AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support > Playback Help

Notices

Old 2008-04-06, 19:56   Link #21
way2slow

Send a message via AIM to way2slow
I have CCCP and CoreAVC installed and for a majority of MKV files, I'm left toggling the option "Preferred Decoder" in the coreavc configuration. While a majority of MKV files play fine, some 'DVD' MKVs just show a black screen and not playing.

As for HD h264 720p files, I can BARELY (and I mean barely*) watch them.
2600+ AMD
64mb nvidia vid card
1GB ram.

And I get a few skips and pauses here and there.

However, the past couple of months, having installed CoreAVC and having MPC set to Overlay Mixer* helped run the video much better, if not smoother.
I do find ZoomPlayer to handle 720p h264 clips much better than MPC.
Old 2008-04-07, 08:03   Link #22
emptyeighty

Quote:
Originally Posted by way2slow View Post
I have CCCP and CoreAVC installed and for a majority of MKV files, I'm left toggling the option "Preferred Decoder" in the coreavc configuration.
Not necessary if you disable h264 decoding in CCCP settings as per instructions.
Quote:
While a majority of MKV files play fine, some 'DVD' MKVs just show a black screen and not playing.
Provide a CCCP Insurgent tools -> test render, tools -> media info and tools -> CRC check of one of the problematic files and maybe we can figure out what's wrong.
Quote:
I do find ZoomPlayer to handle 720p h264 clips much better than MPC.
There shouldn't be a noticeable difference between the two. Are you sure you're using the players supplied by CCCP?
Old 2008-04-08, 00:47   Link #23
way2slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by emptyeighty View Post
Not necessary if you disable h264 decoding in CCCP settings as per instructions.
I did that already. nothing changed.

Quote:
Provide a CCCP Insurgent tools -> test render, tools -> media info and tools -> CRC check of one of the problematic files and maybe we can figure out what's wrong.
Code:
File: E:\ANIME\[KAA]_Full_Metal_Panic_Fumoffu_01-12.DVD(Complete)\Full_Metal_Panic_Fumoffu_01.DVD(H264.AAC)[KAA][C21E4446].mkv

Filter 0: Default DirectSound Device
Filename: C:\WINDOWS\System32\quartz.dll
Filter CRC: AC90B14E
Date: 2007-10-29 | 15:43:03
Filter 1: Video Renderer
Filename: C:\WINDOWS\System32\quartz.dll
Filter CRC: AC90B14E
Date: 2007-10-29 | 15:43:03
Filter 2: ffdshow Audio Decoder
Filename: C:\Program Files\Combined Community Codec Pack\Filters\FFDShow\ffdshow.ax
Filter CRC: 014A893C
Date: 2008-01-18 | 19:10:22
Filter 3: DirectVobSub (auto-loading version)
Filename: C:\Program Files\Combined Community Codec Pack\Filters\VSFilter.dll
Filter CRC: 3AF3972A
Date: 2007-06-08 | 11:14:08
Filter 4: CyberLink H.264/AVC Decoder (PDVD7.x)
Filename: D:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\VideoFilter\CL264dec.ax
Filter CRC: 6BCCDDE0
Date: 2007-02-07 | 23:54:30
Filter 5: E:\ANIME\[KAA]_Full_Metal_Panic_Fumoffu_01-12.DVD(Complete)\Full_Metal_Panic_Fumoffu_01.DVD(H264.AAC)[KAA][C21E4446].mkv
Filename: C:\Program Files\Combined Community Codec Pack\Filters\Haali\splitter.ax
Filter CRC: F663CC8D
Date: 2007-12-29 | 01:04:12
and

Code:
Media Information of: E:\ANIME\[KAA]_Full_Metal_Panic_Fumoffu_01-12.DVD(Complete)\Full_Metal_Panic_Fumoffu_01.DVD(H264.AAC)[KAA][C21E4446].mkv

General:
Filename: Full_Metal_Panic_Fumoffu_01.DVD(H264.AAC)[KAA][C21E4446].mkv
Filesize: 273 MiB
Format: Matroska
PlayTime: 00:23:36.896
Title: [KAA] Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu - 01
Application: mkvmerge v1.5.0 ('It's alright, baby') built on Jul  1 2005 10:35:18
Application: libebml v0.7.5 + libmatroska v0.7.7
1 video stream(s), 1 audio stream(s), 1 subtitle stream(s).

