AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > School Days

Notices

Old 2008-12-01, 15:17   Link #141
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solafighter View Post
Yeah i checked it myself cause i wasnt sure.

Mmmh... yeah... Bam Bam bam ....

Makoto... lol
It wasn't revealed whether Makoto went through with it or not...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-01, 15:58   Link #142
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Of course he did. I mean, what's there to doubt?

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-01, 16:26   Link #143
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
Of course he did. I mean, what's there to doubt?
Because Makoto hesitated in that scene.

-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2008-12-01, 16:39   Link #144
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Oh, there was not much hesitation, neither in the scene in question, nor when we next see Setsuna... maybe regret, but not much more. And knowing some of the game endings, it makes everything clearer...

Old 2009-01-20, 17:29   Link #145
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
Why so many people hate Sekai and idolises Kotonoha?:P
willyvereb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-20, 19:45   Link #146
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by willyvereb View Post
Why so many people hate Sekai and idolises Kotonoha?:P
I'm personally Sekai>Kotonoha... Rather, Everyone >> Kotonoha, but that's not the point...

I guess it is because Sekai is more "realistic" and Kotonoha is so "idealistic".

Sekai contridicts herself, isn't true to her feelings, etc. You know, the stuff she does. Basically, because she isn't always a good girl. Which apparently, the otakus just utterly can't stand or something...

On the other hand, Kotonoha is... Ya' know (at this point, I won't be using "", but most of my words are surrounded by it), cute and quite and shy. She's SO kind and you just want to protect her... or something like that. And her insane actions are categorized as "Yandere" and left alone... Like, "She's not a madman, she's a yandere" type of thought, which completely doesn't make sense.
Also, there are the "followers", who really make me understand why otaku are considered disgusting and such... Kotonoha followers just... well, hate everything that gets in Kotonoha's way. If another girl does something wrong, they hate. If Kotonoha does something wrong, they laugh or something else. Oh, and they add "-sama" to her name, creepily.
Though in reality (depending on the route, of course), she's a stalker, incredibly persistent (where Makoto breaks up with her, but she constantly goes "We are not" or tries to come up with some reason, no matter how much Makoto denies it... which leads to Makoto being indecisive again), seems to be under the impression at times that life should be perfect, and, the most obvious, has a dangerous mentality that makes her commit suicide or murder because some guy won't love her.

Old 2009-01-30, 02:52   Link #147
bin1127

Because sekai is the B who starts stuff up and Kotonoha merely likes a boy and got completely screwed by the B. Sekai deliberately made friends, introduced to kotonoha the boy she likes then in one fell swoop backstabbed (could've been a pun if the characters were reversed ) her. Kotonoha is innocent no matter how you see it.
bin1127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-30, 04:55   Link #148
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Yeah, innocent isn't a very well thought-out way of describing someone who kills others for revenge and does what she does to her supposed love-of-her-life.

Face it: no one was innocent, there. Not after a while.

Old 2009-01-30, 05:02   Link #149
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
Yeah she innocent...somehow at the start:P
But she has something realy wrong in her mind...her toughts about love are outdated 200 years ago. She thinks of herself as some kind of princess who must be spoiled by her love.
Sekai nowhere near to the bitch...in practice even Kotonoha and the other girls are more closer to it.
Sekai didn't forced anything...the one who desired was Makoto after he got a little taste of her body at the practice...i think she had no bad aims at that place just wanted to be loved by the guy she likes even if it's just as practice...she was sure careless and even Makoto sensed something wrong in it...
Then he made the choice: there's a goegeus girl in front of him as his girlfriend who lets him to touch her at last, and soon maybe something other. And there's a girl who let's him to do with her anything. The only problem is that the other one don't want to cheat Kotonoha and first he must leave his current girlfriend. Makoo chosen out of lust...he had no real feelings for Kotonoha just his lust for her body and he attracted by her kind personality a bit. As Sekai describes him: an idiot. Sekai knowed Makoto the best possibly because she had a crush on him for a longer time...just her kind an helping personality and somewhat shyness to her feelings didn't let her to make a move on Makoto when she learned that he "loves" someone else.
willyvereb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-21, 21:20   Link #150
Justin Kim
*Artist

Overall Sekai was just annoying. Kotonoha was a way better character, and had the distinctive traits of a real girl whom was madly in love with a guy.
Points for Sekai:
Her intentions were perfectly clear, I could see right through them. Anyone can see who she likes, it's completely obvious by all her actions. (Kind of makes the anime dull at this point). I mean the anime couldn't have made it any less obvious, her eyes, glances, and periodic silent moments during the anime just made it sluggish throughout.

