AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-08-02, 15:49   Link #261
Enternal

But overall this series was pretty nice although I should try to watch episode 7.5 even though I have just read the spoiler from aliensporebomb but it sounds really good. After watching the series I tried looking a bit at the manga and I got volume 4 and I was sure suprised because
Spoiler:
Really odd... anybody know anything about that?

Last edited by xris; 2006-08-02 at 17:48.
Enternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-02, 16:51   Link #262
jfs
Aegisub dev

Uh Eternal, I think that belongs in a spoiler tag
I just re-read some of it to refresh...
Spoiler for Manga vol 3 end & 4 beginning:

Aegisub developer [ Forum | Manual | Feature requests | Bug reports | IRC ]
Don't ask for: More VSFilter changes (I won't), karaoke effects, help in PM's
jfs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-02, 16:53   Link #263
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Um... lots of trials and tribulations after volume 1 for our comedy couple? I've got the first five volumes and they have quite a yo-yo relationship (on off on off on off). Also remember that sex doesn't have quite the same connotation in Japan as it might have in your locale (cultures vary).
I've just browsed them so far... serious translation is queued up behind Yotsuba& and Mahoraba series.

7.5 is very funny in a classical way but not critical to plot advancement other than to show just how strong their bond is even when they're screaming at each other across Tokyo.
Old 2006-08-02, 17:16   Link #264
martino
makes no files now

It also shows that Aka is really interested in Matsumaru...it wasn't that obvious/strong in any other episode.
Old 2006-08-30, 22:06   Link #265
axeps2

does the anime follow the manga quite faithfully? What volume of manga does it roughly stop at or did they make up an ending for the anime?
axeps2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-30, 23:44   Link #266
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Hmmm, I'll say the anime follows the *spirit* of the first volume of the manga (there's a fair number of bits that don't make it in but hey ... 9 eps at 15 minutes).
The end of volume 1 and the anime both end at about the same point - and it is a good stop point. .... the manga, of course, takes the relationship on down the bumpy road most relationships have to endure.

About the main complaint I keep hearing is that the anime showed his buddy learning something that wasn't revealed to him in the manga at that point.
Old 2006-08-31, 01:04   Link #267
Acespeedy

So just a question for the manga...

Spoiler:
Acespeedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-31, 01:47   Link #268
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acespeedy
So just a question for the manga...

Spoiler:
The manga is ongoing (I have five volumes so far...)
Spoiler:
Old 2006-09-03, 02:08   Link #269
ZODDGUTS

Just saw the entire series and I liked it. Good music and very good animation. The only part I didn't like was when Matsumaru went all EMO at the final episodes. I had a feeling that would happen just to add drama but at least the series ended up uplifting.

Anyword on anther series. How many volumes of the manga have been released? Remember seeing five volumes but it's been awhile now since that's been mention. Also is the manga weekly, bi-weekly or monthly?

Yeah I know too many questions..
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-03, 05:39   Link #270
NeoSam

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS
Anyword on anther series. How many volumes of the manga have been released? Remember seeing five volumes but it's been awhile now since that's been mention. Also is the manga weekly, bi-weekly or monthly?
There's no announcement about a continuation (who knows if there will be or not, hopefully there will be a continuation >.< )

There are still 5 volumes released of the manga, and the manga is serialized in a monthly magazine.
Old 2006-09-03, 18:17   Link #271
ZODDGUTS

Oh I see I thought that the manga may have ended because I haven't heard of vol 6 coming out eventhough volume 5 came out many months ago. But since each chapter is a montly release it explains the slow release of each volume.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-27, 16:03   Link #272
etran11

anyone knows if there is any more eps like the .5 that is going to come out?
etran11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-24, 15:04   Link #273
CrYsYs
殺害

This is a really great fandub of the REC OP O_O

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hg7lC60MVVU
CrYsYs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-09, 02:30   Link #274
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

I have gone up to 4 episodes in the series what should I say I am blown away. You really can’t classify this show its traverses between slice of life comedy and romance. Its an interesting look on life of seiyus / person behind the voices

Onda and Fumhiko are somewhat opposite of each other at first glance no one can tell they can coexist let alone fall for each other . Onda is full of life and Fumihiko is dejected with life its funny how fate ends up throwing these two in the Fumhiko apartment. Really well made series with popular trappings but not getting diluted along the way .
Old 2007-04-11, 15:30   Link #275
aliensporebomb

Send a message via AIM to aliensporebomb Send a message via Yahoo to aliensporebomb
I really enjoyed this series. The manga sounds like it's a train about to detail
but the anime had just the right amount of angst/romance to give it a thumbs up.

In fact I'll probably re-watch it soon now that the h264 subs are out.
Old 2007-04-11, 15:53   Link #276
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

I am still stuck on ep 4 blame new series releases for slow downloads . Rec is a great show , Rec can be summed up as a Life of a Seiyu , the person behind the Voice and the romantic theme is an added bonus : D
Old 2007-04-11, 19:26   Link #277
aliensporebomb

Send a message via AIM to aliensporebomb Send a message via Yahoo to aliensporebomb
Exclamation !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfs View Post
Uh Eternal, I think that belongs in a spoiler tag
I just re-read some of it to refresh...
Spoiler for Manga vol 3 end & 4 beginning:
If all of that is true, I have to know if:

Spoiler:
Old 2007-04-12, 20:54   Link #278
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliensporebomb View Post
If all of that is true, I have to know if:

Spoiler:
Spoiler for manga spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliensporebomb
Spoiler:
Spoiler for manga spoiler:

And, keeping with the anime spirit of things, I kinda wonder how this series would have been as a full time slot (24 minutes) would've done. Although I am pleased with how the low episode count/low running time turned out to be, this manga has so much more I always imagine how that island scene would've looked

manga girl
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-18, 04:28   Link #279
Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
And, keeping with the anime spirit of things, I kinda wonder how this series would have been as a full time slot (24 minutes) would've done. Although I am pleased with how the low episode count/low running time turned out to be, this manga has so much more I always imagine how that island scene would've looked
The thing that made REC so good for me was the short format. However, I can't say that particular atmosphere it had (in the drawing style?), and the whole story about a romance trying to be made in the background of a rising (and conflicting) careers didnt also have a great impact on why I liked the show - in fact those did too. For a full 24 minutes show, I do not think atmosphere would be much of a problem (tho it might affect the novelty of watching a short 13-minutes episode); but what I'm more concerned of is whether they could keep me interested the plot and life of Aya and her friends - too much of her small circle and it may seem like another soap opera. While having too many other casts (which may be necessary to sustain a longer series) would detract from the atmosphere it gave. So, I guess I definitely won't say no to more Aya in 24 minutes (maybe a 13 ep 24-minute format would be best); but I'd go in with a little more subdued expectations.
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-20, 09:29   Link #280
Seiryuu

Spoiler for Pon?k/Yamada scenario:

As far as I've read, I think Aka still belongs entirely to Matsumaru, though she's sometimes living with the manager to keep people from finding out about her relationship.
I like this manga, but sometimes it seems to be getting pretty redundant. It seems like half the story is an endless repetition: Matsumaru and Red get a moment alone, try to ****, something happens to prevent them having their second time.
I sort of wonder if anyone's going to try to animate some of Q-taro's other works. I'll admit it seems sort of unlikely. REC's just about as clean as I've seen in his stuff. The other major work I know of is Momoiro Sango, which focuses alot on the main character's renters(three sisters) finding new and creative ways to torture him with sexual frustration. I'm wondering, do any of this guy's works either have little to no sexual content or at least not involve constantly unfulfilled desire?
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
romance, seinen