Video Stream 0:
Titles: [KAA] Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu - 01
Length: 00:23:35.458
Frames: 33971, 23.976 fps,  
Codec: V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC (Family: )
Dimensions: 640x480, AR: 4/3

Audio Stream 0:
Title: Japanese Audio (2ch AAC)
Language: Japanese
Codec: AAC LC, A_AAC/MPEG4/LC, AAC Low Complexity
Sampling Rate: 48 KHz
Channel(s): 2 channel

Subtitle Stream 0:
Title: English Subs (ASS)
Language: English
Codec: S_TEXT/ASS, Advanced Sub Station Alpha

I get episodes 1-13 working but going to CoreAVC config and having "preferred codec" ticked.
The downside of having that ticked is that 720p h264 file subtitles become lagged.
I rather have that option unchecked and have a 'stuttering' / sudden freezes, than having a 4sec lag-behind subs.

Quote:
There shouldn't be a noticeable difference between the two. Are you sure you're using the players supplied by CCCP?
Yep.

On top of all things, I've heard numerous users say my computer can handle 720p h264 EASY. Yet, I have difficulties, and I highly doubt it has to do with my configurations.
I've reformatted my comp 3 times in the past, barely had any apps running, and, uh, yeah. =/
Old 2008-04-08, 11:05   Link #24
emptyeighty

From the test render it shows that Cyberlink's h.264 decoder is being used. It has a lower merit than ffdshow, but a higher one than CoreAVC (without preferred decoder). In Insurgent go tools -> advanced, find and mark Cyberlink's decoder in the list on the right and click unregister filter. Then CoreAVC should be used the moment you uncheck h264 in CCCP settings.a

Quote:
I get episodes 1-13 working but going to CoreAVC config and having "preferred codec" ticked.
The downside of having that ticked is that 720p h264 file subtitles become lagged.
I rather have that option unchecked and have a 'stuttering' / sudden freezes, than having a 4sec lag-behind subs.
Sounds like your CPU is borderline. to playing 720p. What kind and speed is it?
Old 2008-04-08, 12:44   Link #25
way2slow

2600+ AMD
64mb nvidia vid card (GF4 MX440 AGP8X)
1GB ram.

oh well.

any way to re-register the Cyberlink's h.264 decoder?

thanks emptyeighty.
Old 2008-04-09, 07:38   Link #26
emptyeighty

To register that filter again click register filter in Insurgent advanced mode, find CL264dec.ax and click ok.

You can always download SD or xvid versions of what you want to watch, no stuttering or slowdown that way.
Old 2008-04-13, 02:45   Link #27
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

I recently went ahead and installed coreAVC on my laptop since everyone recommends it, but for some reason I think its running a lot slower than before and I cant watch HD h264 now
the frames almost come to a freeze, seriously. audio keeps going.
(low bit files work fine)

anyone might know what needs to be adjusted?

I had cccp installed prior to coreAVC, but i removed it and reinstalled, that didnt fix the problem.

specs are
pentium IV higher than 3200+
mobility radeon 9600
2gb ram
CPU is running at 60-70ish % normally with the file on and never hits 100%

I installed coreAVC on my anime emachine computer which is an athlon 2800+ and the same file runs perfect
I've been testing with mentar's MHD hayate no gotoku files
Old 2008-04-13, 07:12   Link #28
emptyeighty

Get CCCP Insurgent, go tools -> test render, tools -> media info and tools -> CRC check on one of those problematic files and paste them here.
Old 2008-04-16, 00:06   Link #29
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

here we go

Spoiler for Render test:

Spoiler for Media Information:

Spoiler for CRC:
Old 2008-04-16, 04:00   Link #30
Nagato
幻想郷

Maybe this filter is being used
Filter 4: "MainConcept (Adobe2) H.264/AVC Decoder"
Filename: "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS3\ad2dsh264.ax"
Filter CRC: CRC Unavailable.
Date: ERROR: File Not Found.

I said maybe, because when I run test render it always give me
Filter 4: ffdshow Video Decoder
Filename: C:\Program Files\Combined Community Codec Pack\Filters\FFDShow\ffdshow.ax
Filter CRC: 014A893C
Date: 2008-01-18 | 19:10:22
though actually Coreavc is being used when playback h264 video. Well, I hate to enable and disable ffdshow video decoder. I always have it enabled. I just set the Coreavc priority to prefer in the MPC when I want to use Coreavc.