The "flower," a good representation of Sekai's intention as revealed in the play. Even her best friend was able to realize it. The flower represents Sekai's unblossoming love. It's a completely messed up tragedy by the way she plays her friends or dupes them into having an attraction towards Makoto. Her personality is quite easy to tell.

Sekai chose Makoto and suddenly became obsessed with him. She had lust, it was not Makoto that started everything. Makoto's basic inner drives caused him to go into that big pile of mess later throughout the anime. Not only that, referencing to the manga - Makoto was always kind, he just needed someone to knock him back to his senses. Thus, that someone was Kotonoha towards the end. The usage of "practice," on Makoto was simply a seductive plan so that his love for Sekai would blossom sooner or later.

Although it is unclear whether Sekai had the baby or not towards the end of the anime. We can all say that it was due to the psychological pressure of not having Makoto by her side. Her best friend deduced that if she had no-one she simply could not take care of herself. Therefore, psychologically her mind developed a strange sense in which the stress of Makoto cheating upon other girls caused her to have the belief that she had a baby. I mean these scenarios happen in the real world today. That's what keeps the anime and manga going, it's so lividly explained by the mangaka and developers. Everyone has a "limit," in which the mine becomes perturbed with hallucinations or emotional pain adverted towards physical pain. Ask any psychiatrist, and they can tell you of a case far worse than this one.

Sekai simply was single - minded throughout the anime. Her belief that everything would be alright in the end developed a higher sense of unrequited love. She was literally an annoying persona throughout the anime, that caused this trainwreck towards teh ending of the anime. I mean seriously, after that grotesque scene - I simply could not just stand the anime anymore, I luckily continued after I saw Kotonoha's face afterwards. Kotonoha's face was pretty much my resolve into continuing the anime. Sekai is selfish, persistent, cannot face her fears, and is way too obsessed with Makoto too even realize her own actions. The downpour of her emotions led to lust and death.

Points for Kotonoha:
I disagree Beto, Kotonoha was the ONLY innocent character throughout this story. She didn't have any harmful intentions towards Makoto, and remember the past episodes where she was talking to Sekai about how she was interested in Makoto.

Same thing with Sekai, although Kotonoha was entirely innocent. Makoto was a complete idiot, although he did come to the realization that Kotonoha was the first girl that he loved. Kotonoha developed a strange psychological condition in which her mind was completely obsessed with Makoto. She had the belief that Makoto was talking to her on the phone, or coming to get her by the christmas tree. I felt so much pity, and so much anger towards Makoto. Makoto's incapability, and easily influenced behavior led to his downfall by Sekai. Sekai had complete murderous intentions, she plotted everything - and was intentionally waiting for the right moment to strike. Afterwards, we can imply from the scene where Makoto was beridden of, that she had seen his apologetic, kind nature through the eyes that gaped inwards towards Sekai.

Kotonoha should have ended up with Makoto, with Sekai not butting in. Makoto was so intrested in the ecchi stuff, that he did not understand exactly what Kotonoha was saying towards Sekai. Reference back towards the episode / scene, where Sekai comes in the room, and Kotonoha unravels all her true intentions. Makoto does not seem to make any sense of it, except the two love rivals in the room. It is because all Makoto wanted was some comfort, and he considered girls as his "playthings." Rather a messed up way of thinking.

Kotonoha was completely innnocented as stated earlier. Her expression of love towards Makoto was real. Afterwards, when Makoto began to stray away, and was influenced by his lustful nature. Kotonoha was subdued into a really unhealthy condition, where the body went through a huge mental / physical change. The hue of her eyes should have marked the significant change. Only when Makoto had realized his deeds through Kotonoha's eyes, was Kotonoha coming back to her senses. It just shows how much Makoto had gotten along with Kotonoha back then. Back then before Sekai came in barging for pratice, Makoto had realized that he his newfound happinnes was towards Kotonoha. I speculate the way he hugged Kotonoha to come back to her senses was a sign of true love. Although he was indecisive towards the end, he had finally realized his mistake through Kotonoha.

