19, 02:32   Link #71
Frozen_Lily

Romance Rumor

I heard a rumor that the OAV centers more around the romance between Yumi and Sachiko.

Think it might be true?
Frozen_Lily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-19, 02:39   Link #72
guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozen_Lily
I heard a rumor that the OAV centers more around the romance between Yumi and Sachiko.

Think it might be true?
romance between Yumi and Sachiko? Yes, you just have to wait for a million years for that to happen.

No, really, If this is true, I will definitely buy it.
Old 2006-02-19, 12:16   Link #73
coefficient

isn't sachiko into guys, though?
Old 2006-02-19, 17:10   Link #74
Lackadaisical

Yes.

Although, I suppose it is possible she has decided that Yumi is so wonderful that she switched her preferences but there hasn't been any reason given to believe that.

As things are, Shimako and Noriko and Rei and Yoshino are far closer to falling in love than Sachiko and Yumi.

I wouldn't expect it to happen though.
Lackadaisical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-19, 17:23   Link #75
coefficient

except that yoshino and rei would be a bit of a rural arrangement if you get my drift
Old 2006-02-24, 18:30   Link #76
Simon
気持ち悪い

News from the official site, translation thanks to Heisei Democracy:
  • Cobalt 2006/4 will have a standalone Maria-mite short story and OVA update
  • New novel Kumori Garasu no Mukou-gawa ("Beyond the Clouded Glass") out March 31
  • Maria-mite web radio kicks off March 9, hosted by Kana Ueda
  • Cast appearances at Tokyo International Anime Fair, March 26
Yay!
Old 2006-03-05, 09:50   Link #77
laurore31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lackadaisical
Yes.

Although, I suppose it is possible she has decided that Yumi is so wonderful that she switched her preferences but there hasn't been any reason given to believe that.

As things are, Shimako and Noriko and Rei and Yoshino are far closer to falling in love than Sachiko and Yumi.

I wouldn't expect it to happen though.
I would like a more romantic story between Sachiko and Yumi but I think it's useless to think of it because Sachiko MAYBE doesn't have this feeling towards Yumi. And moreover, I think Sachiko restricts the Yumi's "heats". I can't express my thought in english (i'm french) but Sachiko and Yumi don't have the same relation as Noriko and Shimako have. But, Yumi loves Sachiko. And Sachiko is terribly difficult to understand. In the anime, Sachiko dislike the men (father, etc) ... but we don't have the proof that she loves the women.

I sincerely hope for a love story between them two. I can dream ;-)
laurore31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-08, 04:10   Link #78
zen-san

oh man i really wish for the novel to be translated in english. and it's very hard for me to get a copy of the mag/novel which i think i will go and check out the Taka Kino this wkend but i got problem with jap. hehe ... yup i'm frm singapore.

too bad i'm nt super duper rich to sponsor the team to continue the anime. 2yrs le. i wonder how's the girls are doing. muhahaha ...

zen
zen-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-29, 09:50   Link #79
Blablabla
Zetsubo-sensei daaaaaa !!

Gokigenyou has been updated :
http://www.gokigenyou.com/news.htm#n01

More info to come in the next Cobalt issue ?
Blablabla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-05, 15:42   Link #80
Damien©

Here's a picture from the last Colbat with a illustration of all soeurs, an interview of seiyuu, a video game project and probably one another radio event (28 april ?) .

Texts are not very easy to read. So, here's a link to get a better quality : http://img473.imageshack.us/img473/4...12551718ou.jpg

D's©
Damien© is offline   Reply With Quote