AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > School Days

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-09-06, 05:12   Link #81
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

So Kotonoha has finally snap and the vibes of a "Higurashi" scene or maybe even multiple scenes of killings might happen...I feel so sorry for Kotonoha.
But I think there is only one person who could probably set this all straight...and thats Makoto himself...but I don't see that happening...
Old 2007-09-06, 05:13   Link #82
◕‿‿◕

Send a message via AIM to AvatarST Send a message via MSN to AvatarST
Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
Make Taisuke talk about it for a whole episode before actually doing it for the total shounen experience.

As for Kotonoha,
Spoiler for episode 10 development:
That can wait till she's done with them...
Old 2007-09-06, 07:36   Link #83
Echoes

That it certainly can. Mental health < Vengeance.
Old 2007-09-06, 17:51   Link #84
StrawberryKitten
It's Misuzu.

Spoiler for hmm..:
Old 2007-09-06, 19:16   Link #85
CJL13
God of his own ego

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrawberryKitten View Post
Spoiler for hmm..:
Well she did have the knives before meeting Sekai, maybe she grew a backbone and wanted to kill Makoto?
Old 2007-09-07, 15:32   Link #86
MetaSigma
Lunarian Knight

Send a message via AIM to MetaSigma
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJL13 View Post
Well she did have the knives before meeting Sekai, maybe she grew a backbone and wanted to kill Makoto?
To kill Setsuna? I mean think about it...Setsuna basically pushed her will upon Makoto RIGHT in front of Koto...she kisses Makoto who's trying to atleast say hey it's over between us, and Setsuna basically goes over the line in proving it. Taken into account Koto's hair line sanity and the fact that OMG Makoto actually said I don't love you anymore (How about THAT?!) TOPPED with the fact that Setsuna did what she did...I'd figure that Koto is going to kill Setsuna...as a justification she's thinking...if I kill the people he loves...then he'll have no choice but to come back to me!
Old 2007-09-07, 21:53   Link #87
Aceywacey
Shadow Priest

Send a message via ICQ to Aceywacey
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetaSigma View Post
To kill Setsuna? I mean think about it...Setsuna basically pushed her will upon Makoto RIGHT in front of Koto...she kisses Makoto who's trying to atleast say hey it's over between us, and Setsuna basically goes over the line in proving it. Taken into account Koto's hair line sanity and the fact that OMG Makoto actually said I don't love you anymore (How about THAT?!) TOPPED with the fact that Setsuna did what she did...I'd figure that Koto is going to kill Setsuna...as a justification she's thinking...if I kill the people he loves...then he'll have no choice but to come back to me!

That's what I think too. Also if they want to keep Kotonoha in character from the game, this is exactly what video-game-Kotonoha would do. Man she was crazy
Old 2007-09-08, 22:05   Link #88
starry_sky45
Cherry Blossom~

Send a message via AIM to starry_sky45 Send a message via MSN to starry_sky45
Kotonoha is probably the only character I like in this series. Everyone else is totally horrible. I feel so bad for her. I'm just waiting for her to snap and give everyone what they deserve.(wow that sounded evil) But yeah, she doesn't deserve what's happened to her.
Old 2007-09-12, 15:01   Link #89
GUTB_

Guys, lots of you who haven't played the game don't understand her character. She's pretty evil. Not consciously evil, just very self-centered. There's a reason besides her bust size she literally has no friends.
Old 2007-09-12, 15:03   Link #90
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Quote:
Originally Posted by GUTB_ View Post
Guys, lots of you who haven't played the game don't understand her character. She's pretty evil. Not consciously evil, just very self-centered. There's a reason besides her bust size she literally has no friends.
Like how evil?
Old 2007-09-12, 15:30   Link #91
GUTB_

The anime totally skips past Kotonoha's coutner-offensive. She basically doesn't care about other girls' feelings, she'll do anything and use anything to win. She's not consciously evil, mind you, so she doesn't do really terrible things -- but she'll lie, cheat, use people, etc, to win.

1. Asks Sekai to tell Makoto that she (Sekai) hates him in order to break Makoto's feelings for her.
2. Makes up a complete lie to Makoto in order to make him think Sekai's dumped him.
3. Knows Sekai likes Makoto, but nevertheless goes out of her way to help Taisuke get together with Sekai.
4. Attempts to seduce Makoto, and takes a compromising picture to show to Sekai in order to break them up.
5. Stalks Makoto so relentlessly that Sekai begs Minami to be Makoto's bodyguard on the morning train to keep her seperated from him.
6. Brings a knife to school when she suspects there is a girl who is temping Makoto away from her with the intention of stabbing the offending girl through the neck (Sekai gets scared off from telling her because of this).

