AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-05-12, 04:06   Link #181
Defiled one
Priscilla`s inner voice

Spoiler for 1:
Old 2007-05-12, 04:15   Link #182
HinaThePrince

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler for volume 11:

And yeah, what Defiled said.
Old 2007-05-12, 05:44   Link #183
lousy

Spoiler for response:

(anyway, is this in the right thread, this thread is for the manga jap version so, i guess its ok to mention non-translated stuff?)

Spoiler for claris stuff.:

Spoiler for more about claris' team:

Last edited by lousy; 2007-05-12 at 06:13.
Old 2007-05-12, 07:35   Link #184
silix
Claymore worshipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinaThePrince View Post
Spoiler for volume 11:
but
Spoiler for volume 12:

edit : sorry, i didnt read lousy's post before
Old 2007-05-12, 14:53   Link #185
vester

what do you guys think will happen to raki, will isley turn him into a yoma?
Old 2007-05-12, 15:01   Link #186
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vester View Post
what do you guys think will happen to raki, will isley turn him into a yoma?

I don't think so.

TO turn Raki into a Claymore, he would have to know the process the Organization use to turn humans into claymores. I doubt Isley or anyone outside the organization knows the process. It is the same reason why Riful was torturing Claymores to turn them into Awakens but not making Claymores herself and then turn them into Awakens.
Old 2007-05-12, 15:05   Link #187
Defiled one
Priscilla`s inner voice

If Riful knew how to do it, she would have been hunting villages for a while. In search for the little ones...Literaly.

She can get towards the children quite easily if you look closely.
Spoiler for Riful is a bad woman:
Old 2007-05-12, 16:01   Link #188
HinaThePrince

Mm, just read volume 12. Raphaela's flashback felt really rushed. And I don't get what Rubel was talking about. "Teresa is dead"? What? o_O;

Also, Rachel and Audrey have the awesomest battle strategy ever. Incredible, how Claymore has so many battles and each one of them brings in something new and interesting. <3~

And yeah, I stand corrected on the lights thing~ Sorry~
Old 2007-05-12, 16:16   Link #189
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinaThePrince View Post
Mm, just read volume 12. Raphaela's flashback felt really rushed. And I don't get what Rubel was talking about. "Teresa is dead"? What? o_O;

Spoiler:
Old 2007-05-12, 16:27   Link #190
HinaThePrince

Ohh. Didn't catch the time skip. XD Thanks~!
Old 2007-05-12, 16:40   Link #191
Seska

Spoiler:
Old 2007-05-12, 16:48   Link #192
Defiled one
Priscilla`s inner voice

There is something i donīt get it.

Spoiler for 1:
Old 2007-05-12, 16:54   Link #193
teresa

the manga is better than anime
Old 2007-05-12, 18:14   Link #194
ickem
シェリルの為に!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lousy View Post
Spoiler for response:

(anyway, is this in the right thread, this thread is for the manga jap version so, i guess its ok to mention non-translated stuff?)

Spoiler for claris stuff.:

Spoiler for more about claris' team:
The reason for their being sent was actually addressed in the chapter. After what happened 7 years ago, the organization decided to hunt down the awakened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seska View Post
Spoiler:
And Rafaela was VERY impressed with trainee Teresa, that's why Rubel's line about Teresa being dead had such significance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defiled one View Post

Spoiler for 1:
I'm no so sure that anyone other than Clare is becoming like Teresa. They only got better at what is happening by reading the youki flow. Clare and Teresa are able to read the future by see the person's intention in the movement of the youki before the person even begins to act.

Also if I remember right, since they have partially awakened, they aren't as limited in how powerful they can get anymore. Not too sure about this and don't feel like going back to check so take it I might have misremembered.