I would say that Kotonoha was completely innocent throughout this incident, it was only Sekai that completely continued these disastrous chain of events. She just wanted attention from Makoto, whom she longed for so much. Kotonoha reminds me of a frail, tender person but with a strange side that erupts after a life - changing experience.
Justin Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-22, 02:23   Link #151
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Kim View Post
I disagree Beto, Kotonoha was the ONLY innocent character throughout this story.
Right, she innocently killed Sekai, then. Moving on...

Old 2009-04-25, 06:59   Link #152
Seiryuu

Question:
I looked up School/Summer Days(game and anime) and found that Kokoro's seiyuu was Megu Ashiro, who also works under the names Aoi Kamizuki(I think for H roles, and Kokoro is one in Summer Days I hear) and Megumi Kobayashi. When I look up Megumi Kobayashi, it says she played Kimi in This Ugly Yet Beautiful World. I went back and listened, and I'm a little uncertain, especially since I don't see any direct references to a seiyuu playing both roles. So, was the seiyuu Megumi Kobayashi the voice for both Kokoro(in at least one version/game) and Kimi, or are the two completely different?
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-26, 19:49   Link #153
qwertyuiopz

dont they have parents...or HOMEWORK?
i have yet to see an adult in this anime!
qwertyuiopz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-27, 02:15   Link #154
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwertyuiopz View Post
dont they have parents...or HOMEWORK?
i have yet to see an adult in this anime!
They are supposed to, but they don't appear in the anime. As of the game, both Sekai's and Kotonoha's mother has appeared on screen and Makoto's has appeared... as a voice only.
Father? Just... don't talk about it... Because... Never mind...

Old 2009-04-27, 16:34   Link #155
bishopcruz

Makoto's parents are divorced, lives with his Mom, I think I ran into his little sister once in the game. Kotonoha's parents work a LOT, and I don't recall ever seeing her mother or father, just hearing them. Sekai's mom has got it going on though.
bishopcruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-09, 03:40   Link #156
ChildoftheNight

This may be a stupid question, but what's this 'nice boat syndrome' thing? I've seen the last episode and I know it has something to do with the last scene, but what does it actually refer to? Thanks!
ChildoftheNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-09, 22:03   Link #157
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildoftheNight View Post
This may be a stupid question, but what's this 'nice boat syndrome' thing? I've seen the last episode and I know it has something to do with the last scene, but what does it actually refer to? Thanks!
It's basically that the scene was so traumatical, that they can't forget about it. Like, shortly after the anime ended, people were, in other anime threads, joking or worrying about such a scene happening in other anime. Like, in some romance animes threads.

Old 2009-09-09, 22:19   Link #158
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildoftheNight View Post
The "nice boat" fad pretty much started from when the last episode of School Days was removed from the air that week due to a real life incident in Japan where a young girl murdered her parents. (Or was it only one of them? I'm not sure...)

Anyway because of this, the entire time slot for the 12th episode of School Days that week was replaced with a slideshow of random pictures of a boat sailing down a river with the caption "Nice Boat".

So basiclly, "nice boat" is kind of a metaphor for referencing disturbing murder situations that have been (as the poster above said) mentally scarring.
Old 2009-09-11, 01:15   Link #159
ChildoftheNight

Thanks guys! Something like that really happened?!?!?!? Man I'm scared
ChildoftheNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-28, 01:34   Link #160
Amazinasian
KAMEHAMEHA!!!

Send a message via AIM to Amazinasian
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
The "nice boat" fad pretty much started from when the last episode of School Days was removed from the air that week due to a real life incident in Japan where a young girl murdered her parents. (Or was it only one of them? I'm not sure...)

Anyway because of this, the entire time slot for the 12th episode of School Days that week was replaced with a slideshow of random pictures of a boat sailing down a river with the caption "Nice Boat".

So basiclly, "nice boat" is kind of a metaphor for referencing disturbing murder situations that have been (as the poster above said) mentally scarring.
lol is it bad that i laughed at this? the image of a 'nice boat' slideshow is just too much
Amazinasian is offline   Reply With Quote