Plus others. The anime makes her look like a victim, which she is in the anime -- but you aren't getting her character if you haven't played the game.
Old 2007-09-18, 23:01   Link #92
EphemeralDream
Suigintou Fan

Unhappy

Quote:
The anime totally skips past Kotonoha's coutner-offensive. She basically doesn't care about other girls' feelings, she'll do anything and use anything to win. She's not consciously evil, mind you, so she doesn't do really terrible things -- but she'll lie, cheat, use people, etc, to win.

1. Asks Sekai to tell Makoto that she (Sekai) hates him in order to break Makoto's feelings for her.
2. Makes up a complete lie to Makoto in order to make him think Sekai's dumped him.
3. Knows Sekai likes Makoto, but nevertheless goes out of her way to help Taisuke get together with Sekai.
4. Attempts to seduce Makoto, and takes a compromising picture to show to Sekai in order to break them up.
5. Stalks Makoto so relentlessly that Sekai begs Minami to be Makoto's bodyguard on the morning train to keep her seperated from him.
6. Brings a knife to school when she suspects there is a girl who is temping Makoto away from her with the intention of stabbing the offending girl through the neck (Sekai gets scared off from telling her because of this).

Plus others. The anime makes her look like a victim, which she is in the anime -- but you aren't getting her character if you haven't played the game.
And none of this would have happened if Makoto hadn't been such a dumbass.
Old 2007-09-28, 11:02   Link #93
Julius Firefocht

Well, Kotonoha won in the end. She took home her trophy of Makoto's head, and has entered the roll of honour that commemorates some of the most violent girls in anime history. Rejoice, for final victory is hers!
Rightousness is our Shield, Faith our armour and Hatred our weapon.
Aye, we are indeed the Angels of Death.
~~~~~

Blog featuring anime, manga, seiyuus, tabletop wargames (WH40K) and everything in between: http://nk-ds.org/
Old 2007-09-28, 11:09   Link #94
sniperz

loled... nice boat scene fits the innocent yet murderous intent kotonoha? XD~
Old 2007-09-28, 11:37   Link #95
cors8
Kuu-chan is hungry

Quote:

Maybe she's always had that in her but who brought it out?

I'm pretty sure the cheating and the bullying had absolutely nothing to do with it....
Old 2007-09-28, 11:41   Link #96
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
I prefer her anime version tbh - no where near as tainted as her game self

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-09-28, 13:39   Link #97
Darklightz
Wagering his life...

Well, Kotonoha may have survived physicalled but mentality has been defeated a long time ago.

I loved how she carried Makoto's head around. Kinda reminds me of Mr Wilson the beachball

Much like Sekai she was expecting too much out of Makoto and absolutely refused to see how unreliable and mean he is. But Kotonoha actually went above then when she snapped and got lost in her fantasy where Makoto is perfect and it's all the evil girls that try to seduce him. Even if Sekai hadn't killed Makoto, their relationship wouldn't have flourished as Kotonoha would slowly realise that the real Makoto could never keep up with her idolized image of him.
Old 2007-09-29, 07:50   Link #98
Lost-Wisdom
Wis-dom-matic

Best character by far, I've loved her from the start, and nothing more, Sekai is a bother and Makoto is the best character to love, even though he's pretty much of a slob to begin with.

Still, lots of love for Katsura.
Old 2007-09-29, 14:29   Link #99
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklightz View Post
Well, Kotonoha may have survived physicalled but mentality has been defeated a long time ago.

I loved how she carried Makoto's head around. Kinda reminds me of Mr Wilson the beachball

Much like Sekai she was expecting too much out of Makoto and absolutely refused to see how unreliable and mean he is. But Kotonoha actually went above then when she snapped and got lost in her fantasy where Makoto is perfect and it's all the evil girls that try to seduce him. Even if Sekai hadn't killed Makoto, their relationship wouldn't have flourished as Kotonoha would slowly realise that the real Makoto could never keep up with her idolized image of him.
lawl mr wilson...but i thought it was a coconut O.O

anyways i would think that kotonoha would stick to makoto right to the end - and suffering along the way. If you look she is the type of girl who is devoted to a single guy (unlike mr playboy over there). She is just your well brought up, typical japanese woman and would make a perfect wife imo ^_^ (and hey look! makoto would be the typical angry and violent man of the house who always beats up their wife when they are drunk or pissed...). poor kotonoha for having such bad tastes in men >_<

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-10-03, 01:41   Link #100
combat kitten

was Kotonoha sane or insane at the end where she carried the head off?

its possible for sane ppl to do such thing still right? he did pretty much traumatized her
over and over again through out the whole anime.

what a cruel bastard... i was hoping for a more painful ending for him though...
Closed Thread