Last edited by ickem; 2007-05-12 at 18:40.
Old 2007-05-12, 18:37   Link #195
vester

Quote:

Spoiler for 1:
i think they become stronger and stonger the more they fight and train
Old 2007-05-12, 18:54   Link #196
Crystal_Method
I want dreads...
*Artist

Quote:

Spoiler for 1::

I believe claymores are given rank by their efficiency and capability to kill youma. Good example is:
Spoiler for volume 11:

The training that they get I bet is just to gain the ability to control their youma energy and use it to their own advantage. Actually becoming stronger solely is up to how they utilize their abilities to kill youma. From that, I'm guessing claymores get their own techniques to kill youma in the most efficient way (not the coolest way).

I don't think any of them are becoming like Teresa including Clare. It's more like they are becoming more powerful than her. Kind of shows how the newest generation of claymores are much stornger than the former. I'm not saying Teresa wasn't strong, it's just she was only strong in her time. And the youma energy manipulation thing has become popular now, there's at least 3 claymores that use it in different ways.
Old 2007-05-12, 19:23   Link #197
ickem
シェリルの為に!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal_Method View Post
I believe claymores are given rank by their efficiency and capability to kill youma. Good example is:
Spoiler for volume 11:

The training that they get I bet is just to gain the ability to control their youma energy and use it to their own advantage. Actually becoming stronger solely is up to how they utilize their abilities to kill youma. From that, I'm guessing claymores get their own techniques to kill youma in the most efficient way (not the coolest way).

I don't think any of them are becoming like Teresa including Clare. It's more like they are becoming more powerful than her. Kind of shows how the newest generation of claymores are much stornger than the former. I'm not saying Teresa wasn't strong, it's just she was only strong in her time. And the youma energy manipulation thing has become popular now, there's at least 3 claymores that use it in different ways.
I'll have to disagree with you about the new generation being stronger than Teresa. I think Elene is a good gauge of how powerful Teresa was compared to the later generations. She completely owned Ophelia with absolutely no trouble. She then gave Clare her arm and Clare became exponentially stronger even though Clare's kousoku ken with the arm was still only half as fast and half as powerful Elene's. She became powerful enough to take out an awakened Ophelia and was able to hold Daf off long enough for Jean to get her hit in. Clare has, of course, gotten quite a bit stronger since suppressing her youki, but it's questionable if she's gotten much stronger than Elene was with two arms. Now let's compare Teresa to Elene. Not much to say except that she was totally outmatched. So much so that she admitted to knowing that, had Priscilla not been with them, they would never have had a chance of completing their mission. With Priscilla, she felt that they had a very good chance of beating Teresa on the first try, but she was wrong. She only realized how much more powerful Teresa was after they had gotten wasted by her without Teresa having to release any youki. This was despite the fact that she couldn't read Priscilla so was forced to fight "normally." Teresa was also able to fight off a Priscilla that had released 70-80% of her power by only releasing enough to change the color of her eyes. I'm thinking that the only one that will become stronger than Teresa without fully awakening is Clare.

As for the new generation being able to do what Teresa does, I don't think that anyone other than Clare can do what Teresa did. She was able to see even the most minute flow of youki within the body which allowed her to basically read the future. She was actually able to sense Rafaela because she let a little bit of it slip out in the forest. Galatea is able to match her own youki with her opponents and can alter the movement of her opponents youki even if they are stronger than she is, but not if they use all their concentration to move the way they want to. So far we've seen Tabatha only being able to read youki from a distance in a way that is similar to what Galatea does.
Old 2007-05-12, 20:23   Link #198
Negativedark
Proud Yuma Lover.

Here's something I noticed about the Claymore ranking system. Noel and Sopia, when we first see them are bickering and almost start to fight, over who number 3 is and who number 4 is. When Priscilla shows up, one of them got ready to fight her for the rank. So it seems that Claymores can fight to determine who gets what rank.
Old 2007-05-12, 21:54   Link #199
Jinx626
Yo!!

Spoiler for vol 12:

Last edited by Jinx626; 2007-05-12 at 22:12.
Old 2007-05-12, 22:08   Link #200
cors8
Kuu-chan is hungry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinx626 View Post
Spoiler for vol 12:
Well Claymore's have yoma flesh in them and awakened beings don't like the taste of it so....
Closed Thread