Try play the video and see what filters are being used from ffdshow tray icon. If it shows video decoder other than ffdshow video decoder and Coreavc, set the priority of the decoder you want to use to "prefer" in MPC (don't know about other player). I think you don't have to unregister the mainconcept if you want. And if sometime you want to use it you just have to set it's priority setting. If you hate this method than go for register/unregister; wwwww

PS:
Updating CCCP to the latest version fix playback issue with haali video renderer I posted in this thread. Many thanks to CCCP staff.
Old 2008-04-16, 10:53   Link #31
Daiz
Pioneer in Fansub 2.0

Potatochobit:
Quote:
Filter 4: "MainConcept (Adobe2) H.264/AVC Decoder"
Filename: "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS3\ad2dsh264.ax"
Filter CRC: CRC Unavailable.
Yep, this is the one to blame for your problems. To solve the problem, just unregister the filter in CCCP Insurgent. This should solve the problem and it shouldn't break Premiere Pro either.
Old 2008-04-20, 20:36   Link #32
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

I tried to unregister it, but it said file not found.

so I removed it manually and coreAVC was showing when I did another test render, but the CPU was hitting 100% and the video was lagging a bit.

anyway, today its working completely fine. I dunno, maybe something was running I couldnt see or the computer just needed to be restarted after manually deletting that adobe codec. oh well, thanx for the help.
Old 2008-04-21, 02:04   Link #33
fyleow

I switched to Core AVC and now when I go to full screen mode in MPC the video no longer resizes. Basically the video plays at 100% size and doesn't resize to fill the screen in full screen mode.

I've tried Haali's, VMR9, and Overlay Mixer (which kills Aero) for the Output and they all have the same problem. Any ideas?

Test Render:

Spoiler:

CRC check:

Spoiler:

Media information:

Spoiler:
Old 2008-04-21, 02:30   Link #34
Nagato
幻想郷

What full screen mode do you mean?
The video only play in window mode and couldn't be resized to full screen mode?
Or do you want to play in "Stretch to window", not "touch window from inside" in MPC when you go to full screen mode?
IMHO, It's fine to have black bars but the video still has right AR than watching strange shaped moon, ball,......
Old 2008-04-21, 02:39   Link #35
fyleow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagato View Post
What full screen mode do you mean?
The video only play in window mode and couldn't be resized to full screen mode?
Or do you want to play in "Stretch to window", not "touch window from inside" in MPC when you go to full screen mode?
IMHO, It's fine to have black bars but the video still has right AR than watching strange shaped moon, ball,......
EDIT:

Ok I see the issue now, probably under video it was set to "Normal Size" instead of "Touch Window from Inside". Not sure why installing CoreAVC would have changed that setting.

/EDIT

So for example a video is 1280 x 720 but my monitor's resolution is 1920 x 1200. Since the video's resolution is lower than my monitor the video won't fill the screen when the video is played at 100% size. Going into full screen mode in MPC will put the video at the center but keep it as 1280 x 720. The space that isn't taken up by the video is filled with black space instead. Before I messed around with CoreAVC the video will stretch to fill the entire screen in full screen.

Well I just reinstalled and it seemed to work. I'm not sure what the issue was but I've been on this Vista install since December 06 and haven't updated CCCP since then so maybe the new version helped.
Old 2008-05-06, 20:03   Link #36
Nagato
幻想郷

Just want to report about my problem regarding haali's video renderer and nvidia card compatibility issue. Seems like, the problem was lying in the nvidia 3D setting. It had nothing to do with cccp. You just can't set the card to performance, balanced, or quality setting, otherwise haali's will produce artifacts like I posted here

OT:
anyone know how to stop windows auto update to request restart every several minutes after it completed some auto update.

Edit: Bah, just told it to just notify me. Still wondering though, why do they make such a moronic thing.

Ninja Edit: OK, seems like it's not only me who experienced this horror. MS really deserve award for this magnificent work. I think the users wont need horror film anymore.
http://www.codinghorror.com/blog/archives/000294.html

Last edited by Nagato; 2008-05-06 at 20:13.
Old 2008-05-07, 01:48   Link #37
smashingmiso

I did this step by step, but for some reason I'm getting two simultaneous subs??? : d
Old 2008-05-07, 12:31   Link #38
Nagato
幻想郷

Perhaps you have more than one subtitles renderer enabled. Just use one.
Typical case is MPC's built-in subtitles renderer, though if you install cccp it should disabled by default. Try "reset all settings".
Old 2008-05-26, 15:45   Link #39
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Hey, I have a question for a friend. His system has:

Pentium 4 @ 2.0 GHz
256 RAM

I was wondering if he can play 704x400 H.264 files, specifically Hauu~'s Higurashi Kai subs.

Video: MPEG4 Video (H264) 704x400 (711:400) 23.98fps [Video]
Audio: Vorbis 48000Hz stereo [Audio]

I personally have no clue since I've never tried to play H.264 files on such low RAM, but any input is appreciated.
Old 2008-05-26, 23:01   Link #40
Daiz
Pioneer in Fansub 2.0

I'd say they should play without problems.

Tags
guide, h.264, wiki candidate